Decisive is fine, Object of Obsession didn't need nerf though.
The change to Object of Obsession isn't really fair, if you don't use D-strike with it you'll possibly get the perk taken AWAY from you, by another Survivor if they run D-Strike. Just keep it how it is, if you're not Obsession the range is shortened.
Comments
Which is why I think it's fine where it is now, and they need to just leave it alone. But now that I think about it, someone above said that one person in a SWF's group could just sit in a locker and abuse it because the Aura reading isn't shown, SO, I guess the change for it needs to be that lockers can't hide you while using the perk.
3 seconds into the game and you notice some tool teabagging you from the other side of the map, telling his buddies on discord your location. Awful perk that got abused badly and probably needs a nerf of its own.
Honestly, I see it as even more toxic. When I have OoO-Users in my game they really want to have my attention. The same can go for DS-Users, but OoO-Users are usually the ones who want to find you easily to taunt you.
OoO has to be reworked anyway, SWF abuse it so much
It's only shorter by 8 meters. It's not that bad.
I liked OoO and I never party up. I don't think it needed to be broken so all the people using DS can take it away from me.
I had to stop and reply to you before reading the rest of the peoples comments below you.
Stop being sensitive. DS was genuinely a bad perk, being able to see someone bm'ing isn't the same.
They're planning on making it so you CANNOT use it if you aren't the obsession. Currently it's just a shorter distance. This is the upcoming change.
Check news and read the new DS changes, and how it will effect the other perks (Specifically Object of Obsession.)
Killers aren't required to run any perks for one to work though, Ruin can be effective without Thrill of the Hunt.
If you don't use DS, and someone else does, you have ZERO access to the perk.
Yeah it's nonsense, I really hope they fix the OoO issue. It's my only gripe about the change. As a solo player it was situational as it is, now it won't even activate? Where are all the fun mechanic-changing perks now? Only No Mither is left.
It isn't, period, if it doesn't activate.
I never used it in a bad way, though. I tried it out for the Adept achievement and loved the risky playstyle that came with it. I wanted to explore it some more but I don't have Laurie on my new platform. Not yet, anyway.
Your right, its not mandatory for killers. Same is true for survivors though, you don't have to have both, but if it being useless or taken away mid game worries you either skip it or back it up. Just depends how many are going to run it every game. Same as killer, you have to plan around the most common choices.
What if those who run OOO and aren't the Obsession can see the Obsession at any distance instead?
And they reveal their aura to the Obsession when looking at them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Idk, i don't like that Perk weakening either, it was fine by me, so i made something up in 5 seconds.
EDIT: WOOPS, forgot to add a downside to it.
Which could be the same actually, just have the Killer see your aura.
Forcing a Survivor to use Decisive Strike if they want to use Object of Obsession, because if they don't and they're not the Obsession they can't use it, is a bit of a stretch. It's past being a combo like ruin and thrill to make your chances of using it better, you just flat out CAN'T USE IT if you're not the Obsession. It's not a good change.
I hope they change it during PTB before everything goes live.
It'd be an interesting change but it's not much different than using Bond. There's not much to just being able to see the Obsession the whole game.
That's a valid concern and one you should address to the Dev's. While the problem is much easier to deal in swf, solo does become more challenging. Seeing as how that perk makes you a prime target for tunneling I don't know why you wouldn't want the deterrent. Both can make you the obsession and if you don't start as the target, it can still make it usable later in the match. But then you also have the fact that even if you use both it can be stripped away by a random, possibly after regaining it with ds us no longer available. I can see your concerns (some of which Dev's will need to elaborate on) but I can also see the dev's trying to create situational uncertainty. You can no longer guarantee you'll be able to relay the information for a full match unless among a 4 man swf.
Yeah, lets ######### about one survivor perk being changed. God forbid every single killer obsession perk being nullified due to this change. Dying light is useless now, remember me can be used against you, PWYF is almost useless due to the ever swapping obsession, STBFL might be better off now but...it's still iffy. God forbid one of the most toxic perks in the game gets nerfed. I considered OoO even worse than DS and I never had an issue with DS in the first place. Good riddance.
I ran it only for the adept and evey game it was a Myers until I finally got it done and surprise they all ran Dying Light so I just made sure to use peripheral vision lol.
But you'd equip OOO for seeing the Killer, not a Bond effect.
Getting a different version of Bond isn't what you'll always get, it's the back-up effect you'll get.
Besides, Bond is a very good Perk by itself.
While seeing only 1 Survivor all the time is weaker, it's WAY better than getting nothing.
The whole squad is are of the killers exact location all time basically
Yeah but it's broken for solo players like me, who use it now and again for a change of pace. I don't think the team in locker is fair, but I thought they made it so lockers hide auras for survivors too, so they couldn't do that anymore. Maybe they can ban it from Survive with Friends or something, but that might be a bit extreme. I still hope they add some interesting new perks in the same vein as OoO and No Mither.
Object of Obsession are fine by it's own
but it's really ######### up that you can use it with DS and not take the risk by using it
Wait, I remember when I used obsession perks on killer. It was when I went for the Myers achievement, one time for adept and another time for the 4 man mori (need some speed boost, to slow without)