Does anyone ever actually sabotage a Trappers traps?

I never even knew saboing beartraps was a thing until I read the description on the "Saboteur" perk. I have never seen a trap be sabotaged during my playtime or while watching anyone else play.

Comments

  • Yes. You must be very new if that's the case.

  • @Orion said:

    Yes. You must be very new if that's the case.

    Nope not new at all, have only ever seen people just snap them. Never seen anyone actually sabo one.

  • @Vlieger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522215#Comment_522215

    Nope not new at all, have only ever seen people just snap them. Never seen anyone actually sabo one.

    Define "not new at all". The game has been out for a total of three years, and sabotage was all the rage when it came out due to the fact that neither hooks nor traps regenerated.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522216#Comment_522216

    Define "not new at all". The game has been out for a total of three years, and sabotage was all the rage when it came out due to the fact that neither hooks nor traps regenerated.

    Traps still don't regenerate don't they? not like i see trappers enough in red ranks to verify that though..

  • @Orion

    I started playing after regeneration was implemented so was not around for that time I guess.

  • @Orion I've been playing ever since dbd was released on console (first week of release) and I have never seen a survivor sabo one of my traps.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522218#Comment_522218

    Traps still don't regenerate don't they? not like i see trappers enough in red ranks to verify that though..

    They do, after 3 minutes, just like hooks.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    @Orion I've been playing ever since dbd was released on console (first week of release) and I have never seen a survivor sabo one of my traps.

    @Vlieger said:

    @Orion

    I started playing after regeneration was implemented so was not around for that time I guess.

    I wish I'd had your luck when I started playing killer. Now I don't even bother playing Trapper because of SWF.

  • When traps didn't respawn, it was more common.

    When hooks didn't respawn, it happened in almost every game.

    Now it's very rare because you are wasting your time to remove one bear trap for 3 minutes when you could just as easily disarm it and move on.

  • 3 minutes is still a long time, combine that with saboteur and it takes 210 seconds. My only problem is that it should help get an emblem, right now it does nothing when trying to pip.

  • @Redd said:

    When traps didn't respawn, it was more common.

    When hooks didn't respawn, it happened in almost every game.

    Now it's very rare because you are wasting your time to remove one bear trap for 3 minutes when you could just as easily disarm it and move on.

    Yeah, makes sense. Kinda the reason why I asked. Since I have never seen anyone do it, I wanted to know if anyone actually does. xD

  • @Vlieger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522231#Comment_522231

    Yeah, makes sense. Kinda the reason why I asked. Since I have never seen anyone do it, I wanted to know if anyone actually does. xD

    The real problem is that even when they didn't respawn, it's more effective more often to use toolboxes on generators then bear traps; and Saboteur has not been the meta in years.

  • @Redd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522236#Comment_522236

    The real problem is that even when they didn't respawn, it's more effective more often to use toolboxes on generators then bear traps; and Saboteur has not been the meta in years.

    Saboteur was never about efficiency, it was about denying hooks and points, and making the killer's trial as miserable as possible.

  • I don't believe people sabbo traps anymore since it's temporary now. Before they changed traps to reappear like hooks, it was a nightmare to play trapper if anyone got a hold of a toolbox or had the sabbo perk.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522245#Comment_522245

    Saboteur was never about efficiency, it was about denying hooks and points, and making the killer's trial as miserable as possible.

    Speaking as someone who sabbos occasionally, it's also to get a lot of points while trying to depip or if somewhat weak in chase and to give the survivor (who is often bored of the norm) something additional to do. It really isn't to make the killer's trial miserable, though. Most of the time if you're sabboing, you're wasting time for a chance to maybe save someone. That time is valuable for survivors, too, not just killers. It's less about making killers miserable and more about the "told you so" moment 'cause nearly every teammate would mock you for sabboing (rightfully so, it wastes time) and for the rush of saving someone.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522253#Comment_522253

    Speaking as someone who sabbos occasionally, it's also to get a lot of points while trying to depip or if somewhat weak in chase and to give the survivor (who is often bored of the norm) something additional to do. It really isn't to make the killer's trial miserable, though. Most of the time if you're sabboing, you're wasting time for a chance to maybe save someone. That time is valuable for survivors, too, not just killers. It's less about making killers miserable and more about the "told you so" moment 'cause nearly every teammate would mock you for sabboing (rightfully so, it wastes time) and for the rush of saving someone.

