Playing survivor lately really sucks.

As per my stats.deadbydaylight.com stats, I have a 43% escape rate and a 78% killrate, survivor in solo queue just seems impossible to play right now. Peopl;e are disconnecting and giving up more than 60% of my games probably and the players are just not good enough to survive tunneling. I know people did not like the anti-tunneling changes but really right now survivors in solo q really need something to help them. Especially in skill rating like the 4 survivors are always on 4 different skill levels, i notice this as killer and as a survivor. Please do something, just please please please

Comments

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040377#Comment_4040377

    im a soloq player with 60 to 70% escape rate… if soloq was brought up to swf via comms my escape rate would be even higher lol. soloq escape rates are about 40% as they are. I dont see an issue with it. i think instead of protecting the weaker player, the weaker player should improve, play differently, practice. Because if all weaker players improved instead of going next, DC or just ignoring any help given to them ("i shouldnt have to use anti tunnel perks, so im not going to use them"), then the killer would be faced with a team of good loopers that can hold their own without any help.

    raspberry noise

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040499#Comment_4040499

    If you get tunneled "every match" that usually means you are a weak link and probably have much room to grow, therefor it isn't a killer problem. Not saying that to insult… but killers generally don't tunnel unless they see an easy opportunity or are low MMR not knowing any better.
    But besides that I disagree, I love getting tunneled, it usually means the survivor team will win cause I am confident in holding a chase long enough for the exit gates to be opened ;). Why would you want to sit on a gen at any given time? its boring and uninteractive. The fact that there are ppl like me who can hold 5 gen chases is proof enough for me personally that DBD is fine and even survivor favored. Most ppl just don't like hearing this truth and will downvote instead of improving their plays/loops. It is what it is.

    I don't get tunneled every match, nor did I claim I did, but the majority of my matches do involve the killer going for tunnel out on someone. Comp DBD largely revolves around a tunnel out, are comp survivors weak links? Are comp killers low MMR? I'm not saying comp DBD is truly comparable to queuing up but comp killers wouldn't go for one if it didn't work and it works for them a lot of the time. Often a killer chases me for tenish seconds and then drops to go somewhere else, which leads into the next point.

    The fact that there are ppl like me who can hold 5 gen chases is proof enough for me personally that DBD is fine and even survivor favored.

    Any killer that lets you get a 5 gen chase is an unskilled killer. A remotely competent killer would drop chase until you are one of the last remaining survivors, or find you in a disadvantageous position, or simply down you well before it becomes a five gen chase. I'm not saying that it doesn't take skill to five gen chase even against an unskilled killer (takes way more skill than the killer getting a tunnel out does), but five gen chases are much more a showcase of a killer skill issue.

    The fact that there are ppl like me who can hold 5 gen chases is proof enough for me personally that DBD is fine and even survivor favored. Most ppl just don't like hearing this truth and will downvote instead of improving their plays/loops. It is what it is.

    You're right, most people don't like hearing the truth, like how "unbeatable" high mmr four mans have an escape rate below 50%. These are the strongest survivors in the game and they lose more than they win. That's killer sided, with real data behind it, not feels. I'm not even asking for that part to change, I want survivor to feel like an uphill battle, I want the game to be killer sided, I'm tired of people staring facts in the face and claiming it isn't already that way. And yes it depends on which killer we are talking about here, but the majority are far stronger than people will claim and its a skill issue on their part.

    I would be fine with leaving tunneling in the game but then it must be reasonable for the remaining survivors to escape based on their skill alone, that doesn't happen right now. One survivor dead leaves the rest in a doomed match unless every remaining survivor is significantly better than the killer. If it were reasonable to escape in that situation the game would be much more reflective of 4 1v1s as well.

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040482#Comment_4040482

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CLJIDMNFO8W1/killer-30d-stats-dec25.jpg

    What do you mean, harder to manipulate killer stats? This screenshot is just from loggin in to get the bonechill event quests done, no tryhard, 3 hours timespan. To someone like you this means I'm a good player, right? Yet I know how these matches went and how ppl DC'd in them, Every… single… match.

