Why aren't there more penalties for dc?

It's overly frustrating that survivors can dc so casually and consistently. They dont like the killer you're playing dc, they're the first person down dc, they got mind gamed oh boy time to slam that dc. With killers que time so long and not even getting the chance of a proper fun game it's just frustrating. And I'm not even talking about being toxic killer and whatnot just your average run of the killer shack games. But overall it ruins the experiences for the other survivors as the killer I feel so terrible because of that dc I just can't in good conscience play the game that I want to because they just got a huge disadvantage.

Comments

  • First things first: both sides DC

  • @My_Farewell said:

    First things first: both sides DC

    Yeah I never said they were the only ones that do that it's just more common for them and it really hinders their teammates when someone does. Only time I see dcs from killers is when survivors actively go out their way to bully and be toxic to the killer. Even I when getting Leroys Institute as hillbilly I don't instantly dc I just go as in because my fun isn't the only one at stakes here I want to make sure that everyone has a fun and engaging experience whenever I play killer that's just me.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    There is going to be more things done about DCing in the future. The developers said in one of the developer updates that they're going to add a feature so when a survivor DCs it leaves a husk. The killer will be able to hit, hook and sacrifice this husk to get full points when a survivor DCs.

    As a survivor, when a teammate DCs it pretty much throws the match unless you were in a good position (e.g. lots of gens done, no Hex: Ruin). As of right now, I don't think the developers have said how they're planning on balancing this more. Although, after the implementation of the husk feature, I'm sure they'll begin working on punishing DCers more.

    Currently, when you DC, the game registers it as a defeat whereby you:

    • Lose pips
    • Lose any items, add-ons etc.
    • Don't get any bloodpoints, XP etc.

    Moreover, if you DC enough you will get banned. Despite all of this a lot of people still DC so something definitely needs changing. Although only time will tell what the developers will do.

    If you want to read about this more I'll leave the applicable link here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/73858/developer-update-june-july-2019

    Thank you so much I really glad that they're addressing the issue and feel like I can wait for the change to be implemented

  • They don’t punish DC until you reach a crazy high amount now because supposedly they can’t determine if it was you DC or a server side thing... dedicated should fix that

  • Killers: "why isn't dc punished more?"

    Also killers: "face camping is a legit strategy."

  • @AWesley91 said:

    Killers: "why isn't dc punished more?"

    Also killers: "face camping is a legit strategy."

    I play both sides, and face camping if a legit strategy in some situations. And if the killer is camping you, and throwing the game just to kill you oh well. Suck it up. It's not toxic. It's a killer killing you because killers kill.

    If you're one of those guys that DC just because the killer kills you as fast as possible by face camping than you're part of the problem.

    It's Your fault you're on the hook in the first place. You made a mistake. Be angry at yourself if you're going to be angry.

  • @AWesley91 said:

    Killers: "why isn't dc punished more?"

    Also killers: "face camping is a legit strategy."

    Yeah.

    Both of these statements are true.

  • @Chickenchaser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635923#Comment_635923

    I play both sides, and face camping if a legit strategy in some situations. And if the killer is camping you, and throwing the game just to kill you oh well. Suck it up. It's not toxic. It's a killer killing you because killers kill.

    If you're one of those guys that DC just because the killer kills you as fast as possible by face camping than you're part of the problem.

    It's Your fault you're on the hook in the first place. You made a mistake. Be angry at yourself if you're going to be angry.

    While I agree it's a strat and anyone is welcome to do it, I don't agree that it's not toxic.

  • Killers that DC in my opinion are worst than survivors that DC, as the survivors often don't get any of the bloodpoints that they gained in the match due to the killer dcing.

  • @AWesley91 said:

    Killers: "why isn't dc punished more?"

    Also killers: "face camping is a legit strategy."

    ...because it is? Sure you basically guarantee the kill but you take the risk of losing two gens for it.

  • @AWesley91 said:

    Killers: "why isn't dc punished more?"

    Also killers: "face camping is a legit strategy."

    Please stop complaining about this.

    Face camping IS a legit strategy - and it's not comparable to DC.

    Also, if a killer is face camping its easily punishable with a heavy gen rushing because he is not doing the main thing he should: applying pressure on gens.

  • @AWesley91 said:

    Killers: "why isn't dc punished more?"

    Also killers: "face camping is a legit strategy."

    I understand that some killers face camp but your comment is nowhere near the topic I was stating. Don't know how this applies to my post about fair games being ruined by dc's for that hinders everyone else's fun

    1. There have been a million and one announcements that DC's will be more heavily monitored and punished when they update to dedicated servers.
    2. I played a match yesterday against a rank 10 nurse (4 days after reset so they must have been higher rank previously), I looped her for only 1 gen, pallet slammed her once and she DC'd so this isn't just about survivors DC'ing. (i was running lithe, self care, adrenaline, and we'll make it and had no items before anyone jumps in assuming I was running dead hard or MoM or some other perk killers consider "toxic")
  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    Killers that DC in my opinion are worst than survivors that DC, as the survivors often don't get any of the bloodpoints that they gained in the match due to the killer dcing.

