Which survivor license would you like the most?
in Polls
As we all know the anniversary is coming up. I at first thought the original survivor was going to be the mid chapter survivor. However the original survivor comes out a week after Jason comes out, which means the mid chapter likely will still have a licensed survivor(s). I want to know who is the most requested!
Comments
Dexter, he has the interesting backstory and the design for it, id also like a survivor who has the mind and understanding of the killers hes against
Oh my god I actually have been on the dexter bandwagon, I dont know how I forgot to include him
i got you lol
I love polls like this, I'm always fascinated to see what sort of content players want to see - thank you for creating the poll!
I appreciate it! Im always very curious as to what the community wants. Even when I dont know of a license that comes to the game, I enjoy them as it introduces more players to the fog :)
I voted for Ellie, but even if she gets added, it looks like second version. I actually prefer the 1st though
Maybe adult ellie with her outfit and hairstyle from the first game?
i wouldnt get my hopes up for this.
It is very likely that Jason will release without any survivors, just like Soringtrap last year.
It is possible there will be licensed survs from another franchise, but just very unlikely, the perks would be untested/without PTB and it would be two licenses releasing at the same time which could be seen as competing for sales.
As for the question, imo Until Dawn needs to come with a killer/The Wendigo, otherwise Sam would be my top pick here
Last year springtrap came out as the anniversary and TWD came out in the mid chapter, so it's entirely possible we could get a licensed survivor in July!
ah yeah misread that part. Yeah This seems likely and could be revealed on the anniversary stream as well
I need Herbert West in DBD asap.
I'd say cindy and brenda as well, just holding onto hope that it could alredy be happening.
But id also go for shaun of the dead, dino crisis, and turok
I tend to get far more hyped over new killers than survivors⦠Except for one eventuality:
Scary Movie, There is a movie coming out soon, Please do legendary skins Collab π
The fact that dbd is seemingly in scary movie 6 is keeping my hopes up
I need to watch that movie, I hear nothing but good things about it!
Dexter
Hes alot more popular in the dbd than I thought he would be, im not complaining though π
I just noticed this, is it a game or movie? I like tbe vibe the image you posted gives off
It's a cult classic film adaptation that's based on Lovecraft's short story with the same name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf-5_Je_D80Oh man I would LOVE something from (or inspired by) H.P. Lovecraft. I would argue that we wouldnt have the horror and fantasy we have today if it werent for him
Lovecraft is an amazing storyteller, i personally love his story of Cthullu
You think we could ever get some form of cthulu in dbd? Maybe a map with him in the background
As cool as that would be, i doubt it, though imagine a map themed around an aquatic temple and in the background you can see Cthullu staring at you.
survivor running away from a charging and screaming hooligan by the name of Blight
Cthullu: in the background, watching and eating popcorn "how interesting"
No one has said my favorite yet. πͺ
hint?
It's a John Waters movie. π
You my friend have good taste! something from Serial Mom? Multiple Maniacs? Demented?
Serial Mom! π
i like the idea of Beverly as a killer
IMAGINE.
i would main her lol
I would love that, the creepy vibe alone from seeing a seemingly friendly mom emerge from the killer shack to chase you. And even as a survivor, it would be really cool to have another morally grey or 'evil' survivor!
I don't know about no horror or fantasy, as other big name authors have contributed to both genres long before Lovecraft's time.
However, Lovecraft is most definitely the godfather of cosmic horror/Lovecraftian horror, and we most likely wouldn't have had that specific horror subgenre be what it is today without him.
What if there was a Lovecraftian map? Where an entity like cthulu is just lurking in the distance, beyond the border of the map. I honestly think that would be really cool (if the entity is strong enough to contain cthulu of course)
Any and all content based on Lovecraft's work is a welcoming addition. Personally, i'd go for a full chapter in of itself.
Containing the pantheon from the lovecraft mythos inside the fog is not an issue for The Entity, as canonically speaking, it is both omnipresent & omnipotent without exception inside its own domain. It doesn't matter who or what is inside its domain or how powerful they normally are, because being inside its domain in the first place, means it has already won by default. It's moreso outside the fog that The Entity while still powerful, is not as strong as within its domain. And the actual question would how The Entity would go about bringing them in, if it's even strong enough or not to forcefully do so.
