No stream or something else today because they are scared

Thats what i think, they are scared to get all the complains in chat.

They want to calm the waters before do something with us

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • I think they've gone quiet mostly due to the leaks.

  • Did they say if the leaks were intentional yet?

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Did they say if the leaks were intentional yet?

    Highly doubtful. If you watch Paulie Esthers video he makes a good case that this is releasing soon and was probably meant to be announced at Pax.

    Unfortunately it also means that it's far too late for MoM to be changed. DS is back.

  • I think the chapter has been excepted very well actually.... so I dont see why complaints would keep em away.....


    It might be because of the leaks... everyone is fairly excited about the possible evil dead chapter coming so how are they even going to attempt to explain the current chapter when everyone is pretty excited about possibly next chapter

  • They aren't doing weekly streams anymore

  • @The_Crusader The thing is, MoM will likely be much easier to deal with than DS pre patch. I understand that MoM is a extra chance, however it makes you the obsession and reveals your aura without showing you the killers aura. This leaves the perk vulnerable to Rancor. Furthermore, if squads stack this perk then killers can easily run NOED and stomp everyone into the dirt with insta-downs and aura reveals at the end.

    I won't lie, I'm not stoked that survivors are getting another second chance perk. My reaction has the same enthusiasm that most survivors share when they hear about a new killer perk that shows survivor auras.

    That being said, I can't help but feel like this perk will somehow be more balanced.

  • For a lot of things

    Ds rework

    Bt broken

    MoM too op

    Disconnects every game

    Loading screen infinite

    Etc

  • @Peasant said:

    @The_Crusader The thing is, MoM will likely be much easier to deal with than DS pre patch. I understand that MoM is a extra chance, however it makes you the obsession and reveals your aura without showing you the killers aura. This leaves the perk vulnerable to Rancor. Furthermore, if squads stack this perk then killers can easily run NOED and stomp everyone into the dirt with insta-downs and aura reveals at the end.

    I won't lie, I'm not stoked that survivors are getting another second chance perk. My reaction has the same enthusiasm that most survivors share when they hear about a new killer perk that shows survivor auras.

    That being said, I can't help but feel like this perk will somehow be more balanced.

    But the vast majority of the time, when the aura reading activates they will be on death hook anyway.

    . 2 hits - hook

    . unhooked - healed

    . Hit them once perk activates, hit them again, doesn't count, continue chase and down them. Hook them.

    .Unhooked - healed. Now the aura reading activates.

    That's how it usually goes. So Rancor gives you nothing but an instadown on 1 person. Might as well just take NOED and instadown the whole team.

    Plus who in their right mind is going to waste time healing on the last hook when the killer has Rancor? If you use Rancor I can guarentee anyone who isn't a potato is never going to heal and give you the aura reading.

    Not only that but survivors can counterplay the killer in general...

    1) By the time the perk is active it will be late-game anyway. Just rush the last gen or two while injured, then use adrenaline to heal. Now you just gotta evade for 20 seconds until the doors open.

    2) Most importantly, heal yourself to 99%. Killer can't see your aura. If they find you then tap heal and you're back to full health. Doesn't matter about aura reading now because they found you anyway.

    I mean experienced survivors could just combine it with an instaheal and dead hard anyway. Take a hit to acticate it, dead hard the next, instaheal, take a hit, next hit doesn't count, aura reading doesnt matter anyway because the killer is already chasing you, toxic players can use it to loop babykillers all game.

    I'd say it's worse than DS. At least you could dribble DS. Or they could miss the skillcheck. There's no way to avoid this outside of using Billy or Huntress and M2'ing them only all game.

    It goes further. A perk to lessen the impact of DS was Enduring. Throw it on and it works straight away and shortens the stun. The counter perk to this is Save the best for last, a perk where you need to build up tokens first for it to work. But you'll be losing tokens hitting the obsession anyway.

    I feel thst like DS this is another perk where once again you're best off just ignoring the obsession all game. The only positive from this is that you don't get that horrible feeling of being stunned.

    We still don't know how the non-obsession versions work but I imagine it can't be good for killers.

  • You guys all complain for the sake of complaining. Overall... this has been a strong update. Really sucks that Thanatophobia didn't go through,a nd the description is F'd... but overall I'm happy with it.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/377946#Comment_377946

    But the vast majority of the time, when the aura reading activates they will be on death hook anyway.

    . 2 hits - hook

    . unhooked - healed

    . Hit them once perk activates, hit them again, doesn't count, continue chase and down them. Hook them.

    .Unhooked - healed. Now the aura reading activates.

    That's how it usually goes. So Rancor gives you nothing but an instadown on 1 person. Might as well just take NOED and instadown the whole team.

    Plus who in their right mind is going to waste time healing on the last hook when the killer has Rancor? If you use Rancor I can guarentee anyone who isn't a potato is never going to heal and give you the aura reading.

    Not only that but survivors can counterplay the killer in general...

    1) By the time the perk is active it will be late-game anyway. Just rush the last gen or two while injured, then use adrenaline to heal. Now you just gotta evade for 20 seconds until the doors open.

