Hiding Survivors Names Till End

Upon loading into a lobby, other survivors in the lobby and the killer hosting the lobby should not be able to see usernames. Although, they SHOULD still be able to see players ping in case they want to dodge it.


Why?

Most often, especially on smaller platforms like console, once you reach red ranks you play all the same killers. This results in them dodging you when they see your name in the lobby if they dislike you and or bringing a mori or playing a certain way against you i.e. camping your hook or tunneling you. Also to say, other survivors dodge each other too so that’s why even survivors shouldn’t be able to see each other’s names.


Current Issue?

With it’s current status you get barely any games and endless dodges. And like mentioned above, if they don’t dodge then they just tunnel you specifically or bring a mori just for you.


Benefits Of Hiding Names Till End?

This will result in more games being played in general and more fair gameplay from both sides. By them not being able to see the names it will eliminate any judgements they have just because they know you from past games or whatever the case is. And by hiding names from other survivors in the lobby it allows for no special gameplay against each other either i.e. sand bagging, body blocking or dodging each other etc.


Thoughts?

Comments

  • @Entità said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/345058#Comment_345058

    Very interesting, so correct people must pay for other people's wrongs. Your idea of justice and fairness is quite... odd.

    Yes, actually, because it's not feasible to do otherwise.

    It's not feasible to individualize which rules and laws every single human being on the planet must follow depending on their past and present behavior, and personality.

    It's not feasible to make sure every single one of the tens - maybe hundreds - of thousands of players have legitimate reasons for dodging or DCing.

    It's not feasible because we do not live in a perfect world with unlimited resources at our disposal to do all that. The best you can hope for is that you minimize the probability of something going wrong, and that is exactly how justice works.

    If you don't like that, then by all means, propose a feasible way to individualize which players can have access to which information. Or just admit that the devs can't monitor tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands of people across millions of trials to figure out which ones should have the information and which ones shouldn't, not to mention the absurd programming effort to create an infrastructure to allow that level of individualization.

  • @Nea_Death_Experience said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49561/hiding-survivors-names-till-end

    Hey bro I think you make a very good point. This is a change I would love to see as a survivor. Others make a good point about reporting, Maybe you just need at the end to have the survivors character name next to their names at the end. Tbh I think having their names in game would be okay. I think it is just pre game that is the issue when they can make your build to kill one specific person. I think the killer should only see the physical person and then when the game starts they can see the name. This I think is the best middle ground so killers can report cheating as in game they can see their names. Survivors should be able to see each others games because it is a team game after all. I see a lot of dudes I know and we have a good community together.

    I think its a good idea bro.

    I agree, you bring up good points. I can see a lot of different variations of this idea working.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351094#Comment_351094

    Don't put this on me, as a solo survivor I never took advantage of profile sniping or telling to other survivors what perks the killer had, but as a killer I suffered both kind of abuses! What justice and fairness I had then? none!

    I already tell you, blame your fellow survivors for the current system

    and contrary of what you may think! neither "facecamping" nor tunneling are bannables offenses who amerit to block or blacklist the killer

    point in case:

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    * Camping

    * Slugging

    * Tunneling

    * Streamsniping

    * Teabagging

    * Bodyblocking

    * Looping

    * Tapping generators with ruin

    * Dribbling (Dropping a survivor repeatedly to avoid decisive strike)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

    And as reminder to you, the killer isn't responsible for the survivor's fun and viceversa

    Dear @Skarkio, two logical fallacies in a single post: the injustices committed by some survivors against you do not justify those of some killers against other survivors (tu quoque); I've never talked about bannable offences, but to ruin the adversary's game experience (straw man). On the rest, I reply to you and to Wolf74 together: read below, please.


    @Wolf74 said:

    @Entità

    "Nice! Why should a survivor be forced to play with facecampers or tunnelers, then? The idea only survivors can be toxic is wrong: I see too many killers who ruin survivors' game experience,"

    Sorry, but you are actually wrong.

    What you describe as "ruining [their] game experience" is just the killer doing his objective.

