I have an idea on how to re balance keys and Moris!

Ebony mori will now allow you to mori all survivors on their final hook.

ivory mori will now allow you to kill one survivor on their final hook.

dull key will now let you open the hatch once all gens are done but only you can escape through the hatch.

skeleton key will allow you to open the hatch once all gens are done and everyone can escape through the hatch.

Comments

  • I lose to moris way more often than I lose to keys, I'm all for this

  • Kinda makes Mori's useless though?

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    Kinda makes Mori's useless though?

    Pretty much, and I think that was the OP's point.

  • @ShrekIsHot Moris in their current state are OP so what would you suggest?

  • Making things useless is not balancing.

  • @lasombra1979 not entirely useless, you sometimes wouldn’t be able to make it to a hook and you use the mori to secure the kill.

  • Keys are fine how they are and mori's don't need changing.

  • @Orion what would you suggest to balance them?

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Orion what would you suggest to balance them?

    Keep Memento Moris as they are, since they're already balanced. Make it so keys (other than Broken Keys) cannot show up in chests. Problem solved.

  • @Orion but they aren’t balanced. You hook all the survivors and can kill them that isn’t what I’d call balanced.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Orion but they aren’t balanced. You hook all the survivors and can kill them that isn’t what I’d call balanced.

    Ebony Memento Mori is an ultra-rare offering. It's single-use, expensive, and hard to get. It should be powerful. It's fine as it is.

  • @Orion insta-heals are purple and pink but they’re getting changed. Should they’d not be good also? Bnp was an ultra rare, should they revert the change?

  • Hate to join in but my 600 ebonies say otherwise about them being "ultra rare"

  • @GrootDude said:

    @ShrekIsHot Moris in their current state are OP so what would you suggest?

    Make them more rare to appear on the bloodweb unless you are basically max prestige.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 they changed bnp and I believe insta-heals are on the list. Should they revert the bnp change since it is ultra-rare?

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Orion but they aren’t balanced. You hook all the survivors and can kill them that isn’t what I’d call balanced.

    That is what I would call balanced though. The point of the mori is to remove survivors quicker from the game, in a nice bloody way. What you are suggesting is removing the entire benefit of a mori. Likewise, the key changes you recommend removes the entire benefit of the key as well.

    Personally, I like @Orion's suggest for keys. Moris I think are fine like they are. I actually kinda geek out when I get mori'ed.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421404#Comment_421404

    Make them more rare to appear on the bloodweb unless you are basically max prestige.

    @ShrekIsHot that could be good ‘cause in their current state they’re too common.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Orion insta-heals are purple and pink but they’re getting changed. Should they’d not be good also? Bnp was an ultra rare, should they revert the change?

    Memento Moris were nerfed as well. Or did you forget?

    @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Hate to join in but my 600 ebonies say otherwise about them being "ultra rare"

    After how many hours, over how many trials, over how many levels, on how many killers, using how many of the offerings?

  • @lasombra1979 ok then the point of the old bnp was to do gens faster. It was balanced since this is what we’re going off of.

  • @Orion but unlike bnp they are still good. Yes I am aware you used to be able to kill without hooking. Bnp was nerfed twice, or did you forget?

  • @GrootDude said:

    @lasombra1979 ok then the point of the old bnp was to do gens faster. It was balanced since this is what we’re going off of.

    They still allow you to do gens faster. However, hooking someone for the third time takes less time than using a Memento Mori on them and doesn't leave you stuck and unable to get an idea of your surroundings for the duration.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @KillermainBTWm8 they changed bnp and I believe insta-heals are on the list. Should they revert the bnp change since it is ultra-rare?

    No they shouldn't revert the changes if the devs wanna change mori's I am ok with it I feel like nerfing mori's would need to be done in a different way an idea I currently don't have. Perhaps add another requirement to activate an ebony or something. My biggest pet peeve about mori's are the rarity they are too common.

  • I don't understand why these need to be changed. Are ebony moris OP? Yeah, that's the point. Are keys OP? I wouldn't say so, as they're mostly situational. Plus, you actually need to put in a bit more work to get a chance to use a key.

