Wait was Spirit actually nerfed?!?!

Is it true that she now emits a sound when she starts phase walking to the survivor too? ######### thats just basically killed her, I can't see her being viable. Dear god, now she'll be so effortless to predict as survivor. @Peanits is this intended or a bug? Because it will suck if it's intended.

Someone test this for me pls.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Nothing in the patch notes mentions that the spirit has been changed (there's one change that allows her to use her power while blind), so it wouldn't appear to be intentional. It could just be a bug. If anyone has a clip of the sound you're talking about, I will pass it on to the team.

  • Sadly I’m on PS4 but you go rogue and proud!

  • Sadly I’m on PS4 but you go rogue and proud!

  • People seem to be confusing "sounds" here.

    What people complain about: The finger crackling sound that plays when you start phasing being heard by Survivors.

    What people are confusing this with: The vacuum sound that plays while phasing.

  • @Peanits said:

    Nothing in the patch notes mentions that the spirit has been changed (there's one change that allows her to use her power while blind), so it wouldn't appear to be intentional. It could just be a bug. If anyone has a clip of the sound you're talking about, I will pass it on to the team.

    Thank you @Peanits you're actually the best. I can't get a clip because I've been on console for a while, @The_Crusader or @thesuicidefox can you provide a clip?

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373454#Comment_373454

    Thank you @Peanits you're actually the best. I can't get a clip because I've been on console for a while, @The_Crusader or @thesuicidefox can you provide a clip?

    I thought you were on pc. My username is TreemanXD

  • Gladly, I'll be taking on every killer and bullying Spirits.

  • Please let this ######### be a bug. Spirit is one of the most balanced Killers in the game. She doesn’t need any ######### nerfs.

  • I play xbox a lot too. It's because they fixed the FPS. Your account works on xbox?

  • Most likely a bug, which means we probably have to wait til the next mid chapter patch.

    Obligatory REEEEEEEEE.

  • @Poweas when someone says console I just assume PS4. XD nope I don’t even have it on Xbox

  • Welp, another shadownerf to add to the list.

    BTW, she was always meme tier. You can clearly hear her footsteps when she's phasing.

  • @GrootDude said:

    @Poweas when someone says console I just assume PS4. XD nope I don’t even have it on Xbox

    Awww, we'd be such a good toxic duo. I'll probably get the next playstation they release... until then my friend...

  • @KingB said:

    Most likely a bug, which means we probably have to wait til the next mid chapter patch.

    Obligatory REEEEEEEEE.

    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

  • @Acromio said:

    Welp, another shadownerf to add to the list.

    BTW, she was always meme tier. You can clearly hear her footsteps when she's phasing.

    She used to be superior to Nurse, your facing bad ones.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373484#Comment_373484

    Awww, we'd be such a good toxic duo. I'll probably get the next playstation they release... until then my friend...

    Until then. *cry*

  • Okay it seems inconsistent. There is definitely a new sound effect on Spirit's end when you start the phase walk (it happens at the end of the activation phase, it sounds like a window breaking instead of just glass cracking). My friend said he did not hear it at all until he was right next to me. Still testing we had some connection issues.

  • This absolutely sucked the fun right out of my heart for this game........ tell me this is bug

  • @Acromio said:

    Welp, another shadownerf to add to the list.

    BTW, she was always meme tier. You can clearly hear her footsteps when she's phasing.

    Are you using military grade headphones? I’ve never heard her footsteps when she’s phasing. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that they hear Spirit’s footsteps while phasing.

    Also, is any Killer not named Nurse or even Billy meme tier to you?


    @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373487#Comment_373487

    She used to be superior to Nurse, your facing bad ones.

    Superior to Nurse? I always saw Spirit as slightly weaker than Nurse because you can’t phase walk through a wall or pallet.

  • @Peanits said:

    Nothing in the patch notes mentions that the spirit has been changed (there's one change that allows her to use her power while blind), so it wouldn't appear to be intentional. It could just be a bug. If anyone has a clip of the sound you're talking about, I will pass it on to the team.