    Killing people, removing them from the game. Tunneling and camping are just ways to do that. Sometimes it is just smart and efficient to do it, sometimes it is more hurting the killer than the survivor (Kill 1 while the other 3 basically get a free escape).

    The thing is, the killer player is playing an evil, demonic, psycho, serial killer. His play being "toxic" is part of the job description. He is NOT the nice guy. He (or she) is the enemy, the antagonist, the villain.

    If dying is "ruining your gameexperience" in general, you maybe should consider playing a different game.

    To me the whole concept (that the Devs support, most likely due to popular demand) that every survivor has some sort of "right" to play each match for a certain amount of time, is still strange to me.

    Someone is always the unlucky one that is removed from the match first.

    If that happens to you so often that it bothers you (you not personally, but generally speaking) to the point that you dislike the game, maybe a change of playstyle would help.

    Avoid getting found and chased first might help. (Seriously)

    That would also help the killer enjoy the game more, because that would actually slow down gen rush if more survivor would try to avoid being first to get caught.

    Dear @Wolf74, the question is not to die or die first: two results that I accept as part of the game, unpleasant, but physiological. What I find horrible is the facecamping (now punished more severely by the developers) and the tunneling (the new DS puts a patch), because essentially prevent the survivor not to win, but to play: the survivor must make gens, go looking for totems, searching chests, use or exchange items, heal, hide from the killer, deceive or evade him... If this happens, I enjoy it, because I'm using the potential that the game offers, if, instead, my game becomes the simulation of a salami hanging from a butchery hook, with the eventual struggling to block some legs of the Entity, and nothing else, or I come down ten seconds after the unhook, I'm not playing: I'm literally wasting my time. You talk about the killer's efficient strategy, you say he needs to get some survivors out of the way as soon as possible. I ask you a sincere question: do you apply the same criteria when the survivors do eternal loops or gen rushes? The survivors' purpose is to come out alive: to keep the killer busy for five minutes of unsuccessful pursuit and to quickly repair all the gens are exactly two excellent strategies to maximize the chances of victory. Curiously, the forum is full of killer mains who complain about these strategies. And you're the first to complain about the hatch, or am I wrong?

    Your description of the psychopathic serial killer is very inspired and I greatly appreciate it, but one detail escapes you: nobody would choose to face such a threat in real life; as for the game, no one would choose to face such a threat if he did not have the fair chance to have fun. If a survivor complains of facecamping or tunneling, or a killer complains about eternal loops or gen rushes, responding that they are excellent strategies is short-sighted: the frustrated player will change role, with lengthening matchmaking times, or will change videogame. If you like to be a killer, you have to convince four other people to play survivors: telling them that they will have to spend the whole game hanging on the hook without doing anything is not a convincing argument, it does not excite the interest a little. Would you accept to be a killer if they told you that you would have to spin like a top, without killing anyone, while the gens light up in a flash? Not even for a dream, be honest.


    @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351094#Comment_351094

    Yes, actually, because it's not feasible to do otherwise.

    It's not feasible to individualize which rules and laws every single human being on the planet must follow depending on their past and present behavior, and personality.

    It's not feasible to make sure every single one of the tens - maybe hundreds - of thousands of players have legitimate reasons for dodging or DCing.

    It's not feasible because we do not live in a perfect world with unlimited resources at our disposal to do all that. The best you can hope for is that you minimize the probability of something going wrong, and that is exactly how justice works.

    If you don't like that, then by all means, propose a feasible way to individualize which players can have access to which information. Or just admit that the devs can't monitor tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands of people across millions of trials to figure out which ones should have the information and which ones shouldn't, not to mention the absurd programming effort to create an infrastructure to allow that level of individualization.

    No, @Orion I'm not asking anything so complicated: I ask players to be anonymous until the trial ends, to have no revenges, no toxic behaviours against specific people, and more fun for all.