  • @Orion they’re near useless now and really shouldn’t be an ultra-rare, you’d be better off taking anything else. You also aren’t counting the fact you can’t always make it to a hook.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Hate to join in but my 600 ebonies say otherwise about them being "ultra rare"

    @KillermainBTWm8 Got a screenshot? I would love to see this.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 they should (if they made this change maybe decrease the amount of time you spend using a mori.)

  • yee I will post it on your wall at a public place with nothing better to do currently.

  • @Saint_Ukraine but bnp was changed and insta-heals are on the list. All OP things need changed.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Orion they’re near useless now and really shouldn’t be an ultra-rare, you’d be better off taking anything else. You also aren’t counting the fact you can’t always make it to a hook.

    Shaving off 20 seconds of a generator is considered useless? Healing is considered to take too long, and even that only takes 16 seconds. Sorry if I don't buy it.

    Nobody would ever use an ultra-rare offering on the off-chance that they might not make it to a hook. If they're worried about that, they take Agitation, and/or Iron Grasp, and/or Hangman's Trick, and/or Mad Grit. Again, rendering something useless is not balancing.

  • @Orion same with the bnp. If it weren’t so useless then more people would use it. People complain about having to take perks for something like this. Sorry that I don’t buy into the lies that mori’s aren’t OP.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Orion same with the bnp. If it weren’t so useless then more people would use it. People complain about having to take perks for something like this. Sorry that I don’t buy into the lies that mori’s aren’t OP.

    That's their problem, then. Unless there are areas where, by default, you cannot hook someone, it's not an issue. Those perks (except Mad Grit, obviously) exist precisely to allow you a greater hook selection.

    Survivors don't heal because it takes "too long". Survivors also don't take BNP because they don't want to, even though it shaves off more time than they'd need to heal. Killers can and do take Agitation and Iron Grasp. Repeating what I say to try to make yourself sound smarter doesn't work if you are wrong.

  • @TreemanXD There is a difference between old BNP and a Mori. If we were discussing the old Mori before the addition of the hook requirement, I would agree with you. With the current Moris, you still have to get that initial hook. I think that balances with the current state of BNP.

  • @Orion the problem is that you’d be better off using anything else on your toolbox. Most killers I see don’t use agitation or iron grasp. People say survivors don’t heal, but they do self- care is still meta.

    I’m just using your argument against you.

  • @lasombra1979 and with the bnp after the first nerf you had to hit multiple skill checks. It had a condition just like the current mori. I guess it was balanced then.

  • @TreemanXD I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

  • I didn’t know these things were unbalanced. I still don’t think they’re unbalanced.

  • @lasombra1979 said:

    @TreemanXD I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

    Finally I could tell it was only going to go into circles for ages otherwise, my only real issue with certain offerings and items is rarity

  • in all seriousness, a more reasonable nerf to moris would be to require you to hook all survivors at least once before you can use it, and your key nerf suggestion would make their main use (opening hatch) rather useless. I agree with you tree that moris are definitely overpowered, even after the nerf they received, but as orion said, making them useless wouldn't be balancing them

  • @artist I like your mori idea, but what would you suggest for keys?

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Orion the problem is that you’d be better off using anything else on your toolbox. Most killers I see don’t use agitation or iron grasp. People say survivors don’t heal, but they do self- care is still meta.

    I’m just using your argument against you.

    You actually aren't.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/421482#Comment_421482

    Finally I could tell it was only going to go into circles for ages otherwise, my only real issue with certain offerings and items is rarity

    I try to avoid repetitive arguments. This discussion is more a matter of perspective/opinion than objective fact. I do agree with the rarity of ebony moris. I think the issue with that is more how often you play, and if you are sitting P3 50 on your killer. My killers I do not have at P3 do not get ebony moris often. My P3 50 killers seem to get them every other bloodweb.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @artist I like your mori idea, but what would you suggest for keys?

    no idea lol, the main use of keys is opening hatch early, take that away, and they'll be the next green map

  • Moris arent op against toolboxes

  • @GrootDude said:

    @KillermainBTWm8 they changed bnp and I believe insta-heals are on the list. Should they revert the bnp change since it is ultra-rare?

    The difference being that for survivors, they can bring 4 in a game. That's why BNP got changed, you could bang out 4 gens in literal seconds