Buffing useless perks to make the game more interesting

These are just suggestions to try and change up the game a bit. Some of these perks are never run and I wanted to try and make them good enough that they would be used more often.

Monstrous Shrine - Remove it and combine it with Territorial Imperative. Both perks are too weak by themselves to save and would work better combined.

Hangmans Trick - Everytime a hook is destroyed the saboteur becomes injured.

Huntress Lullaby - Doesn't spawn until 1 survivor has been hooked.

Devour Hope - Doesn't spawn until after 2 tokens have been earned.

Hex: The Third Seal - Get rid of hex totem and make the perk affect players that have been hooked once.

Overwhelming Presence - Make it map wide and remove survivors ability to see the progress of item.

Beast Of Prey - Distance of Red Stain is decreased by 30/40/50%. Bloodpoints gained in hunter category are increased by 50/75/100%.

Up The Ante - Luck is increased by 5% for every generator completed. This doesn't affect survivors in the trial. Luck will affect chests.

Plunderers Instinct - Items from chest are of uncommon or above rarity. Searching chests is 10/15/20% faster.

Streetwise - Increase charges by 30/40/50%. Doesn't affect other survivors anymore.

This Is Not Happening - Hitting a great skill check will increase gen progress by 1/3/5% more than before.

Pharmacy - Guaranteed a purple medkit on your first search.

Open-Handed - Range increased to 8/12/16 metres. Range increase only affects survivor using the perk.

No One Left Behind - For every survivor (excluding yourself) that escapes the trail gain an additional 33% to blood points in the altruism category. Perform unhooking actions 30/40/50% quicker.

Autodidact - Increase skill check chances while healing by 25/50/75%.

Comments

  • Love alot of your suggestions..

    I am 100% up for a meta shake up.. The game has needed it for quite a while.. Something needs to be done to keep the game fresh..

    Sadly the devs have chosen to buff alot of the most used perks which only reinforced the meta.. All imo

  • @CornChip said:

    Love alot of your suggestions..

    I am 100% up for a meta shake up.. The game has needed it for quite a while.. Something needs to be done to keep the game fresh..

    Sadly the devs have chosen to buff alot of the most used perks which only reinforced the meta.. All imo

    Yea they have also nerfed a lot of survivor meta perks as well. I think buffing perks like these would maybe not instantly change the meta but make these perks for viable for using.

    Didn't include Vigil or Insidious because they both are not worth being in the game. Wanted to add Left Behind but it cant really be changed.

  • A lot of these are too powerful. Good concepts but they need a reduction in numbers. Devour Hope is too strong by 3 tokens not to spawn until 2, for instance. Open Handed stacks with others. If only two people carried it and all carried Kindred, you could see the killer for 48m around the hook. A SWF team of 4? 80m. That's insane.

  • monstrous- sure

    hangman's- sure

    lullaby- sure

    devour- no, too powerful

    third seal- only counters solo play, unnecessary

    overwhelming- NO CUZ IM BIASED

    beast- sure

    ante- I dont think a lot of people actually understand how powerful a kobe is. a kobe removes all pressure because no one has to go for the save until 2nd stage. this could easily be abused especially if everyone brings it in a swf. also make up the ante affect ace in the hole if it already doesnt

    plunderer's- YES

    streetwise- sure, commodious with instructions + socket swivels could be really broken combined with it tho

    not happening- sure

    pharmacy- personally I prefer the green medkit. it heals others faster than the purple and doesnt consume charges as fast. they both last long enough for 2 full heals.

    open-handed- sure

    no one left behind- so if I cap altruism its as useless as it is in its current state. should be like WGLF where the bloodpoints are awarded post-trial (bonus points even if u cap)

    autodidact- could be a bit TOO strong. 5 stacks of autodidact is almost an instaheal, id run it all the time if the skill checks triggered that often

  • I like your basic idea.

    "Buff useless perks"

    This community has many ideas about perks.

  • I don't think you know how the skill check RNG works. Currently, it is 10.5% and increasing it by 75% will give you a skill check almost every second.

