Can't wait to pay extra for the new chapter (NOT)

The trailer just released, and it showed something we have never seen before. Two survivors releasing in the same chapter with the killer and a map. Obviously there's got to be some kind of catch. Considering we have an extra survivor, they will probably tack on an extra 5 dollars to the cost. As someone who didn't want this chapter from the start, I am certainly not buying it if they raised the cost for an extra survivor that they didn't have to include.

Comments

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638313#Comment_638313

    Except at its core, it doesnt fit the game. But yeah, great for all the people who yelled about a ST chapter even though it's an 80s sci fi show with horror nods.

    Yep. Great for the game. So let's get Frankenstein next. Hes horror. Or maybe the cheschire cat. Being trapped in a new world tripping acid is pretty scary.

    Devs have had some real stinkers lately and this feels like a really shallow fanservice attempt to structure the hemmoraghing that theyve caused.

    But hey, mass appeal worked for fortnite.....

    good for the game as in bringing waves of new players which will help the game

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638584#Comment_638584

    Considering they raised the price on the Pig's recent cosmetics I think it's okay for me to jump the shark. At the end of the day, they are after money.

    ...No carp? It's a company. Companies only exist so long as they make money.

    If BHVR stopped making money, thy'd do this silly little thing that kills companies; go bankrupt.

    You see, humans need food to continue to exist. Companies need money like we need food. Without money, they can't pay the people who work there, those people can't make new DLC/fix bugs/keep the servers running.

    And then the company starves and dies.


    The PEOPLE in the company can love the fans. And I'm sure most of BHVR does enjoy our feedback & ideas. But the COMPANY as a whole needs money.

    ..Companies are quirky like that.


    Human's can't ONLY live off social interaction, and companies can't ONLY live off the good vibes of their playerbase.


    So yeah; they're in it for the money, from one standpoint.

    And yeah; the PEOPLE are in it to make content we enjoy.


    But the money is just a hair more important, because without money, they can't make the content we enjoy. Or feed themselves. Or keep the servers up.

  • Even if the price is say 15 bucks, that's 5 dollars a month. How many hours do you play in 3 months?

    Take any other game and look at dlc? Price is competetive. Hate weekly skins? Its optional to purchase and doesnt affect gameplay at all.

    This game has been going for 3 years. If we didnt pay for maps and characters, then they would have moved on and left us behind cause there wouldnt be any money left to pay the developers for keeping the game going.

    Or they could give us lootboxes.

    Money wise, the small amount we pay for dbd is nothing spread out over a year.

    Devs need to make money to keep the game going. The only way id be upset is if they said that unless we buy some dlc, the game will stop working.

  • It's funny people complaining about something you don't have to buy. The maps are free. You don't need the new survivors or killers to play the game. You can buy new with blood shards.

  • LOL wait till its out some might had said the same about ghost face look at his Nerf and how not liked he is now

  • @venom12784 said:

    It's funny people complaining about something you don't have to buy. The maps are free. You don't need the new survivors or killers to play the game. You can buy new with blood shards.

    Not this time buddy. Shards can't be used to unlock licensed killers. And that's right, this is licensed!

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/639002#Comment_639002

    Not this time buddy. Shards can't be used to unlock licensed killers. And that's right, this is licensed!

    Boo-hoo?

    You're preemptively unhappy that DLC with MORE CONTENT will probably cost more to buy.

    It takes more money to make that content, so it makes sense it would cost more. But here you are trying to rain on everyone's parade because we're getting more content than normal.

    What's next? getting angry that they won't give away content for free?


    It's like going to a car dealership and going 'I want this new 2019 Subaru but it COSTS MORE than my 5 year old car! Why!?'

  • I'm sure the bundle will have 1 Survivor and the Killer, the other Survivor will probably come too but by them-self. Whenever a Chapter comes they give us the option to buy each one solo if we don't want both, I'm assuming they're doing that with this.

    I learned my lesson from the Plague chapter when I bought the bundle, I am not buying the Survivors unless I know their perks are good, I was very dissatisfied with Jane; unless they don't take away the Sprint Burst combo then it wasn't a waste.

  • @Locker_Monster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/639086#Comment_639086

    Boo-hoo?

    You're preemptively unhappy that DLC with MORE CONTENT will probably cost more to buy.

    It takes more money to make that content, so it makes sense it would cost more. But here you are trying to rain on everyone's parade because we're getting more content than normal.

    What's next? getting angry that they won't give away content for free?

    It's like going to a car dealership and going 'I want this new 2019 Subaru but it COSTS MORE than my 5 year old car! Why!?'