Of course, if someone like Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep or any of the other elder or outer gods from the lovecraftian pantheon were to appear in some map based on lovecraft's work, i think chances are that the reasoning behind their appearance, would instead be that they would just be another case of The Entity taking the memories people have of something and recreating it in the fog. Such as people's memories of the lovecraftian gods or locations tied to them.
Regarding your point about bringing them in, perhaps it would make a deal as it did with pyramidhead or vecna? And then we both know that once whatever is in the realm, deal or not, the entity has full control now.
Honestly the addition of cthulu only being a memory would make much more sense than the entity taking them or any of the other ones similar to cthulus power. The entity hasnt shown itself to be that powerful, and it would be unfortunate for fans of lovecraft to see magnificent entities lose to a rather new creation in recent years.
Hell, even as a memory i think itll work perfectly, itll be scary nonetheless
The thing about The Entity, is that it is incomprehensible by nature. Every answer about it always brings more questions, and whatever someone states about it, is all entirely within that character's own POV and subjective understanding of it only. We will never fully & truly know it fully and with certainty, and that's entirely intentional.
For all we know, it could potentially be getting stronger as time goes on. As it continues to bring in more characters and corrupt & consume more terras & universes across the omniverse. Although we don't know if that is the case or not. (However it can potentially become the case in the near future with Chorus of Sin, depending on what The Judgment's lore states.)
Also, because bhvr have intentionally avoided bringing in characters that are too similar to The Entity itself as Killers. It's why the Mind Flayer from Stranger Things only appeared in that chapter's lobby menu, or why The Dark Presence from Alan Wake 1 specifically isn't in the game. (Although according to bhvr, that after having played Alan Wake 2, there were some characters in that game, who could make for potential future Killer candidates. With that game's version of Mr. Scratch presumably being one of those potential characters.)
Scooby Doo characters sound nice for me, but i also am curious what Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be like in DBD, prefferably the 2012 version. Maybe Shredder as the killer with the mutated skin opption. Maybe he could have something like Knight but with foot soilders possibly. And the survivor perks for Turtles probably some stealth ones or gen based for Donnie
Sam and Dean deserve to be in the game. Would love to hear the actors voicing them too.
Don't be me and click again while posting to post twice :P
Honestly I have been asking for some non human humanoid characters. It would make sense that the entity takes anybody, and if done right I think TMNT could fit in DBD
I completely agree! And honestly, the fact that Jensen and Jared did both of the Hillywood musical parodies makes me think that they would be open to voice sam and dean in the game. Also since they are in NO other games at all
As someone that really wants the X-files to join dbd, I have a feeling that Supernatural would end up chosen before x-files lol. X-files was prettymuch the original before supernatural and was quite well known back then in the 90s, but the show ended long ago and was replaced by supernatural being a more modern show. And unless someone is like 25-30+ years old they won't even remember what X-files is mostly. Comparing the shows they do have very similar styles like "Iconic duo investigates unexplainable murders/problems". Fox Mulder and Dana Skully are FBI agents so when they get to a scene they are supposed to be there and can flash a legit badge to get info, and are funded by their jobs. Meanwhile Sam and Dean Winchester live off credit card scams and have to make fake id's and aliases everytime they want to get info/sneak in somewhere lol.
But yea, supernatural is probably more wanted these days as i'm sure the population of dbd has a majority of younger players who grew up with supernatural rather than x-files.
Ive heard so many good things about the X-Files, in fact one of my good friends that plays dbd is a fan of it and also really wants Mulder and Scully in dbd. X-Files is actually on my watch list, and im genuinely excited to watch it. Because once Sam and Dean (hopefully) get added, im gonna need a new survivor license to want in dbd. Dbd isnt ending anytime soon, and as far as Im concerned theyre gonna keep on adding licenses to bring in content, players and money
X-Files would certainly fit, and I wouldn't even be upset if they got added first. It would just prompt me to watch the show sooner
I saw somewhere there is a new x files reboot coming with very different main characters. The original actors are getting up there in age and i cant imagine them doing hook screams lol but i would not hope for a reboot chapter, skully and mulder or nothing lol