How would you balance Nurse?

Obviously Nurse has been S tier since her launch 10 years ago, and she is way too powerful in comparison to a lot of the roster. However, I'm not entirely sure how to even nerf her without her feeling awful to play and possibly being terrible.

Many people have suggested removing her ability to see auras, but while I think that might nerf casual Nurse players, I think Nurse mains would be pretty much just as powerful as ever.

How would you all change Nurse? Do you think removing aura reading while blinking would really make all the difference?

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • @Yamalive said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116659#Comment_4116659

    Everyone with a tiny bit of gamesense says so. For ages.

    Aura perks don't get enough hate for being free gamesense

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116658#Comment_4116658

    Lol. Content creators start crying about Aura builds and suddenly the entire community hates aura perks. Many such cases.

    I dont care about content creators. And i dont care about aura perks, if they serve the purpose to skyrocket the skill ceiling of killers like jason, huntress and trickster.

    But on all killers that are able to damage you from afar unconditionally with the press of a button, namely the nurse, the first and the judgement, aura perks water down the behavioural analysis of your enemies, that make the killer fun to play. I mained nurse for around 2k hours and i felt that aura perks would slowly make my brain lazy whenever i equipped them.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116658#Comment_4116658

    Does this not apply on the inverse side though? Why does a thousand hour trapper fare so poorly against 4 man swf or against any team with a moderate amount of game knowledge ignoring comms entirely?

    Yes it does!

    Buff trapper

  • Nurse is in good spot now. She doesn't need nerfs neither buffs. her lunge add on was only thing that had to go to make her more precise.

  • @Angy_Quentin said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116659#Comment_4116659

    I dont care about content creators. And i dont care about aura perks, if they serve the purpose to skyrocket the skill ceiling of killers like jason, huntress and trickster.

    But on all killers that are able to damage you from afar unconditionally with the press of a button, namely the nurse, the first and the judgement, aura perks water down the behavioural analysis of your enemies, that make the killer fun to play. I mained nurse for around 2k hours and i felt that aura perks would slowly make my brain lazy whenever i equipped them.

    Its almost like perks work differently at different levels of effectiveness for different killers and that the game is literally designed to be that way.

    Or do you like seeing the same 4 perks every single game?

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116715#Comment_4116715

    Its almost like perks work differently at different levels of effectiveness for different killers and that the game is literally designed to be that way.

    Or do you like seeing the same 4 perks every single game?

    You didnt pick up my point. Aura perks trivialize nurse, while they skyrocket huntress skill ceiling.

    Mostly, long range aura reading is healthy.

    Mostly, short range aura reading is unhealthy.

    Thats my point.

  • Let me stun her mid fatigue, please LOL

    So tired of my head on taking an exhaustion hit but no stun happens when I use it to defend myself from a blink

  • Status effect similar to Nemesis. Basically, she needs to hit thrice per hook state to down survivors. Bad/mediocre Nurses will be filtered out, good ones won't. Perfect compromise for such an unconventionally overtuned character.

  • Her whole thing is breathing right? Instead of nerfing/blinding/slowing her, i think it'd be cool to make her go crazier. like if you scream within certain distance, she teleports away from you (which would likely mess up her whole tracking).
    + I find her very hard to control on console (joystick controls), so maybe there is some way to make mouse control more like that. maybe people breathing hard between her and her intended destination cause her to arrive off course, like she was bent towards or away from the breathing.

  • @Arcturus said:

    Obviously Nurse has been S tier since her launch 10 years ago, and she is way too powerful in comparison to a lot of the roster. However, I'm not entirely sure how to even nerf her without her feeling awful to play and possibly being terrible.

    Many people have suggested removing her ability to see auras, but while I think that might nerf casual Nurse players, I think Nurse mains would be pretty much just as powerful as ever.

    How would you all change Nurse? Do you think removing aura reading while blinking would really make all the difference?

    So we want to nerf nurse but not judgement? How insane has this forum become.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472214/how-would-you-balance-nurse

    So we want to nerf nurse but not judgement? How insane has this forum become.

    Uh who said don't nerf Judgment? This forum post has only mentioned that Nurse should be nerfed, which I think people have been wanting for years, not that Judgment shouldn't be nerfed. The community still seems to be lacking in consensus on where Judgment belongs on a tier list, but personally I think once a little bit more time is given for more people to master her it's going to be painfully obvious she is S tier.

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117350#Comment_4117350

    Uh who said don't nerf Judgment? This forum post has only mentioned that Nurse should be nerfed, which I think people have been wanting for years, not that Judgment shouldn't be nerfed. The community still seems to be lacking in consensus on where Judgment belongs on a tier list, but personally I think once a little bit more time is given for more people to master her it's going to be painfully obvious she is S tier.

