Devs: I think I'm done

After 400 hours, I think Mettle of Man has broken me. Two games in a row, SWF, multiple injured survivors banging through gens, not bothering to heal because who needs to with Adrenaline and MoM? It's math. The last game in particular was ridiculous. Go to down one of them, MoM procs. Finally hook them. They get saved with Borrowed Time. I hit the injured person who saved them. MoM procs. Is any thought given to how perks will be used in coordination? This is insane. Are you considering high rank SWF play at all? It exists. I encounter it a lot. The counter to a perk can't be "don't hit the injured survivor with a normal attack".

Comments

  • SWF was always broken, I don't see your point.

  • "I think I'm done adapting" is what I'm hearing

  • "If I threaten to leave they'll nerf the perk"

  • @Nos37 said:

    "I think I'm done adapting" is what I'm hearing

    Adapting? You mean facecamping first hook to avoid MoM to activate? Or ebony moris + tunnel every match?

  • I think i'm done of all this complaining.

  • @Nos37 said:

    "I think I'm done adapting" is what I'm hearing

    There are reasonable adaptations and then there's "only hit survivors with non-basic attacks because they might have a perk". Even old DS was more reasonable. Think of what this does to a killer like Freddy or Wraith.

  • *gets the violin out*

  • After 400 hours, I think Mettle of Man has broken me.

    The devs balance the games aroudn lower ranks.


    Just play SWF instead, a lot more relaxing =)

  • After 400 hours, I think Mettle of Man has broken me.
    didnt read lol.gif

    Keep crying entitled killer main

  • Just take a break.

    People were laughing at M. Cote for recommending Civ5 as an alternative. He was giving people some advise. If you're so deep down into the game that you're overreacting like this, you should gain some distance and play something else in the meantime and come back later.

    So, just take a break.

  • yeah, just take a break like most killer players are doing right now. the re-introduction of double pallets and also looks like they just buffed DS again are adding to this mass exodus of killer players.


    all I can do is wish survivor players luck in finding games..not sure who you are expecting to play vs though *shrugs*

  • @Nos37 said:

    "I think I'm done adapting" is what I'm hearing

    Pray tell how a M1 killer adapts to MoM? Just don't hit Survivors? @Nos37

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399511#Comment_399511

    Pray tell how a M1 killer adapts to MoM? Just don't hit Survivors? @Nos37

    There's what, 2 M1 killers? Maybe 3? And once survivors realize it doesn't work against 75% of killers they're not gonna run it nearly as much

  • After 400 hours, I think Mettle of Man has broken me.

    Gimme some sugar baby! ;)

  • @Spicybarbecue said:

    yeah, just take a break like most killer players are doing right now. the re-introduction of double pallets and also looks like they just buffed DS again are adding to this mass exodus of killer players.

    all I can do is wish survivor players luck in finding games..not sure who you are expecting to play vs though *shrugs*

    I'm finding games and quick. Seems there's no exodus. But thanks for the "heads up".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399795#Comment_399795

    So you're basically saying it's balanced because "supposedly" not many people are going to use it. Got it. With that logic, the old DS would've been balanced if it wasn't used as much, right.

    Not what I was saying. It's only useful against a few killers, and those killers won't have to worry too much about it cause why would you run a perk that's only gonna be useful to counter the weakest of killers anyway? It's not balanced because no one will use it. Once people are used to it, no one is gonna use it because it's weak and situational.

  • Remember when survivors complained about a certain dream world killer before they got used to him and realised he wasn't that strong?

    This the exactly same scenario.

  • Try survivor for a time. Infinitely less stressful.

  • This game is never going to be balanced. Better to just enjoy what you can and take a break.

  • Another dumb try to preach MOM would be OP. Stop complaining and start thinking.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Rule #1 in DBD: If it exists, SWFs will abuse it one way or another.

    To be fair this applies to killer as well. How many people played wraith when there was the sloppy butcher bug. I remember lagging out of like 1 in every 3 games because of bad it was.

    Or pig also dropping people at the exit door to kill them with traps. Disconnecting so survivors get no points also. Lag switching as well.