    Overall, all the other suggestions seem reasonable, maybe a little bit tweak would be better for some of them.

  • @brokedownpalace I want the hex totem perks too last at least till they are useful. I would lower it to 1 token being earned if it still seemed too powerful but we wouldn't know for certain unless they tested it. Fixed Open-Handed to only affect the survivor using the perk.

    @artist think third seal only counters solo players anyway. Up the ante only affects the survivor using the perk so they would need to leave it late for the perk to be worth something. I wanted streetwise and overwhelming to actually be counters for each other rather than them both basically do nothing. Pharmacy fair enough lol For NOLB people don't often get full altruism points so there is where this perk comes in. Sort of pointless if you can get all the saves but how often does that happen.

    @Delfador I actually meant 75% of the current number. But if your right it's way too powerful so I'll change it now.

  • if everyone escapes and you happened to get more than 4k altruism, it'd be nice if I still got those extra points even if i passed the cap with no one left behind, i also just assumed up the ante would still affect all players. and I guess overwhelming can do what u suggested, hiding how many charges from the user would be kind of annoying tho.

  • @artist said:

    if everyone escapes and you happened to get more than 4k altruism, it'd be nice if I still got those extra points even if i passed the cap with no one left behind, i also just assumed up the ante would still affect all players. and I guess overwhelming can do what u suggested, hiding how many charges from the user would be kind of annoying tho.

    Yea I know what you mean but I look at it the same as distressing and bbq. You cant have 2 perks giving points post trial otherwise it's be way too many. So one works during the trial and the other works after.

    It wont allow me to change autodidact btw

  • "Huntress Lullaby", "Beast Of Prey", "This Is Not Happening" and "Up The Ante" are my favorite buff

    "Devour Hope" is too strong for me

    About "Hex: The Third Seal", does the blindness stay forever after hooked?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    A lot of these are too powerful. Good concepts but they need a reduction in numbers. Devour Hope is too strong by 3 tokens not to spawn until 2, for instance. Open Handed stacks with others. If only two people carried it and all carried Kindred, you could see the killer for 48m around the hook. A SWF team of 4? 80m. That's insane.

    Kindred is already capped at 24m according to the wiki, btw.

  • I had an idea for Monstrous Shrine.

    Monstrous Shine:

    Each time a survivor enters the basement at least 28m away, The Entity blocks the entrance of the basement for 30/35/40 seconds and the survivors inside will not be able to leave until the duration has ended. If a survivor unhooks another survivor within the basement, the rescuer becomes injured but cannot be put into the Dying state. Any survivor that enters the basement will have their location revealed for 3 seconds. You are able to enter and exit the basement while it is blocked.

    This is to prevent anyone from exiting freely if you are across the map by the time they get the save. I feel like this would be balanced, as survivors can heal by the time you get back to the basement. By blocking the basement, the Entity blocks the sides of it as well (like in the shack, you can enter the basement 2 ways. The Entity blocks both of the ways you can get out).

  • "Buffing useless Perks"

    *sees Devour Hope*

    1.png


  • @yes said:

    I had an idea for Monstrous Shrine.

    Monstrous Shine:

    Each time a survivor enters the basement at least 28m away, The Entity blocks the entrance of the basement for 30/35/40 seconds and the survivors inside will not be able to leave until the duration has ended. If a survivor unhooks another survivor within the basement, the rescuer becomes injured but cannot be put into the Dying state. Any survivor that enters the basement will have their location revealed for 3 seconds. You are able to enter and exit the basement while it is blocked.

    This is to prevent anyone from exiting freely if you are across the map by the time they get the save. I feel like this would be balanced, as survivors can heal by the time you get back to the basement. By blocking the basement, the Entity blocks the sides of it as well (like in the shack, you can enter the basement 2 ways. The Entity blocks both of the ways you can get out).

    Sorry but no lol being trapped in the basement for 40 seconds would make me dc. I'd stop playing this game if it was buffed that much.

    Just imagine a leatherface or hillbilly with this perk and you'd realise how extremely strong it is.