  • @Entità said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351736#Comment_351736

    Dear @Skarkio, two logical fallacies in a single post: the injustices committed by some survivors against you do not justify those of some killers against other survivors (tu quoque); I've never talked about bannable offences, but to ruin the adversary's game experience (straw man). On the rest, I reply to you and to Wolf74 together: read below, please.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351765#Comment_351765

    Dear @Wolf74, the question is not to die or die first: two results that I accept as part of the game, unpleasant, but physiological. What I find horrible is the facecamping (now punished more severely by the developers) and the tunneling (the new DS puts a patch), because essentially prevent the survivor not to win, but to play: the survivor must make gens, go looking for totems, searching chests, use or exchange items, heal, hide from the killer, deceive or evade him... If this happens, I enjoy it, because I'm using the potential that the game offers, if, instead, my game becomes the simulation of a salami hanging from a butchery hook, with the eventual struggling to block some legs of the Entity, and nothing else, or I come down ten seconds after the unhook, I'm not playing: I'm literally wasting my time. You talk about the killer's efficient strategy, you say he needs to get some survivors out of the way as soon as possible. I ask you a sincere question: do you apply the same criteria when the survivors do eternal loops or gen rushes? The survivors' purpose is to come out alive: to keep the killer busy for five minutes of unsuccessful pursuit and to quickly repair all the gens are exactly two excellent strategies to maximize the chances of victory. Curiously, the forum is full of killer mains who complain about these strategies. And you're the first to complain about the hatch, or am I wrong?

    Your description of the psychopathic serial killer is very inspired and I greatly appreciate it, but one detail escapes you: nobody would choose to face such a threat in real life; as for the game, no one would choose to face such a threat if he did not have the fair chance to have fun. If a survivor complains of facecamping or tunneling, or a killer complains about eternal loops or gen rushes, responding that they are excellent strategies is short-sighted: the frustrated player will change role, with lengthening matchmaking times, or will change videogame. If you like to be a killer, you have to convince four other people to play survivors: telling them that they will have to spend the whole game hanging on the hook without doing anything is not a convincing argument, it does not excite the interest a little. Would you accept to be a killer if they told you that you would have to spin like a top, without killing anyone, while the gens light up in a flash? Not even for a dream, be honest.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351787#Comment_351787

    No, @Orion I'm not asking anything so complicated: I ask players to be anonymous until the trial ends, to have no revenges, no toxic behaviours against specific people, and more fun for all.

    Only survivors were abusing the information to the point that it had to be taken away from them. By your own logic, this is punishing killers for something survivors did.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/353045#Comment_353045

    Only survivors were abusing the information to the point that it had to be taken away from them. By your own logic, this is punishing killers for something survivors did.

    @Orion I don't want to punish anybody: I simply want information outside of the game does not affect anyone's style of play. If the survivors equip flashlights and the killer responds with Franklin, I feel great and is consistent with his role. If the killer sees Brian among the survivors and rages against him because he dared to escape via the hatch a moment before to be downed, it is an undeserving revenge. I wish the game is not polluted by disagreements, quarrels and latent rancor amongst the various players: does it seem an ideal so harmful to the health of the game?

  • Yeah.... I don’t think he’s saying anyone should be punished. It’s just obvious that the idea of seeing people’s names does affect play quite often, whether you notice it or not.


    A good example could be.... Let’s say I’m going against a good red rank killer, that I and many others know. This killer also knows you and has played you before. Just because they can simply see your name in their lobby they can already guess what perks you might be running, knows that you try to 360 so they respect it, doesn’t respect pallets specifically against you because they know you keep running etc.


    I think transitioning the game in this direction of “RNG” in a sense would make it more enjoyable and eliminate some toxicity by keeping it anonymous, hopefully.

  • "By your own logic, this is punishing killers for something survivors did."

    That's the usual survivorlogic.

    Survivor do unsafe unhooks? Punish the killer.

    Give them free exhaustion relief, invu frames, BT, DS... everything to cover up that it is the survivor who made a bad play.

