Upcoming Hag buff
I really like this buff. I always hated the tiny range of her trap teleportation. It really forced her to play within a small area of the map. Obviously quicker trap setting time is just good.
The negative add on effect reduction is really nice too. I hated how if I used increased teleportation range the setting time went up so much.
I think these changes might lift her up to lower mid tier!
Comments
--> Decrease base trap setting time
--> Increase base trap teleporting range
--> Unlimited trigger notification range
--> Add-ons balance pass
The Hag's ADDONs
You mean she was top tier and still stays there after the changes
I don't know. They need to give buffs to the Hindered status effect, it only affects them for like 1-2 seconds, unlike clown where it's 40% speed movement reduction
Rusty Shackles, Granma's Heart, Disfigured Ear is still as useless. Please just remove it
The biggest issue with hag is that people can destroy all her traps by just running around, so if the Hag is chasing one survivor, his friends can destroy all her traps extremely easily. and there's no counterplay to this
They should also get rid of her slow after teleported, her run speed is really slow
Why Waterlogged shoe have to remove the ability to teleport to traps? Those 2 seconds slow will do nothing, I already tested and used the addon many times and it's rubbish. Please do some play-test on this, the slow is almost non-existent
If it's permanent it would be useful and would be a good addon. but what would a 2 second slow do? You cannot gain bloodlust with this addon on. absolutely useless.
did you guys realize huntress with an axe can make survivors 30/ 45 seconds slower? So why a hag with ultra-rare have only 2 seconds and required a survivor stepping on a trap? and even removed her ability to teleport
I Am So Excited! I am hyperfocusing on the increased trap setting speed, because that is ALL I have ever wanted as a buff for Hag and WAAAAAAH HERE IT IS! I can't wait!!
This is not an issue with a Tinkerer build, and the buff would make her base trapping speed even better than the Tinkerer build.
Besides, it's an urban legend that you can destroy "all Hag trap while she is chasing one survivor". For several reasons:
If you have too much troubles with that, try to expand more your web, and make it around a tactical spot (main building, for example, or huge juking spot). If you know for a fact survivors are in X area (because you hear a gen, see scratchmarks), stay hidden and trap before you engage a chase.
I'm not saying it's easy, though. But it's part of her learning curve ^.^
It wouldn't be an issue if the unlimited teleport range doesn't have a 15 seconds cooldown. It's overkill.
Waterlogged shoe even after the buff it's still useless. The slow only last 2 seconds and it's not a 40% speed reduction like Clown. Huntress can have 45 seconds slow with just one hit. Combined with that and using this addon's removes the ability for Hag to teleport is just extremely bad
I can't believe the Devs cannot see why this addon is so useless, did they even try to use it?
If Hag can still teleport after using this addon, it would be a good addon and not overpowered. Removing her ability to teleport is just dumb and threw the balance out of the window
Someissues said: By itself, ya it's pretty useless. But combine it with scarred hand on indoor maps so you can use your traps to body block bottlenecks and steps those few seconds and their utter confusion are more than enough.
If I recall, they also plan to remove the cooldown of "teleport as your will"!
It limits the player's play style and forces them to use Scarred Hand. If the hag can't teleport and her ability is only to block players. It's even a weaker ability in comparison to the trapper, whose traps might be easier to be seen and disarmed, but are much more punishable notably with the reworks. Especially if he hunts you into them during a chase.
Losing the ability to teleport is like said already a huge deal when it comes to the hag's mobility and map presence. The collisions alone can't make up for that. You are better off playing Trapper instead
Yes, and did you forget why Hag is so weak? People can just crouch and ignore her traps. Even if it doesn't have a cooldown it wouldn't be as overpowered and it would make it a great addon. Many Hag mains doesn't use it and much prefer the trap setting time due to the fact that if you take this addon you won't be able to deal with pallet loops well. Nor will you be able to deal with jump loops and other issues
Even after the rework if the Devs leave the addons as is Hag will still be a weak killer
Do you really think survivors have time to crouch the whole game?
Also, with the upcoming update, she will have her Tinkerer build in her base kit. No need for necklets anymore.
Now, I don't really like Mint Rag, because it forces you to face the right trap and makes you less dynamic overall.
The first part of her rework (because it is not finished yet) will make her really close to the Nurse in term of pressure and overall strengh. I will even completely remove Ruin from my builds, it won't be really needed anymore, I prefer perks like STBFL or The Third Seal that can snowball really quicky with her ability.
You don't realize how powerful these buffs are for Hag - machine gun build by default.
