Vigil
So as someone who played this game a LOOOONG time I remember that Vigil was at 40% and that's when it was basically never used, then they buffed it to the ridiculous 66% it was until now. I understand 66% is too much but I feeel 40% is perfect and if anything actually need to be nerfed they could nerfed its duration for others (5s after leaving range instead of 15s) or even remove it entirely preventing SWF to milk it. I just think 30% is extremely low and if it wasn't used at 40% then I doubt it'll be at 30% in a much faster pace environment than 2017.
I don't understand why the perk can't be repurposed to be mostly solo. I'm saying that bc Quentin was one of my first survivor and I feel it's a shame the perk has to be killed bc you cannot think of anything else to balance it. Now that we have other perks reducing exhaustion you could even remove it entirely from the list of debuff it helps regen faster, vigil has always been more about negating broken and exposed.
Comments
The perk was heavily overtuned since it affected every status effect and gave it to your teammates in an aoe.
annnd now its useless.
it's really not though, people were only using it for the exhaustion or to abuse stb/deli shenanigans. Plus its legit a 4 second nerf.
I used to use vigil a good bit when sloppy butcher was more common. It helped in situations like Thanataphobia and Sloppy Butcher, there's literally nothing wrong with a perk synergizing with other perks, not everything needs to be niche. Vigil is dead. they more than halved the value of the perk.
Right now yes, but it's being nerfed again in a bugfix to be 30% and only affect exhaustion
Vigil was at 30% BTW so its still higher.
Yeah my bad forgot to clarify thats how it used to be used and now it just is used for exhaustion. Which is why I was saying it was overturned since it gave 8 effects when you only needed 1-2
Vigil at 30% only affecting Exhaustion is worse than Release Vigil. I dont know how they always do it…
any thoughts on what they should have done with it?
If their main concern is that it affects too many status effects, it is fine to let it only affect Exhaustion. But then nerfing the percentage as well is too much.
The only time I personally ever ran Vigil was when I ran into a string of killers with Mindbreaker or similar and got sick of just accepting that I'm going to be blind and exhausted half the game if I don't want to be useless. Now it's just a dead perk to me.
Given that Vigil has existed all while they've been releasing killer powers and perks that inflict these status effects does this mean they're now going to go back and take a look at how spammy and obnoxious some of these can be? No? Then this is just a hand out for killers since they were obviously balancing for the existence of Vigil before.
Whatever. Killers will find something new to whine about next.
It should at least go back to 40%. 66% was probably still too much regardless even with it being exhaustion only, but the additional nerf down to 30% seems unnecessary.
Tell me you didn't read a single word of the original post without telling me you didn't read a single world of the original post.
Guess what, they reverted the perk to 40% and so it affects everything
Edit: the nerf where it be 30% and affects only exhastion will be in some hot fix, mb
Yeah I see how that looks stupid, I mainly meant that's why everything they were talking about got removed n such.
good. Ideally they just remove the way it interacts with Hindered.
Check the edit there, mb
I wouldn't mind it affecting multiple status effects as long as it didn't also affect hindered, killer powers and exhaustion. Sure keep the blindness, oblivious whatever. Just don't make it counter killer powers and enhance the strongest set of perks in the game.
The name of it needs changed, what are you keeping vigil of. That's the part that bothers me.