Max healing debuff cap
With the new buff to Thanatophobia, which I'm so happy about, I fear that some people might get annoyed at how long it will take them to heal themselves if the killer is also using other perks or addons that decrease healing speed, especially with Self Care. So I thought maybe there should be a cap for how much healing can be decreased when stacking perks and addons that affect healing. 30% or 35% seems good. Obviously perks or addons that decrease healing speed by more, like Coulrophobia, should still decrease healing speed by just as much as they do now. But they shouldn't be able to stack with other healing speed decreasing effects anymore.
The reason I'm bringing this up is that I'm scared that people will cry for a Thanatophobia nerf because I can see a build with Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia and Coulrophobia to be quite frustrating, especially on Legion. Which would be a shame since i really like Thanatophobia and the fact that it rewards you for not tunneling or camping. So I really want it to stay the way it is.
Comments
Let us Legions have our moment in the spotlight, please.
I would love to, but they are so terribly unfun to play against right now, and this game does need four times the amount of survivors as killers.
sloppy + thanataphobia will defenitely be really annoying. and if its a legion theres no point in healing, so you're debuffed the whole game. I have a feeling my game will be crashing a lot in that situation
Crashing? You mean Dcing? I mean it's two perks so it's not that bad, shouldn't really dc because of that. Only against Legion I could somewhat understand that though.
But thana with three or four survivors injured plus sloppy might become a little to annoying I feel like. I mean you're not really doing anything else while healing then you do while repairing, holding M1 and hitting skill checks, but still.
Even if survivors cry about it, It wont get changed.
It'll be just like people complaining about Doctor, NOED and stuff like that. There is already many counters to Tanatophobia like Bottany, empathy, medkits, we'll make It, etc.
Terrible idea. If the killer uses multiple perks to stack them up, why not? He actually paid for it.
Yeah I agree with @tt_ivi_99 here.
Survivors have 16 perk slots, of course it is going to be annoying if everybody equips balanced landing, dead hard, self care, DS, borrowed time etc. Somebody has to make a sacrifice.
You don't like anti heal meta? Use perks like botany knowledge, autodidact, We'll make it etc. and support it with aftercare or empathy, bum, you wasted killers' two perks and fcked up his entire game plan.
Both sides need to learn that instead of crying, they should learn counters.
The perks already have diminishing returns due to how the math is done on stacking debuffs. Given that you also have the choice of perks, as @Delfador and @tt_ivi_99 mentioned, this is a non-issue.
The community didnt want longer gens, so we have longer heals now.
I would have prefered longe gens too, but now we have to deal with it
Whats the new math with Sloppy Butcher + Coulrophobia + Thanathophobia?
Maybe we should buff Autodidact so it isnt rng
Self Care is a crutch perk anyway. It makes being injured such a non-issue. And since they buffed anti-healing SC has become a massive waste of time. Real survivors just play the whole game injured and let Adren proc at the end of the game to heal.
I have not played the ptb, not even at all due to me playing console, but this sounds like a load of bs for some reason, they possibly buffed thanato for legion's sake so survivors would actually heal for once against them, forcing them off of generators to deal with the pain of healing, just run the perk botany knowledge with resilience and you will heal perfectly fine
Let's hope. I can't wait to finally use Thanatophobia now.
The best answer to not having longer gens would have been a second objective. Don't forget, it's not just about balance, but about game design. And I just brought it up because I do want to see this game last quite a while, which it will only if the game is fun for both sides.
Personally I don't even mind longer heals, I was just concerned about the game getting too many complaints because of that and that Thana would be nerfed again.
I get that, I was just concerned because it might end up unenjoyable for too many survivors. I just don't want Thana to be nerfed.
Easy solution, find your team so they can patch you up faster. Killer is wasting slots so you can feel pressured, which only really works if you escaped anyway.
I'd prefer to see where things are on patch release rather than change it now.
Can you screen shot the perk for me? I don't know how the perk changed
No.
yeah I was talking about only legion, or maybe some other bs killers/builds
Each time you hit a survivor all of them gain a 6% debuff until they are healed.