    You seem to be missing the point. We didn't ask for this extra survivor. It was just added to the chapter. Because of this, anyone who didn't want this extra survivor will now have to pay a higher price for the chapter. As I've said before, we could have easily done without one of them and just had one survivor and one killer as we've done previously. But clearly you didn't read the other posts and I refuse to continue discussing with someone so ignorant such as yourself.


  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/639093#Comment_639093

    You seem to be missing the point. We didn't ask for this extra survivor. It was just added to the chapter. Because of this, anyone who didn't want this extra survivor will now have to pay a higher price for the chapter. As I've said before, we could have easily done without one of them and just had one survivor and one killer as we've done previously. But clearly you didn't read the other posts and I refuse to continue discussing with someone so ignorant such as yourself.

    ..Do you call Kellogg's and scream you did not ask for marshmallows in your lucky charms?

    It's pretty ignorant to get angry that the devs went above and beyond for us.


    'Excuse me, waiter! I did not ASK for this meal deal where I get a burger, fry AND cookie! Take away the cookie! What? Just don't buy the meal deal? NONSENSE!'

  • @HatCreature said:

    I'm sure the bundle will have 1 Survivor and the Killer, the other Survivor will probably come too but by them-self. Whenever a Chapter comes they give us the option to buy each one solo if we don't want both, I'm assuming they're doing that with this.

    I learned my lesson from the Plague chapter when I bought the bundle, I am not buying the Survivors unless I know their perks are good, I was very dissatisfied with Jane; unless they don't take away the Sprint Burst combo then it wasn't a waste.

    I don't think so. Typically when they come by themselves it is an individual chapter and they are grouped all in the same chapter. Although it would be nice for people who want the chapter but don't want both survivors.

  • Well buddy I was speaking generally. Also you dont have to buy this chapter to keep playing the game. This isn't like cod where you you have to have the map pack to play on all the maps.

  • Lol who are these people that complain about $5 or $10? If you are so destitute that you can't find $10 to throw away on something, how do you own a television and console, or pc capable of playing dbd? Skip a meal at McDonalds and there you go, free stranger things content. Get a grip.

  • @joker7997 said:

    Lol who are these people that complain about $5 or $10? If you are so destitute that you can't find $10 to throw away on something, how do you own a television and console, or pc capable of playing dbd? Skip a meal at McDonalds and there you go, free stranger things content. Get a grip.

    As someone who's usually eating 2 bowls a cereal a day because I'm flat broke..It's not always that easy.

    Sometimes the gear is a gift (mine was so I could stream games & make some money). Sometimes people just don't HAVE the money after bills.


    That said; getting pissed off over extra content that MIGHT increase the price without knowing WHAT that price increase is is very, VERY silly.

  • @joker7997 said:

    Lol who are these people that complain about $5 or $10? If you are so destitute that you can't find $10 to throw away on something, how do you own a television and console, or pc capable of playing dbd? Skip a meal at McDonalds and there you go, free stranger things content. Get a grip.

    Hey buddy, in the real world, something called bills exist. You don't always have money to throw away on a game.

  • Ya I dont really buy it at all, youre paying for electricity, water, food, im sure youve got a cell phone and a car, mortgage/rent unless youre very young (hopefully). You pay for all that stuff somehow. There is virtually noone in this county that cant come up with $5.

  • @joker7997 said:

    Ya I dont really buy it at all, youre paying for electricity, water, food, im sure youve got a cell phone and a car, mortgage/rent unless youre very young (hopefully). You pay for all that stuff somehow. There is virtually noone in this county that cant come up with $5.

    I can't unless I plan ahead. :P

    When I say 'I'm a broke schmuck trying my best to stream for bits', I mean that. :D

    All my money goes into rent/electricity/food. Stream dosh is how I buy games or DLC.

  • Palmella, I do not love you anymore, NOT.

  • if it's such a problem, simply don't invest your time into it. tbh complaining about it may get you a few people that agree, but the reality is, the devs need their money, and you can't simply just negotiate the price. you pay what's asked, and that's pretty much it.

  • @joker7997 said:

    Lol who are these people that complain about $5 or $10? If you are so destitute that you can't find $10 to throw away on something, how do you own a television and console, or pc capable of playing dbd? Skip a meal at McDonalds and there you go, free stranger things content. Get a grip.

    Wow !

    You know 5 or 10 dollars that can be expensive in other countries ? If you only think about yourself, it's not worth it to mingle what others think

  • @Locker_Monster said:

    Don't be a downer.

    I doubt one Survivor is going to tack on $5, but if you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm hyped, and I've never even seen the show.

    Uhm, they already do?