    It's always punish the killer for things suvivor did.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @Entità two logical fallacies in a single post: the injustices committed by some survivors against you do not justify those of some killers against other survivors (tu quoque)

    Nor your experience with SOME toxic killers (who happen to be a minority in the entire playerbase) justify to hide survivors names(punishing killers), since the instance where the killer holds a grudge against a survivor and execute "revenge" isn't even as significative or high as the opposite!

    @Entità I've never talked about bannable offences, but to ruin the adversary's game experience (straw man).

    What you consider ruining the adversary's game experience, the rest of us, including the devs, consider tactics who the opposite side use to complete their own objetives in game

    Let me show you a clip of a dev who camped

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ObservantCarefulButterflyBlargNaut

    The objetive of putting the list of (un)bannables ofensses is that you realice (via a devs post) that neiter camping or tunneling punishabel actions or even against the rules, quite the opposite, the devs in several strems and post endorse said tactics since the very release of the game

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEaFKY3opY0

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=57&v=SS3DvvOQI04

    Tunneling is the same

    Of course camping or tunneling isn't fun for my adversaries as looping and gen rushing isn't fun for me, but at the end of the day both are endorsed, whitin the rules tactics, and personally I never ever asked to the dev a single time, to punish my opponents for tactics I'm weak against, like the one shot down hillbillies or the insta down huntress's hatchets

    Personally I think people who ask for punish the other side of the players for their game style, are people who cannot adapt or learn to the mechanics of the game, and I think so because tru the 2 years I been playing the game, I already learned how to cope with camping, tunneling, looping, and gen rushing, sometimes I win sometimes I lose! and after a specifically frustrating match, I close the game and go to play age of the empires II

    Maybe you could be more confortable playing other kinds of games, where your opponent dont do things that triggers your rage or compels you to ask for punishments! maybe CIV 5!

    @Wolf74 said:

    "By your own logic, this is punishing killers for something survivors did."

    That's the usual survivorlogic.

    Survivor do unsafe unhooks? Punish the killer.

    Give them free exhaustion relief, invu frames, BT, DS... everything to cover up that it is the survivor who made a bad play.

    It's always punish the killer for things suvivor did.

    Just so we can stay close to the topic..... You’re both saying that you disagree with taking away survivors names from the killers view? And your reason being is that survivors are toxic and by doing this it is punishing the killers, correct? Or am I misunderstanding what exactly your point is?

  • @Telli_Fury

    Why do you want the killer player being punished for things the survivor player did?

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Telli_Fury

    Why do you want the killer player being punished for things the survivor player did?

    I think you need to stop assuming what everyone’s intentions are. I asked you to confirm your stance on the topic, that’s it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Recaping: survivor want their name removed from the match, arguing that the killers are toxic to them, and use their names to execute revenge and arguing that since the killer's name is removed, is only fair that the survivor name must be hidden too!

    My stand is removing the survivor's name serve no purpose other than punishing killers, since the reason behind removing killer's name was punishing survivors for abusing their privilege! toxic killers aren't in enough numbers to justifie to do so!

    personally if the devs were to remove ths survivors name it wouln't affect me at all since I don't waste time profile sniping the survivors in the lobbies or holding grudge against them post game, if someone did something I consider is against the rules, I report them in-game and I forget about the whole incident after that!

    But considering a killer to be toxic for camping or tunnelig is a fallacy, considering that a killer must play in away that gives fun to the survivors is another fallacy! and using both fallacies as argument to remove the survivors names is, by my personal stand, wrong and biased!

    Yes toxic player are in both sides, but the numbers of toxic survivor is 4 times higher than the toxic killers, the removal of the killer's names but not the survivor's is the proof!

