Figments of DBD Past
This is an ever-expanding compendium I'm keeping of all the big things that have been removed from, or reworked out of the game!
- 3 blink 4.6m/s movement speed Nurse
- Unhook rubber-banding
- Vacuum pallets
- Actually infinite cow tree
- Unrelenting+STBFL machine gun build
- Insta-blind flashlights
- Huge Pale Rose
- Wraith didn't have a bell
- Killers could switch powers bug
- The terror of the Howling Grounds event
- Instant BNPs
- Permanent Sabotage
- Infinite NOED
- Billy chainsaw flick
- Stacking perks bug
- Killers equipping survivor perks bug
- Exhaustion recovery while running
- Ultra rare/common perks
- Moonlight offerings
- Common and un-common map offerings
- Moris without hooking first
- Killers couldn't regress generators
- Even more useless Unrelenting
- No exhaustion (Sprint perks were on 30s cooldown)
- Way longer animations (Slow pickup, pallet kick, gen kick, window vault)
- bloodpoint pip system
- amount of kills pip system for killer
- Pre 2.6.0 decisive
- Sabotage granted more points
- Trapper/Hag trapping directly under hook
- No entity window blockers
- No EGC, and end game BM
- Old Frederick
- Peer to Peer connection!
- SWF groups disbanding after every match
- One perk per bloodweb
- Dying Light (Tunnel Edition)
- Old Insta-heals (Hooray!)
- Old Nurse (Hooray?)
- Stealth Killers suffering at the hands of Object players
- Rank reset piling all the players into green ranks
- Old janky/broken protection hits
- Balanced Landing (RIP)
- Hex: Ruin (RIP)
Feel free to expand!
Comments
-op save the best for the last
-strange way to run of survivors
-ez 360s
Fixed it for you
.
I got one, shrine of secrets hot bar
I take it you're not from the time when Unrelenting reduced the cooldown by 9%?
Oh yeah! Permanently sabo'd hooks.
Nope. A PC on my country is equivalent to a new released car.
Not an alpha or beta player but... White Claudette.
Yeah, it's kinda why I started this post. Just to show how far we've come. DBD really used to suck.
Ah, here's a big one:
The Howling Grounds event.
No skill flashlights & pallet stuns.
The Claudette tbagging non-stop during a 20 minute infinite.
I would have uninstalled the game and tracked that person down irl
Fairly and consistently balanced gameplay with the idea of fun for all in mind.
Oh wait, that never happened.
Entitled killers!
Really cheap cars or really expensive computers? Also, what country?
old vigil
openings at the bottom of the double wood forts on swamp(now I’m trapped down there with the only option of running up to get out.
openings at the back of the store on autohaven(which sometimes spawn but sometimes don’t now)
poor trapper before the buff
being able to recover from exhaustion while running
mori used to not require a hook
Everyone got the instant option to ds without having to wiggle if you weren’t the obsession
i don’t even remember what the old Deja vu and dark sense did lulz never used them and still don’t really.
•Offerings that changed the lighting
I don't think either of them were ever good, or considered to be good.
barbecue and chili was actually in the shrine of secrets
Good old exhaustion recovery during a chase
Brazil, everything thing related to technology here is so goddamn expansive.
Press F to pay respect
I will not pay respects to more expensive perks.
Moonlight offerings!
@Ihatelife @Nickenzie @Unnamed_Freak @Pizzaman @Boss @KingB @HeroLives @Orion @NurseMainBTW @Hoodedfengm1n @PhantomMask20763
Thank you all for your contributions to this list!
People seem to forget that exhaustion wasn't even always a thing and the recovery for those perks was like 30s.
On his release, Leatherface was considered to be a mid tier killer I think. And Freddy was decent on release. Like pretty solid.
When all of the Killers' animations were hideously long (though we have been spoiled by having them shortened). Breaking pallets, regressing generators, picking up, hooking.
Whenever I watch old videos I always say to myself "Jeez, do it FASTER". Its probably a time I will never want to have back.
typing "1"in the lobby chatbox to try and guess how bad the ping was
You say that, but 9% Unrelenting isn't on the list.
Sorry about it! Adding it now.
Oh, can specific Killers still clip through the camera, resulting in you seeing the model from the inside?
Multi stalking Myers?
No, I don't think any killers have that. That was just something that old Shadowborn would do, I think.
The multiple killer glitch.
I was around when the breaking animations took forever. I recall the infinites as well. I wanna cry now.
Hey, remember to earn pips before you had to kill at least two survivors? There was no such thing as a 'Emblem System' that these fancy kids have nowadays.
If you had multiple survivors in your view when stalking your stalk would drain both at a certain rate, making it alot faster. Around the time the Clown came out (I think) turns out it was a bug and they patched t
oh myyy god the killer pip system SUCKED so much. I think that's what made things so toxic as dbd developed.
Sabotage vacuum.
lumpy ground and grass that actually benefited stealth.
Better lunge animations.
We'll make it + Botany Knowledge + Self Care = Heal before the next killer hit.
(I think it was that loadout?)
I got one, shrine of secrets hot bar> @not_Queen said:
now that is disgusting, but I know about original self care and we'll make it and that makes sense