I am scared for Nurse.

As you can tell from my profile name, I am a Nurse main. (Not a baby Nurse that was a joke LOL) The way the devs were talking about "taking a look at her" is so strange imo, I wish they would elaborate more. Like yes, I am fine with her addon reworks in fact I support it, but BHVR has taken killers like legion plague, ghostface etc, and "tweaked" them which made them worse. I am kind of scared that this will be the case for Nurse as well. Luckily I got my adept with her yesterday but I really really don't want her to end up trash just because survivors were whining. It has happened before.

This game is super strange, no killer is safe from a supposed nerf or buff so you're basically at the devs' mercy even if it is a terrible decision. Like you can buy a killer but a few weeks afterwards you wonder if you made a ######### purchase because the devs mentioned changing them or something. Sometimes I hate these devs. Make up your minds?

Comments

  • Literally couldn't care less with what happens to Nurse's addons, you could delete them for all I care.


    Leave her basekit be.

  • @Acromio said:

    They're gonna turn her into a power gauge laughing stock, and there's nothing we can do about it.

    This /\..... blink 2x have a 45 second cooldown before you can blink again...... yup because that's "fun"......... the worse part is that us console players haven't even gotten a chance to really play her because the optimization is still horrid for nurse, so like.............. thousands and thousands of players across the world haven't gotten the opportunity to even master her in her current state but because the casual pc players dont wanna learn how to be unpredictable (I've seen 2 good players .. ussyliss and Tru3 run red rank nurses around to the point of frustration) nurse needs a nerf before optimization happens...... thanks PC survivors appreciate it...

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Basekit Nurse is fine. She is the only killer (Besides Spirit) that is not affected by horrible map design. Unmindgameable loops, where the killer's skill litterally doesnt matter at all. Where the killer needs to break the pallet, or wait for the window to be blocked. Without that its physically impossible to land a hit on any semi-decent survivor. No counterplay whatsover from the killer's side.

    I do agree that her add-ons needs looking into it. And I am completely fine with the developers reworking them. But for the health of the game, please leave her base-power.

    This is why she NEEDS to stay. People don't realize how good survivors have absolutely no counterplay aside from Nurse; so if it is in fact a nerf, survivors will 100% go back to being the main power role with no counterplay at all. (Spirit will be the only hope but then again she can still be looped sometimes.)

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/614971#Comment_614971

    Iron Will is not needed if you properly break line of sight instead of running straight to the next pallet, which is what about 95% of survivors do

    The other 5% ragequits as soon as you hit them once

    TOO many survivors I've played against as Nurse do this. Even my friends do this and, surprise, if you drop a pallet it's basically a free hit for her. Meanwhile in some games I've played against survivors who actually know what to do against her and have made the game more of a challenge as her.

  • @Rivyn said:

    They did say 'slight changes' to her base kit. Now, slight can mean different things, so we'll just have to wait. I am curious as to what they'll do with her addons. I can see them removing four and five blinks. Maybe range and speed. What those will be replaced with, though, will be interesting. I still believe three blinks should be possible, and the max, with addons. Maybe a very rare.

    Yeah a 3rd blink should be a thing bit like you said a very rare - ultra.... maybe if it becomes an ultra it could also up the speed of the blink a bit

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/613774#Comment_613774

    since nurse console users are so rare they might rework her so a majority of people on console can play her now instead whilst nerfing her. But that isn't very likely to happen.

    As for the actual thread I honestly don't think the changes will be that big at all unless you rely on add-ons.

    No thatd be lazy.... console needs optimization anyways and therefore nurse should stay as is at base and give some TLC to the addons...

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/614830#Comment_614830

    This /\..... blink 2x have a 45 second cooldown before you can blink again...... yup because that's "fun"......... the worse part is that us console players haven't even gotten a chance to really play her because the optimization is still horrid for nurse, so like.............. thousands and thousands of players across the world haven't gotten the opportunity to even master her in her current state but because the casual pc players dont wanna learn how to be unpredictable (I've seen 2 good players .. ussyliss and Tru3 run red rank nurses around to the point of frustration) nurse needs a nerf before optimization happens...... thanks PC survivors appreciate it...

    I feel like this is what is going to happen, but we'll see. I feel really bad for console players too which is why I hope that they might make her easier to use like other people here suggested. This game is honestly such a dumpster fire in terms of balance and optimization.

  • @BabyNurseIsa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/615234#Comment_615234

    I feel like this is what is going to happen, but we'll see. I feel really bad for console players too which is why I hope that they might make her easier to use like other people here suggested. This game is honestly such a dumpster fire in terms of balance and optimization.

    If you wanna hear something a bit more scary/realistic........