If you still have doubt about how effective she can be at high ranks, I suggest you to watch Evil Cynthia, Spectrobyss or myself. Her pressure is just insane once you master her.
There's a perk called Urban Evasion and it works extremely well, it's even much faster than as if you're walking. Putting traps near hooked survivors are useless. Survivors aren't dumb, they can just crouch and then save their friends
What does that mean? That means you have to camp with the Hag, the setting time should have been in her kit from the beginning.
The addon changes for the higher tier ones are still as bad. Rusty Shackles, Granma's Heart and Disfigured Ear is still as useless as always. and the changes they did with Waterlogged Shoe is just lazy. If they want to make a Killer viable they can't be just half-arse on this
Ultra Rare is meant to be powerful, not something that hindered you or put you in a handicap. This and Judith's Tombstone is the worst Ultra Rare addons for Killers right now. The amount of time it takes to activate Tier 3 on Rank 1 games is non-existent with this addon on, especially with Moderately decreased movement speed guaranteed you will get infinite to death and pellets
Posting examples of successful Hag mean nothing, I can easily get 3-4 man as Freddy and Wraith, even he Hag too which is the worst killers, and if you look on evilcynthia all his games are games that were successful and 4 man Jones, I highly doubt all his games are like that
Yeah, I expected the Urban Evasion talk soon or later. You should really watch SpaceCoconut's Hag tutorial if you haven't seen yet. But I'll sum it up for you: Urban Evasion will never be an issue for the Hag. Never, ever.
If you urban evade / watch the whole game. You hinder yourself at a 56.5% speed, while the Hag can move at a 110% speed. That means you will take an insane amount of time to travel around the map, fix the gens, make rescues, while I can freely patrol between gens and hunt with my low terror radius. You just don't exploit Hag's most weakness, which is the genrush. Besides, by overly crouching, you protect her traps, that means: 1. she will down you really quickly as fast as she finds you 2. you save her even more time since she won't have to trap again.
Really, this is the worst you can do against a Hag. I remember playing with a cute streamer back then, as soon as she realized it was a Hag, she started urban evading anywhere. As soon as I hear a trap, she saw me leaving the gen to run everywhere on the map and locate her web.
On your other point. I'm a high rank Hag. I barely bother with the camp. I don't need to, because of the pressure I can put on the map. Hell, it's even the character I camp the less with. But either way. You don't want to listen to anything. We told us we don't have issue at all with the high ranks. Yet you just stick with your beliefs. Stay with them, I don't like stubborn people.
I watched it already and knows what you're talking about from the Reddit thread. You are dodging and missing the point of what I'm implying. Her kit after the reworked will be fine, her add-ons, however, are not
First of, urban evasion doesn't make your speed faster than your walking one. It makes your crouching speed the same as your walking speed. Also if you have make your choice crouching to save your friends is helpful for the hag. Often when a survivor triggers the trap near the hook, the hag teleports to it and make your choice doesn't activate. That way it does and a lot of survivors trigger the trap on purpose after the save which means easy one hit for the savior, easy hook.
As for the last thing you said, every single killer has good games and bad games. Doesn't matter if he's top tier or not. Plus everyone has their own tier list. Billy for instance is low tier on my list but he maybe top in yours.
1. Place Traps in grass around totems and gens in a way they wont get triggered right away.
2. Get on top of a building, hill etc and wait for survivors to take the baits.
3. Get gen/totem grabs.
4. Repeat
Its stupid but won me a few matches so far.
Urban Evasion is only good for hook saves, the rest will just harm your team. Her add-ons being bad doesn’t make her a bad killer. I mean, look at Nurse...-_-
Yes my bad for saying its faster when due to low FOV making it seems faster, anyhow the main problem with Hag's rework is the addons
On this point, all downsides will be removed from her addons up to green with the upcoming update. For purple and pink: yes, most of them are awful, because they are (mostly) meant to be a "new game mode" like Scratched Myers. But hey, I don't mind it. I played with mostly brown addons for nearly one year, now I will be able to use green addons without worry, lol. One of our fellow is currently discussing with the devs to buff/rework some her higher rarity addons. Not the priority of her Triangle Cube, though.
I am no Hag main but Trapper and I hope they do justice for Hag, I am sick of seeing Nurses and Billy on Rank 1. I highly doubt there would be anyone having success with Hag on tourneys, even one of the best Trapper fail. Good to hear u have someone like that, hope it all worked out
Sweet! I love the concept of the Scarred hand but it was so trash due to the reduced movement speed. Now I'll be able to actually use the scarred hand to block off pallets and windows while keeping chase. Sweet!