    Honestly I would love to hear theories as to why someone like me is getting so many DC's. Honest question, promiss. I would love to know the difference between you and I. I probably asked this before but I forgot, US or EU? I am EU (german server). My experience on EU servers is one out of 2 options:

    1. Super sweaty tryhard comp team or coordinated swf, match done in aprox 4 to 5 mins (usually lose for me)
    2. Someone DC early, most likely these are all solo Q (usually win for me)

    There is no in between. Obviously all of my bonechill matches were of the 2nd kind. The default experience for me. Survivors can complain all they want, regardless of result I did not have fun either… Hence I don't play in a serious capacity anymore.

    The problems arent the stats, which may be correct or incorrect due to many reasons. It is 100% survivors behaviour that affects match results.

    I play on both EU and NA and have had my fair share of memeing Canadian Ghostfaces and tryhard Russian Huntresses. I will agree there's a trend towards DCing (as well as lobby dodging) in EU that isn't as present in NA, but it's still not to this degree that I hear.

    Part of my point is that many DCs may not be just because of the killers. If I see a random is being tunneled, I will insert myself into the chase and give the killer a free down if needed. People are probably more likely to stay when their team is supportive. But if you have people saying they're not unhooking or taking aggro, why would you expect those teammates to not be unhappy? I don't play a team role to have the team be against me, so I don't blame someone if they DC while on hook because a teammate is standing behind a rock while someone else is in chase on the opposite end of the map. That is why I almost never soloq.

    I also play killer almost exclusively from 11pm to 5am, during killer-bonus hours, so my matches are also against sweaty, cordinated teams. Time of day has shown itself to be more relevant to what sort of matches I'll get than region.

    To someone like you this means I'm good player, right?

    I literally just said this:

    I'm also not using my stats to say I'm good (I'm not)

    I don't think stats are worth much. You can have an 80% KR against all soloqers and be unimpressive, or a 65% against all comp sweats and be amazing.

    Just winning isn't manipulation though, unless you're repeatedly slugging people to try to grief them into abandoning. But you can manipulate survivor stats easily by abandoning. Ever since the option was added, I've noticed people posting average overalls of about 40% (pre-abandon numbers) and then showing much higher monthlies. The survivor stats are wrong yet people keep using them as examples even though many know they're wrong. I promise you I could make a burner account, play as a cowardly rat, and make sure that if I go down it's at the end so I can abandon and I could easily get an 80% ER that way. Until they fix it so abandons count as losses on personal stats, I don't trust anyone's survivor stats except my own, because I don't use the abandon feature. But I wouldn't expect anyone to believe that since almost everyone hits that button the moment it appears. It's why I basically never mention my survivor stats. They mean nothing now. The only thing stats are good for is showing match counts, so we can prove we actually play the game we all have so many opinons on.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040372#Comment_4040372

    Did they ever fix the stat pages counting abandons as escapes? I don't believe anyone's personal survivor savant claims as long as that's the case.

    no they didnt, everyones escape rate is pretty much incorrect unless they dont abandon. im just going based on the OP stats saying 43% and mine saying up to 70% as a comparison as its all we have to go on at this point

  • I'm going to level with you here. Nobody cares how often you get hatch and it only makes people disregard anything you have to say.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040453#Comment_4040453

    I've played plenty of soloq. I still do lots of duoing, so half my team is usually randoms. They don't DC that much. There are five people in a match. It might not be the killer's actions that make your teammates DC.

    You don't care that much but you talk about DCs endlessly so you do care, or at least it's a talking point you enjoy using. When people DC in a match matters. If they're on death hook after being tunneled and they DC right when they're downed out of frustration, it doesn't really change the outcome, does it? But you can still use it as pure data to manipulate an argument.

