Never bring back poison again

Yes the event is survivor sided and needs to be adjusted but please never bring back poison again, it's literally just a mechanic to give free hits. Give killers any buff you want to do but debuffing survivors to the point they can't move is the least fun thing you could have come up with in a game where you made looping a core mechanic.

Comments

  • I'd much rather have had fitting killer powers for each menu, like the survivors get honestly.

  • A stamina bar is the worst thing BHVR brought to this game. While I'm glad its only for the event, the poison alone ruins the fun for me.

  • Well if they give survivor that amouth of bs like now in this event I dont see nothing bad about poison only thing that can be called bad is thats not fun and engaging play but that same with survivors getting global heals from table or making pallets unbreakable and then can vault them over and over or use and spam invisibility and escape chases super free or abuse portals.

    In short if one side gets that much of a crap then other side should get it too.

    Not to mention on 1 gen left survivors can get 20 seconds of elusive and endurece while killer gets 20 seconds of lightborn or oblivious which arent same effects in power thats like pigs dashj vs mayers one in terms of usefullness.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    A stamina bar is the worst thing BHVR brought to this game. While I'm glad its only for the event, the poison alone ruins the fun for me.

    Wait for the first perks which uses it. My bet is on a stamina version of dragon grip.

  • I barely use poison for throwing it as killer, it feels bad to use and feels bad to receive the effect. I mostly use it to poison food carts.

    I guess the devs had not enough time to design fitting killer menus and plastered a quick power idea onto the killer side to have SOMETHING there.

  • It is pretty powerful. But the survs get mad bonuses with the food. And I've survived a full poison debuff mid chase a few times. Mindgaming on loops or whisking away in a portal.

  • I would agree also but outplaying the killer whilst they spam the poison feels so rewarding which modern dbd lacks imo lol

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    It is pretty powerful. But the survs get mad bonuses with the food. And I've survived a full poison debuff mid chase a few times. Mindgaming on loops or whisking away in a portal.

    Fact is on some loops or with pallet being unbreakable the poison is just meh thing and even good loopers can deal with it well sometimes.

  • I think poisoning the food is an okay idea. Something else should be put in for chase.

    It worries me that the stamina bar may be a concept being tested in relation to Exhaustion or some other perks I'm not a fan of Exhasuation but that would be a terrible idea.

  • The sad thing is, killers complain about everything in this event but have the most broken mechanic for the full match time.

  • @Yamalive said:

    The sad thing is, killers complain about everything in this event but have the most broken mechanic for the full match time.

    you can have access to a broken mechanic in the game and have things you have issues with as well. they arent mutually exclusive and killers nor survivors chose what went into the event.

    I do not see the point of this comment other than trying to insinuate that your not allowed to complain about something if there is something that another person could complain about with you. That doesnt make sense. you can complain about both things.

  • @Xendritch said:

    Yes the event is survivor sided and needs to be adjusted but please never bring back poison again, it's literally just a mechanic to give free hits. Give killers any buff you want to do but debuffing survivors to the point they can't move is the least fun thing you could have come up with in a game where you made looping a core mechanic.

    its not tho you jsut need to not deplete your stamina if you drop a pallet and stand there for a bit you can keep it from slowing you down you just have to no w key around the map

  • From the killer PoV the poison does nothing.

  • There's obviously a lot of nuance around this topic, so I appreciate all the perspectives you're sharing in this thread. Don't hesitate to keep 'em coming - both Killer and Survivor POVs! - and I'll make sure to share the feedback with the team.

  • @Yamalive said:

    The sad thing is, killers complain about everything in this event but have the most broken mechanic for the full match time.

    Survivor can literally trap the killer and keep them hostage for 60 minutes and your calling a stamina bar that has 2 easy counters with a perk combo and just not using the full stamina bar by using the litteral 35+ pallets they give you plus the busted good and insta heal really a slow down is the strongest thing. Ya I dont think so sounds like you hsut dont understand the stamina bar and dont like it sense you cant just key pallet to pallet you have to manage somthing.

  • Outside of the event, where I understand that it is a counter to the survivor buffs, the stamina bar thing is awful. Hindered is already a nasty status effect, and the stamina bar makes it almost impossible to move. The average survivor would find this very hard to play around if it were in the main game.