Everyone Stop and Read
Could we all for a moment just appreciate the game as it is? I don't know about you, but I currently find the current state of DBD relatively balanced. Yes I play both killer and survivor (Though more killer than survivor), but overall I'm generally satisfied with the game.
For once I would like to thank the lovely devs from Behavior for overall finally achieving a balanced state to the game. Because when we compare it threw all the things both survivors and killers when threw, all the chaos, especially my least personal favorite, mending add on bug. I would say we've finally achieved a relative game balance. Things aren't as super stressful as killer anymore and I can now enjoy my games be it win or lost.
As a survivor, sure I get stressed out here and there, but is part of the role. As a survivor I'm always meant to be stressed. You're supposed to feel that adrenaline surging inside you when getting chased by the killer. It is an Asymmetrical Horror Game after all. Plus overall, I'm satisfied with my games as a survivor.
Now in days I can enjoy playing the game. Plus now I have a new goal, to reach rank 1 as survivor. I already did it with Killer, all I need is to play more survivor. (Though old killer habits die hard)
I know that there are some things we find unfair, be it on the killer or survivor side, but overall the game is more balanced than ever before. I'm sure super happy when Freddy got his glorious rework. A new way to play and a new challenge as a survivor. Both sides now generally have an equal chance of winning. Sure, the killer side uses mostly the strong killers, but is fair when you consider they go up against really good survivors.
The game as I see it, is once again balanced, and I can proudly say this from the bottom of my heart.
I do believe the devs did a really good job so far. So love to the devs, and love to all of you be it killer or survivor who make the game fun to play and challenging. We need more like you in this community. A proud community that share one goal. To have fun in the game. We're all here together in the fog sitting at the campfire. While the fog isn't perfect, it is something to be proud of.
With love, DoomOrb
Comments
I feel like this game is actually really close to 100% balance, sure, some things annoy me but I just que up and play the next match or switch sides to calm down. <3
The Devs have done a pretty good job so far. :)
This game is nowhere near being balanced. It used to be a lot worse but we are far from where it should be.
This. I get the point of this post but we're at like 80% (if that) balanced. That last 20 percent is gonna take a couple years.
Balanced enough for me to enjoy the game.
I wouldn't say we're far. Both sides have an equal chance now. Depending on what they use.
Indeed they did.
Yeah, very much so.
The devs created one hell of a game and I'm greatly appreciative of their efforts 8n making it better for everyone who enjoys it. Thank you, devs for this game. (Shameless begging, but can Pennywise be in the game as a killer with his own chase theme? xD)
Balanced? Sure.
Nurse 5 blinks instasaw instadown tombstone infinite tier 3 morì instaheal and swf
The game is much better then before but as others have stated, we need a decent amount of work from the devs to complete the job in balancing...
And even after its finally balanced the game needs more....... I'd love to see more items for survivors, offerings, different game mechanics that and such and all of that will need to be balanced as well...
Nurse is already getting checked, plus even before that I never found 5 blinks as a super problem as a survivor.
Instasaw, you just got to know how to dodge it. Learn how to.
Tombstone infinite, yes but I'm not really going to fight about that as devs will relook all maps and fix them. So I'm rooting on the devs.
Mories were in a way nerf thanks to rank system, plus even then, learn to take the L.
Instaheals are rather unfair, but they're part of the game. Just learn to play around it. I sure did.
SWF are a problem, but now in days I look at it as a challenge. You should to and just play the game.
Same here. New items would make the survivor role much interesting and fun, but it better not be super overpowered as the role of power is still supposed to be on the Killer side. Overall the game is much better and I'm satisfied with the current area we're at.
The game is perfect where it is now, people get mad that the killer kills them or even Mori them well thats the job of the killers as it is the job of the survivers to fix the Gen and leave yes it sucks when u get gen rushed but just deal with it and try ur best, and yes it sucks when u get Mori but also try u beat not to get caught and say gg this was a fun round and move on, don't quit, don't be toxic and send ######### like someone did to me 😂 just be positive I don't win every game I play as killer but when I do lose I give them all props on the goodjob
It's surely better than 2016 at launch, but we still have a long way to go.
Agreed.
What's missing in your case if I may ask?
Bug fixes (and yes I'm aware no game is perfect), optimization, and then things beyond like new gamemodes. Then, maybe, we will all stop acting like the devs do nothing when they work tirelessly to fit our demands only for us to spit in their faces.
I thank the Dves for making the game and continuing to make the game, it has def been one of my favorite games I've played in a long time. I care about it a lot, I've made friends because of it, it really helps with fueling my imagination for my books, and it's nice to have a game where I can play as a psychopath and murder people. Playing as the bad guy has always been something that is lacking in video games unless they make a watered down version of it like ''he's bad BUT HE'S STILL GEWD''.
I just hope that some of the stranger decisions they've been making LIKE with Legion and Ghostface stop very soon, like they get past this pattern they're doing with ridiculous balance decisions. That's really my only hope that I have for this game as everything else seems to be on it's way to getting fixed eventually.
Please Devs, stop making weird decisions to give stealth Killers very loud noises when we can already see them since all their cosmetics are very colorful.
Please stop making ''fast'' Killers really slow
Please stop making Killers with a weakness that is also their strength, it is very strange and illogical. I mean, if they were invisible and we could hear them then that would make sense. Yes I know this design was rolled back eventually but it was still something they decided to put into the character, it was intended for full release until it got bashed by the community.
Well bug fixes aren't easy. Have you tried programming? Is way harder than what it looks.
Well killers do need some counterplay. All we killers need to learn is to counter such counterplays. While I love to have more strong killers because I am a killer main. I also don't want my solo survivor life to be hell.
Balance-wise (in the overall sense NOT the specific), this game is in a decent place. I have many issues regarding other areas of the game including but not limited to lunge animations and successful hit animations, survivor items, nearly all survivor and killer add-ons except for the majority of The Nurse's and some of The Shape's, lack of situational dying state music, and not enough fixed camera angles.
But being all negative is never any good, so, Well Done, BHVR for the good you've done so far.
Don't you mean "They did a pretty good job so far?"
Quick counter guide
Nurse, wraith, hag are weak to flashlights
Nurse can be forced into fatigue when flashed as she charges
Freddy has his clocks
Pig her trap stations
Huntress needs lockers
Trapper can have his traps destroyed with box or sabatour
Doctor cant detect you with calm spirit and the illusions can be dispelled quicker by touching them
Clown implodes himself into the ground when reloading
Plague can be "no mither mode" and ignore her second power
Dont play legion does his power still hurt him?
Leatherface is leatherface
Billy technically has no built in counter besides being bad and whiffing