    That's true but like I said only when survivors go out their way to bully the killer is mostly when I see the most dcs from killers, but when a survivor dc's the game keeps going and even tho the developers stopped the 3 survivors lobby it's still a crutch to them for someone leaving early and I can't find justifiably morals to keep playing my best with them

  • @RakimSockem said:

    1. There have been a million and one announcements that DC's will be more heavily monitored and punished when they update to dedicated servers.
    2. I played a match yesterday against a rank 10 nurse (4 days after reset so they must have been higher rank previously), I looped her for only 1 gen, pallet slammed her once and she DC'd so this isn't just about survivors DC'ing. (i was running lithe, self care, adrenaline, and we'll make it and had no items before anyone jumps in assuming I was running dead hard or MoM or some other perk killers consider "toxic")

    I had a game recently too like that where I was in the game and the killer manage to get an early kill off of someone but because of my pathing he dc and told me "I never play on the game too many safe pallets," I was injured after my first hook and tried my best to leave before he got too close to me. It's just so hard for me to think about dcing because the game goes south for any side. It's never over till it's over. But with the dedicated servers hopefully both survivors and killers are penalize for dcing.

  • @Charroger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636121#Comment_636121

    That's true but like I said only when survivors go out their way to bully the killer is mostly when I see the most dcs from killers, but when a survivor dc's the game keeps going and even tho the developers stopped the 3 survivors lobby it's still a crutch to them for someone leaving early and I can't find justifiably morals to keep playing my best with them

    I don't know, I don't think the "the survivors are bullying me" is an excuse to DC. I've had a lot killers DC on me, I even had a killer who DC'd on me and then post on this forum how I made him quit playing the game.

    I wouldn't say I go into games to bully the killer, I go into games to survive. My strength as a survivor is in the chase, so I will try and get the killer to chase me as I'm confident that I'm probably the strongest in the chase and I will use less pallets whilst being chased compared to the other three survivors. It's really down to the killer to recognise that the survivor they are chasing is efficient and adept in the chase, and abandon the chase, go for a survivor that is weaker in the chase and will use up more pallets.

  • Suicides on first hook will become the new norm. Punishing dcs is a bandaid that doesnt address the actual issues causing the dcs. It will solve nothing.

  • @baron It'll solve everything for killers.

    I'll get my bbq stack and my points for hook phases. 🤷‍♀️

    Then i'll get an easy match because they just gave up.

    All of that vs 600 points for a dc at the moment.

  • @baron said:

    Suicides on first hook will become the new norm. Punishing dcs is a bandaid that doesnt address the actual issues causing the dcs. It will solve nothing.

    It’s not ideal, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to stop first hook suicides?!? Remove the option to escape, that would require perk reworks. I’d be open to suggestions.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/636419#Comment_636419

    I don't know, I don't think the "the survivors are bullying me" is an excuse to DC. I've had a lot killers DC on me, I even had a killer who DC'd on me and then post on this forum how I made him quit playing the game.

    I wouldn't say I go into games to bully the killer, I go into games to survive. My strength as a survivor is in the chase, so I will try and get the killer to chase me as I'm confident that I'm probably the strongest in the chase and I will use less pallets whilst being chased compared to the other three survivors. It's really down to the killer to recognise that the survivor they are chasing is efficient and adept in the chase, and abandon the chase, go for a survivor that is weaker in the chase and will use up more pallets.

    This is hard to learn though, I used to fall for this and spend all game chasing that one survivor which then leads to camping because by that point you just wanna secure one kill. Now I’m smart enough to realize that on MOST teams only 1 or 2 survivors are that good, I just find the easier targets. If I run into a team of 4 players like you @Nutty_Professor I take my lumps and hope I eventually use it to get better. But like I said this is kind of hard to learn or accept psychologically for a lot of people.

  • I hate when survivors DC because it's not like a killer he has nothing to depend on but himself but when a survivor DC's it puts a burden on everyone else. When you DC I think you should De-rank badly. Example if you purposely DC by pressing start and selecting Quit and your at rank 5 you should lose 5 ranks going back to 10. Or devs just remove the quit feature? Don't be a wuss, I know all teammates aren't exactly helpful but suck it up and TRY your best and don't quit!

    @dastaeryk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635923#Comment_635923

    Please stop complaining about this.

    Face camping IS a legit strategy - and it's not comparable to DC.

    Also, if a killer is face camping its easily punishable with a heavy gen rushing because he is not doing the main thing he should: applying pressure on gens.


  • @dastaeryk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635923#Comment_635923

    Please stop complaining about this.

    Face camping IS a legit strategy - and it's not comparable to DC.

    Also, if a killer is face camping its easily punishable with a heavy gen rushing because he is not doing the main thing he should: applying pressure on gens.

    It's really annoying to keep hearing about face camping maybe survivors should get Gen's done Instead of crouching around the hooked teammate waiting for the killer to leave which he normally never does because he's camping and just escape! Or use Kindred so they can see if he's camping you or if a teammate is already trying to save you but survivors are to naive to use it. Remember the same way killers need BBQ & Chilli to see where you are is the same way your teammates need to see each other or if your being camped.