Could Windows of Opportunity (+killer perk) be base-kit?
Windows of Opportunity is one of the most used dead by daylight perks. The perk is definitely strong and very useful but it would also help solo queue. Of course if this ever became a thing then killer would also need a base-kit perk.
My suggestion for a base-kit killer perk to help killer would be Corrupt Intervention. Instead of being nearest to killer though, it would block the three closest to survivors. So it would acts as a information perk too. This time though it will only last for 60 seconds and when a survivor is put into the dying state then it is removed.
Comments
I don't want the game to continue to become more braindead, if you want to have an easier time playing bring perks or items to help you.
Note: maps exist.
Already suggested 8-6 years ago…
Not everyone likes this perk as survivor (a lot doesn't need it at all, it's situational) & tbh there is a better perk than this 'Windows Of Opportunity' rn.
And for killer, Corrupted Intervention isn't required for all killers.
So for these reasons, I think your suggestion isn't good enough to be justified…
i dont even believe corrupt intervention is even that good of a perk when you can mostly predict where you need to go to start the first chase as long as the map doesnt spawn killer in the middle. you should be entering your first chase quite quick normally, in about the same amount of time as corrupt would naturally funnel you in the right direction and then when the first down happens you just lose an entire perk meanwhile you could just run a different perk instead.
This is true, though it seems like its pickrate is declining in current times. It was 35% around six months ago, but seems to be hovering around 22% nowadays.
I don't think it is that useful. Most practical application of windows of opportunity is on maps like midwich where you can call out all of the god pallet spawns. (To be more specific, if you see a pallet down-7 then you know that you have the bathroom god-filler, as nothing else spawns there in midwich's psuedo-fixed layout.)
The biggest issue with windows is that it does not tell you how strong a resource is, only that a resource exists there. Windows is never a replacement for properly scouting the map on maps that are meaningfully randomized (80%+ of them.)
Beyond its pretty pitiful usefulness to good players, windows also adds a very large amount of visual clutter to the screen. Personally, I would rather not have windows even if it didn't take up a perk slot to use. It does not provide me, or any competent player for that matter, with information valuable enough to warrant the visual clutter.
Something like Deja-Vu or Bond give you more actionable information on where to take chase than windows ever could. If we are to add basekitted perks to "Aid soloqueue", bond and kindred would serve that purpose better (though i am doubtful as to how necessary that is)
I would be fine with corrupt-intervention basekit, but the problem is that it just gives an extra slot to stack more gen slowdown if it is basekitted.
Does this really solve anything with the slowdown meta? I don't think so.
Its not a bad change, but the slowdown "economy" would have to be tweaked in order to account for the extra perk slot it gives killers that are running full meta. (Currently, Corrupt/PainRes/Pop/Eruption)
I also fear that a 60 second corrupt would incentivize all survivors to stealth at the start of the game to wait it out. This is a common strategy against killers like plague already- even when it requires no one being found for 180 seconds! This could potentially incentivize survivors to play LESS aggressive at the start of the match.
Windows needs a nerf not to be made basekit in any way.
nah when five moves ahead a much better version of windows exists.
Already nerfed tho'.
truth nuke
How was it nerfed?, I genuinely don't know.
survivors dictate where chases go and windows is meta because of it corrupt should have been basekit since 6.1 since they added it going away when you get your first down
Devs put a cooldown of 20 sec. on it… then next they remove it again… if I recall it correctly.
It has never been nerfed in its existence. It has been buffed everytime they changed the perk. They never added the cooldown it was on the perk from the start they changed the values first and then they removed the cooldown totally. There has not been anything that would be called a nerf on it ever.
Windows is not a perk that every survivor wants to run. Just like not every killer wants to run aura perks.
Also the benefit of Corrupt Intervention is much stronger than an information perk.
Well, as I use it since 2018, I perfectly remember an attempt from the devs to change this perk tho', because you already have this thread about this perk (complaints about this perk aren't new).
Also they have a countdown for a short while, reduce or expand the distance of the visible auras. Then they remove it bc nobody used it anymore.
https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Windows_of_Opportunity
Patch 3.0.0
Patch 5.3.0
I guess you aren't playing this perk or the game in this time period…
and how is your list here anyway saying anything against what I said? You yourself are just providing prove that it got buffed both times. It has not got any nerfs ever as I said and even you yourself proved it with your post.
I only know that windows of opportunity was buffed in the past, the cool down was removed so it constantly shows aura of the pallets/windows, it was never nerfed.
That cooldown was in the release version of the perk with longer cooldown it was never added it was first made shorter and then removed. There has not been any nerf to it as both of those are buffs.
I disagree, Windows of Oppotunity is the second most used perk in the game, just behind Lithe. Being able to see pallets and windows can be a settings like how you can change aura colors.
Not every survivor wants to run it. That's why its pick rate is not 100%.
I agree that not every survivor wants to run it but wouldn't you agree that guessing if a pallet is there is bad for your team. I mean going down it 5 seconds because your teammate throws all pallets. At least you'll know where a window is to last a little longer.
I want to use my game sense and map knowledge to find my way around as a survivor. It's fine to have the option if you want/need it, but if it is basekit then there is no incentive for anyone to learn where things are and how to path properly.