    Up the MS to 100%

    Implement each blink having a cooldown of 7.5seconds (so blink 1x that blink is on cooldown, blink the 2nd x that blink is on cooldown)

    Reduce the range addons

    Remove all additional blink addons except 1 additional blink and up the rarity to very rare or ultra

    Implement addons that reduce the cooldown timer....

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/615282#Comment_615282

    If you wanna hear something a bit more scary/realistic........

    Up the MS to 100%

    Implement each blink having a cooldown of 7.5seconds (so blink 1x that blink is on cooldown, blink the 2nd x that blink is on cooldown)

    Reduce the range addons

    Remove all additional blink addons except 1 additional blink and up the rarity to very rare or ultra

    Implement addons that reduce the cooldown timer....

    Cooldown blink = Nurse is now c tier congrats.

  • im curious, a lot of nurse players i hear from say that the add ons that decrease blink accuracy don't really do anything. as a nurse main yourself, would you say thats the case? and if so, could a possible nerf just be to make lower blink accuracy more noticeable? obviously other stuff could adjusted to but i feel like that would help a little at least

  • @Mookywolf said:

    im curious, a lot of nurse players i hear from say that the add ons that decrease blink accuracy don't really do anything. as a nurse main yourself, would you say thats the case? and if so, could a possible nerf just be to make lower blink accuracy more noticeable? obviously other stuff could adjusted to but i feel like that would help a little at least

    I 100% believe accuracy as a stat of hers does not exist. This is probably the most likely thing they will be doing actually. At least I hope.

  • I really hope they do not mess up nurse too much, but she does need balancing to a more sensible level, a killer that ignores the games mechanics is just daft. Pallets should stun her when she is blinking allowing for pallet play and I don't think she should be able to blink solid objects, maybe just blink through windows. Imo she would still be plenty deadly, with amazing mobility she would play more fairly but still at a high tier probably still highest. For me it's like a gun in an FPS that doesn't need reloading ever, it would break the game and you would see very little diversety. Sound familiar?

  • The nurse issue is just a catch 22.


    We need nurse to combat skilled survivors

    We can't nerf survivors because nurse exists


    With the changes to decisive, end game etc BHVR is slowly moving DBD in the right direction

    A nurse change has to happen at some point

  • Nurse is fine how she is, it's her addons that need adjusting.

  • Well they will do something first removed omegablink or rework maybe a change on her base kit i dislike her since the realised

  • Judging by their previous "BALANCE" changes she won't be to blink through walls or pallets to balance her out.

    Oh and her addons will be alike to chilly addons for LF.


    Only thing I would expect but I know won't ever happen is to balance survivors and game lenght around new nurse as she currenlty is the only one that can achieve the win against optimal survivors.

    After the nerf I think there won't be anyone that can.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/613774#Comment_613774

    since nurse console users are so rare they might rework her so a majority of people on console can play her now instead whilst nerfing her. But that isn't very likely to happen.

    As for the actual thread I honestly don't think the changes will be that big at all unless you rely on add-ons.

    That's the point.

    They did announce "slight" change to her base toolkit. It can be anything.

  • I get down to around rank 6 when I do play killer then either get bored and don't play until the next month, or I get tired of playing super sweaty and swap to survivor and play some fun games. Getting red ranks in this game isn't hard. It's more of a time grind than a skill grind. When they launch archives/the spark pass thing I will end up hitting red ranks because I will be playing a lot more.

  • speaking out of topic, the forum must change because it doesn't resemble it. it looks like a place to cry for people who can't adapt to the game or its new conditions, I'm talking about survivors and killers, everyone ... git gud

  • Nurse players love to think Nurse is a killer that takes 46 years of practice to be good with.

  • @scorpio said:

    They should revert Plague and Ghostface. Those were ######### changes. Hopefully with Nurse they will be smart and just rework her add ons and get rid of the omega blink build. And hopefully they’ll do a PTB and actually listen to feed back, but usually their PTBs are just about bug fixes and not actually about whether the content is good or not, so who knows. This is why I rarely play this game anymore, too much BS.

    Ghostface changed were completely reasonable.

  • @BabyNurseIsa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/614954#Comment_614954

    This is why she NEEDS to stay. People don't realize how good survivors have absolutely no counterplay aside from Nurse; so if it is in fact a nerf, survivors will 100% go back to being the main power role with no counterplay at all. (Spirit will be the only hope but then again she can still be looped sometimes.)

    LMAO

  • @BabyNurseIsa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/615383#Comment_615383

    I 100% believe accuracy as a stat of hers does not exist. This is probably the most likely thing they will be doing actually. At least I hope.

    If it does exist, it's rendered meaningless by the 1.9 changes; even on a full-charge a Nurse can shorten it by aiming lower, as long as they aren't sent flying into the basement.

    One change I'd find acceptable is if the Nurse was only able to shorten a full-blink on the first blink, not chain-blinks.

1 2 ›