1 survivor = 6%
2 survivors = 12%
3 survivors = 18%
4 survivors = 24%
That's still understandable. Legion is such a terribly designed killer.
What I also fear is the combination of Thana, Sloppy and Couldrophobia. We'll see though, if there are too many complaints, BHVR will be smart enough to give us a healing debuff cap instead of nerfing Thana.
A Thanatophobia nerf will never be justified precisely due to how bad Coulrophobia is outside of being on paper.
In most cases, you're better off using Monitor & Abuse + A Nurse's Calling, rather than Coulrophobia + Distressing (+ Sloppy Butcher).
Like Third Seal, Sloppy Butcher still requires you to hit the survivor, and that is a huge factor in its effectiveness throughout a match. Couple this with Sloppy Butcher becoming largely weakened if you're not injuring multiple survivors in a short span, and you're setting yourself up for an unhelpful perk build.
I like Coulrophobia, but it's very niche, and often outclassed.
Than + Sloppy is op even when healing another survivor it takes forever as if it was self Care speed. You have to equip BK+ have someone running a perk that buffs it and that's just to heal others.
Throw in a Nurse/BIlly/Spirit with NC and the new gen perk and you'll have the game in the bag.
That's not actually what I was getting at. I have to heavily disagree with you here, Thana plus Sloppy isn't op at all. Which most people seem to agree on. I was just concerned that it might become to annoying for some, at least when coupled with Coulrophobia. But op? No, not really. Especially not with the current gen times.
The killer is using up two of his four perk slots for that combo. With the Thana buff it's now just probably a viable build for slowing the game down. Which is definitely nothing bad, killers need all the help they can get against gen rush. There are still enough other killer perks and perk combos that are just as good.
On Nurse it might be op, sure, but that's a problem with her. I still believe she is simply op.
You're missing the point, it takes almost a minute to heal solo now with that combo and even healing another takes almost a minute. With BK it still takes upwards of 32 seconds which is why it's broken.
Quite a few killers run sloppy and thana already so it's not a big change and most Legions already run it. You're also forgetting the new gen perk which if you'd actually tested it out is brokenly op.
If the killer knows what they're doing and runs those 3 perks it's a 4k very quickly because they can just spread the damage. Go into the TPB play a kyf equip those 3 perks and then time it, you'll find it's op when taken together.
I tested it with some friends and even running BK and the healed person running Leader it was still insanely slow. There might be a bug currently though since there's no noticeable healing speed increase.
The issue is really this is the wrong way to slow down gen progression and is a substitute for secondary objectives. The perk changes will either never go live like this, they'll get tweaked.
The other option is it'll get the mage nerf bat once secondary objectives come into play since it'd be like Nurse on steroids at all time. Then killers will complain about it getting nerfed similar to how the Tinkerer II bug got exploited.
But seriously get a full kyf together and play both sides and test it and you'll see it's way too strong, I played both sides as and against the new killer.
"Thana op !" *hahahahahaha*
I seriously waited for that day to come.^^
Didn't think anyone would call the new gen perk op. It blocks three gens at the start for 120 seconds, how is that op?
Honestly, I do not have the option for kyf at the moment, so I'll just have to see how things will go. However, personally, I have a hard time believing that that is actually op. But we'll see. However, that's why I suggested the max healing cap, so sloppy and thana combo wouldn't become too much. However, you are the first I've read from that thinks the new gen perk is op, so I doubt that will see any nerfs to it. And as of right now it seems most don't feel like the combo will be op at all. And I don't think so either.
Also, even with all four survivors injured, which is very rare, I'm pretty sure it takes far less than a minute for one survivor to heal another survivor. Sloppy increases the healing time from 16 to 20 seconds with it's 20% decreased healing speed, I doubt an additional 24% will bump it up to 60 seconds. Even with Self Care, without BK, I'm pretty sure the healing time will be 50 seconds at most.
So personally, if anything, there should be healing cap. Neither Thana nor the new gen perk in particular need nerfing at all. If there are ever secondary objectives, sure, but it seems like the devs want to give killers a way to slow down the game via perks, which is only fair. For every perk they take to slow down the game they are using one less perk that aids them at tracking or chasing survivors.