    @Peanits said:

    Nothing in the patch notes mentions that the spirit has been changed (there's one change that allows her to use her power while blind), so it wouldn't appear to be intentional. It could just be a bug. If anyone has a clip of the sound you're talking about, I will pass it on to the team.

    What I experienced while playing.

    https://youtu.be/QPD6Mk8PZPc

    I heard multiple sounds activating and while phased as well as a loud sound when vaulting. Take it for what you will, but I do not recall Spirit being this loud so often

  • Please don't panic. It's just a bug. It should be fixed by the end of the year.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373454#Comment_373454

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373454#Comment_373454

    What I experienced while playing.

    https://youtu.be/QPD6Mk8PZPc

    I heard multiple sounds activating and while phased as well as a loud sound when vaulting. Take it for what you will, but I do not recall Spirit being this loud so often

    That's so strange, those sounds weren't even used before. Did they make them for this nerf? This all seems so odd.

  • God im so mad about it. I hope it's a bug but those sounds are strange. I think it's intended.

  • @Poweas said:

    God im so mad about it. I hope it's a bug but those sounds are strange. I think it's intended.

    There was a bug on PTB. The sound she hears upon breaking into Phase Walk sprint occasionally played very loudly, like an explosion almost. Might be related.

  • @Poweas said:

    God im so mad about it. I hope it's a bug but those sounds are strange. I think it's intended.

    I think it is too, There's no way this is a bug.

    Looking over the video it seems they added sounds that weren't in the game before for when she enters/exits phase walk and when she vaults.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373487#Comment_373487

    Are you using military grade headphones? I’ve never heard her footsteps when she’s phasing. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that they hear Spirit’s footsteps while phasing.

    Also, is any Killer not named Nurse or even Billy meme tier to you?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373492#Comment_373492

    Superior to Nurse? I always saw Spirit as slightly weaker than Nurse because you can’t phase walk through a wall or pallet.

    About the footsteps, yes, they are audible. They are like thumps on the ground (even though she doesnt walk like that). You can also hear Wraith while cloaked that way.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373410#Comment_373410

    If it isn't, I won't touch killer again until she's compensated.

    Indeed.... it's wrong to do Rin this way..... I cant see the devs doing this intentionally... if they can leak perks this could have slipped through as well..... until its confirmed... I'm jotting it up as a bug..

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373544#Comment_373544

    I think it is too, There's no way this is a bug.

    Looking over the video it seems they added sounds that weren't in the game before for when she enters/exits phase walk and when she vaults.

    They might have been from when she was new actually but I highly doubt it.

  • Tested some more. There is a sound survivors can hear when the Spirit is phase walking but it's not consistent at all. Sometimes it happens on activation, sometimes in the middle of phase walk, sometimes when coming out of phase walk, and most of the time not at all. I'm almost positive this is a bug now. I'm trying Prayer Beads to see if it's more consistent.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Tested some more. There is a sound survivors can hear when the Spirit is phase walking but it's not consistent at all. Sometimes it happens on activation, sometimes in the middle of phase walk, sometimes when coming out of phase walk, and most of the time not at all. I'm almost positive this is a bug now. I'm trying Prayer Beads to see if it's more consistent.

    You are the best. Thank you so much.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373565#Comment_373565

    They might have been from when she was new actually but I highly doubt it.

    Like this was an earlier version of her that somehow got placed in the update? That's the only explanation I can come up with but she still has all the changes that she had previous patch which makes me think this was an active decision to add the sounds without telling anyone.

  • where did the sounds come from? the glass wasn't there at the end of phase animation before, and it's loud.

  • Yo give me a moment, I'm gonna check this out

  • It seems to happen more often with Prayer Beads but there's still no consistency to it. My guess is it has something to do with the new sound occlusion and this new sound effect that happens at the end of phase walk activation on Spirit's side.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    where did the sounds come from? the glass wasn't there at the end of phase animation before, and it's loud.

