foxes - why?
Out of curiosity: I see PLENTY of players using "fox" in their nicks. Much more than any other animal, and both here in the forums and when I'm playing. "Vietfox", "Suicidefox", "Kitsune", "狐狸", and a lot of other nicks I've seen using "fox" as their nick or part of it.
What's this guys? What's this obsession with foxes? Why not weasels or opossum? Armadillos are cute too.
Comments
Whenever somebody mentions foxes, furries come to my mind.
Furries fcked my mind up.
I just don't want to believe that these users are furries.
I am not judging though but still...
Better question is why isn't there more fluffys.
Nowadays I'm mostly into burning them. So interesting to watch how they first freeze, then suddenly become loud and agitated. Very agitated.
Anyway, back to foxes. Any more insight, anyone?
For a second there I thought you put in 狐神 and was surprised that somebody actually saw me in game using that name and remembered it. Though either way, I'm impressed you know what 狐 means.
Personally, I think of foxes as cunning, mischevious, and playful. Personality traits I like to think are similar to my own. Though I'm sure there's a variety of reason people are fans of foxes. The song What Does the Fox Say made them popular meme material. They're adorable enough to be popular on their looks alone. And they're one of the more popular animals in the furry community.
What type of weaponry was given to you as a child?!?!?
Yeah fair points. I love how they're depicted in Asian folklore: the trickster and rival of the tanuki in Japan, and the Fox Fairies in Chinese tales. And of course here in Europe they have similar reputation like you said.
Still find it weird, gamers often choose nicks referring to strength rather than cunning. I guess it must be the uniqueness of this game, when playing survivor: you can't quite succeed through violence, only through smarts.
Mbay they want to really bang a fox?
Idk, weird but each to their own.
What are furrie?
Please tell me your kidding bud
We have a innocent boi here! Don't ruin him!
Nintendo has already done it bwhahaha.
He needs to learn the truth.
Just google it, I tried to explain but it is too difficult for me.
EY!

"One of the greatest mysteries of our generation."
-Random magazine #34254
@Swiftblade131 No, this is not somethying I have heard of and I am not sure I want to :ohnoes:
@Delfador I am on my work computer, is it safe xD
Just know they are unpopular for a number of reasons, the more diehard furries communities consist of suspected zoophiles like many weebs are borderline pedophiles.
OK, I do not understand a lot of that xD can anyone explain in French or Finnish?
Anything but the work computer!
If you are willing to delve into that rabbit hole do it at home, with an IP blocker, and some idk, like jammers or something.
"Anthropomorphism" is attributing human features (personality and/or body shape) to non-human things (could be objects, but most often it's animals, plants, and concepts). Furries do it with animals, often with sexual undertones.
I think I will leave it, this sounds like a strange sexual thing xD
"sexual undertones"

Bestialite?
Not exactly, but it's closer than most other things will be.
That is weird. How do I escape this conversation! xD
Which is why it's pretty offensive to call someone a furry just for having an animal in their name.
Still gonna come get your skin though.
That's different. Bestiality (or rather, zoophilia) is the sexual attraction to actual animals.
I am confused, scared and worried about fox people now.
Why? Even assuming 100% of them are furries, which isn't even close to the truth, what have they done so far to justify fear, confusion, and worry?
Ooo not sure if I can agree with the weebs part bud
Some people think cartoon characters are real people with real ages and real feelings. That's all I'll say on the subject.
He's talking about a Lolicon, not a weeb.
I myself am more of just a viewer of anime. I have some weeb friends though, and they are very nice.
You have reason to be scared of me right now. Hide your kids, hide your wife, I'm comin' for that skin.
Je suis contre le préjudice mais putain Donald Duck est étrange
Take the children and wife but please leave the cat alone
And yes lolicon is questionable at the very least. Fictional or not it obviously shows your preference is something that is based on kids.
Speaking of beastiality: I do have a crush on Bree Turner.
First off, good lord.
Secondly, I just want to mention that I can still here the announcer scream "Super Smash Bros, MEEEELLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Geez, he could not possibly be more OBVIOUSLY joking. Or you're willing to believe he'd find out where someone lives and actually flay that person? For calling him a furry?
Some people are so dense. Btw. Threatening on the internet is hilarious. I don't know why is this taken so seriously. Real dangerous people act, not talk, especially not from behind a keyboard.
If you disagree, I'll burn your house down, with you in it.
To be fair... it's a good observation.
Maybe because foxes are cunning and stealthy like survivors?
My name is a combo of Star Fox 64 and Perfect Dark. It's been my name since I was a teen on the N64.
This is late, but maybe there's so many "fox" usernames because no one knows what the fox says. o:
But we DO know what the fox says
I disagree
@George_Soros lol i came up with that name about 15 years ago or so. The reason why i chose that name is still a secret
And had a taste for small rodents
Ya'll know I was joking right? Like "skinning you alive" is a serious threat now, especially when talking about FURRIES? It's called dark humor.
Omg you actually got a temporary ban for it?
Mods, take your pills, Jesus...