I need advice.
I can't track while phasing as Spirit. Anyone got advice? I really need help finding them.
I can't track while phasing as Spirit. Anyone got advice? I really need help finding them.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I still 3k but it doesn't feel right. It feels more like a fluke.
Predict where Survivors will go -- pallets, vaults, and listen for sounds.
Their sounds feel so weird. I can't determine the direction it's like wuh?
Sound, sound, and more sound. Also eyeballs (look for grass moving and whatnot).
And Stridor makes me super confused.
@Orion how do I determine their direction?
Stereo headphones.
I got that. I'll practice.
Do you use headphones for the game? Assuming yes, like everyone's said it's all about prediction and sound. If you can wait until the survivor is in an area with less places they can go that can be super helpful. If Stridor makes you confused it'd be better to take it off. Maybe try Predator?
Might be a silly question, but are you using headphones or speakers? You've really gotta' rely on directional audio to find people and speakers won't do that too well. You might also be able to predict where they're going just by using your noodle (e.g. Are they going to keep looping, or are they going to try to sneak away)
Worst case scenario, you could always try to injure them first. A really quick phase will give you the speed boost at the end without making you lose them. At shorter loops there's not much they can do to avoid it. Once they're injured they should be much easier for you to track.
Did you try predator?
Turning off the "headphones" checkbox in the settings helped me to track better. Yes, sounds illogical but it helped me. Try that out.
Furthermore, you can try to change the audio quality in GameUserSettings.ini
You've gotta rely on audio as spirit, you need good headphones or just really high stereo audio. Keep track of scratch Mark's, once they stop, leave phase walk and look around, they're most likely still around since they just stopped running and it should get you a hit. Look for movement in the grass and listen for footsteps. Most important tip with the Spirit, is to get inside your opponents head, predict where they will go, put yourself in their shoes, then you'll find yourself improving moderately
@ClogWench I am using headphones.
@Peanits I am using headphones, and i'll try to predict more ty.
@DwightsLifeMatters I had it off, but i'll try using it when it's on.
@PhantomMask20763 ty, i'll do that.
@DwightsLifeMatters changing the audio quality, can it help?
@DwightsLifeMatters what do you use for it?
Sound footsteps and if they are injured moans of pain are easy to tell where they are.
@KillermainBTWm8 I hear those, but it's so weird how I can't find the direction.
Look for scratch marks and then listen to hear footsteps and survivors breathing. They are louder when they sprint and easy to hear when close enough. Hearing them shouldn't be hard if you got headphones. And don't use stridor, it will just make you think they are closer than they really are.
You can also see grass moving when they pass through it.
Part of the issue is that some survivors are so much louder than others. Ash is so loud, and Bill tends to cut through the chase music, whereas Ace can barely be heard even with Stridor.
I can check at home for you, but it's not gonna make a huge difference. Keep in mind that the sound is still bugged
I just use ear phones but Iβm also just a mediocre spirit so I canβt help you much.
@Bug_Reporter ππππ I'll take the advice.
Listen , Grass Movement, Blood, Scratch marks
May be late, but honestly? Predator. I used it once in while on wraith, but after seeing the comparison video, using Predator has noticeably increased my chases as Spirit. Its not as all over the place and laggy, the scratches are basically a trail behind them with almost instant appearance.
But like everyone else said, sound whoring is super effective with her.