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://store.steampowered.com/app/1009821/Dead_by_Daylight__Ash_vs_Evil_Dead/&ved=2ahUKEwij4cea84_kAhWLT98KHXd-ADUQFjAGegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw0gX9JTDy3-mWI598mpdNTm

  • I mean, don't mind me, but unless the survivors' perks are above average, I'll just buy the big gorg only.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638357#Comment_638357

    They would have to pay the actor's for their likeness in game as well so it is definitely going to cost more than other Licenced DLC's

    A prime example of this is if you compare the price of Ash and Leatherface's paragraphs, Leatherface's cost (I live in the UK) £1.99 whereas Ash's cost £3.99, this is due to Ash being voiced by Bruce Campbell and also because they had to pay for his likeness whereas they didn't with Leatherface.

    This sums it up basically that the STRANGER THINGS chapter will cost a bit more

  • It could be a lot worse. There is a reason Apex players are losing their minds right now.

  • I love watching people cry about things that are out of their price range. Like somehow because they want something they are entitled to it and if it doesn't fit their budget that's the companies fault not theirs.

    Live within your means and don't be a whiny ######### when that means you miss out on things. You're complaints about not being able to afford a DLC are the same as if I complained about not having a toilet made of gold.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/639131#Comment_639131

    Hey buddy, in the real world, something called bills exist. You don't always have money to throw away on a game.

    You could start a GoFundMe

  • you need a better job if thats to much for you

  • @HatCreature said:

    I'm sure the bundle will have 1 Survivor and the Killer, the other Survivor will probably come too but by them-self. Whenever a Chapter comes they give us the option to buy each one solo if we don't want both, I'm assuming they're doing that with this.

    I learned my lesson from the Plague chapter when I bought the bundle, I am not buying the Survivors unless I know their perks are good, I was very dissatisfied with Jane; unless they don't take away the Sprint Burst combo then it wasn't a waste.

    Pretty sure the Sprint burst thing is just a bug thatll go away.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/639095#Comment_639095

    Pretty sure the Sprint burst thing is just a bug thatll go away.

    I hope not, I really feel like I wasted money getting the chapter instead of just Plague. I'm not even leveling Jane, I'm waiting for Head On to come into the Shrine.

  • Jesus Christ then DON’T BUY it..

  • Wow, you are bent. Sorry they didn't ask you before making a DLC for their game and trying to make a profit while doing it. You have every right not to buy any product you don't want to buy. You show them! Why post hate mail about it here though? I, on the other hand am completely blown away and can't wait to buy it for myself and probably buy extra copies of it for friends that can't afford it, but still want it. Sounds like you are just upset you didn't get the killer you wanted. Good luck with that.

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    Maybe it'll be a legion situation. You pay only for the one character, but they treat the others as an outfit. So to play the Other survivor you just simply switch the characters "outfit"

    At least it's not GF situation where the cost of the dlc is just for ONE killer and only

  • Making a new survivor must be pretty easy for the devs. New audio, and skin is All a new survivor really is visually.

    Perks on the other hand are a little different. I don't expect 6 new survivor perks. I would assume both survivors are going to have the same exact 3 perks.

    It's Most likely going to be the same price as the other licensed killers imo.

  • @Chickenchaser said:

    Making a new survivor must be pretty easy for the devs. New audio, and skin is All a new survivor really is visually.

    Perks on the other hand are a little different. I don't expect 6 new survivor perks. I would assume both survivors are going to have the same exact 3 perks.

    It's Most likely going to be the same price as the other licensed killers imo.

    Seems interesting, but not what I'm expecting. You could be right though. There is definitely a catch in here somewhere.

  • @Chickenchaser said:

    Making a new survivor must be pretty easy for the devs. New audio, and skin is All a new survivor really is visually.

    Perks on the other hand are a little different. I don't expect 6 new survivor perks. I would assume both survivors are going to have the same exact 3 perks.

    It's Most likely going to be the same price as the other licensed killers imo.

    Eh, making skins ain't that easy. You don't just paint it onto a 3D model and call it a day.

    At least, none of the programs I used worked that way.

  • Broke ppl comment

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638340#Comment_638340

    Same. I was really hoping for an original chapter. Personally I find the ones behaviour makes to be better than the licensed ones. So much for alternating between them.

    ”So much for alternating between them” ######### are you talking about? They’ve never alternated between them. They dropped Freddy & Pig back to back after that it was Clown, Spirit, Legion & Plague, 4 Original in a row now Ghostface & Stranger things.

  • @Daniel101773 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/638353#Comment_638353

    ”So much for alternating between them” ######### are you talking about? They’ve never alternated between them. They dropped Freddy & Pig back to back after that it was Clown, Spirit, Legion & Plague, 4 Original in a row now Ghostface & Stranger things.

    I believe at one point they said they were going to alternate between licensed and non-licensed.

1 2 ›