  • @Boss said:

    "Buffing useless Perks"

    *sees Devour Hope*

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/884/WVMFEQP2NH2Y.png

    To be fair it is pretty useless at the minute, don't remember the last time I've faced a killer who got 3 tokens on it. Same with lullaby, they get destroyed before anything happens to it.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/393926#Comment_393926

    To be fair it is pretty useless at the minute, don't remember the last time I've faced a killer who got 3 tokens on it. Same with lullaby, they get destroyed before anything happens to it.

    That's what commonly happens, not what always happens.

    One can consider a Perk that only works every now and then useless, more than fine by me.

    But by the true definition, it's not useless.

    Heck, just having someone spend time on cleansing the thing makes it have SOME use.


    And i build my Killer specifically on making Devour Hope happen.

    Naturally i suffer from its weakness and too often of bad spawns, but it's not near useless.

  • I really like the idea of buffing sub-par perks to increase perk diversity. Some feedback I have on ones I don't really agree with:

    Monstrous Shrine: The problem with this perk are the effects in general. Combining the two useless effects won't really do much for it. It needs a full rework.

    TTS: The changes would just increase the gap between solo and SWF survivor. Uncounterable blindness that doesn't allow aura perks would make solo survivor dreadful, and have little effect on SWF. Blindness needs to be able to be countered in some way because of this.

    Open Handed: Having it not affect your teammates is honestly a huge nerf. The perk itself has some good uses already when combined with Kindred where your teammates can see the killer when they're 24m away from you. This perk is fine the way it is, it's just super niche.

    Autodidact: I think the perk is fine as is, it just needs to have another perk that increases skill check chances instead. Loading that effect onto the perk makes it a bit too easy to hit those 5 stacks I think, especially when that percentage you suggested will be slingshotting skillchecks at you every other second or so at a 75% increased rate.

    I think the rest are good though, especially No One Left Behind.

  • Great suggestions!


    I feel like Monstrous Shrine and Territorial Imperative should be combined.


    The *new* Territorial Imperative would be "Any time a Survivor begins to cleanse a totem, their aura is revealed for 3/4/5 seconds."


    It'd have great synergy for Huntress Lullaby since it's a Huntress perk. But clearly it would be great for any Hex.

  • Where's Boil Over? lol

  • @DexyIV said:

    I really like the idea of buffing sub-par perks to increase perk diversity. Some feedback I have on ones I don't really agree with:

    Monstrous Shrine: The problem with this perk are the effects in general. Combining the two useless effects won't really do much for it. It needs a full rework.

    TTS: The changes would just increase the gap between solo and SWF survivor. Uncounterable blindness that doesn't allow aura perks would make solo survivor dreadful, and have little effect on SWF. Blindness needs to be able to be countered in some way because of this.

    Open Handed: Having it not affect your teammates is honestly a huge nerf. The perk itself has some good uses already when combined with Kindred where your teammates can see the killer when they're 24m away from you. This perk is fine the way it is, it's just super niche.

    Autodidact: I think the perk is fine as is, it just needs to have another perk that increases skill check chances instead. Loading that effect onto the perk makes it a bit too easy to hit those 5 stacks I think, especially when that percentage you suggested will be slingshotting skillchecks at you every other second or so at a 75% increased rate.

    I think the rest are good though, especially No One Left Behind.

    I tried to change autodidact to 10/15/20% but wouldn't allow me to edit it for some reason. I'll try it again tomorrow

    When it comes to monstrous shrine though I think it actually now can work properly as a basement build. Most basement builds include iron grasp, agitation, mad grit and either of the Territorial or Monstrous. It won't be strong by any means but at least it can actually be used in a build of some sort.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    Where's Boil Over? lol

    I see some people use it which is why I didn't add it here. It isn't great to be fair at high ranks but it may be good with the new flip flop perk if the killer slugs a bit first.

  • Hey, what about Unrelenting?

    Unless you train to predict Dead Hard, it's pretty much ehh.

  • autodidact isn't subpar, it heavily counters anti-healing builds

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    Great suggestions!

    I feel like Monstrous Shrine and Territorial Imperative should be combined.