    From what my friend is telling me it seems to come from the husk. But it's hard to tell since it's not at all consistent.

  • @Peanits said:

    Nothing in the patch notes mentions that the spirit has been changed (there's one change that allows her to use her power while blind), so it wouldn't appear to be intentional. It could just be a bug. If anyone has a clip of the sound you're talking about, I will pass it on to the team.

    Yeah theres just no way that the team would do anything to the spirit without letting us know in the patch notes...

  • Is it that sound? (plays first on the second phase attempt)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yWglgDUdnI

    I already noticed that on the PTB and informed a QA dev of it. It plays very inconsistently, but most often if you hold a movement button while charging Phase Walk and least often when starting from standstill.

  • WTH guys. She didn't get a nerf... This is just audio bug. I swear to god...

  • @GrootDude said:

    Was I the only one who could already tell when she started phasing?

    So it’s not just me! You can absolutely tell. Her hair will kinda “bounce” dunno how else to explain it, and sometimes her animation sorta resets.

    Also, NEVER EVER USE THE FROSTY EYES ON SPIRIT. THEY WILL TURN OFF, THEN SLOWLY TURN BACK ON WHEN PHASING.

    To counter ppl being able to just look at her and tell when she’s phasing, I will shake my head like I’m saying no and it seems to help with it. (Also when they catch on I can fake it and they’ll think I’m phasing and I can get a free hit)

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    Has to be a bug right?

    If they were going to nerf her they would've added it in the patch notes, Not to say they don't nerf/buff things without telling us because they do but something that we'd notice right away like this you'd think they would.

    Edit. never mind.

  • @blue4zion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373355#Comment_373355

    So it’s not just me! You can absolutely tell. Her hair will kinda “bounce” dunno how else to explain it, and sometimes her animation sorta resets.

    Also, NEVER EVER USE THE FROSTY EYES ON SPIRIT. THEY WILL TURN OFF, THEN SLOWLY TURN BACK ON WHEN PHASING.

    To counter ppl being able to just look at her and tell when she’s phasing, I will shake my head like I’m saying no and it seems to help with it. (Also when they catch on I can fake it and they’ll think I’m phasing and I can get a free hit)

    OMG thank you! It isn’t just me!😁

  • I mean if it just plays the sound when entering phase walk then can't you just start the phase walk and then cancel it before it finishes?

  • Wait wait I'm confused. Can you hear her phase when you are in her terror radius or did they do something else?

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    Wait wait I'm confused. Can you hear her phase when you are in her terror radius or did they do something else?

    If you're in spirits terror radius then you should have no idea if she's phase walking or not.

    Now there is a glass cracking sound when she starts phase walking. So survivors know its coming.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Tested some more. There is a sound survivors can hear when the Spirit is phase walking but it's not consistent at all. Sometimes it happens on activation, sometimes in the middle of phase walk, sometimes when coming out of phase walk, and most of the time not at all. I'm almost positive this is a bug now. I'm trying Prayer Beads to see if it's more consistent.

    Yeah the more I think about it this is deff a bug........ everyone remembers how the release went with Spirit.... theres just no way that bhvr would do this sort of change without letting us know

  • of course it's a bug, i mean we're talking about behaviour. this game is full of bugs after every update they do.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373784#Comment_373784

    If you're in spirits terror radius then you should have no idea if she's phase walking or not.

    Now there is a glass cracking sound when she starts phase walking. So survivors know its coming.

    Do you hear the glass anywhere on the map or do you need to be close to her?

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/373791#Comment_373791

    Do you hear the glass anywhere on the map or do you need to be close to her?

    Dunno but it definitely happens when your close to her. So now you know if she's actually phase walking or just faking it.

  • besides most survivors are too dumb to even hear this "change" in sound. You guys are soo so overreacting

1 2 3