Why do you think battle pass is good/bad?
..
..
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Id say its good. Its only cosmetic items, so it wont unbalance the game in anyones favor by throwing extra ultrarares at someone who can swipe a credit card or something. Also, the more ways the Devs can make money off stuff like cosmetics, the better chances we get of getting free DLCs, like Huntress, nurse and bill.
I would buy it. Unless it has challenges for killers that I would not find fun; for example: hook everyone at least twice, don't hit the unhooked survivor for at least 60 seconds, get 0% hook proximity penalty.... you know, boring stuff that are beneficial to survivors
I don't really mind a battle pass but I feel like it's out of place. Other than that I'm on board with a battle pass. :P
It doen't bother me as they stated it will have no P2W aspects.
Cosmetics are a choice and dont impact the gameplay and you can earn some for free which is something you couldn't get before its a win win for those who wish to pay gaining more and for those that dont.
@RoKrueger I laughed while reading this
Theyre gonna implement IMPOSSIBLE challenges for killers, like DONT hit a survivor whos already on the hook 57 times.
DONT teabag a downed survivor for 4 minutes strait until he bleeds out
How are we expected to EVER complete these challenges?
@LordGlint LOL. Exactly ;-)
I dont care one way or the other what the implement as long as the fanbois/gurlz keep buying, so I can enjoy my Hag DLC, best 3.84 ever spent.
Buy that battle pass!
Buy those cosmetics, I needs free dedicated servers
@RoKrueger Your ridiculousness is at least something I can laugh at on here. Other ppl just give me a headache.
I've always liked the challenges that tend to come with Battlepass systems, always give me an incentive to try something new and some mini-goals to work towards so that's a big plus for me.
And when it comes to stuff like unlocking cosmetics and the like that's cool, you can get them if you want and all. I do firmly believe that battlepass cosmetics should at most be TIMED exclusives and not all-out "get them now or NEVER" though.
I personally somewhat like the idea of a battlepass, as it essentially offers an in-game reward system; a way for players to get a lot of cosmetics and rewards for what I’m assuming will be a reasonable price/ for free, BUT the downside to it would be if they make the battlepass rewards timed exclusives. I really hope that’s not the case I hate exclusives and don’t think they belong in this game.
I hate the concept of it and I hope it never arrives to DbD.. which I already know it will..
*siiiigh*
I don't like it to much because depending on the challenges that come along with it we will get a ton of farming survivors and killers :/ it works in a BR game because there are 100 players. Who knows I could be wrong though.
A good incentive to play is welcome. I just hope that you can level up the pass, buy the premium one, and instantly get all of the rewards from the previous levels. Otherwise, it'll be a pretty scummy addition that will have people waste money so they don't lose anything, and then don't play enough or something.
Like OG said, you get stuff weather you pay for it or not. And if you don't want to pay for it, its just cosmetics. No p2w features at all.
It's not about the content of the battlepass, but the predatory nature of the system.
https://youtu.be/EfSZY4dAdQU https://youtu.be/cEUoQRTeEckI don't really care at this point, I'll take a look at the cosmetics in it when it releases and if I like them then I'll go ahead and get it, if I dont like em, then I wont buy, it's simple
I like the idea but if yoy pay for the battle pass, I don't like the fact that you can still miss out on cosmetics, meaning you spent your money for nothing.
Personally I don't like them, since usually they subtly force you to adopt a pace that's not yours, with the risk of missing something you liked because you couldn't keep up or getting everything and getting burned out. It's kinda like being constantly in a special timed event and I feel most battlepasses are aimed to kids with tons of spare time.
This forced change of pace makes a game less enjoyable for me, and I already dropped a couple games because of this. What I love about DbD is that I can play it at my own pace, so I hope if DbD will go that way they won't do the same as other games and actually think about everyone.
depends , what does it do? someone fill me in pls