Figments of DBD Past
This is an ever-expanding compendium I'm keeping of all the big things that have been removed from, or reworked out of the game!
- 3 blink 4.6m/s movement speed Nurse
- Unhook rubber-banding
- Vacuum pallets
- Actually infinite cow tree
- Unrelenting+STBFL machine gun build
- Insta-blind flashlights
- Huge Pale Rose
- Wraith didn't have a bell
- Killers could switch powers bug
- The terror of the Howling Grounds event
- Instant BNPs
- Permanent Sabotage
- Infinite NOED
- Billy chainsaw flick
- Stacking perks bug
- Killers equipping survivor perks bug
- Exhaustion recovery while running
- Ultra rare/common perks
- Moonlight offerings
- Common and un-common map offerings
- Moris without hooking first
- Killers couldn't regress generators
- Even more useless Unrelenting
- No exhaustion (Sprint perks were on 30s cooldown)
- Way longer animations (Slow pickup, pallet kick, gen kick, window vault)
- bloodpoint pip system
- amount of kills pip system for killer
- Pre 2.6.0 decisive
- Sabotage granted more points
- Trapper/Hag trapping directly under hook
- No entity window blockers
- No EGC, and end game BM
- Old Frederick
- Peer to Peer connection!
- SWF groups disbanding after every match
- One perk per bloodweb
- Dying Light (Tunnel Edition)
- Old Insta-heals (Hooray!)
- Old Nurse (Hooray?)
- Stealth Killers suffering at the hands of Object players
- Rank reset piling all the players into green ranks
- Old janky/broken protection hits
- Balanced Landing (RIP)
- Hex: Ruin (RIP)
Feel free to expand!
Comments
Two-hook deaths was a thing right?
You only had to be hooked twice instead of 3
I still do this, if i dont trust the ping^^
1
2
3
1
2
3
Getting stuck on the bottom right of "the hill"
Clicking join lobby all the time, but not too fast or you cancel the search.
Multiple survivors joining an ongoing game until it crashes. From the survivor POV you joined a game without lighting, it was pitch black and pretty scary.
Good old bugs by daylight
-Spies from the shadows and shadowborn were meta perks
-Unhooking from one angle (Real facecamping)
-Swamp map was much larger
-My favourite is Play with your food didn't have cooldown and gave higher movement speed. Imagine how quickly that was fixed since that made all killer super fast really quickly.
At 9:10 you can see how fast he gets those stacks.
New PTB might add some things to this list! Hype!
A bit late, but I can finally put decisive on this list.
feelsgoodman
Maps and sabotaging gained a lot more bp making them useful
Trapper putting traps directly under hooked survivors
Colored fonts in the forums.
Darn, I miss old pre-Nurse DBD :D
How did anyone go down back then, seems impossible nowadays.
Iron Grasp on steroids
Where random survivors would keep loading into the game until it crashed but wouldn't move. So there would be 14 random survivors just standing around.
I STILL get unhook rubber banding if I try to SB or use deliverance and run without waiting a moment.
Before the game had cosmetics... everything was samey
Soon! So very soon! Freddy and Legion will be a thing of the past.
Nurse was never 4.6, she was around Tier I Myers.
EGC is removing end game BM, putting it here.
Feral frenzy
Soon(TM)
@Shad03 I will not break away from legion!
@Hoodedfengm1n I meant that as people won't dc against us no more.
@Shad03 Watch me, I will make someone DC as legion
It still is really. It is was 30/40/50% that would make it worth taking in.
Time to update this list again!
Aw man, I messed up at my two window jungle gym. Better heal up.
https://youtu.be/G0K3uvG6b4k?t=57No hook swivel.
Well now you can play! Without a power though!
My jaw just dropped. What the actual hell?
This was right after the game came out. Back then, We'll Make It could stack up to 300% and worked with Self Care, which was 80% speed. Botany Knowledge was Botany Knowledge. With three stacks, you could Self Care without a medkit in only 2.8 seconds.
Granted, your stacks would run out sooner or later, but fun times. This was one of the first things that was fixed.
Yikes, I would've hated to play back then.
Feelsverybadman
Some stuff I remember:
- Triple window garage
- School bus infinite
- Ironwork of Misery upstairs
- Sabojuking
- I think there used to be much less atmospheric debris and junk on maps overall
- holding traps open for your teammates or disarming after getting unhooked
- no fall staggers
Even though it was only for a brief period of time I still like to think back to the Instance where you could get a pallet save or a flashlight save at any stage of pick up animation.
That's what the horror of the Howling Grounds Event was.
winder blocker used to be 5 vaults instead of 3
Good, atmospheric graphics
20 sec sprint burst cooldown
Sabo meta
Play with your food 21% bonus speed that could be achieved in like 4 seconds
Hag having having an 0.5 second stun on release for everything (pallets, ds, etc)
Updating the list again! More things of the past. This includes changes from 3.2.0 to 3.5.0