what is cross examination usefulness now?
i dislike that bhvr couldn't think out of the box in a way to nerf this perk without butchering it however they took the most loud opinion on the matter that just renders the perk useless most of the time.
what is the point of following a killer to get elusive for if it's not gonna help in chase? flashlight saves maybe? but we already got the renato perk for that
if it just got a cooldown for after the 5s of elusive end it might have been fine but now that it's strictly outside chase i don't see the point? we really don't need more useless perks especially since it takes a looooong time to get perk buffs.
at least make the elusive last a while longer than only 5s.
Comments
People need to speak with their money, because that's the language that matters in business. For me, new killers and new survivors are different. A new killer is a shiny new toy to play with, while new survivors don't do anything different to older survivors. They're just a new skin. For me, the appeal is in perks and if there's nothing worthwhile then why would I pay for it? May as well just wait for the Shrine
How is it still useful? I just don't see how being elusive outside of someone else's chase is even remotely useful. They're not focused on you, so they don't care. If they're paranoid someone is lingering around, they'll still check the area. Anything outside of the chase, the elusiveness won't last anywhere near long enough to warrant dropping your objective to get in the way of a chase in progress and go back to what you were doing…
There's just nothing to warrant its use.
I personally am thinking of it as a better old self preservation. Aside from that you can rat and wait for the killer to kick the gen then sprint burst away with elusive, and you can also use it for shift teching.
You're better of just running Distortion for that situation though. The light trail isn't that big to safely trail the killer that's going up to the gen to kick it then run away. They'll also more likely see you and go after you, and by that time, the elusiveness is gone.
Because Jason is making them a ton of money. This perk won't. Neither would the changes from the nuked anti-tunnel ptb. Neither did Krasue. Neither did fog vials. Profit is the main motivator. Survivors can suffer for the meantime because BHVR knows only so many will permanently quit.
I mean perks and killers have always had different balance cycles unless it was genuinely insane. Krasue on release was literally better than Blight and almost if not stronger than Nurse. The anti-tunnel and anti-slug PTB were so abusable that people weren't even paying attention to Krasue which is why she wasn't nerfed immediately. Either way killers on PTB play significantly different than in games, sometimes a killer in the PTB is insane then it sucks in actual gameplay. (The Harmless) Same goes for perks, essentially what I am meaning is that most of the time changes aren't immediately needed unless it is genuinely broken.
I have been playing loads of survivor over the past few months and I physically cannot comprehend why people are complaining. Like my only complaint about Jason is that OE counterplay is a bit boring when spammed with hexes, aside from that he feels really fun to play against.
I don't think the nerf was bad enough to call this a "butchered" perk.
It just does not allow free escapes from chase anymore. Still, it is basically on the level of old Distortion.
I would probably ditch the Elusive in exchange for sounds muffling only, and let it work in chase, with the caveat you need to stay on the marks for longer than a milisecond.
It's not the trend I've seen. Sales seem pretty relevant. Krasue had the bad luck of also being designed alongside anti-tunnel but she was never really popular. Even on day one I only saw a few. And she was obtainable through shards. So they nerfed her. Henry hasn't been super popular either so he took his nerfs pretty quietly.
Jason is in the unique position of being long sought after, possibly being the biggest money maker they've ever had, and having a tremendously obnoxious fanboy collective that will definitely be loud. Much like Ghoul, this rep he's gaining for easy and cheesy wins will keep the money flowing, and I doubt any meaningful nerfs will happen for some time. Probably just some small adjustments. This game was a passion project once but those days are over. Companies chase money. That's just reality. The thing they have to weigh is how many people they can afford to lose in soloq.
I've played at least 50 matches agaiant this killer. Maybe you're going against different sorts of Jasons then me but mine have all known how to maximize his overstuffed kit and 9/10 have been using that kit to easily hard tunnel. I have never seen so much tunneling at 5 gens back to back to back to back. I can't say I find it fun to be hit with a spear through endurance and then rundown by haste so I'm dead 10s after an unhook. Or to be speared so I bounce off a nearby object and have zero opportunity to make distance.
In my experience, during solo queue killers don't really tunnel me so I don't really experience this as much as my teammates or you might. So my current solution to this problem so far is by playing relatively passive with STB, dh/sb, vigil, botany, and you just play passive and pre run until someone hits death hook and you stb teammate essentially giving you guys the win.
Either way this is my personal experience, I haven't had much trouble winning my matches as of late unless my teammates just let the killer snowball or they don't hide while on death hook and instead work on the same gen they've died at 2 times in a row.
And killers will still complain about DS, Deliverance, Shoulder the burden.
If surviviors don't get any meaningful perks then what are they supposed to use?
I wonder if our jason complains will be worked on after killing 25% of survivior content (survivior Shane and 3 perks - thats all surviviors get for anniversary)
the entire idea behind the perk was not great to begin with . Better this than a perk that broke the entire idea of chasing .
Beast of Prey gives free Undetectable during chase for 40 seconds, not sure why survivors can't slip away occasionally too. Other perks like Parental Guidance, Dance with Me, Poised etc all work when being chased.
I'm more disappointed that this was nerfed and they felt they had to put it in the patch notes in advance to avoid the usual outcry.
If I had to hazard a guess, it's because:
1) the feedback/stats on Jason being overtuned is much more mixed than some people on the forum would like to believe
2) almost every killer has some sort of learning curve attached to them and we're still well in the phase of people learning counterplay
3) Elusive is by far the most impactful status effect that they've ever made, and the devs didn't think through the ramifications of slapping it on a perk that involves following the killer. (The pitch idea probably started with "What if the killer had scratch marks?")
Imo elusive should only work for anti-tunnel perks. Elusive as a whole is genuinely just so broken to get 4 perks for free when other perks give half as many effects as elusive, still gives you a way to track them, and has an activation requirement/downside. Cross-examination has none of the previous mentioned drawbacks it is simply get the strongest status effect in the game for playing the game..
Idk if I'd say Elusive should only be on anti-tunnel perks. For example, I think it works pretty well on Extrasensory Perception. But I agree completely on Cross-Examination. Pretty ridiculous lack of foresight from the devs.
I could see it working for select cases like extrasensory and self preservation as those are pretty healthy atm.
If a worthless killer perk is the only instance in which that status is 'allowed' you might as well remove it from the game.
I wanted it to get nerfed too. But this feels overboard to me, now that’s literally 0 point to running it outside of niche flashlight plays moments even then it’s still really bad.
I can maybe see some use if you’re good at shift tec-ing and at a tall jungle gym. But how often does shift tecing really do anything.