    The *new* Territorial Imperative would be "Any time a Survivor begins to cleanse a totem, their aura is revealed for 3/4/5 seconds."

    It'd have great synergy for Huntress Lullaby since it's a Huntress perk. But clearly it would be great for any Hex.

    Yea Territorial imperative needs changed but your suggestion is a weaker thrill of the hunt.

    I'd personally remove monstrous shrine and combine it with territorial imperative. The new territorial would be the two perks combined.

  • @Boss said:

    Hey, what about Unrelenting?

    Unless you train to predict Dead Hard, it's pretty much ehh.

    Yea it's very bad but it is good for new players who aren't great at the game. I find it hard to buff because it could quite easily become really strong

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/394057#Comment_394057

    Yea it's very bad but it is good for new players who aren't great at the game. I find it hard to buff because it could quite easily become really strong

    Fair enough.

  • Autodidact would've become the new meta if thanatophobia buff went through but as said, devs are too afraid for real changes.

  • This Is Not Happening should just get a buff to the size of the skill check to make it more of a counter to Ruin. I think increasing the gain from greats wouldn't really make it that useful.

    Beast Of Prey should give 100% BP in Hunting at all tiers.

  • Third Seal would be OP against solo players who wouldn't be able to get rid of it and they already have a hard enough time. SWF would completely destroy you despite it.

    I would have no problem making Hex totems only light once their purpose requirement was met.

  • Thing is, many ppl are leaving the game because this game is going WAY to tryhard right now. Solo and imperfect survivors get absolutely #########, literally 90% of the killer roster is worthless against anybody worth his salt in looping.

    We don't need more perks that break r1 even more while doing jackshit for lowranks.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    This Is Not Happening should just get a buff to the size of the skill check to make it more of a counter to Ruin. I think increasing the gain from greats wouldn't really make it that useful.

    Beast Of Prey should give 100% BP in Hunting at all tiers.

    I was thinking of buffing it more but killer mains would go mad. Ruin doesn't last long as it is so people wouldn't be happy.

  • @projecteulogy said:

    Third Seal would be OP against solo players who wouldn't be able to get rid of it and they already have a hard enough time. SWF would completely destroy you despite it.

    I would have no problem making Hex totems only light once their purpose requirement was met.

    Yea I wasnt sure how to buff Third Seal. How can a blindness perk effect a SWF team? Can't really buff the perk without increasing the gap between SWF and solo players. I just wanted to make it last longer than it currently does.

  • @MhhBurgers said:

    Thing is, many ppl are leaving the game because this game is going WAY to tryhard right now. Solo and imperfect survivors get absolutely #########, literally 90% of the killer roster is worthless against anybody worth his salt in looping.

    We don't need more perks that break r1 even more while doing jackshit for lowranks.

    Yea the game is way to try hard. That's why nerfing meta perks does nothing but create new meta perks. This list was to hopefully make people think of trying something new.

  • So is hangmans trick ok? I think so far it's the only perk alongside huntress lullaby that no one has said about changing.

  • 5 or 8 perk slots is better

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/394070#Comment_394070

    So is hangmans trick ok? I think so far it's the only perk alongside huntress lullaby that no one has said about changing.

    It seems weak to me.

    Granted, that weakness only stems from almost no one using Sabo effectively.


    Lullaby just shouldn't be a Hex Perk.

    Maybe raise the amount of Tokens needed to make the noise disappear, but it doesn't need to be a Hex.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/394399#Comment_394399

    It seems weak to me.

    Granted, that weakness only stems from almost no one using Sabo effectively.

    Lullaby just shouldn't be a Hex Perk.

    Maybe raise the amount of Tokens needed to make the noise disappear, but it doesn't need to be a Hex.

    Yea it isn't strong because of the fact no one sabo really. But if you saw a full team of toolboxes then at least this perk may be more useful than what it was.

    I don't know how it'd work if it wasn't a hex perk. It works well once a token has been earned but the problem I have with it is that it can be destroyed before even being used.

    Maybe have it that once the hex is destroyed then you can't gain anymore tokens but you don't lose the tokens you've earned.