Allow killers to break pallets 20% faster when not in a chase?

Comments

  • Well no. First its too high, even better than brutal strenght, second, it could synergies too well with invisible wraith, since he cant be in a chase while in this form, third, it seems me just a random and nonsense change.

  • @YaiPa said:

    Well no. First its too high, even better than brutal strenght, second, it could synergies too well with invisible wraith, since he cant be in a chase while in this form, third, it seems me just a random and nonsense change.

    Well,

    First, Brutal Strength is 20%.

    Second, Wraith wouldn't even be s tier with this change anyway.

    Third,killers waste too much time breaking down pallets even when not in a chase .

  • It wouldn't be good for balance, if this is an issue, run brutal strength.

  • If killers really aren't in a chase, I don't think this change would be relevant.

    I see the problem with those situations when there actually IS a chase, but it doesn't get recognized as a chase, for example cloaked Wraith.

  • Cloaked Wraith with the shadow dance add-ons and Brutal Strength would basically be able to delete pallets.

  • I don't really see a good reason for it.

    I'm a Wraith main, i'd be ######### down for it, but adding it just cause? Ehhhhhh...

  • Moonwalking...

  • @Orion said:

    Moonwalking...

    Lmao are you serious?

    That's not gonna work at all.

  • Just doesn't seem necessary at all to me.

  • I wouldn't put it past exploiters to find some way to benefit from it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/543412#Comment_543412

    I wouldn't put it past exploiters to find some way to benefit from it.

    It takes 5 seconds for a chase to be ended once LoS is broken or enough distance is made.

    Moonwalking until you break the chase just to get a faster pallet break? That's not gonna work against Survivors that attempt to change locations after breaking LoS, such as myself.

    Best way to avoid mindgames is simply to leave the area if the Killer starts doing funny #########

  • I just want a 20% fast gen break. I'll teach those chase tappers who's the fastest whacker in all the land. Gen whacker.

  • I swear people forget that legion got fixed because of ######### like technically not being in chase. this would be easily abused by zoning a survivor at a pallet, looking away and immediately breaking when out of chase


  • @artist said:

    I swear people forget that legion got fixed because of ######### like technically not being in chase. this would be easily abused by zoning a survivor at a pallet, looking away and immediately breaking when out of chase

    Again, I don't think is is really gonna work.

    Legion's case is different because you are still actively chasing the Survivor due to being able to follow their blood by just looking down, and since they are on a timer, there is literally nothing they can do.

    For pallet breaks? I mean, the moment I see the Killer turn around for any reason, I'm changing locations asap. In the 5 seconds it takes for him to break the chase, I'll already be to the next pallet. He's not chasing me at that point, he's just wasting time to break the pallet, when it would be faster just to break it as soon as he sees it. Why waste an additional 5 seconds just to get a 20% boost?

    This would pretty much be impossible to abuse, unless the Killer just moonwalked the entire chase. Sure he can just follow your scratch marks, but that would easily be countered by Dance With Me + Lithe, and now he has no idea which way you went.

  • @artist said:

    I swear people forget that legion got fixed because of ######### like technically not being in chase. this would be easily abused by zoning a survivor at a pallet, looking away and immediately breaking when out of chase

    It cant work against survivors that have an average IQ.

  • Giving 20% faster to break a pallet in a chanse wont happend the only changes that i think to make the game better its

    1.-make the regression a bit faster without pop goes the wisle without it its just useless

    2.- while the killer kicked the gen to regress it survivor wont tap it until 5-10s they can this makes survivors to stop using the tap tactic on gens to stop regress the gen

    3.- and the last 1 its spawn the pallets not too close to each other meanwhile when you hit a survivor or breaking a pallet this survivor will just go to the other pallet near by and that like 8m or 7m and that just soo bad

  • @artist said:

    I swear people forget that legion got fixed because of ######### like technically not being in chase. this would be easily abused by zoning a survivor at a pallet, looking away and immediately breaking when out of chase

    Well, just run early away then?

  • There is a Perk for that. If you dont want to run it - fine.

  • apparently people don't understand what it means to zone a survivor. you could be in the corner of the map with a single pallet to work with, at a structure you or the killer can't see over. you won't be able to get past the killer without taking a hit or having him break the pallet first. it has the possibility of being exploited, and that should be reason enough for it not to be added.

  • another point is:what if killer would abuse the chase mechanic? and they run brutal strenght + fire up? I dont think so Sir

    i like the idea because while youre not in a chase it doesnt matter if you destroy pallets faster, but it would be nice to safe some time doing so via a build in BS ^^ Thats more like a QoL change maybe