Enduring will now affect the DS/Head on stun timer.

Personally I really like the new DS, because it is punishing the people who was over and over tunneling the one person, which was unfun though. But making the Enduring affects the new stun timer for DS will just make this perk useless in a lot scenerios, the stun will be around 1.5 second, so you will be away about 6 meters from the killer... Well. Just my opinion.

Comments

  • @Delfador said:

    @brokedownpalace It is that awful.

    You are forgetting the stagger survivor gets from rushing out of the locker and getting off of the killers' shoulder.

    Old ds 1 had 3 second stun timer and with enduring 3, this is the result.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7n9vug/enduring_3_vs_decisive_strike_1/

    Wrong. DS has been bugged for ages and currently stuns the Killer for 4.8-4.9 seconds on all Tiers without Enduring. Enduring shortened this to about 3 seconds.

  • I don't get that dev comment. Enduring already affects the current DS and also affected the PTB version and Head On.

  • Can we replace Head On with Dead On Arrival?

    Cause that's the feeling I'm getting with this perk.

  • @Ihatelife

    "Then stop tunneling?"

    Again a nice survivor meme.

    The same excuse came with Borrowed Time.

    "It only affects camper, so don't camp."

    But in reality there have been waaaaay to many situations where BT triggered without the killers fault and the same will happen to DS.

    Survivor do stupid plays and unsafe unhooks, just because they know they are protected by their crutch mechanics (DS, BT, free exhaustion relief, invu frames).

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Ihatelife

    "Then stop tunneling?"

    Again a nice survivor meme.

    The same excuse came with Borrowed Time.

    "It only affects camper, so don't camp."

    But in reality there have been waaaaay to many situations where BT triggered without the killers fault and the same will happen to DS.

    Survivor do stupid plays and unsafe unhooks, just because they know they are protected by their crutch mechanics (DS, BT, free exhaustion relief, invu frames).

    If I can win without tunneling, the rest players also can.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I think Enduring should affect the stun from Head On. Lockers keep getting buffed: they hide auras and now the breathing of survivors inside is less audible (I assume that's still going live), on top of already hiding survivors visually and protecting from Doc's madness. Hiding in lockers should have utility, but should hiding in a locker make survivors untouchable? Head On will let survivors jump out of a locker rather than being grabbed, and unless they're already injured they'll still be able to take two hits.

    I do not think Enduring should affect the stun from the new DS. If the stun is only 1.5 seconds, then DS is basically useless and won't help stop killers tunneling survivors. If the survivor uses DS, then they're already going to be injured while running away, so they're a one-hit down. It would be better to just equip other perks and hope your savior has Borrowed Time.

    I think they're making lockers stronger because they introduced Iron Maiden and people were like "lol, we're never in lockers" or something.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    Wow... this survivor logic… they get one of their most favorite perks buffed and complain about it being SOFT-countered IF all killer are using that one perk.

    It's a rework at best and a debuff at worst and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like DS @Wolf74 They made a perk that worked whenever only go off 60 seconds after a hook and reduced the base stun.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don't get how people complain about the downsides that come with getting off a killer's shoulder for free. Do you not realize how massive of a reward that perk offers?

    @EntityDispleased I wouldn't really consider it a free escape anymore as the killer has to tunnel the person for it to go off. It sounds like it's been tweaked to help solo survivors with bad team saves (you don't control what your team does in solo) and to take out some of the teeth of the perk. It'll become like Unbreakable and I wouldn't consider that a free get up or anything since the killer would have had to leave you on the ground for it to go off. 3 seconds is a good amount of time and I think that's the main concern. If Enduring made it shorter, you're likely to not get to anywhere.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365652#Comment_365652

    If I can win without tunneling, the rest players also can.

    @Ihatelife Don't change the subject. The point is that survivors claim new DS will only affect killers who tunnel, when the fact is, like BT, it'll affect anyone who happens to run into the same survivor within 60 seconds of them being unhooked. Since there are many vultures in the game, it's not at all surprising that a killer would do so just because the survivor was unhooked in their face.

  • @Ihatelife

    "If I can win without tunneling, the rest players also can."

    So... can draw really well… I mean like really well… so because I can, everyone can do it, right?


    Do you notice the problem with that logic?

    Even IF you can, that is not like a proof of balance.

    This is again the issue with "killer stuff should get balanced around the top player, while survivor stuff should get balanced around average player".

    It doesn't work. Balance doesn't work with different rules for both sides.

  • It's a fair change imo and I think that DS will still remain a worth perk slot afterall.

  • Why would you stop tunneling if the penalty is but a mere second? Unhook > tunnel > you eat DS yet there’s even no time to lose the survivor > down again > hook

    \o/

  • @Gorgonia said:

    Why would you stop tunneling if the penalty is but a mere second? Unhook > tunnel > you eat DS yet there’s even no time to lose the survivor > down again > hook

    \o/

    I understand what you mean but in some scenarios,helped by DH or another exhaustion perk,you could still be able to get distance between you and the killer.

    don't forget that tunneling is wothless sometimes, so the killer won't waste time chasing you,

  • @Marvett said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/365771#Comment_365771

    I understand what you mean but in some scenarios,helped by DH or another exhaustion perk,you could still be able to get distance between you and the killer.

    don't forget that tunneling is wothless sometimes, so the killer won't waste time chasing you,

    That’s even more situational but I see your point. Either way, Dead Hard would help you escape one blow but the killer can catch up real fast. SB could be more “problematic” but still

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/364929#Comment_364929

    Than you can say the previous DS has the counter for almost 2 years though

    Well if the previous ds was countered by enduring too, then nothing has changed in this regard. Fine

  • *COUGH* CALM SPIRIT...Doctor. *COUGH COUGH*

  • @Ihatelife @Master

    Enduring never really countered DS. First a counter would stop something from happening. And Enduring doesn't do that to begin with. Than the numbers in the description are misleading. 75% only applies to the "recovery", but the whole drop animation is excluded from that. So the reduction is much less than you would expect.

    And it will be the same with the new DS.

  • Maybe I join the coughing-squad.

    *cough*sprint burst...wraith*cough*

  • @Wolf74 I know, I was just being sarcastic because survivors always said "jut take unnerving enduring ez counter lul"

    Most survivors don't know how enduring actually works in the real game because they don't play killers

1 2 ›