Deranking

there are certain streamers that are deranking and playing as groups and ruining the game for newer players
please address this issue dear devs ! they are making newer players quit playing your game by giving them a really bad experience !!

PS: my other thread got closed by a mod because I named the streamers that are deranking and ruining the fun of the game for new players .
I was accused of shaming those streamers because I used words like Toxic, Deranker , Pleb ..
I respect the mods Decision, but in this thread I name no streamer as I understand that half of the forum knew already about the issue and about them.

Comments

  • the reason why it got closed is not because you talked about the problem, but that you said their names.
    you would have been fine by saying that there are certain streamers out there who derank on purpose and therefore ruin the game for others, but by mentioning their names, you name shamed them.
    its the forums rules, it cant be helped.
    @MandyTalk just did her job.

  • Edited as you changed the thread.

    I do agree deranking, dcing and dodging need looking at.

    Deranking should not be able to happen so easily, the matchmaking is at fault as it's so easy to rank up and derank, they could help in a way solve this by making dcing have a harsher punishment as deranking the other way would take a lot longer, it's a start at least.

    Those who promote it are an issue but only those who the devs have as "ambassadors" can be asked not too by them and I believe they may have already.

    The others can only be dealt with by making a change so its non viable.
  • "The truth is out there" sounds so dramatic 
  • I've had it all day. Killers running macros, survivors going for killers attention then giving up instantly on hook.

    It blows.
  • @Mister_xD said:
    the reason why it got closed is not because you talked about the problem, but that you said their names.
    you would have been fine by saying that there are certain streamers out there who derank on purpose and therefore ruin the game for others, but by mentioning their names, you name shamed them.
    its the forums rules, it cant be helped.
    @MandyTalk just did her job.

    yeah I don't blame her, I mean at least 600 ppl read my post and saw whats going on exactly .
    somebody had to make a thread and call them out one by one

  • @The_Crusader said:
    I've had it all day. Killers running macros, survivors going for killers attention then giving up instantly on hook.

    It blows.

    Macros? For what?
    Cause if it's nothing but walking or smacking, that's botting, which is reportable.

  • @Mister_xD said:
    the reason why it got closed is not because you talked about the problem, but that you said their names.
    you would have been fine by saying that there are certain streamers out there who derank on purpose and therefore ruin the game for others, but by mentioning their names, you name shamed them.
    its the forums rules, it cant be helped.
    @MandyTalk just did her job.

    yeah I don't blame her, I mean at least 500 ppl read my post and saw whats going on exactly .
    somebody had to make a thread and call them out one by one

    When you say deranking streamer or deranking fog streamer many already know who are talking about. I loved watching the smurfs come defend it though. They do everytime.
  • @fcc2014 said:
    harry14141414 said:

    @Mister_xD said:

    the reason why it got closed is not because you talked about the problem, but that you said their names.

    you would have been fine by saying that there are certain streamers out there who derank on purpose and therefore ruin the game for others, but by mentioning their names, you name shamed them.

    its the forums rules, it cant be helped.

    @MandyTalk just did her job.

    yeah I don't blame her, I mean at least 500 ppl read my post and saw whats going on exactly .

    somebody had to make a thread and call them out one by one

    When you say deranking streamer or deranking fog streamer many already know who are talking about. I loved watching the smurfs come defend it though. They do everytime.

    anyways apparently I am not supposed to call names and say exactly how and why they are ruining the game experience for new players !
    however , ppl like you knw what I'm saying <3

  • Doesnt matter if you broke the rules, you are right. It's a joke that BHVR keeps supporting derankers as fog whisperers.
  • @Vietfox said:
    Doesnt matter if you broke the rules, you are right. It's a joke that BHVR keeps supporting derankers as fog whisperers.

    I love your comment, so true so straightforward <3 thank you !

  • Yeah it's pretty gross that they're so willing to turn a blind eye to it like that. I know I've heard talk about DC punishments, though I don't know what truth there is to it.
  • Thank you guys for the supporting comments !
    I know my post got closed because I named those streamers one by one but I'm glad that there is actualy more than one person that thinks deranking is so toxic and bullshit
    one could argue and say if you wanna be a fog whisperer, all you have to do is to stream + swf with 4 man DS flashlights and also Derank to green ranks and ruin the fun of the game for new players .

  • I do think the ranking system is heavily flawed and this wouldn't be as bad as it is if they actually had a better matchup system. Base it on hours played as most people suggest.
  • @ClogWench said:
    I do think the ranking system is heavily flawed and this wouldn't be as bad as it is if they actually had a better matchup system. Base it on hours played as most people suggest.

    yes I wish something like this could be possible

  • @Vietfox said:
    Doesnt matter if you broke the rules, you are right. It's a joke that BHVR keeps supporting derankers as fog whisperers.

    so straightforward

    Yeah i'm always like this, can't help it.
  • @Vietfox said:
    Doesnt matter if you broke the rules, you are right. It's a joke that BHVR keeps supporting derankers as fog whisperers.

