Get rid of struggle

When on last hook mashing a button is annoying and painful if you have carpal tunnel and also getting rid of it would stop people from purposely killing themselves

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @TheGorgon said:

    Definitely change it to being automatic. Obviously someone can just make it into a macro, but do we really need to do that? I agree tunnel really bothers my hand sometimes, and transitioning to PC soon, I have to say, I'm not looking forward to it.

    Another question though, PC players: Do you press W and shift at the same time to walk straight? I can't seem to press W and not feel the urge and press shift. Has this ever happened to you? I know it's silly to ask, but I want to know. :D

    Shift and W as killer? Yeah always, it's a habit of playing survivor lol, in my deep mind Im thinking I walk faster holding shift as killer, I'm a 4head

  • @ceridwen309 said:

    I'm not personally fond of the struggle mechanic. I can envision a possible new one though.

    Picture you are on the hook, and a circle is in front of you. On this circle, there are 4 smaller circles in the North, south, east, and west positions. Every so many seconds or so, (we'll say 7 for ease of example).....one of the smaller circles flashes in some way and you have to point your left analog stick/WASD keys in that direction.

    If successful, you stave off one of the entities "claws" and can continue to live.

    This prevents repetitive button mashing and continues to make sure you have to pay attention and not run to the fridge for a drink or something.

    Just one of the many ideas I have, let me know what you think. (hopefully no one else has thought this one up yet.)

    I personally would just prefer an automatic button smashing like I currently have with my macro script, but just ingame so I can also alt+tab out quickly. I can see where u coming from, but I personally wouldn't like that. Maybe it's a habit, but I like to just relax on the hook and do nothing except waiting to get unhooked because at the end of the day it's only that what really matter: getting unhooked. And myself buying time for my mates.

    Also wiggling needs to go aswell. The mechanics are outdated imo. They already were outdated on release let's be honest. It's like playing a shooter game with a Wii controller (no hate towards Nintendo fans), it's just clunky and not best.

    Since you are a mod, can you please make this a topic to the devs and give us a report what they think about that? Would appreciate that a lot

  • Many people have taken to asking for this to be an automatic phase. This kinda takes the 'struggle' out of struggle.


    @ceridwen309 @MyNamePete @Dreamnomad @edgarpoop and @Kaelum mind putting your thoughts into that thread. It is a suggestion other than removing it entirely.

  • @ceridwen309 said:

    I'm not personally fond of the struggle mechanic. I can envision a possible new one though.

    Picture you are on the hook, and a circle is in front of you. On this circle, there are 4 smaller circles in the North, south, east, and west positions. Every so many seconds or so, (we'll say 7 for ease of example).....one of the smaller circles flashes in some way and you have to point your left analog stick/WASD keys in that direction.

    If successful, you stave off one of the entities "claws" and can continue to live.

    This prevents repetitive button mashing and continues to make sure you have to pay attention and not run to the fridge for a drink or something.

    Just one of the many ideas I have, let me know what you think. (hopefully no one else has thought this one up yet.)

    That would definitely be preferable to what we have now, but any QTE in a repetitive game like this is bound to grow stale. I'd be ok with making it optional for 500 BP or something.

  • For my fellow Console Players:

    Just roll your stick in a circle. It still struggles for you, and saves your joystick/thumb.

    Edit: Typo

  • The worst thing about struggling is how it is programmed: If there is a lag while you're struggling, you will die even though you kept smashing the button. The devs should really step away from that polling mechanic. It's so frustrating.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    I have went through many controllers and Keyboards because of this game make it stop please.

    If the Devs listen to our pleas can you guys at least acknowledge how flawed of a mechanic this is? And work towards removing it or changing how it works? On console its deadly fingers slip for 1 second and that's it your dead.

  • It's not good game design

  • @MySpaceBarsBroken is this how your space bar broke?

  • @Thaznar once again, what about controller players?

  • @DaS_only said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/582044#Comment_582044

    Shift and W as killer? Yeah always, it's a habit of playing survivor lol, in my deep mind Im thinking I walk faster holding shift as killer, I'm a 4head

    I was half asleep haha!!! I meant shift W and A D to walk straight. It feels honestly so weird to just press both and have your fingers hovering over A D. Has this ever happened to anyone.

  • No, leave it like it is now. I want survivors to suffer. If you don't like it, just accept The Entity's warm embrace

  • +1 on getting rid of button mashing. Honestly it doesn't add anything to the game and sometimes lag can kill you unintentionally.

    Also people killing themselves on hooks hurts the team and shouldn't be allowed. If they want to die they can go to stage 3 or be saved then rehooked. Killing yourself too quickly hurts your team members too much by saving time for the Killer.

    It needs to go!

  • @ygnea said:

    Just use a macro.

    And take the risk of getting banned? Lmao

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/582479#Comment_582479

    Sadly controller players have to ndure this ordeal. They need to remove this ######### struggle mechanic because it serves no purpose just to annoy players.

    @Thaznar can you put your opinions on this on that thread: Better mechanic than the current one.

    Many people have taken to asking for this to be an automatic phase. This kinda takes the 'struggle' out of struggle.


  • Gotta succeed Skill Checks to stay alive.

    Then change the animation from "holding an Entity leg back" to "barely dodging Entity leg stabs" each successful Skill Check.

    Failing one means death.

  • @Boss said:

    Gotta succeed Skill Checks to stay alive.

    Then change the animation from "holding an Entity leg back" to "barely dodging Entity leg stabs" each successful Skill Check.

    Failing one means death.

    @Boss I have been looking at trying to see what people thought of this mechanic:

    Many people have taken to asking for this to be an automatic phase. This kinda takes the 'struggle' out of struggle.


1 2 ›