The Legion Rework: This feedback is retired
This feedback is retired
This was my step by step thoughts on what I felt about the Legion Rework. I am a bit underwhelmed especially when seeing the abysmal changes made to the Legion.
People of the Fog,
Since the release of Chapter 11: The Darkness Among Us, we have received a lot of feedback, both positive and negative, regarding The Legion. With this update, we aim to bridge the gap in the extreme playstyle of this Killer and remove some of the ongoing frustrations when playing as The Legion as well as against The Legion.
The following changes allow for direct Survivor counter-play, reduce the potential for exploiting certain game mechanics, and bring The Legion’s default attributes in-line with other Killers, all while retaining the core vision of this Killer.
THE LEGION
- The Legion’s base movement speed is increased to 4.6m/s.
This is pretty good, I never understood how a group of rebellious teens moved so slowly. Teens are meant to be up and about, moving faster than adults should. 4.4 did not make sense.
- The Legion’s Terror Radius is increased to 32m.
It's protocol, I have no words for this but I don't think it's bad.
- Most of The Legion’s add-ons are rebalanced or reworked to account for the changes to Feral Frenzy and the Deep Wound status effect.
I hope the pin add ons are actually good.
- The Iridescent button addon no longer requires The Legion to apply Deep Wound for the effects to be active.
This is simply delicious. Thank you.
FERAL FRENZY UPDATE
- The recharge time of Feral Frenzy is increased and now requires a full power gauge to use it. Once it has been activated, the Legion must wait until the power gauge is full to be able to trigger the power again.
In line with a killer like the spirit. While I will miss activation at any time, for balance reasons I will accept this change.
- The duration of Feral Frenzy is increased. The Legion spends longer in frenzy.
Oh thank goodness, hopefully people will play this as intended now.
- The movement speed of Feral Frenzy is significantly reduced. The Legion moves faster than base speed while in frenzy, but not as fast as they did before.
Wasn't it like 120 movement? Well, as long as I could still use it to great advantage. I don't mind sooooo much.
- The Legion can no longer see blood pools (in addition to not seeing scratch marks) while in Feral Frenzy.
I... Don't know how to feel about this. It REALLY doesn't make sense that you can't see blood during a frenzy. That what made the Legion tolerable back then. But for balance reasons, I shall accept these terms.
- Feral Frenzy is immediately and automatically cancelled whenever The Legion misses an attack while in frenzy.
Due to a comment from @Peanits, I no longer really find this problematic. While I still do not agree with this completely, it's not as bad as I had first thought.
Don't ever say that I can't change my opinion.
DEEP WOUND UPDATE
- The Deep Wound timer pauses for survivors within The Killer's Terror Radius–regardless of whether they are in a chase or not.
I... Don't know how to feel about this. Especially with the fear it will affect Borrowed Time's Deep Wound timer. If it does, then the Entity has truly left us. Borrowed Time, in my opinion, was wrongly buffed and is the only reason why I would ever dislike the Legion.
- The Deep Wound timer pauses while Mending.
(Changed from a John Tron meme.)
- the Killer does not see the Deep Wound timer progress–only the Deep Wound bar to know that Deep Wound has been applied.
This is pretty bad. But for balance I will accept it.
- The Deep Wound timer progress is no longer reduced by regular Feral Frenzy attacks.
Annnnnd there you go. How I feel about all this. I could do a whole thing where I suggest what I think would fix the issues I see but I know it won't happen. And Freddy needs attention now.
Good day y'all.
Edit: Added in further review.
Well, I waited, I watched, and now I can give feedback (because apparently you have to wait to be served a sandwich made of excrements to be able to know it's gonna be terrible [I, again, am not saying the new Legion is bad! But I find it dumb that people don't want to hear feedback before a product is out. Especially if they give no reason for me to believe they are knowledgeable on Legion]) For what it's worth I will always have a special place for Legion in the spot where my heart should be.
Unfortunately all of my points in the initial post has not really changed. The only GOOD thing is... Uh... The longer duration?
There are a lot of things I can say at the top of my head, but I won't waste any time. I'll give my feedback on what I've seen thus far.
LEGION COOLDOWN ADDONS:
I have no idea why you nerfed them like that, especially when you gave the Legion a cooldown of four seconds. You say you play your own games, but I don't have Dead by Daylight on my (dying) computer and it HURTS seeing that long of a stun. Either revert the cooldown nerfs or change Legion's base cooldown back to 3 seconds because I feel physically ill seeing the stun.