    Cuz theiry stream boost the game database.
    Some get banned even 3 times and then get back ...

  • That overall deranking and DCing BS and some other stuff are the reasons why im currently done with this game or rather take a break at least. It's a shame that especially streamers and/or YTers can live their double standards and hypocrisy without consequences and the devs literally give a f***. The wrong people get attention and the wrong people get whiteknighted.

  • People are obsessed with streamers like they are Gods and will defend them like their life depends on it.

    But forum has rules, they are not protecting anyone just moderating.
  • @twistedmonkey

    I do agree deranking, dcing and dodging need looking at.

    Same, but;

    Deranking should not be able to happen so easily,

    In other games it also easy and not an issue. In HeartStone you can just join a ranked match and DC, yet HeartStone doesn't face any Deranking issues even though deranking is the easiest thing, since there are no penalties to DC'ing.

    Maybe the issues lies elsewhere, rather than it being about ease?

  • That overall deranking BS and some other stuff are the reasons why im currently done with this game or rather take a break at least. It's a shame that especially streamers and/or YTers can live their double standards and hypocrisy without consequences and the devs literally give a f***. The wrong people get attention and the wrong people get whiteknighted.

    To be fair many Streamers and YouTube's have been banned and they do actively enforce it.

    The problem is they play so much compared to the dcing ratio that it will never happen for what they do as that's automatic, it's why the bans for dcing should be harsher imo.

    If they're overly toxic they do get banned just look at the toxic players favourite who was pc hardware banned by EAC after a few temp ones by the devs and is now banned from their other chosen platform.
  • One simply does not talk about bad sportsmanlike activity, especially if you have proof of it because they might feel bad if their publicly shamed for their bad behaviour?

    That's some logic right there.

  • @twistedmonkey

    I do agree deranking, dcing and dodging need looking at.

    Same, but;

    Deranking should not be able to happen so easily,

    In other games it also easy and not an issue. In HeartStone you can just join a ranked match and DC, yet HeartStone doesn't face any Deranking issues even though deranking is the easiest thing, since there are no penalties to DC'ing.

    Maybe the issues lies elsewhere, rather than it being about ease?

    Agreed the real issue lies in why people want to derank.

    I think one of the issues has to be easier game for more blood points as the game is essentially a blood point grind it could also be why people get so mad at certain strategies.

    The other issue is fun where a lot of players seem to see the game as a more casual experience and something to screw around in so that lends to the idea of a casual mode.

    The problem is with the game being such a grind how would a casual mode work? Do you play in ranked to unlock what you want and then move characters over? do you get blood points just less of them? Do you unlock everything in it apart from offerings and items so you have something to work towards?

    I personally don't know how it would work out but something needs done.

    Making dcing more punishable is an easy start until the actual problem gets addressed but I personally think it should be done on a timeout basis that scales rather than banning.
  • They cant really punish dcing tho 
    I mean if they force punishments for dcing ppl will start killing themselves on hooks ! Rather than just quitting to main menu.

  • They cant really punish dcing tho 
    I mean if they force punishments for dcing ppl will start killing themselves on hooks ! Rather than just quitting to main menu.

    At least it would solve the bbq stack loss, pip and bloodpoints for killer, nothing will stop survivors killing themselves but punishing for dcing is to make sure survivors and killers don't do it as you cant punish just the killers and they can't kill themselves like survivors.
  • Until rank has meaning, deranking will exist. It does not bother me in most cases as it is usually just a want to avoid the toxicity of red ranks. In the cases of bullying newer players, I think it sucks. How do you fix it though?

  • @Eveline said:
    People are obsessed with streamers like they are Gods and will defend them like their life depends on it.

    Exactly this. That's one of the dark sides of the internet nowadays. It creates false idols and people literally threw their brain away if they even had one.

  • I mean even Fog Whisperers will Derank with no penalties so Obviously the Devs don't mind it. Sucks for the newer players who are playing against people with 1k+ hours, If they face these kinds of people constantly you bet they're not going to want to play the game for much longer.

  • New players are on rank 20...
    Esports world champions players dc from 1 to 20, to ruin the newbies games? mmmm

    I think PRO Esport players of the world and space... derank -2 or -5 (as much) to find matches.

  • Deranking is a symptom of a bigger problem. Same with all the damn DC'ing that happen close to every game.