    I was referring to when neither hooks nor traps regenerated.

  • I used to sabo traps that the killer kept resetting at dirty places near loops (windows/pallets etc), don't really bother much now unless a trap really bothers me. 3 minutes is still a lot of time considering the length of some matches.

  • All the time. If i have a toolbox going against the Trapper, i will disarm that thing and break it. I one time broke 4 traps all at once since they were in a small area.

  • It was meta before the 1.5.0 comes out. Sabotaging traps was ez back then.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    It was meta before the 1.5.0 comes out. Sabotaging traps was ez back then.

    Good to know the history of the game, but I was more inquiring as to if anyone currently does it. Still give you an upvote for solid info tho. <3

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522274#Comment_522274

    I was referring to when neither hooks nor traps regenerated.

    Oh, okay. I was gonna say, I don't think I've ever played sabbo with the intent to ruin the killer's game.

  • I never even knew saboing beartraps was a thing until I read the description on the "Saboteur" perk.

    I do if I have some charges left on a tool box and see one. I hate trapper that much.

  • I had my traps disable before traps were able to respawn. It was also when I first play this game on console

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    the only time i see trapper's traps getting sabotaged is when the trapper is running that ultra rare add-on that resets the trap every 30 secs. the ones near infinities&exit gates are usually the ones that get sabotaged

    Definitely seems like it would be useful in that scenario since it would be disabled for longer. With how few Trappers I see in red ranks the likelihood of going against a Trapper with a specific addon is pretty low though, but will keep this in mind for the future.

  • I used to, but why waste my toolbox on a trap I can avoid when I can use it on my precious gens? Lol at least that's my thought process

  • Most people don't sabo them, I've only seen maybe one or two people sabotaging traps at R10-R1 in the last six or so months. I play a lot of DBD too. It's more common to leave them there, and disarm them immediately after you're done repairing a generator (if there's one next to a generator), or disarming the ones at the pallets to prevent a short chase from occurring.

    Sabotaging though? It's a rarity on its own.

  • @Vlieger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522293#Comment_522293

    Good to know the history of the game, but I was more inquiring as to if anyone currently does it. Still give you an upvote for solid info tho. <3

    Well I didn't saw anyone sabotaging the trappers traps now.

  • Honestly, I'd rather they just removed the ability to sabotage Bear Traps. It feels like an outdated design choice with regards to the direction the game went in.

  • @TAG said:

    Honestly, I'd rather they just removed the ability to sabotage Bear Traps. It feels like an outdated design choice with regards to the direction the game went in.

    From what I am reading in responses I don't think it'd change much if they did remove it at this point. lol

  • @Vlieger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522368#Comment_522368

    From what I am reading in responses I don't think it'd change much if they did remove it at this point. lol

    That's because it doesn't happen often. But when it does happen, it can very much screw the Trapper over. It's a similar problem I have with flashlights screwing over Hag traps and Adrenaline screwing over current Freddy. All these hard counters built into Survivor perks and items have got to go IMO.

  • I never even knew saboing beartraps was a thing until I read the description on the "Saboteur" perk.

    I hardly ever sabotage bear traps because they aren't really worth the time in my opinion. However, it would be worth it for SWF groups because they can coordinate everything.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/522385#Comment_522385

    That's because it doesn't happen often. But when it does happen, it can very much screw the Trapper over. It's a similar problem I have with flashlights screwing over Hag traps and Adrenaline screwing over current Freddy. All these hard counters built into Survivor perks and items have got to go IMO.

    Yeah I could see a Trapper having a REALLY bad day if there was a coordinated sabo team.

    The Hag trap being broken by a flashlight doesn't bother me as much since she can set another rather than that trap becoming unusable for a certain amount of time, but still wouldn't mind a change to that too.