    But when it comes to this perk it is op. I'm shocked it didn't give the borrowed time status instead of just ignoring the hit.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399790#Comment_399790

    There's what, 2 M1 killers? Maybe 3? And once survivors realize it doesn't work against 75% of killers they're not gonna run it nearly as much

    The only non M1 Killers are Huntress, Billy, Pig, Legion and LF. Apparently it's not working against Nurse, but it is against Spirit. So Freddy, Clown, and Doctor are just #########. Wraith either requires a surprise attack or is just boned. Trapper and Hag need you to step in traps or they are boned. Myers and Plague are kinda boned in that they sometimes needs less hits, but the hits still count.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399795#Comment_399795

    The only non M1 Killers are Huntress, Billy, Pig, Legion and LF. Apparently it's not working against Nurse, but it is against Spirit. So Freddy, Clown, and Doctor are just #########. Wraith either requires a surprise attack or is just boned. Trapper and Hag need you to step in traps or they are boned. Myers and Plague are kinda boned in that they sometimes needs less hits, but the hits still count.

    I wasn't sure if clown counted if they were intoxicated when hit. As for hag, i get most of my hits from traps. Still, that's a few generally weak killers who are fully boned and some who are only slightly affected by it. I wouldn't say that's enough to warrant the panic it's getting.

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399831#Comment_399831

    I wasn't sure if clown counted if they were intoxicated when hit. As for hag, i get most of my hits from traps. Still, that's a few generally weak killers who are fully boned and some who are only slightly affected by it. I wouldn't say that's enough to warrant the panic it's getting.

    Already weak killer getting worse isn't a problem? Really?

    Also, I meant that Hag might be boned regardless because I don't know if Phantasm hits work or not because of the Spirit.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399832#Comment_399832

    Already weak killer getting worse isn't a problem? Really?

    Also, I meant that Hag might be boned regardless because I don't know if Phantasm hits work or not because of the Spirit.

    Killers like Freddy and Doctor have bigger problems in top tier. The place those killers shine is in low tier play, where killer is naturally stronger because survivors don't have the skills to abuse killer weaknesses. So while yeah it sucks if you're rank 1 trying to play Doctor, I don't think MoM is gonna be game changing considering it's already an uphill battle and once the hype dies down, red ranks won't be using it much.

    Overall I think MoM is gonna be a strong low tier perk to help survivors that honestly need the help, and won't have a huge impact on high tier play

  • One word. Legion.

  • @ClogWench can now confirm. Phantasm hits do count toward MoM.

  • @Tzeentchling9 @ClogWench Hits that you get with your m1s with any killer counts.

    Nurse has just a bug right now. It is not a feature.

  • It's sad to see these kind of posts. Not full of insults, just a respectful statement from a player who doesn't like playing the game anymore. And in most cases, it seems, these posts are made by killer mains.

    I really hope things change and those players will come back to DbD.

  • Solution: not SWF by default, if mark SWF checkbox earn +25% BPs

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    Solution: not SWF by default, if mark SWF checkbox earn +25% BPs

    You could make it +25% per SWF member (so +50% by default, up to +100%) with +200% if it was a 4-man SWF and it still wouldn't make a difference. You can't bribe people into not having fun while playing games. This isn't a job; killers aren't getting paid for babysitting.

  • same, I have almost stopped playing since Plague release

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399511#Comment_399511

    Pray tell how a M1 killer adapts to MoM? Just don't hit Survivors? @Nos37

    @Tzeentchling9 Just stare at them with a really angry expression on your face. That'll show 'em!

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/400295#Comment_400295

    You could make it +25% per SWF member (so +50% by default, up to +100%) with +200% if it was a 4-man SWF and it still wouldn't make a difference. You can't bribe people into not having fun while playing games. This isn't a job; killers aren't getting paid for babysitting.

    +1 BP is not the solution to swf.

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399511#Comment_399511

    Adapting? You mean facecamping first hook to avoid MoM to activate? Or ebony moris + tunnel every match?

    Sounds good to me ;-) So I Just keep doing what I always do

  • @ClogWench said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/399790#Comment_399790

    There's what, 2 M1 killers? Maybe 3? And once survivors realize it doesn't work against 75% of killers they're not gonna run it nearly as much

    So, basically, if you main someone like Myers or Pig, you might as well uninstall.