Saboteur Rework Idea

Saboteur

 - Unlocks the ability to sabotage without a Toolbox at 50 % the normal Sabotage speed.

 - You have 1 / 2 / 3 Tokens.

 - After fully sabotaging a Hook / Traps, that Hook / Trap will remain unbroken until Killer will reach 10m range radius within that Hook / Trap.

 - When Killer reach that radius, Hook / Trap will immediately destroy itself.

 - 1 Token is consumed when Hook / Trap is sabotaged by this perk.

Comments

  • Good god, I don't want to see sabotage become any more commonplace. I can only see it ending in more slugging games

  • @ClogWench said:

    Good god, I don't want to see sabotage become any more commonplace. I can only see it ending in more slugging games

    Hangman's Trick: "Am I a joke to you?"

  • @Hangmans Trick yeah you kinda are lol

  • Hook-sabo-saves without having to be near the hook! Evading the hook/trap regeneration timer!

    This is, mildly put, not a good idea.

  • So what happens after using all 3 tokens? Does the perk become useless without a tool box to finish a sabo?

  • @Oblitiry said:

    So what happens after using all 3 tokens? Does the perk become useless without a tool box to finish a sabo?

    You can still sabo hooks but it will no longer have that effect. You can use it max. 3 times.

  • Sabo is that weird perk that can be either really op or up there's no inbetween

  • No man, Sabo is a nurse-tier perk (or whatever the survivor equivalent for nurse is), hard to master and is a bith to learn, but if you take time and learn when and when not to use it, you can force drops without a pallet or flashlight just by outwaiting the wriggle timer by dropping hooks. Add to that if you can sabo a lot of hooks to 99% (trapper setup style) you can almost deny every hook a killer can do.

  • This sounds good on paper, in practice this WILL end with a slug meta.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    No man, Sabo is a nurse-tier perk (or whatever the survivor equivalent for nurse is), hard to master and is a bith to learn, but if you take time and learn when and when not to use it, you can force drops without a pallet or flashlight just by outwaiting the wriggle timer by dropping hooks. Add to that if you can sabo a lot of hooks to 99% (trapper setup style) you can almost deny every hook a killer can do.

    A "nurse-tier perk" couldn't be countered by slugging, an already very effective killer strategy without completely countering a game mechanic and perk.

  • I can both see where you're going, but also completely disagree with your idea.

    Although I like the concept of the killer only finding out that the hook has been sabotaged within the who knows how long, I don't think it would bring a positive effect to high rank games.

    Loads of people don't enjoy slugging. We''l l start seeing builds of Knock out or Hex: The third seal, Nurses calling, Deerstalker and Sloppy butcher.

    I agree that a rework is needed to make this perk better, but I don't think this is the right way to go.

  • I don't want the sabo-meta to come back..

  • and lose 1 perk slot.

    killers have 4 slots against 16 that survivors have. so it`s better and easier to slug .

  • I like the concept this seems to be a little bit much of a push.

    if people start running Saboteur more frequently you're going to find a lot of Killers are just going to slug because they don't know whether the hooks going to break or not.

    At least if see a Sabo Jake running up to a hook I can at least that it might get destroyed and try in a different direction or worst case scenario just drop the survivor and chase Jake instead.

    Basically you're gaining a lot of benefits with very little risk for your tokens that is going to make it a very highly used perk

  • There is nothing more frustrating as killer than to see a hook collapse right before you hook the survivor and losing them. Your idea would make playing against toxic SWF a total nightmare.