Why do killers with Rancor tunnel the obsession?
You would think that unlike Dying Light or Remember Me they would WANT to let the obsession go until the end. But I swear every time I’m the obsession with Rancor, I’m hunted down before the end. I love moris! I will let you mori me! Just let me get my bp and maybe open an exit gate for rituals!
Comments
I'll give you a reason but I don't think it's a good one; the Obsession gone removes the one downside of the perk. The Obsession can't see your Aura when they're dead, can they?
I hate it when people do that, the 4 second Aura isn't that bad so just deal with it. Hell I run Rancor for the Mori not the locations, the locations are helpful of course but I run Rancor when I have Remember Me, I'll hook the Obsession once for points but afterwards I just slug them until the end for that glorious Mori because it's the best part.
I love getting Morid as well and I am always saddened when someone with one refuses to kill me with it. I had a Myers who got a 4k with a tombstone and infinite tier 3 but refused to Mori me specifically even though I was the last person to kill and was giving myself up to him. I asked them what happened and I got no response of course because no one likes to have friendly conversations.
If I get saddled with a "Kill a survivor by your hands" ritual and I can't be bothered to try I will tunnel the obsessions and literally devote the game to killing them via Rancor.
This is so hella accurate tho
Just a thought, but...
Rancor is quite the tunneling Perk by itself.
So it's natural that those who tunnel would pick this Perk just for the added benefits instead of changing their playstyle to fit 1 Perk.
I run Rancor on my spirit and if I see the obsession I'll go for the hook if they're near me otherwise i don't bother with them. I mean if you're injured and in front of me I'll down you for the free hook but I'm not going to try and tunnel you just for 1 hook otherwise.
200 IQ.
Sometimes they don't actually intent to tunnel.
For example, if i were to do a gen lap and find someone that happens to be the obsession i down and hook them.
I go looking for other survivors, they get unhooked and run off.
Sometimes the situation occurs where the other 3 are immersive AF and all you can find is the first dude you hooked, now are you tunnelling? no not really but if you don't slow the game down you will have even less time to find the others so you have to hook the obsession again.
When I use Rancor, I seem to run into the obsession every single time.
I reroll these dailies because it's really crappy to be on the receiving end of an early mori.
I only keep the “Kill By Your Hands” if I have plenty of moris on that specific killer. Usually I’ll just use an Ivory. The 60000 BP are nice.
Thats what I run lmao
+play with your food
I'm the same way and I'm never actually looking for them either, it just seems I find them or they run right into me. It's like stop running from me, I'm saving you for last lol.
I didn’t have any obsession perks last game, and i was the obsession. Is this a guaranteed sign their running Rancor?
Well no.
It could mean the Killer doesn't want to hit you to gain Tokens on Save The Best For Last.
It could mean you'll die to a Mori cause they want to activate Dying Light.
It could mean they'll target you a lot to get Tokens and want you dead before the Generators are powered to make use of Remember Me.
It could mean they'll keep losing you on purpose to gain Tokens on Play With Your Food.
Man, a lot of Tokens on Obsession Perks...
The killer seemed to be bad. I could easily escape them, but they killed everyone quickly. I escaped through the hatch and forgot to check his perks. Does this mean he had play with your food?
Because the perk offers aura as a primary and the mori is just a "should it so happen".
the guaranteed sign to the killer using Rancor is if you see their aura once a generator has been completed, and you do not have Dark Sense. Hope this helps :chuffed:
I sometimes tunnel the obsession for rp reasons.
You want me to be obsessed with you alright.
I hunt you down. Check for DS if yes I will slug you, play with you, defend my prey until I finally kill you or bleed out/DC. That's what obsession means!
Often combined with BBQ to hook everyone once for the BP and then solely focus on the obsession.
When I am playing like this I don't really care what the others are doing. If I get a 4k. Or if I pip.
I am just there for the rp.
Thanks
I've noticed that about some killers too. Of course I don't see the need for rancor since usually everyone is dead before the end when I play killer but when I play survivor I get hardcore tunneled when the killer has rancor. There was a game where everyone else escaped because the killer was only going after me for the first 4 gens while she has rancor.
But only one person seeing your aura is hardly a logical reason to tunnel only them. Besides, you can just instantly down them and mori them in the end anyway. My favorite killers are those that runs this perk, tunnel, and run NOED. You gotta guarantee your horrible play style gets at least one person.
You get found first or you're the easiest to catch.