LEGION SPEED ADDONS:
You changed it so that all the add ons that once gave faster Feral Speed now increase the range of the Killer Instinct reading range. The problem is that without the SPEED to make use of it, the effects are in fact useless. I'd suggest buff base Legion Feral Frenzy speed back up slightly/moderately, or allow the speed add ons to retain their original effects.
LEGION FERAL MISSED COOLDOWN:
I'll believe losing ALL the power gauge when missing is a bug that will be fixed, but why have it in the first place? The Legion are a group of delinquents, and I, as a young man, can lunge forward with a knife more times now then the Legion can. And that is embarrassing for a number of reasons.
LEGION POWER GAUGE:
One thing that never made sense to me, especially with this update, is why affect the gauge at all? We were all kids once, and some of us had just left the teenage life. So why is it that getting hit with pallets/missing attacks/hitting a person twice cost so much? Especially now that Feral Frenzy doesn't really do much?
I suggest every missed swing reduces the power gauge by 25%, allowing counterplay for survivors and a chance for Legions. Keep the damned 20 second recharge if you absolutely must, but either allow for Legion to use their power when they have AT LEAST 50% charge or reverse the effects of hitting a survivor, so that instead of LOSING gauge, you GAIN it. One or the other, I would never ask for both.
PIN ADD ONS:
Which brings us to the pin add ons, I like that you made them useful, somewhat. The problem is, you have to willing to take a FOUR second stun just to give a debuff to someone, meaning you can't really spread the pain that well.
I would suggest either giving the effects ON HIT, or no longer taking you out of Frenzy when you do hit someone twice.
Optional- Hitting someone twice or more times should instead give you increasingly limited returns on your power gauge instead of taking you out of it, since there is legitimately no reason to actually hit someone twice without a pin add on, and is detrimental even with one.
LEGION VAULT SPEEDS:
I'm a bit effy about this, but I'm aware that it feels slower then it actually is, so I will withhold from making statements for now.
There you go. My thoughts and feelings (and suggestions) about how I feel about it. For those of you who do not want to read all the way to the 7th page.



Comments
@Peanits or @not_Queen
My further feedback to the Legion changes.
Honestly, my only suggestion that I feel would be fair, either % drain per missed Frenzy, or something. I just hope that Legion gets better treatments in the live build.
@Shad03 Me too
@Ihatelife I'm not expecting much of a change though, so I can't hold my breath. But here is hoping.
I hope the changes go through as planned. Smacking a person, breaking LoS, activating Feral Frenzy over and over until the survivor downs will not be missed.
@CallMeSpidey Legion needed a change yes. But some of the changes are unwarranted. I understand the Deep Wounds changes but still.
Well, let's just enjoy the current legion we have until he's killed.
@KaoMinerva Oh, I'll always enjoy them.
But I just will not have any fun.
I think that if you miss, you lose 25% or 50% like you said, I love that idea for screwing up, less punishable. 125% Frenzy speed, the stun in my opinion should be 3.5 seconds since the add ons got nerfed.
I'm pretty sure the goal of the Legion changes were to delete him from the game without literally doing so, so they weren't morally obligated to a refund.
when i saw this
The Deep Wound timer progress is no longer reduced by regular Feral Frenzy attacks
i was like:
Hey guys.. Some of you didn't show up to the meeting this week... Remember every Saturday. You still have to pay your dues by the way. See you next week.. same time.. same place.
This feedback is retired
Have a good day, I'll be in Minecraft if you need me.
All legion mains are the same, BHVR fixes your boring, annoying and harmful killer, and you and all the other legions mains (except the smart ones) try by all means to reverse all the changes that make the legion finally tolerable for play against him
-I suggest every missed swing reduces the power gauge by 25%, allowing counterplay for survivors and a chance for Legions.
t every missed swing reduces the power gauge by 25%, allowing counterplay for survivors and a chance for Legions.
That point literally gave me cancer ... What's wrong with you? Seriously, I can understand that only one hit can seem drastic and honestly it is, but from there to be reduced by 25% ... ?????
A big problem that the character has is that he can hit the nothing without being punished, okay, and you big mind has come to the conclusion that 3 hits on the air and hit 1 is fair?
Only with that section and I know that your post is useless to read.
Luckily you do not work in the balance team ...
@BlackReaper Boring and annoying for whom? I'm not a Legion main, but I had a lot of fun running around and vaulting stuff really fast. The increased recovery from missed attacks was also fun, since it allowed me to play around with survivors. They took away what made the Legion fun by reducing vaulting speed, reducing Feral Frenzy speed, and the increased recovery from missed attacks.
