Do you agree that both sides are equally toxic?

From what I have seen playing killer and survivor for a year, both sides can be toxic. And there are no excuses for this behaviour. If someone was toxic towards you please don't become one of them. There is no excuse for being toxic.

That is all.

Comments

  • This thread kinda proves your point.

  • @GrootDude said:

    This thread kinda proves your point.

    Yep.

  • @LordGlint said:

    @TreemanXD how ya figure?

    Read all the comments

  • Because people are trying to defend toxic behaviour. Toxic is toxic.

    Comparing two toxic things doesn't make one non toxic.

  • @Judith said:

    Because people are trying to defend toxic behaviour. Toxic is toxic.

    Comparing two things doesn't make one non toxic.

    You literally asked for a comparison between the two sides in the title of the topic.

    If you just asked, "can both sides be toxic?" Yes, that can be the case, I admitted that. But you asked if both sides are the same. They. Are. Not.

  • @Judith said:

    Because people are trying to defend toxic behaviour. Toxic is toxic.

    Comparing two things doesn't make one non toxic.

    So you're in agreement with giving the death penalty to jaywalkers? After all, the law is the law, and degrees of severity don't matter.

    PS: Nobody's defending toxic behavior, people are just pointing out the difference in severity.

  • Whatever helps you sleep at night. Being toxic with a victim mentality is even worse than just being toxic. There you go, my comparison of "severity".

  • I'm going to go on a limb here, and say that this game has way more toxic Survivors than Killers. Yes, both exist for both sides. But for who has the most? Definitely Survivors.

    Most post-game chats with a SWF will usually have one or two prodding the Killer if they won. Of course if they lost, they'd say nothing cause they either left or... You get the idea.

    But even out of a SWF, you'll still come across that one guy who BMs in game (Not like I care for t-bags anyways) or talks crap in chat.

  • @TreemanXD I don't see how. The most I could argue is @Tzeentchling9 and that's me stretching for a proving point. (No, I'm not saying he is toxic or said something toxic).

    Everyone else is pretty much saying they disagree and in a civil manner, they explain why.

    This thread proves nothing @Judith

  • Well, I get more toxicity from survivors.

    Survivors not only are toxic to the killer, but also to their teammates.

    If I play solo most killers are neutral to friendly.

  • @Shad03 said:

    @TreemanXD I don't see how. The most I could argue is @Tzeentchling9 and that's me stretching for a proving point. (No, I'm not saying he is toxic or said something toxic).

    Everyone else is pretty much saying they disagree and in a civil manner, they explain why.

    This thread proves nothing @Judith

    Mhm very civil.

  • @Judith Name one or more people who insulted you or acted toxic themselves. Quote it and I'll retract my statement on the subject of being civil.

  • No I am done here. And I'll be sure not to even engage in conversation with some people from this thread anymore.

  • @Judith How awfully convenient.

    I have no ill will towards you, especially since we have spoken before. I will say this, that attitude will not get you far. If you want to ignore this, fine, but it wouldn't look well when people want to talk with you. Have a good day.

  • @Shad03 STOP BEING SO TOXIC!!! lol, jk

  • @LordGlint Pfft. That made me chuckle. But seriously, if I wanted to be toxic, people would see it. As it is now I don't really feel anything at the moment so it's hard for me to express myself better.

  • @Orion said:

    No, I do not agree with this false statement. Anyone who plays the game on both sides knows survivors are disproportionately more toxic than killers. They're usually the instigators of toxicity and are usually more abusive than killers.

    EDIT: Just because both sides can be toxic doesn't make them equal. Jaywalking and armed robbery are both against the law, but I think we can all agree the latter is far worse.

    @Mochan said:

    Both are just as toxic. Some people swear survivors are more toxic but this isn't true at all.

    I've been in many matches where the killer hols the then swings at your body over and over (something which the devs even considered removing from the game because it is toxic) while. None of the survivors did anything toxic, except maybe DC.

    People claiming one side is lore toxic than the other is just a one-side main with a bone to pick and a narrative to push.

    @Shad03

  • @Shad03 nah, i was jk. People throw that word around for EVERYTHING. Like someone said earlier, hit someone on the hook? TOXIC. Threaten to murder someones whole family? TOXIC

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/520580#Comment_520580

    Survivor main eh? Just curious on how a killer swinging at an already hooked survivor is toxic. It’s really a handicap, the cool down from his/her swing buys another enough time to unhook you safely. If a killer is doing this, they’re just saying “I stink at chasing survivors, please ######### on this 1 hook so I don’t have to chase you again. Nothing personal, I’ll do it to the next guy also unless they all escape first”

    I wouldn’t worry bout that stuff lol

    @Shad03

  • ahh, each side has their own people that can be toxic as hell. though it isn't too apparent in killers, it's still there regardless.

    i wouldn't say they're too equal, but i have seen survivors taking more of the backlash for being toxic because they're in a group rather than being one sole person.

  • @TreemanXD Highly stretching it, but sure let's see.