    My 30-day KR has been sitting at 70-85% for the last few months. If I'm winning most of my matches, often with 4 or 5 gens up, wouldn't those be logical matches to DC, if any? What are all these other killers doing that's causing this supposed epidemic that I don't see in either role?

    it does change the outcome because someone could get a potential save. going down isnt the end as much as many survivor like to think it is. people dont need to DC when they go down even when they are on death hook but they still do. Like i said, play as solo and get lumped with 3 randoms, you will soon discover what people are referring to. untill then your playing a game where half your team is swf every match because your in a duo

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040537#Comment_4040537

    I'm going to level with you here. Nobody cares how often you get hatch and it only makes people disregard anything you have to say.

    then they cant complain when they lose as and get 43% escape rate lol its as simple as that.

    "i dont escape enough, i want to escape more than i currently do"

    ok say if you play this way you can do gens more, get hatch more, escape more…..

    "i dont want the hatch, i wont play like you"

    fair enough, deal with the low escape rate then

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040541#Comment_4040541

    then they cant complain when they lose as and get 43% escape rate lol its as simple as that.

    "i dont escape enough, i want to escape more than i currently do"

    ok say if you play this way you can do gens more, get hatch more, escape more…..

    "i dont want the hatch, i wont play like you"

    fair enough, deal with the low escape rate then

    Getting hatch only works because 3 others fail. So be careful what you wish for.

  • add comms and nerf swf accordingly. it's so bummy not being able to say "oh i have we'll make it, or "i have resurgence" or whatever. just playing a cooperative game without any way to communicate other than gesturing "come" or "go" feels so so bad… they could even make it so all survivors can see each others perks, items and add ons at the beginning of the game before they load in. but they've literally did nothing for a year so idk it's pointless even getting hopes up for a better solo q experience.

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040499#Comment_4040499

    If you get tunneled "every match" that usually means you are a weak link and probably have much room to grow, therefor it isn't a killer problem. Not saying that to insult… but killers generally don't tunnel unless they see an easy opportunity or are low MMR not knowing any better.
    But besides that I disagree, I love getting tunneled, it usually means the survivor team will win cause I am confident in holding a chase long enough for the exit gates to be opened ;). Why would you want to sit on a gen at any given time? its boring and uninteractive. The fact that there are ppl like me who can hold 5 gen chases is proof enough for me personally that DBD is fine and even survivor favored. Most ppl just don't like hearing this truth and will downvote instead of improving their plays/loops. It is what it is.

    Same here - I don’t mind being tunneled at all because it’s incredibly satisfying for me when I can make a chase last for multiple gens. Tunneling is only a problem when survivors cannot sustain chases for more than 20-30 seconds and quite honestly if you are getting downed that quickly in every chase then that is a skill issue. Trust me I have tried tunneling against good survivors who know how to loop and it usually ends poorly for me because multiple gens will get done while I am overcommitting to one person.

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040456#Comment_4040456

    it does change the outcome because someone could get a potential save. going down isnt the end as much as many survivor like to think it is. people dont need to DC when they go down even when they are on death hook but they still do. Like i said, play as solo and get lumped with 3 randoms, you will soon discover what people are referring to. untill then your playing a game where half your team is swf every match because your in a duo

    I haven't had much time to play lately but my last 4 survivor matches were solo. I survived all, and they were all 3 or 4 outs. I play it occasionally, when I have something time-based I need to do. And I played it plenty before that. It hasn't changed drastically in the last 4 months since I mostly stopped. And I never became selfish or stopped recognizing a 3k as a loss for survivors, regardless of hatch.

    @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040474#Comment_4040474

    no they didnt, everyones escape rate is pretty much incorrect unless they dont abandon. im just going based on the OP stats saying 43% and mine saying up to 70% as a comparison as its all we have to go on at this point

    So you are using the abandon feature?

