Dead By Daylight confirmed for Nintendo Switch
Just revealed on the Nintendo Direct today.
I love how the segment for it went way out of its way to avoid showing any violence whatsoever. :P
EDIT: Adding video of the segment for whoever is curious about it. Nothing interesting in it, but eh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6vaYx84eM
Comments
I saw it.
And im not happy about it.
But i dont care.
I play on PC.
I grind on PC.
I can't hear you OVER ALL THIS MARK MAKER 2 AWESOMENESS.
I prefer Hotel Mark myself.
HAHAHAHA
Good luck having even worse performance than consoles
Waiting for DBD on Android
Plus battle royale mode, obviously
i hope as long as sony isn't a bum about it. Can't wait to see next roadmap cause hoping cross progression and cross play is part of it.
Crossplay and cross progression aren't a valid option because of one, simple aspect - Bill. Bill is an exclusive for Steam, so other platforms can't get him.
I'm hype because I can play instead of doing my job with this release, but then I'm already crying inside because I don't even want to think about grinding up characters/perks for a THIRD time.
Please make the grind at least a little faster by then, I will bake you cookies devs... I'll even make sure to put chocolate chips instead of raisins in the oatmeal ones,
No matter how much people will piss and moan about fps etc... expanding into a new market is a good thing for everyone who plays the game.
So that extra content has nothing to do with progression and cross play. Plus if that was a necessity to have bill sure they could work something out. Not like he hasn't been put on other consoles before in his own games. His face on perks is allowed on other consoles too. He is just incentive really to play on the pc version tis all.
They could just do what rocket league does. Have Bill appear as dwight to people on other platforms.
They don't let PS4 players see the Mario or Halo cars they just replace with defaults on one end.
oh see his hat gone missed that
still looks like bill with no hat xD
really so exclusive skins won't be a problem. That is a cool trick
They better be finish with optimization by then or else the game will run terrible on the Switch.
You really sure about this, BHVR?
Yep. Optimization and dedicated servers must be ready before this port releases. Anything else and this will be a public disaster for them.
Its not even optimized on PS4 and Xbox one yet...so port it too the weakest console?
The switch is the weakest console and it runs badly on the other two stronger consoles so that's not saying much for it going to switch.
PS4 and Xbox should be optimized before Fall. They've promised FPS improvements for all platforms this year.
They have 8 months until Fall. For all we know DbD could be 60 fps on ps4/xbox then.
That being said, I don’t think they would port to switch before fixing the current issues there are. They could be working on everything?
It can do what Fortnite does; if you play with someone on PC or Xbox you play with everyone which is a mix of everything; Xbox, PS4, and PC.
Shouldn't they do Switch before doing that though? Now there will be even more players by adding another platform.
The game should be everywhere before cross play.
Edit: But yeah I guess that does make sense!
Now that I'm going to definitely get a Switch by the summer for Mario Maker 2, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Metroid Prime, and Smash I've decided I'm going to also pick up DBD but I'm going use it to play for fun at low ranks and act as a training grounds for new players.
For killer I'm gonna play Nurse with Shadowborn, Distressing, TOTH, and Deerstalker, but I won't ever kill anyone (unless it's obvious they are a deranking bully). I'll just play to make the game spoopy and do stuff to help survivors learn the ropes while farming BP with Distressing/TOTH. Deerstalker is there so that I can slug people and find them to drop reset them if no one ever goes to help them. I'll only take hooks if I can be sure the person will get saved.
EDIT: Might also play Billy with the same build just because Nurse isn't a "normal" killer so it might turn out survivors don't really learn how to get chased the same way. But instead of Shadowborn I'm gonna use Whispers.
For survivor I'll play David with No Mither, WGLF (for BP), Kindred, and DH (so adept David with Kindred). The plan here would be to act like a leader for the team and help them learn the game but also be a free meal for the killer by the end of the game. I can easily take aggro from a baby killer and make them chase me a lot to get them to learn loops and stuff, but I won't ever escape. Having NM makes me easier to catch if they ever legit get a hit on me, and also means I can self revive if my team never comes to help. Kindred to counter potential campers but mostly to help the team coordinate and such. DH in case I get a deranking killer or something.
All family friendly games.
Dead by Daylight doesn't fit in.
My thoughts exactly.
DbD is already on mobile devices, in a more cartoonish version. It’s called Identity V.
And yet doom, dark souls, skyrim, wolfenstine, outlast 1/2 and even Resident evil revelations 1 and 2, and streaming re7 (but only in japan) is possible?
not to mention bayonetta is licensed through nintendo now so....
dead by daylight fits in perfectly.
They remind me of Overkill, releasing rushed console version of their game that they never update and that run like ass even tho they promise that they will fix everything in time.
Baffles me that devs prefer making multiple ports of their games instead of using that money to fix the current game BEFORE porting it.
I would say fall 2019 isn't rushed. Besides people were asking for a Switch version quite a while and they are working on general optimization of the game righ now. We just have to wait and see.