Bodyblocking Hooks

Do you consider body blocking hooks to be toixc?


I, for one do. My first issue with it is that it completely ruins the immersion of the game. How am I supposed to feel powerful when a survivor can just stand in one spot and completely screw me over? It's not likely that I can beat ready survivors in a chase to the hook, and If the closest hook is far away, there's no hope for me. This is especially frustrating if I just barely managed to down someone at the exit gates. If they break free, they're gone and pressure is high.


And since toxicity reports are reserved only for when people are verbally harassing other players, there should be some sort of in game solution. I think that survivors within a certain range of hooks should have no collision, similar to how Freddy (used to) walk straight through survivors that weren't put to sleep.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • The difference between survivors body blocking killer and the killer body blocking survivors is purely that the killer can do things about being body blocked but when it's the other way around there is no counter play.

  • PSA: When one of their teammates is getting camped, the other survivors have a very simple counter they more often than not refuse to utilize: focusing on the remaing generators. This counter produces a 75% win-rate for them, which in any normal game would be considered insanely overpowered and in need of a sledgehammer-nerf.

  • Survivors always piss their pants when the Killer drops the Survivors back onto the ground and attacks the body blocking Survivors, most Survivors don't body block anyway, I don't mind it, free hits and downs, they're not too smart.

  • Survivor users always complain about killers, and killer users always complain about survivors.

    Both sides have their things that are part of the game and should not be punished:

    Survivors have body blocking, flashlights, looping and a couple of annoying perks.

    Killers have camping, tunneling, more powerful perks, more powerful add-ons

    And one side is always complaining that the other side in more toxic or has more advantages, the thrut is both sides have pros and cons, just learn to deal with them.

  • It makes my blood boil sometimes but even I do it to save people. It is not toxic but can seem dissrespecting to a killer. I think the problem lies in game design.

  • @Mandy said:

    If Survivors are body blocking a hook for a team mate, that's good news for a killer! It means you've got survivors off gens and can get free hits in on the other survivors. If you know you are not going to then make the hook drop the survivor, you've then got someone slugged and other people injured - the pressure that you've then exerted on the game is immense.

    It is completely non "toxic" for survivors to do this, they have protection scoring events for this as well as a perk designed for this. Killers also have their own perks designed to help with this situation, Agitation, Iron Grasp & Mad Grit - so you definitely have counterplays to it.

    I'd be a lot more willing to drop survivors if it didnt automatically free them after they've wiggled a lot.

  • No, I don't consider bodyblocking to be toxic. I like free hits.

  • @DraconDirnc said:

    I just body lock back. Catch them in a corner with plague and vomit till broken downed. Seems balanced to me.

    Or one shot chainsawed - get body blocked all the time by Billy and LF. Wraith evens gets into the action by running ahead and blocking pallets or vaults.

  • And what, the killer's facecamp hinders the rest of the survivors to go and start the generators quietly?


    @Mandy said:

    The difference between survivors body blocking killer and the killer body blocking survivors is purely that the killer can do things about being body blocked but when it's the other way around there is no counter play.



  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/572993#Comment_572993

    Trust me, Ive tried smacking them. A lot of the time they're fully healthy and the survivor im trying to hook is nearly free though.

    I've had 3 people body block me omw to a hook. Ended with 3 downs and one Injured running.

    Just hit them. Do t play the "can I make it should I hit them" #########, just hit them. They're not on gens, meaning its FREE hooks and injuries. You can EASILY down one person before the wiggle happens. One for one means two arent on gens and are injured.


  • @BalanceNeeded said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/573005#Comment_573005

    Is being able to save your friends "unbalanced"? So annoyed with people seemingly acting like playing survivor is a walk in the park.

    That's what unhooking is for. You're saying you should be able to physically bully a 7-foot serial killer 1v1 in a horror game.

  • They’re just trying to save someone

  • Can't really say that it is toxic.

    It may be associated with toxic activities, but that does not make it inherently toxic, they just want to save a teammate, which is part of their objectives, and if they can avoid a hook and take some hits instead, why not?

  • I am really wondering how long do you need to get to a hook. I personally love hookblocking survivor, because they are now injured or another one is down. As a killer you nearly always get a win-win situation.

    Smack one and their collision is gone, so no need to fear. And if all survivors are their then take the free hits, they are all injured and no one is doing the objective.

    So, no problem here. Just calm down.

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    I am really wondering how long do you need to get to a hook. I personally love hookblocking survivor, because they are now injured or another one is down. As a killer you nearly always get a win-win situation.

    Smack one and their collision is gone, so no need to fear. And if all survivors are their then take the free hits, they are all injured and no one is doing the objective.

    So, no problem here. Just calm down.

    If the survivor is really good at wiggling you have 10 seconds as killer.

1 2 ›