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040552#Comment_4040552

    Getting hatch only works because 3 others fail. So be careful what you wish for.

    not always. if im injured and killer is near the gate when they are open its wise to go for hatch instead

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040557#Comment_4040557

    not always. if im injured and killer is near the gate when they are open its wise to go for hatch instead

    3 others failed. If those 3 others start gunning for hatch, you could be looking down the barrel of a 25% ER.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040551#Comment_4040551

    I haven't had much time to play lately but my last 4 survivor matches were solo. I survived all, and they were all 3 or 4 outs. I play it occasionally, when I have something time-based I need to do. And I played it plenty before that. It hasn't changed drastically in the last 4 months since I mostly stopped. And I never became selfish or stopped recognizing a 3k as a loss for survivors, regardless of hatch.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040540#Comment_4040540

    So you are using the abandon feature?

    i use it very little but yes i use it occasionally. i always see the hatch as an option even when slugged so unlike most people that instantly abandon the second all are downed, i actually crawl to a hatch location instead. plenty of times i have escaped doing that where others would abandon

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040562#Comment_4040562

    3 others failed. If those 3 others start gunning for hatch, you could be looking down the barrel of a 25% ER.

    if 3 others escape via the gate how is that a fail? thats my point. 3 out, im last one left but inured. killer will most likely be watching the gates. thats where hatch can be the better option. its saved my butt many times, even when the killer is tunneling me ignoring 3 others…they escape, im looping killer near the shack and hatch spawns, i escape.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040562#Comment_4040562

    3 others failed. If those 3 others start gunning for hatch, you could be looking down the barrel of a 25% ER.

    I hope that starts happening in his games lol

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040562#Comment_4040562

    3 others failed. If those 3 others start gunning for hatch, you could be looking down the barrel of a 25% ER.

    Put all the rats in matches together (and make me the killer).

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040564#Comment_4040564

    Put all the rats in matches together (and make me the killer).

    interesting that you say rats like people are hiding in the corner all match avoiding the objective. big difference between a rat and a stealthy player. i do my objective, im just good at not being seen while i do it.

  • it has, 2 v 1 does exist in my games too. im just better at stealth than most. probably because they like chases and loops better. its nice to have the art of appearing like im working as part of the team but secretly im plotting to leave them behind while i walk out the gate or hatch. people avoiding the objective and hiding for hatch is often easily noticed by the team and killer. what i do is far more difficult to spot, play as team, do gens when i leave them on hook it really does surprise them because they didnt see it coming

  • @FerrousFacade said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040460#Comment_4040460

    Hens "experiment" is proof of absolutely nothing (and did you watch the video? someone DCs in literally his second match). Its an incredibly small sample size and we don't know if these were played consecutively, or at different times, or on different days. A proper experiment would also release all footage, not the cherry picked portions he chose to show us.

    Interesting that he chose to only play survivor where he doesn't actually get to see how the other survivors play much. Why not play killer where he can better gauge the skill level of every survivor in a match? Oh right, because he would stomp all over them and that wouldn't support the narrative he is clearly trying to push. It was just another video of a survivor going on long chases against opponents that they are better than and that don't drop chase, or put another way, he faced a bunch of unskilled killers.

    People simultaneously claim that killers on the Asian servers tunnel less and that they tunnel more. No one has proof of anything, they just make claims with no evidence.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040473#Comment_4040473

    Just because MMR treats it that way for survivors doesn't mean it makes sense. The vast majority of players consider a 0-1k as survivor win, 2k as a draw, and 3k+ an a killer win. The point is that a killer can get a 50% kill rate by getting as many 3 or 4k matches as they get 0 or 1k matches, 2k is not a common outcome in this game.

    A few things I'll add on Hens and the videos he did for survivor vs killer -

    1: Some people are really good at the game, it's not a surprise that their KR and ER are going to be higher than the average.

    2: Hens videos to maximize escape rates (1 in Korea, 2 in EU to my knowledge) are done with him trying to make the best possible builds and playing to maximize the group success.

    Meanwhile, on the killer side, he has vids like 'M1 Trapper only' and still getting a high KR.

    To me that was always telling - to make a good survivor video, play to the best of your ability, to make a good killer video throw some crazy challenge on top of it.

    3: Absolutely wish he had done killer games as well.

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040386#Comment_4040386

    like i said, i dont have anything that others dont have. im not a pro player, i use standard perks and get useless team mates like everyone does. The only difference is i choose to play stealth so i dont get tunneled as often, i do gens, i dont rely on my team as much as others do. As a result i have learnt to stand on my own 2 feet and support myself.

