I know some are not happy with who is directing the DBD movie.
BUT…………………………the movie is for DBD fans. All DBD and actually one of his movies I did love, if you like a slow burn, just mystery, not action action. We don't want a Wan or Roth, also the Frank Stone was a flop for me. Let's give in hopes to someone for the fans, for the game, not some big name. I have seen a lot of good movies by peeps no one knows :)
Comments
I am… cautiously optimistic (although that's my general demeanor so idk if that says much)
But I don't quite know how he intends to capture the game. They used the word 'dread' a lot, which felt a bit… forced.
The Damned was a very good movie, depending on ones taste, but wan and roth haven't always delivered the best of movies, perhaps it is a forced word for a reason, I am also a person on the now full season of From and haven't a clue lol but if I have hopes for it been a fan based movie not an audience box office movie.
Him being an unknown isn't my issue. The film's fate was decided just being a Blumhouse film. I'm sure their inexplicably large fanbase would diaagree but I really wish A24 was doing it. Then it at least wouldn't be be a cheap, hollow piece of merchandisable trash.
A24 would have been perfect
Yeah I'm not even a massive fan but they at least put effort and thought into things.
I cannot think of an A24 movie I dislike but it's rare I'll be completely dissatisfied.
The real test will be how the Elden Ring movie turns out. A half decent DBD movie should be a cakewalk compared to something like that.
dbd will be just as good as fnaf :)
I mean, could have been worse. Could have been Uwe Boll directing the movie.
I have only ever liked one Uwe Boll movie in my entire life and that was Tunnel Rats.
It's going to be exactly like the Fnaf, Mario, and Minecraft movies. Just fanservice trying to be funny and quirky to cover up the complete lack of any cohesive plot, character writing, or passion. Genuinely my least favorite kind of movie.
For sure. My hope is that it's lore heavy, and not just following 4 survivors around as they work out to escape trials
Or Matthias fckn Schweighöfer. We love that guy. Manta Manta and Manta Manta 2 are great. /s
A movie should be good on its own tho.
You shouldnt have to be a fan of the ip to enjoy the movie. The its for the fans saying just let's studios make worse movies crammed with hey look the thing. Let's hope for a backrooms movie not a fnaf movie.
Thats a really low bar tho.
It's not whos making it is what I'm worried about. It's the "it's for the fans" I'm worried about as usually movies like that are… painfully mediocre.
Yeah, that's my concern.
A24 would incorporate really bad dialogue and make it too torture porny. Blumhouse is more likely to be fun. But the odds of a DBD movie being good are already really low. Do any of us really know the lore? Is the movie going to end with them all dying? How boring.