    Because I don't see this person or any other forum users calling for judgement nerfs. Clearly they think nurse is more deserving of nerfs than judgment.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117380#Comment_4117380

    Because I don't see this person or any other forum users calling for judgement nerfs. Clearly they think nurse is more deserving of nerfs than judgment.

    Nurse is a killer everyone has been wanting nerfed for years, essentially since her creation, so of course we want Nurse nerfed. She had been number 1 for far too long and needs an actual impactful change.

    Judgment is brand new, and as I said before, probably because of how much better a good Judgment is versus a bad or mediocre one, the community hasn't been able to reach a solid consensus and some people still think she's like B tier.

    Despite that, if you haven't seen people calling for Judgment nerfs you probably just missed them because there are plenty. This post is just bigger than most of them because it's something people agree on more.

  • not seeing auras during power usage is dumb, firstly because behaviour saying what a character should or not use is outrageous, secondly because nurse mains would still ######### on surv heads. Just reduce her turn rate after blink so she cant spin and hit or look into complete opposite direction before blinking again, that by itself would give blind spots for nurse and allow good survs to have a very clear counterplay

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117381#Comment_4117381

    Nurse is a killer everyone has been wanting nerfed for years, essentially since her creation, so of course we want Nurse nerfed. She had been number 1 for far too long and needs an actual impactful change.

    Judgment is brand new, and as I said before, probably because of how much better a good Judgment is versus a bad or mediocre one, the community hasn't been able to reach a solid consensus and some people still think she's like B tier.

    Despite that, if you haven't seen people calling for Judgment nerfs you probably just missed them because there are plenty. This post is just bigger than most of them because it's something people agree on more.

    Nurse has already been nerfed COUNTLESS times. Don't act as if she's never been touched she's been changed CONSTANTLY.

    It's WORSE that a brand new killer is considered S tier than one that's been out from released and balanced accordingly. SOMEONE has to be at the top, and I would rather that be nurse than most other killers in this game. Everytime there's a killer who's better than nurse it's a HUGE indicator that something extremely unhealthy is going on in the game. When spirit was better than nurse, it's because she was disgustingly broken and unfair and ruined the game. When PTB Twins was better than nurse, everyone could see how disgustingly OP and unhealthy that was and it was INSTANTLY reverted. Now the exact same is happening with judgement only far worse.

  • I mean if Nurse needs a nerf, maybe just start with reducing her power cooldown by .5 or 1 second. Might not sound like too much but it would make a big difference.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117382#Comment_4117382

    Nurse has already been nerfed COUNTLESS times. Don't act as if she's never been touched she's been changed CONSTANTLY.

    It's WORSE that a brand new killer is considered S tier than one that's been out from released and balanced accordingly. SOMEONE has to be at the top, and I would rather that be nurse than most other killers in this game. Everytime there's a killer who's better than nurse it's a HUGE indicator that something extremely unhealthy is going on in the game. When spirit was better than nurse, it's because she was disgustingly broken and unfair and ruined the game. When PTB Twins was better than nurse, everyone could see how disgustingly OP and unhealthy that was and it was INSTANTLY reverted. Now the exact same is happening with judgement only far worse.

    Chill man, I never said Nurse hasn't been nerfed. It's just a fact that her nerfs have never put her lower than number 1 and despite any nerfs, most of which have just been addon nerfs, she is too powerful. Judgment is an extremely controversial killer right now because she has a learning curve, some people are experiencing terrible Judgment players just going for adept and some are experiencing the people who have no-lifed her for weeks. It doesn't help that the MMR update just came out and makes it difficult to tell for some people if it's that Judgment is OP or if their teammates are just trash because of the MMR reset.

    I agree with you that I think she is too powerful, that she could even be stronger than Nurse. Posts have been made on this. But does that mean we can never talk about Nurse? Nurse being number 1 never stopped people from talking about how Blight should be nerfed.

  • @T1MEXII said:

    I mean if Nurse needs a nerf, maybe just start with reducing her power cooldown by .5 or 1 second. Might not sound like too much but it would make a big difference.

    I made a separate post after this one on a few different ways to change the Nurse, and the simplest one was to simply increase her recharge rate of her second blink from 3s to 5s to limit how much she is able to go for the easy adjustment blinks that guarantee a hit even when the first blink is a bit sloppy. If you make it a blanket cooldown time, Nurse already doesn't have that fast of long map traversal, most of her distance comes from her first blink, so I think having her first blink be on a bigger cooldown might actually make her traverse the map even slower than a 4.6 killer.