    2) Most importantly, heal yourself to 99%. Killer can't see your aura. If they find you then tap heal and you're back to full health. Doesn't matter about aura reading now because they found you anyway.

    I mean experienced survivors could just combine it with an instaheal and dead hard anyway. Take a hit to acticate it, dead hard the next, instaheal, take a hit, next hit doesn't count, aura reading doesnt matter anyway because the killer is already chasing you, toxic players can use it to loop babykillers all game.

    I'd say it's worse than DS. At least you could dribble DS. Or they could miss the skillcheck. There's no way to avoid this outside of using Billy or Huntress and M2'ing them only all game.

    It goes further. A perk to lessen the impact of DS was Enduring. Throw it on and it works straight away and shortens the stun. The counter perk to this is Save the best for last, a perk where you need to build up tokens first for it to work. But you'll be losing tokens hitting the obsession anyway.

    I feel thst like DS this is another perk where once again you're best off just ignoring the obsession all game. The only positive from this is that you don't get that horrible feeling of being stunned.

    We still don't know how the non-obsession versions work but I imagine it can't be good for killers.

    MY EYES

    (I scrolled down too fast when I went to the bottom and it hurt)

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:

    You guys all complain for the sake of complaining. Overall... this has been a strong update. Really sucks that Thanatophobia didn't go through,a nd the description is F'd... but overall I'm happy with it.

    If in future thanato get buffed again i think no one will use selfcare or heal each others. And playing in solo will be more hard, injured=no saves and 5m trial.

    We need more things to do, more objective,

    40 or more seconds to heal its ridiculous

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Did they say if the leaks were intentional yet?

    This.

  • I wouldn't want to stream either if there is constant complaining, especially about things for which there hasn't even been a PTB and people are already taking the word ''OP'' in their mouth.

  • Streams are not weekly and haven't been for quite a while. Typically we'll do a stream when we have some news to announce. The last one was just before the plague PTB and there's not really anything else to announce at this time. Being scared has nothing to do with it, it would just be rehashing the previous stream and also adding, "By the way, there's a couple bugs, we know, we're going to fix them. There's also feedback and we see it." It would just be a waste of everyone's time.

  • I think mostly the preparation for PAX East is the main reason, why they went silent. And maybe the leak, because it messed with their marketing. Complains are not the reason. We had similar complaints after patchs before. They never shied away from an activity, so. We are fine.

  • "Unfortunately it also means that it's far too late for MoM to be changed. DS is back."

    @The_Crusader

    What are you basing this on? I guarantee they always have plenty of perk ideas. Regardless.. maybe they don't want to change it or maybe they'll come up with a fair and easy tweak.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    "Unfortunately it also means that it's far too late for MoM to be changed. DS is back."

    @The_Crusader

    What are you basing this on? I guarantee they always have plenty of perk ideas. Regardless.. maybe they don't want to change it or maybe they'll come up with a fair and easy tweak.

    Paulie Ester made a good case in a recent video for the dlc being just a few weeks away.

    The latest patch has these perks fully working, with icons, description etc ready to go.

    It's possible there could be a tweak or two between now and then but it's highly doubtful anything is going to change massively. There simply isn't the time.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/378225#Comment_378225

    Paulie Ester made a good case in a recent video for the dlc being just a few weeks away.

    The latest patch has these perks fully working, with icons, description etc ready to go.

    It's possible there could be a tweak or two between now and then but it's highly doubtful anything is going to change massively. There simply isn't the time.

    Im pretty sure will be released in 4 weeks in the live version directly

    Its only a survivor and 3 perks so probably we dont have to try massive changes

  • There's a lot of sh*t that's been happening. People are up in arms over the perks and next chapter being revealed. A huge amount of bugs have appeared over the past 2 days (none of which I have experienced, however). They're probably busy.

  • I haven't even gotten Jane to P3 yet and people are already saying it's in a few weeks.

  • Anyone else think the Ash perk "leaks" were a test to see how ridiculously overhyped the community would get about things that arent even out, while lessening the complaints and fervor of what we currently JUST got? Seen so many posts about the perks that arent even released, and so many less about Head On being op, or the like.


    Like I'm aware people enjoy this dlc more than legion, but the amount of toxicity around this dlc is far less than the usual backlash of topics.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Anyone else think the Ash perk "leaks" were a test to see how ridiculously overhyped the community would get about things that arent even out, while lessening the complaints and fervor of what we currently JUST got? Seen so many posts about the perks that arent even released, and so many less about Head On being op, or the like.

    Like I'm aware people enjoy this dlc more than legion, but the amount of toxicity around this dlc is far less than the usual backlash of topics.

    Doubtfull, it's most likely an accident. It draws away attention from the new content. And that's mostly bad from a marketing standpoint. Besides that there was no reason to believe that the DLCs might come with an unusual amount of complaints about the new content, etc.

  • If it was leaked intentionally I doubt it was just to distract from current issues. I see it more as a way to drum up interest in them at pax.

