Vacuum Hooking is still a thing

Ranting a bit because having a Killer drag me to the basement, wiggle till I have a blip of wiggle bar and get sucked onto the Hook :/

Comments

  • Git gud.

    Survivors have window vacuum so until that's removed I'd like to keep the hook vacuum.

  • You know why there’s a vacuum? Boil over. You want a pixel perfect hook trigger? Do you not know that it wouldn’t be fun to sit there for several seconds trying to hook someone on a very small trigger area when all the hooks are broken?


    Are you well?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Those aren't hook vacuums. It's the game adjusting the killer in a position that's facing the hook directly to start the hook animation properly. It looks odd on the survivor's side but it's perfectly fine on the killer side.

    Fair enough, just so damn janky :/


    Also LOL @tt_ivi_99A you lot still on that 2007 response? Git new material ;]

  • Feel free to advocate any directional hooking if you hate the hooking animation lining up so much.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/386756#Comment_386756

    Fair enough, just so damn janky :/

    Also LOL @tt_ivi_99A you lot still on that 2007 response? Git new material ;]

    @Nikkiwhat

    You know, if it aint broke dont fix it...

  • Next thing we gonna see is take away the killer's ability to hook. Only have it available once every 3 minutes. Let's make it happen devs!

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    Next thing we gonna see is take away the killer's ability to hook. Only have it available once every 3 minutes. Let's make it happen devs!

    Ooh knee-jerk reaction that has no substance or actual worth! You win 200 points for a combo *pats gently*

  • New Patch 4.20

    • Fixed an issue that allowed the killers to hook
    • Fixed an issue that allowed the killers to attack
    • Fixed an issue that allowed the killers to spawn
    • Fixed an iss- Screw it. Fixed an issue that allowed the killer to even make a match.

    /s

  • @Shad03 said:

    New Patch 4.20

    • Fixed an issue that allowed the killers to hook
    • Fixed an issue that allowed the killers to attack
    • Fixed an issue that allowed the killers to spawn
    • Fixed an iss- Screw it. Fixed an issue that allowed the killer to even make a match.

    /s

    *eats popcorn*

  • @Nikkiwhat

    *slurps survivor pudding* Mmm. Salty. Want some? Got extra.

  • @Shad03 said:

    @Nikkiwhat

    *slurps survivor pudding* Mmm. Salty. Want some? Got extra.

    *attaches award winning Chili* Goes well I'd say

  • Mm. Quite.

    And uh, besides the sarcasm, while I do understand your plight (I've been at 100% JUST as the killer made it to a hook many times), if the feature was removed, survivors will find a way to exploit it.

    Body blocking (when you are the killer trying to hook someone) is already annoying enough. Now imagine trying to do that, while survivors were actively aware of what position you had to be in to start hooking.

  • Killers have hook vacuum, Survivors have unhook from any side.

  • @Boss said:

    Killers have hook vacuum, Survivors have unhook from any side.

    @Boss To be fair that was because of face campers. Back when it actually meant standing right in front of the survivor with no conceivable way to save the poor sucker.

  • @Shad03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387962#Comment_387962

    @Boss To be fair that was because of face campers. Back when it actually meant standing right in front of the survivor with no conceivable way to save the poor sucker.

    Yet so much time have passed and Killers cant hook from multiple sides, therefore we have this "hook vacuum".

    What people dont realise is that there is no such thing as hook vacuum. Its just latency where the Killer got to the hook first before the Survivor wiggled off. The vacuum we see is just the Killer's hooking animation adapting to the hook position. If Killers were able to hook from multiple sides, there wouldnt be a need for it.

    People would still complain though, because they would not be facing the animation adaptation, and they would still get hooked even without this "vacuum".

  • @Shad03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387949#Comment_387949

    Mm. Quite.

    And uh, besides the sarcasm, while I do understand your plight (I've been at 100% JUST as the killer made it to a hook many times), if the feature was removed, survivors will find a way to exploit it.

    Body blocking (when you are the killer trying to hook someone) is already annoying enough. Now imagine trying to do that, while survivors were actively aware of what position you had to be in to start hooking.

    I enjoy some playful sarcasm back n forth 💀💜


    I just hate how it gives me false hope on the occasions it looks like I'll wiggle off and that last damn pixel/blip :[ I'd just like better visual information.


    Also major luls at people thinking Im asking for Killer nerfs...When I actually main Killer xD

  • @tt_ivi_99 Sure survivors have window vacuum but us killers can literally hit them through everything at the moment.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Git gud.

    Survivors have window vacuum so until that's removed I'd like to keep the hook vacuum.

    Can't you hit survivors through the windows? Or is it the climbing through/walking around that bothers you?

  • @Shad03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/387962#Comment_387962

    @Boss To be fair that was because of face campers. Back when it actually meant standing right in front of the survivor with no conceivable way to save the poor sucker.

    What it was implemented for doesn't deny both sides have something now involving (un)hooking.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Git gud.

    Survivors have window vacuum so until that's removed I'd like to keep the hook vacuum.

    The hell is this window vacuum you speak of? As many times as I've been hit through the window while vaulting....

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Git gud.

    Survivors have window vacuum so until that's removed I'd like to keep the hook vacuum.

    Yeahh umm the survivor window vacuum is nullified by the fact that killers are favored by lag.

  • Hit through a void in a wall. What is happening to this game Devs!?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/386757#Comment_386757

    Yeahh umm the survivor window vacuum is nullified by the fact that killers are favored by lag.

    @dnj510 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/386757#Comment_386757

    The hell is this window vacuum you speak of? As many times as I've been hit through the window while vaulting....

    @Bithard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/386757#Comment_386757

    Can't you hit survivors through the windows? Or is it the climbing through/walking around that bothers you?

    @Mashtyx1 said:

    @tt_ivi_99 Sure survivors have window vacuum but us killers can literally hit them through everything at the moment.

    Sometimes I question myself if some survivors actually know how broken survivor sided is...

    You can spam the action button so that you get sucked by the window as soon as you get inside the area to do the animation (there is an area in which you can press the action button before the warning to activate it even shows up) Im talking about fast vaults you smart guys, you can get a sprint provided by the vacuum and fast vault the window even if you are meant to do a slow vault.

    You can not hit any survivor if their feet lands after a fast vault unless you have like 150+ ping, something that'll get even more consistent after dedicated servers arrive.

  • "Hook vacuum" is something made up by survivor mains to defend their "pallet vacuum".

    It never was a real thing, just animations getting lined up to look smooth.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Git gud.

    Survivors have window vacuum so until that's removed I'd like to keep the hook vacuum.

    The same vacuum that let's killer hit me after I vault? Yeah that works pretty good job so far.