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117389#Comment_4117389

    I made a separate post after this one on a few different ways to change the Nurse, and the simplest one was to simply increase her recharge rate of her second blink from 3s to 5s to limit how much she is able to go for the easy adjustment blinks that guarantee a hit even when the first blink is a bit sloppy. If you make it a blanket cooldown time, Nurse already doesn't have that fast of long map traversal, most of her distance comes from her first blink, so I think having her first blink be on a bigger cooldown might actually make her traverse the map even slower than a 4.6 killer.

    I do think her second blink being 5 seconds is a little long, maybe as a test start with 4 seconds.

  • @T1MEXII said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117392#Comment_4117392

    I do think her second blink being 5 seconds is a little long, maybe as a test start with 4 seconds.

    I think considering how vast the gap is between Nurse and 90% of the rest of the roster, if anything increasing her cooldown on her second blink by 2s would be too little. If she was at perhaps Dracula's power level I might agree with you, but this is the number 1 strongest killer in the game for a decade.

    Honestly even with the 2s nerf, especially considering that even with Blight becoming 4.4 and losing charges on breaking a pallet he is still the second strongest killer in the game, I think at most this change would put Nurse down to second or third. It's just simple and easy to do as opposed to reworking her kit.

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117387#Comment_4117387

    Chill man, I never said Nurse hasn't been nerfed. It's just a fact that her nerfs have never put her lower than number 1 and despite any nerfs, most of which have just been addon nerfs, she is too powerful. Judgment is an extremely controversial killer right now because she has a learning curve, some people are experiencing terrible Judgment players just going for adept and some are experiencing the people who have no-lifed her for weeks. It doesn't help that the MMR update just came out and makes it difficult to tell for some people if it's that Judgment is OP or if their teammates are just trash because of the MMR reset.

    I agree with you that I think she is too powerful, that she could even be stronger than Nurse. Posts have been made on this. But does that mean we can never talk about Nurse? Nurse being number 1 never stopped people from talking about how Blight should be nerfed.

    Well both nurse and blight have been nerfed pretty similar amounts of times in recent years, the difference is nurse nerfs were a slap on the wrist compared to blight nerfs which massively hurt him.

    The gap between nurse and other killers is getting real close now that there's just no point nerfing her when bhvr is starting to release killers that match or even exceed her powerlevel. Clearly they are setting the precedent that new killers and reworks to come will be stronger or equal in power to nurse, so if we are concerned about nurse's power level we should be far more concerned about all the new killers which are about to come.

    If the argument for nerfing nurse and not judgement is that judgement has a skill curve, nurse has a thousand times greater of a skill curve than her. Judgement is brainless compared to nurse, it's simply that judgement has only just been released, whereas nurse has been in the game for 10 years.

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117389#Comment_4117389

    I made a separate post after this one on a few different ways to change the Nurse, and the simplest one was to simply increase her recharge rate of her second blink from 3s to 5s to limit how much she is able to go for the easy adjustment blinks that guarantee a hit even when the first blink is a bit sloppy. If you make it a blanket cooldown time, Nurse already doesn't have that fast of long map traversal, most of her distance comes from her first blink, so I think having her first blink be on a bigger cooldown might actually make her traverse the map even slower than a 4.6 killer.

    She already has slower longitudinal map traverse than a 115 killer.

    More importantly, this change would mean that nurse would never second blink ever unless it was 100% guaranteed, meaning she would just perma zone you every chase.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117390#Comment_4117390

    Well both nurse and blight have been nerfed pretty similar amounts of times in recent years, the difference is nurse nerfs were a slap on the wrist compared to blight nerfs which massively hurt him.

    The gap between nurse and other killers is getting real close now that there's just no point nerfing her when bhvr is starting to release killers that match or even exceed her powerlevel. Clearly they are setting the precedent that new killers and reworks to come will be stronger or equal in power to nurse, so if we are concerned about nurse's power level we should be far more concerned about all the new killers which are about to come.

    If the argument for nerfing nurse and not judgement is that judgement has a skill curve, nurse has a thousand times greater of a skill curve than her. Judgement is brainless compared to nurse, it's simply that judgement has only just been released, whereas nurse has been in the game for 10 years.

    I fundamentally disagree with a lot of what you said here. Honestly every change to both Nurse and Blight have been slaps on the wrist, especially considering they have not budged from the top 2 spots for their entire lifespans.

    The gap between Nurse and Blight is very small at this point, however even the gap between Nurse and a killer like Dracula, who usually is considered somewhere around the 5th or 6th strongest killer in the game, is still way too big. And that's Dracula. Ignoring the D and C tier killers that obviously need buffs, even compared to B tier or A tier killer Nurse is monumentally stronger. Do you really think Springtrap isn't that far off from Nurse?