    Also I think the no stream is because they dont have answers for any of the current issues. Why inflame people more by saying they have no idea what to do that will make people happy or give a platitude of having ideas and a fix 'soon'?

    Their streams always have been and always will be solely done for marketing and sales purposes. Expect the next one around the time they have content to sell.

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    I haven't even gotten Jane to P3 yet and people are already saying it's in a few weeks.

    Its a survivor only dlc and the perks are ready too, thats why we are saying in few weeks

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Anyone else think the Ash perk "leaks" were a test to see how ridiculously overhyped the community would get about things that arent even out, while lessening the complaints and fervor of what we currently JUST got? Seen so many posts about the perks that arent even released, and so many less about Head On being op, or the like.

    Like I'm aware people enjoy this dlc more than legion, but the amount of toxicity around this dlc is far less than the usual backlash of topics.

    Probably because it was discussed the other week in the ptb.

    There's nothing bad aboht this chapter, bugs aside. Nothing to get annoyed about imo.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/378309#Comment_378309

    Probably because it was discussed the other week in the ptb.

    There's nothing bad aboht this chapter, bugs aside. Nothing to get annoyed about imo.

    I agree, I enjoy the chapter. But a few days ago I saw people FURIOUS that plague cant move fullspeed with her power charged. And the ss change.

    Just seemed odd that people calmed down so fast.

  • @Peanits said:

    Streams are not weekly and haven't been for quite a while. Typically we'll do a stream when we have some news to announce. The last one was just before the plague PTB and there's not really anything else to announce at this time. Being scared has nothing to do with it, it would just be rehashing the previous stream and also adding, "By the way, there's a couple bugs, we know, we're going to fix them. There's also feedback and we see it." It would just be a waste of everyone's time.

    How do you have no news? Nothing on freddy? Nothing on legion? Literally nothing?


    Waiting until the PTB to share anything is inefficient. Your development team should hire an agile consultant.

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/378181#Comment_378181

    How do you have no news? Nothing on freddy? Nothing on legion? Literally nothing?

    Waiting until the PTB to share anything is inefficient. Your development team should hire an agile consultant.

    We don't reveal information until it is locked down. There's a lot of concepts and discussions going on at any given time and announcing something early just leads to disappointment if those changes don't end up going through. You could see that with the decisive strike changes that were originally showed about a year ago. Those changes ended up not working out and left a lot of people disappointed.

    We've also started to do news posts and other activities when we don't have anything to announce. This way you don't have to watch an hour long stream to find the one bit of news, you can just read about the changes whenever you feel like.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/378225#Comment_378225

    Paulie Ester made a good case in a recent video for the dlc being just a few weeks away.

    The latest patch has these perks fully working, with icons, description etc ready to go.

    It's possible there could be a tweak or two between now and then but it's highly doubtful anything is going to change massively. There simply isn't the time.

    Actually somewhat incorrect. Buckle Up is not working 100% correctly from my experience, specifically the "aura intensity" part of it. Though the rest of the perk and the other 2 work as expected.

    Also we only got to see the survivor stuff, nothing about the killer. I highly doubt an Evil Dead chapter would only be a survivor, considering how many awesome options they have for killers. Chances are the survivor side is mostly "content complete" but the fact we have nothing on killer side suggests the chapter itself is a ways off. I could be wrong, but if the chapter was indeed content complete I would bet that we would have seen killer perks too. Probably even some hint at the map.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/378234#Comment_378234

    Actually somewhat incorrect. Buckle Up is not working 100% correctly from my experience, specifically the "aura intensity" part of it. Though the rest of the perk and the other 2 work as expected.

    Also we only got to see the survivor stuff, nothing about the killer. I highly doubt an Evil Dead chapter would only be a survivor, considering how many awesome options they have for killers. Chances are the survivor side is mostly "content complete" but the fact we have nothing on killer side suggests the chapter itself is a ways off. I could be wrong, but if the chapter was indeed content complete I would bet that we would have seen killer perks too. Probably even some hint at the map.

    Unfortunately, we do have to consider that may do a "Paragraph" for ash, much like LF. I hope not, but they may very well have the rights to Ash/Bruce, but not the franchise or its antagonists.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/378234#Comment_378234

    Actually somewhat incorrect. Buckle Up is not working 100% correctly from my experience, specifically the "aura intensity" part of it. Though the rest of the perk and the other 2 work as expected.

    Also we only got to see the survivor stuff, nothing about the killer. I highly doubt an Evil Dead chapter would only be a survivor, considering how many awesome options they have for killers. Chances are the survivor side is mostly "content complete" but the fact we have nothing on killer side suggests the chapter itself is a ways off. I could be wrong, but if the chapter was indeed content complete I would bet that we would have seen killer perks too. Probably even some hint at the map.

    A perk not working correctly is just par for the course for DBD ๐Ÿ˜„

    It sounds like it's coming pretty soon. I doubt they would release 2 killers back-to-back so it may indeed just be a survivor. We will have to wait and see I guess.