Devs, How many dc's before ban?
Simple question. How many disconnects need to happen in order for a ban to be handed out? If bans are even handed out.
Simple question. How many disconnects need to happen in order for a ban to be handed out? If bans are even handed out.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You: The devs don't ban people for DCing.
Also you: The fact that the devs banned me for DCing proves my point that they don't ban people for DCing.
How exactly does one argue with someone who claims that the reverse of what they claimed would happen is proof that they were right?
@twistedmonkey the question is, was i banned only because I basically told them directly to their face or was it the actual game info that tracked me down. There is only one way to find out. They didn't IP ban me so... I'm just gonna sit here like a good boy and wait for my ban to be over... coughs definitely not gonna attempt to get around my ban.
@Orion Don't worry I can't say what I'm gonna do, but it will all be clear soon. Plus i'm like 99% sure that I got banned cause I literally told them directly what I did. I wonder what an indirect approach would create? This will require more testing. Although I'm definitely not gonna do anything to get banned again.
@DuckApproved Who knows if its within the remit or not, you may be able to tell that by thinking how many games you have played maybe since the beginning of the month compared to how many times you have DC'd now, of course you may be right and they may well have just made an example of you to teach you and anyone else thinking about it a lesson.
A bit of friendly advice going forward, I wouldn't discuss the reason or your ban anymore on here as discussing bans is against the rules on the forum, you dont want to give them a reason to ban you here too
@ClogWench I don't dc at all, in fact I've only ever dc'd once before what I did today. As I stated earlier it was an experiment to see if the devs actually ban people. While the question was answered I would like to see what it would be like without external affairs AKA Me not opening my big, stupid mouth. I didn't enjoy dcing at all and felt bad. Although we'll see what other experiments will result in.
@twistedmonkey Thanks for the advice! Will do!
You'd be banned during the next ban wave. That's it. What don't you ubderstand about that
@OrionsFury4789 Again not gonna self incriminate but what I will say is it wasn't an IP ban... Your right I am an idiot for telling the devs what I did. I just won't tell them anything. Also never said I was right in dcing, its wrong to do I know that. Although they have proven a point that I can't say as of right now. Its fine though I don't have to resort to insults in order to make my opinion seem correct, unlike you.
@ClogWench Well clearly they don't do them in waves. A great example of this would be me. Also my entire point in doing this is to try to get them to create a better system. I got away with 25 dc's before getting caught... 25! Imagine if they had a system like CS:GO or the like, this entire fiasco would have been avoided. People in this thread are focusing to much on how I got banned instead of Why I got banned. This should never have happened in the first place if the devs had an improved system (And if I hadn't opened my big mount).
@ClogWench If you could show me the last time a ban wave hit I would gladly stfu. Also my point is that this has been a persiting issue that hasn't been fully addressed. It doesn't seem that difficult to implement a system that could prevent things like this from happening. Although it would appear that you just can't accept that I had a reason for doing this. It was a ######### thing to do yes, but it proved a point, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge my point now do you? If you just want to keep spitting out the same sentences, then please do it elsewhere. I would gladly agree with you if you could prove your points or disprove mine.
Oh...
So that's the reason.
I wish i knew that far earlier.
@Eveline Yes it was. Now I know it only takes 25 games for ######### like me to get banned. No biggy
@Eveline Yeah it wasn't nice but it should be a wakeup call for the devs to fix their game.
You want a cookie?
This reminds me of the toxic attention seekers on the League forums that'd brag about not being banned and taunt the gm's. They were in the system and were due to be banned but because they decided to be jerks got moved up.
Then they complain when their behavior gets the expected results.
I had to DC earlier not because I wanted to but because I needed to go for my tea. I should have just stayed but I DC'd I don't ever dc. I don't like people who dc especially when survivors dc when they are getting moried or when there friend finds the hatch.
Waves of bans are completely ineffective. The only part that matters is how the remaining players experience is affected. To date I have not experienced a single % difference in the amount of DCs I face playing as killer or survivor.
Just because you don't see something doesn't means it's not there and the same is true for bans you don't see them but they do hit.
Once they get dedicated servers up and running and have all that hard data they can then tweak the system similar to how riot did it.
It doesn't matter if they are there if nothing about the amount I see changes. There, not there, the same number of games are ruined. Sorry, but Behav10r drags its collective asses. No one has the patience to wait years for them to finally get something effective enough to make a difference. They still haven't implemented a timer to timeout DC survivors mid game load so as not to leave everyone else in a 5-10 minute DC process.
Do you have actual facts to backup your claims because judging by the number of ban posts both here, on the Steam forum and on Reddit they do happen.
With over 5 million copies of the game sold you're still going to see people dc and realistically you have no way of knowing why they dc'd.
Their game could've crashed.
Their power could've gone out.
Their router reset
Their computer crashed (cough Windows updates cough)
Their power strip died/tripped.
Their apartment/college dorm/neighborhoods internet went down. (cough Comcast/CenturyLink/etc etc)
There could be a real life family emergency.
There could be a tornado warning and they've got to evacuate which has happened to friends in the midwest when a storm comes in unexpectedly.
There's countless reasons for a dc and you have absolutely no way of knowing why they happen or if it's their 1st time or 100th.
Also given that it's still peer to peer they can't implement that since the killer is the host which is why dedicated servers are needed to handle the protocols.