    Some of the new releases are too strong or their kits are too bloated, yes. I still don't like Jason and think there is way too much in his kit and he invalidates several killers and power creeps half the roster, and like I said I agree that I think Judgment is too strong. However, again, I never said I'm arguing that Judgment should not be nerfed. All I said was whether Judgment needs a nerf or not, Nurse does as well.

    I also disagree with the notion that Nurse is immensely harder to play than Judgment. While I have not played a bunch of the newly buffed Judgment, I was able to pick up Nurse within a couple hours of match time and I think I'm a pretty decent Nurse. She is not hard. The new Judgment is not hard to medium range shots on, especially with aura reading, but even with the .8s now making it infinitely easier to simply react to a survivor's movements in chase, I still think there is probably a bit more skill involved with Judgment at close range, at the very least out of Zealous

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4117397#Comment_4117397

    I fundamentally disagree with a lot of what you said here. Honestly every change to both Nurse and Blight have been slaps on the wrist, especially considering they have not budged from the top 2 spots for their entire lifespans.

    The gap between Nurse and Blight is very small at this point, however even the gap between Nurse and a killer like Dracula, who usually is considered somewhere around the 5th or 6th strongest killer in the game, is still way too big. And that's Dracula. Ignoring the D and C tier killers that obviously need buffs, even compared to B tier or A tier killer Nurse is monumentally stronger. Do you really think Springtrap isn't that far off from Nurse?

    Some of the new releases are too strong or their kits are too bloated, yes. I still don't like Jason and think there is way too much in his kit and he invalidates several killers and power creeps half the roster, and like I said I agree that I think Judgment is too strong. However, again, I never said I'm arguing that Judgment should not be nerfed. All I said was whether Judgment needs a nerf or not, Nurse does as well.

    I also disagree with the notion that Nurse is immensely harder to play than Judgment. While I have not played a bunch of the newly buffed Judgment, I was able to pick up Nurse within a couple hours of match time and I think I'm a pretty decent Nurse. She is not hard. The new Judgment is not hard to medium range shots on, especially with aura reading, but even with the .8s now making it infinitely easier to simply react to a survivor's movements in chase, I still think there is probably a bit more skill involved with Judgment at close range, at the very least out of Zealous

    They have not changed in their entire life span? First of all that would be a healthy thing for the game if it were true, because it's much better to have nurse and blight at the top than something like judgement and vecna 2. But that's not even true, because spirit, billy, and now judgement have all had periods where they are better.

    Blight is probably not even a top 3 killer now (maybe just it's hard to tell) at the top level and people are starting to pick up on this. His latest nerfs make him vulnerable to being pallet chained and stuck in long chases.

    Springtrap is far off nurse sure, but spring trap is an AVERAGE killer, and nurse is the second best. The gap between B and S tier killers is nothing like it used to be and way closer. Sure nurse is stronger than dracula but it's not like they are worlds apart. At the end of the day SOMEONE has to be stronger, and you gotta pick your poison. The top 5-10 killers are all honestly alot closer than you might think, the top 5 is infact rather debatable these days, indicating the gap is massively shrinking.

    You might think that in your average public match nurse isn't that hard to play sure, she's not incredibly hard, but at a very high level there's so much more that goes into playing nurse than could ever go into judgement. You have to constantly make little movements, key inputs and decisions which can be game changing, and whilst it doesn't look as flashy as judgement, it takes alot more precision and skill to pull off against the best teams. Blight is even more so as that killer is EXTREMELY unforgiving and much more difficult to pull off.

  • My opinion when I played her was always a mix of it's always the maps not having good LoS blockers with her and too many information perks she can take advantage of.

    I wouldn't necessarily remove her aura reading when blinking but if I did change it I would specifically remove aura reading if she doesn't have all her blinks fully charged. That way she can make use of aura reading perks but if she is mid chase or blinks to activate Nowhere To Hide as an example she has to wait a moment if she wants to proc aura reading.

    Truthfully the main thing I personally feel she needs is better maps to play against her. A lot of the newer maps are a 50 50 on if they have any good cover against her. It would be an impossible task I think but I'd specifically make it so that LoS blockers are taller specifically when Nurse is on the map.

    When I played her I adamantly refused to use addons on her because I felt she was too strong but I quit playing her after Pain Res got added because I felt she was too powercreeped with the amount of perks available considering she doesn't have to account for windows, walls or pallets in her perk builds. So it's just gen regression and aura reading.

    Also yes - I understand reading through the thread there's like a small minority of players who are gods at her and then there's the average pool of players using her. I'm being realistic and basing my opinion on the average Nurse player who is capable of getting at minimum 2 kills per game but occasionally will miss a blink.

1 2 ›