    Orion said he disagreed, and then proceeded to explain why. He didn't insult people, he gave a explanation of why he thought his opinion was correct.

    And as much as I might not agree with Mochan in a lot of the threads I DO interact with them in, their words hold a lot of ground. Their opinion is just as valid since they also gave an example of their side without being insulting.

  • I don't see the Killer side as much, I am a Killer main and it is a super sociopath thing for me, don't really get bothered by the Survivors who t-bag and flashlight, those ones I end up killing anyway, come on, if you're gonna try to make the Killer have a bad time, learn how to play.


    Survivor side, I play SWF only, like how everyone plays it, as friends. Not to gain a competitive advantage. I'll have a few Killers I piss off because I run them around and all. Some that will target me, big deal, I'll just move to the next game, I will deal with teammates who will sandbag and all. Potato teammates, blah blah blah.


    I see more Survivors over all that will run all 2nd chance perks, and tell me what to do and not to do, try to impose these rules and claim I tunnel even though I saw them out in the open from FAR away, just get over the anger, not worth it.

  • @TreemanXD Kind of a stretch, while the condescending nature of his writing is a bit much, he still wasn't too insulting.

    @LordGlint To be fair, it becomes personal when you threaten another person's family. THAT is toxic and should be reported.

  • From my personal experience Survivors tend to be much more toxic than killers, The chance of running into a toxic killer are there but the chances of running into toxic survivor(s) is much higher from what I can tell.

    Looking at the postgame chat alone, i've seen killers get ######### for doing too well and for not doing well enough. I feel bad because it's a loose loose situation with those kinds of players and they always try to bring the killer down after the game no matter the outcome.

  • See? You guys turn every thread into killer vs survivor. Even one I made for people to make peace with each other and aknowledge there is no "evil" side.

    Why should I talk to you?

  • @Shad03 “people claiming one side is lore toxic than the other is just a one-side main with a bone to pick and a narrative to push’

    “Anyone who plays both sides knows that survivors are disproportionately more toxic”

    that isn’t exactly civil.

  • @Shad03 for sure. Unfortunately my sarcastic tone doesnt carry through text too well.

  • @Judith To talk to people is up to you, but to claim to, and I quote:

    @Judith said:

    No I am done here. And I'll be sure not to even engage in conversation with some people from this thread anymore.

    Is pretty 'toxic' when some people weren't even being that insulting.

    Anyways, that's the nature of the forums, as well as the op. People disagreed with you, but I guess you can't handle that. I don't want to be condescending, nor do I want to insult you. But you DID make this thread and it's liable to get a killer vs. survivor argument especially considering people are the forums are more likely to be killer main adjacent.

  • @Judith The thread title was a question about 2 sides

    DO YOU AGREE THAT BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY TOXIC?

    People answering your question with "No", listing which they consider MORESO and why goes along with the thread

  • So it is toxic not talking to people I see as toxic.

    Ok...

  • and this is an example of overusing the term "Toxic"

  • @Judith said:

    See? You guys turn every thread into killer vs survivor. Even one I made for people to make peace with each other and aknowledge there is no "evil" side.

    Why should I talk to you?

    @Judith Again. YOUR title of YOUR thread calls for a comparison between the two sides.

    Yes, killers CAN be toxic. I've been hit a bunch on the hook. I've been puked on as a slug for 4 minutes. I've been slugged and picked up at the last second several times.

    Is that "EQUALLY TOXIC" to what Survivors throw at me? NO.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Shad03 “people claiming one side is lore toxic than the other is just a one-side main with a bone to pick and a narrative to push’

    “Anyone who plays both sides knows that survivors are disproportionately more toxic”

    that isn’t exactly civil.

    @TreemanXD

    Mochan made a valid point in that the other side wants to push their narrative. I've seen you say the same thing, just in a different way. If I ever get the chance or patience I'll go looking.

    Orion also makes a valid point. I've noticed a bit of survivor deaths happen because other survivors are toxic, or that survivors are toxic to other survivors in messages and such. This isn't me playing both sides, this is me giving reasons to saying why no one (with the exception of one and that was a stretch) was toxic here.

  • @Shad03 said:

    @Judith To talk to people is up to you, but to claim to, and I quote:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521145#Comment_521145

    Is pretty 'toxic' when some people weren't even being that insulting.

    Anyways, that's the nature of the forums, as well as the op. People disagreed with you, but I guess you can't handle that. I don't want to be condescending, nor do I want to insult you. But you DID make this thread and it's liable to get a killer vs. survivor argument especially considering people are the forums are more likely to be killer main adjacent.

    I pointed out the people who were insulting, it isn’t a good thing that stuff like that starts, why should our community stay so divided?

  • @Shad03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521186#Comment_521186

    @TreemanXD

    Mochan made a valid point in that the other side wants to push their narrative. I've seen you say the same thing, just in a different way. If I ever get the chance or patience I'll go looking.