    The OP even said their escape rate is 43%, thats above the average. its more than the devs 40% aim.

    And the mmr is worked out by 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 v 1. you are looking at this like the team is 1 unit, 1 common goal, 1 outcome….the team wins or loses. its not. its a group of 4 survivors each with their own personal goals for example half the team might be looking to escape but the other half might be looking to do challenges like totems or going for stuns. If you choose to help others achieve their objective thats great but in a way you helping the 1 person that has a challenge that they need to escape via hatch instead of doing gens yourself could be hindering the rest of the team.

    I love this comment, because you could have such an high escape rate literally for any reason, being very passive, being more self cenetred, you need to see the match escape rate not yours. "I don't have anything that others dont have" as if there are no players with less expirience than you getting put against the same killers you get because mmr sucks?

  • People are citing the stat tracker stats as though they indicate something but as far as I'm aware there's an issue which counts abandons as escapes, which inflates survivor stats and deflates killer stats. Unless the issue has been fixed…

  • survivor abandons are not counted as escapes rather they simply aren't counted at all by the official stat tracker; this inflates your overall escape rate. currently i have a survivor with a 76% escape rate because of this on a survivor that i've played over 1600 matches with. just abandon frequently and it won't count your bad games = high escape rate. (this makes me laugh anytime someone cites their high escape rate here as if it means something - it does not.)

  • @PriestessPoppy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040391#Comment_4040391

    I love this comment, because you could have such an high escape rate literally for any reason, being very passive, being more self cenetred, you need to see the match escape rate not yours. "I don't have anything that others dont have" as if there are no players with less expirience than you getting put against the same killers you get because mmr sucks?

    1. i dont need to see the match escape results because it is not strictly a team game. The team is not scored together, escape rates are not based on team escapes, mmr gains/loss is not team based. Even BP is scored individually. The sooner people understand this the sooner their escape rate will increase and they will stop complaining about these "impossible" tunneling situations and OP killers. I would like to add, you really dont want the game to consider it a "team win or loss". Griefers already ruin the game for people but currently there is a way for an individual to win with griefers on the team. Make it a team win/loss and the impact of just 1 griefer costing the match for all 3 survivors would sky rocket.
    2. Its true i dont have anything others dont have, i started out the game as a new player just like everyone else. i also went through a learning curve and losing a lot of matches. I put time and effort in, i get better, i learn, i win more. Everyone can do this.
  • @killer_hugs said:

    survivor abandons are not counted as escapes rather they simply aren't counted at all by the official stat tracker; this inflates your overall escape rate. currently i have a survivor with a 76% escape rate because of this on a survivor that i've played over 1600 matches with. just abandon frequently and it won't count your bad games = high escape rate. (this makes me laugh anytime someone cites their high escape rate here as if it means something - it does not.)

    indeed this is correct. A common misconception is abandon counts as wins on the tracker but they do not. The count as void…non existant….blank result on the tracker. This does effect the escape rate by voiding the matches where someone is about to die, but it does not count it as escape. So in previous matches section of the tracker, it basically shows what matches are lost, won and voided.

  • @jedimaster505 said:

    People are citing the stat tracker stats as though they indicate something but as far as I'm aware there's an issue which counts abandons as escapes, which inflates survivor stats and deflates killer stats. Unless the issue has been fixed…

    It does not deflate killer stats. Abandons and DCs still count as kills on your personal stats.

    @killer_hugs said:

    survivor abandons are not counted as escapes rather they simply aren't counted at all by the official stat tracker; this inflates your overall escape rate. currently i have a survivor with a 76% escape rate because of this on a survivor that i've played over 1600 matches with. just abandon frequently and it won't count your bad games = high escape rate. (this makes me laugh anytime someone cites their high escape rate here as if it means something - it does not.)

    This is exactly why I don't take anyones high ERs seriously.

  • This content has been removed.
1 2 ›