    Nice message and well said! I agree with some points. Just to clarify this post wasn’t intended to punish anyone and obviously my idea isn’t final, it can still be adjusted and tweaked to be polished into a fair state. The examples I gave were nothing more than examples I don’t wish them to be banned or punished. I only suggested this as a “possible” solution to what some people, like console, encounter on the daily and at red ranks. :)

  • @Skarkio @Wolf74 A few hours ago I played against the Hag, I found in a few seconds her Ruin and cleansed it before she arrived to trap it, then I was downed, hooked and almost facecamped: I understood her choice and, after the trial, I wrote them to comment the totem system improvement which is going to arrive with the 2.6.0 patch, in a friendly atmosphere. Fine! If the killer wants to facecamp me or tunnel me because of tactical choices, I accept it. I don't accept killers who, because they know who I am, decide to facecamp or tunnel me because the last week I cleansed their Ruin or I found the hatch and they got upset. Am I clear? Do you want to camp or tunnel me for ingame reasons? Do it! Do you want to camp or tunnel me to get a revenge, without any tactical reason? No, it's an unjust fury that I do not accept, and which does not benefit the health of the game: the anonymity should prevent these examples of toxicity. @Telli_Fury also explained very good points: why should a killer, by reading your nickname, know your perks in advance?

  • @Telli_Fury

    So please spell it out. Are you ok with punishing killer player for mistakes of the survivor player?


    @Entità

    Seriously… I do not believe that people will remember your name and "take revenge" on you, just for finding Ruin or taking the hatch… you have to play like a douche to make them remember you.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Telli_Fury

    So please spell it out. Are you ok with punishing killer player for mistakes of the survivor player?

    @Entità

    Seriously… I do not believe that people will remember your name and "take revenge" on you, just for finding Ruin or taking the hatch… you have to play like a douche to make them remember you.

    Removing the survivors name from the killers view, let’s say maybe just in the lobby but can see it in game, is not a punishment. As this change isn’t unwarranted, there is actually issues between killer and survivor toxicity. This is just a small idea to help smooth it out. Like I said, nothing about this idea is finalized. I’ll let you and @Entità dish it out. I’ll just sit back and watch.

  • @Wolf74 said:

    @Telli_Fury

    So please spell it out. Are you ok with punishing killer player for mistakes of the survivor player?

    @Entità

    Seriously… I do not believe that people will remember your name and "take revenge" on you, just for finding Ruin or taking the hatch… you have to play like a douche to make them remember you.

    How many times you gonna ask the same thing? You are clearly against the idea, we get it. What else is there to say? Clearly by the upvotes on my post, others agree. I’m not discounting your opinion but stop forcing yours onto me.

  • I'm disgusted by these people trying to argue facecamping is a valid strategy or ebony mori-spamming is a valid strategy, you realize nobody would play this game if every game was just a bubba facecamping right? Camping is as strategic as headbutting in a boxing match or trying to break someones ankles in a soccer match stop justifying it just because it's "strategic" on some level or it's not bannable.

    With that said hiding names only stops targeted facecamping and mori-usage which honestly if you have a problem with that and your best arguments are "well maybe you deserve it" then I think I know why you have a problem with such a change.

  • @Telli_Fury

    I am not forcing anything on you. Please stay true to the facts. I just asked a simple question that you seem to keep dodging.

    And of course you will get upvotes on your post, because there is a huge amount of survivor players that abused this feature themselves and are now mad that it was stripped from them and only THEM, and they want "revenge". Those people got their favorite tool to force their playstyle on others removed and if they can't get it back, they at least want that no one else can have it, because they expect them to abuse it the same way they did.

    That's your precious upvotes. ;)

  • @BringBackOldBT said:

    I'm disgusted by these people trying to argue facecamping is a valid strategy or ebony mori-spamming is a valid strategy, you realize nobody would play this game if every game was just a bubba facecamping right? Camping is as strategic as headbutting in a boxing match or trying to break someones ankles in a soccer match stop justifying it just because it's "strategic" on some level or it's not bannable.

    With that said hiding names only stops targeted facecamping and mori-usage which honestly if you have a problem with that and your best arguments are "well maybe you deserve it" then I think I know why you have a problem with such a change.

    Well said! I think this change will make the game simply more about the game. Keeping it hidden but still available at the end screen will keep the in-game experience mutual.

1 2 ›