    Orion also makes a valid point. I've noticed a bit of survivor deaths happen because other survivors are toxic, or that survivors are toxic to other survivors in messages and such. This isn't me playing both sides, this is me giving reasons to saying why no one (with the exception of one and that was a stretch) was toxic here.

    Just because I’ve said it before doesn’t mean I agree with it now.

  • @Judith said:

    So it is toxic not talking to people I see as toxic.

    Ok...

    Okay let me be fair, it's more or less just petty then.

    Even then, we've spoken on several threads and for the most part have been on friendly terms. Are you just going to ignore me now cause I disagreed with you? My point is, don't hold a grudge from a single thread onto others. I'm not telling you what to do (people rarely listen to my advice anyways), but I am suggesting you calm down and take a moment to read and think.

  • People who think playing a role in a video game makes someone more or less toxic are just biased.

    The only reason you get more hate chat from survivors is because it is 4vs1 game. Playing killer doesn't make someone less toxic as a person. They show it during the game where they can have power. After the game they lose that power.


    The problem with you guys is your way of thinking. If you think someone is nicer because they play one side or the other you are naive. People are equally toxic.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521054#Comment_521054

    Players can send messages to each other on console, didn't you know?

    You can set privacy so that non friends can't send you messages.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521058#Comment_521058

    You can set privacy so that non friends can't send you messages.

    Not the point of the thread. You can also just not play if you want to avoid all toxicity, but that's also not the point of this thread.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521199#Comment_521199

    I pointed out the people who were insulting, it isn’t a good thing that stuff like that starts, why should our community stay so divided?

    I don't want our community to be divided, but that will not ever change @TreemanXD. We're humans, we're stupid. However, the people you pointed out weren't insulting. They gave their sides, and examples. They didn't call anyone stupid, they didn't say anything threatening. They gave their peace. And the third guy you mentioned was just condescending, but his opinion was as valid as the rest.

    @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521211#Comment_521211

    Just because I’ve said it before doesn’t mean I agree with it now.

    That's fine, just be aware you have said it before.

  • @Judith said:

    People who think playing a role in a video game makes someone more or less toxic are just biased.

    The only reason you get more hate chat from survivors is because it is 4vs1 game. Playing killer doesn't make someone less toxic as a person. They show it during the game where they can have power. After the game they lose that power.

    The problem with you guys is your way of thinking. If you think someone is nicer because they play one side or the other you are naive. People are equally toxic.

    Just in case people don't see it.

  • @Shad03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521214#Comment_521214

    I don't want our community to be divided, but that will not ever change @TreemanXD. We're humans, we're stupid. However, the people you pointed out weren't insulting. They gave their sides, and examples. They didn't call anyone stupid, they didn't say anything threatening. They gave their peace. And the third guy you mentioned was just condescending, but his opinion was as valid as the rest.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521216#Comment_521216

    That's fine, just be aware you have said it before.

    You don’t have to feel insulted for an insult to be an insult.

  • Did anyone actually say playing survivor is what makes people toxic?

  • @Judith said:

    People who think playing a role in a video game makes someone more or less toxic are just biased.

    The only reason you get more hate chat from survivors is because it is 4vs1 game. Playing killer doesn't make someone less toxic as a person. They show it during the game where they can have power. After the game they lose that power.

    The problem with you guys is your way of thinking. If you think someone is nicer because they play one side or the other you are naive. People are equally toxic.

    @Judith Reread a lot of the posts made here. A lot of the people were saying that the toxicity was more PRONOUNCED in the survivors due to there being four of them. We all know both sides are toxic, however, you are more likely to see a toxic survivor.

    Being a survivor or Blendette doesn't automatically make you toxic. The problem is that since there are FOUR people, there is proportionally more chances of meeting a toxic survivor.

    The same could be said for killers. Not every Leatherface is a toxic camper, but more likely then not you'll meet a toxic basement camping Leather Daddy.

  • I meant someone being a survivor doesn't mean that person is less nice than a killer. Not that playing a role turns you into a toxic person.

    What I meant by this thread is that people on both sides are equally toxic as a person.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521234#Comment_521234

    You don’t have to feel insulted for an insult to be an insult.

    @TreemanXD To call those insults would be stretching more so then possible. I don't know, maybe I see insults more bluntly, but I honestly don't see how those were insulting.

  • @Judith said:

    I meant someone being a survivor doesn't mean that person is less nice than a killer. Not that playing a role turns you into a toxic person.

    What I meant by this thread is that people on both sides are equally toxic as a person.

    Exactly, a toxic survivor will be toxic when they play killer.

  • Maybe people misunderstood what I was trying to say but I bet some of them think people playing killers are actually nice people irl and survivors are evil lol.

  • @Judith said:

    I meant someone being a survivor doesn't mean that person is less nice than a killer. Not that playing a role turns you into a toxic person.

    What I meant by this thread is that people on both sides are equally toxic as a person.

    @Judith And that's a valid statement, unfortunately you didn't necessarily open up with this.

    Hench why this thread got turned into this.

1 2 3 4