@Shad03 such a shame such a senseless waste of talent RIP legion i hope you have fun in minecraft and the discord is always open
the killer is fine you say? Yeah, ofc the killer is fine, cuz now his power is entirely useless even more than it was before and near everything removes him from using the power anyway, ofc you say it's fine cuz survivors got every nerf they wanted for legion.
I'm not down for the count yet. -cracks bones- I'll still keep fighting.
@BlackReaper
"All legion mains are the same, BHVR fixes your boring, annoying and harmful killer, and you and all the other legions mains (except the smart ones) try by all means to reverse all the changes that make the legion finally tolerable for play against him"
I am one of the few Legion mains who TRY to BALANCE the Legion for both survivors and killers you.... URGGH! Listen my FRIEND, the changes I suggested are for balance for both. Not for just survivors.
"I suggest every missed swing reduces the power gauge by 25%, allowing counterplay for survivors and a chance for Legions.
(Deleted cause you don't know how to copy and past)
That point literally gave me cancer ... What's wrong with you? Seriously, I can understand that only one hit can seem drastic and honestly it is, but from there to be reduced by 25% ... ?????"
Yes 25%. Have you seen the damage a low FPS does to how effective you are? Also, 25% is a lot to lose especially with how little back you get. If you get cancer from that, then you are a very sad person indeed, there is something wrong with you.
"A big problem that the character has is that he can hit the nothing without being punished, okay, and you big mind has come to the conclusion that 3 hits on the air and hit 1 is fair?"
Listen you inconsiderate, little, small brained prick. It takes time to catch up to survivors, especially if they have Sprint Burst/Lithe/Balanced Landing. Yes it is fair since you are risking a lot for so little, the Legion is still being punished, and the survivors can still run and loop away. I'm not even asking for FF to take off hits in the DW time.
"Only with that section and I know that your post is useless to read."
That only shows how stupid and petty you are. You clearly lack a brain to comprehend what I wrote.
"Luckily you do not work in the balance team ..."
I'm lucky you don't either. I shudder to think what you'd do to the Legion.
YEAH dont stop fighting shad03 ill support you 100% through this wasn't manslaughter this was assassination and we will get to the bottom of this conspiracy
I was really referring to the part of the survivors but I have played it and it is also boring to play, I have a friend who is main legion and well, he says it is very funny, yes, I understand that the first 50 games to jump pallets and windows is incredible but its power is not funny, at least I do not find it fun to tunnel and that my power only serves to hit several times. The idea of the legion, its concept is good, but the reality is that I ended up being a killer with a capacity to reach survivors totally disproportionate and so that it wasnt rank S +++++, they gave him a limiter, "deep wounds" that forces you to give several blows and make a persecution ruled by the cooldown of his power.
That alone is annoying and boring for both sides, and if we add that he does not have any kind of counter-play, we have a killer with many changes to make.
M1 Legion with a 4 second stun and no scratch marks, easy to lose Survivors and is easy to escape, only good with the best perks, add ons, Survivors can play around with the mending and just use adrenaline and stay in your TR? Slower vault speed? He was better than Spirit but now he seems garbage, the only good thing was his base speed improvement. His speed decrease was fine to me.
Don't forget to buy Ghostface :D
You know what, maybe a 50% would be great, we will see if that would be needed, if you put it in a 25% its the same it was, you dont really need to care so much, so thats why im saying thats pointless.
One thing, I understand your point of low frame rate, but my friend, you can not balance anything related to the performance of the game or the computer or the console, that only creates a big gap with people who do not have those problems and makes that they abuse of it. The only way is fix the low fps and its on the way, be patient.
@ShrekIsHot he was not better than Spirit. Legion was mid tier at best. Now he's... still mid tier at best.
@NuclearBurrito
My good friend, I don't mean to bash on Spirit, why I thought that? With Spirit, you can't see scratch marks or people and had to play a guessing game, you got no stun for it, I saw Legion as more effective because he was able to chain hit for once, and it's more of 'chase the person and move on' rather than 'land a stealth hit and take advantage on your next hit'. Plus you could use it at any time was how it used to be.
@ShrekIsHot you can see scratchmarks while in phase unless you are using the ring (one of her ultra rares). And while in phase you move at about 172% which is enough to easily catch up to any survivor. While chasing and move on is great and all, it simply doesn't work in practice with the current meta.
The Spirit can get quick downs with smart use of her power so as to get a lot of pressure quickly compared to most other Killers.