It's the same old story. Anything that's going to help lower/mid skill survivors who get killed all the time by these cheap tactics will be abused at higher mmr to prevent killers getting any kills.
Been playing a few games as survivor and these have been getting a bit way too out of hand...
Genuinely, why were they scrapped in the first place?
I understand that the anti-tunneling needed a major rework, but why was anti-slugging also scrapped with it?
While i hate beeing tunneled and slugged, there are games where there are no other options, if the killer want to win, and i bet that they want to win as much as survivors .
I remember there was a video from Little Space Rock, she could not pickup any survivors because there was always someone near with a flashbang or a flashlight, her only option was to slug all 4 survivors. Unless she would have to throw the game.
Because it was horrendously broken, can you imagine an equivalent anti-genRush on survivor side? If X gens are done before Y hooks all gen advancement is nerfed to .25 charges per second instead of 1.0 charge per second and if 3 gens are done before a kill the killers move speed increases by 10% for the rest of the trial.
Definitely didn't need to be scrapped entirely, but it did need major adjustments. Essentially tunneling was made impossible, but there was no addressing why killers actually tunnel in the first place. The rewards to dissuade tunneling were super miniscule and still weren't enough to combat gen speeds. This obviously got worse in the second iteration where all rewards were removed other than the new base kit Bloodlust, which was a nerf on the previous iteration's hooking movement speed bonus. They also kept the Anti tunnel protections changes with almost no adjustments.
Survivors off hook were pretty much made invincible, practically untraceable, and even better for weaponizing Endurance. Why is the Endurance not a loss of Collision and interaction with the Killer? (No basic or special attacks can be dealt to them, or grabbing from vaults, or even triggering a chase.) Survivors then wouldn't be able to weaponize their endurance.
The even hooking benefits were good, but could be better. Also don't like how specific killers had a weaker effect. The bonuses themselves should get changed to be the same on all killers, while being equally as useful on all killers. The Speed boost should've been the same for all killers, but disabled when they use a power that increases mobility. (hybrid of both iteration's speed bonus mechanic) The gen regression bonus should be changed to a mini pain resonance, so mobility doesn't matter whether you can get the bonus regression or not. The base kit BBQ was pretty healthy, but the duration of the aura read was super short. Why not just make it reveal survivors with the least amount of stages (reveals multiple if lowest stage is on multiple survivors, essentially being stronger when evenly hooking, but giving recently unhooked survivors more stealth, then getting stronger when multiple are at the same amount of stages), and increase the duration to find a new target? Easily, the effects are decent on all killers. None will really utilize them more than others, so no need to nerf them on specific killers.
Anti Slug has been flawed since the first iteration, but also easily correctable. Targeting all forms of slugging simply because it's "boring" to be on the ground for awhile does not warrant giving survivors free permanent unbreakable, especially when there's already one or two survivors dead. Actual Slugging is when a killer intentionally refuses to hook all four survivors, or commonly referred to as "4 Man Slugging." This is really the only form of extreme Slugging in the game that shouldn't be possible, even in the rare instance of a killer who intentionally wants to Slug all four survivors. like Anti Face Camp, this specific situation is what shouldn't be possible, not all Slugging. (like slugging the second to last of two remaining survivors for the 4K. That's not actual annoying slugging, it's a strategy killers use to gamble on 4King or accidentally giving the remaining survivors another chance once they're all up again.)
Anti Slug should be instantaneously activated for the first person slugged out of the four living survivors, but the mechanic should disable entirely when someone is dead. Easily, only extreme slugging is eliminated, while strategic and earned slugging stays.
Hope that clears your query up. The suggestions to fix them ofc are purely conceptual, but I believe they would fix the problems of boring strategies, while rewarding killers for not trying to enforce boring strategies, ultimately giving them decent base kit gen pressure and information to keep evenly hooking.
You my GOAT man. Nice explication.
The system was interesting but was far too exploitable, specially in SWF. Made with the correct changes it can come back someday.
Both of these videos show how the system was exploitable.
Ngl, I'm surprised that this thread is still going. Thought it ended back in December of last year haha
@Rickprado But all jokes aside, I can see why this was scrapped. Which was a shame because if it was somehow adjusted to be balanced for both sides, I wouldn't think there would be an issue. (But we know what BHVR is like and will STILL somehow make it unbalanced... 🫠)
I think also the reason I didn't see why it was exploitable is mainly because I play solo queue, and not in a SWF. So I never really experienced it being exploited.
Ngl, I'm surprised that this thread is still going. Thought it ended back in December of last year haha
@Rickprado But all jokes aside, I can see why this was scrapped. Which was a shame because if it was somehow adjusted to be balanced for both sides, I wouldn't think there would be an issue. (But we know what BHVR is like and will STILL somehow make it unbalanced... 🫠)
I think also the reason I didn't see why it was exploitable is mainly because I play solo queue, and not in a SWF. So I never really experienced it being exploited.
It was a nice idea but with a very flawed execution. At higher level playing is already very stressful, now imagine with both these system combined? I was even considering only playing survivor once the PTB hit the live. But again, with fine tunning it would be a nice addition since 3 hooks in the same person is not the most exciting gameplay too.
I do wish they had kept in the not knowing when someone was unhooked options like they do for 2v8. That would reduce a LOT of hassles.
no unhook notification and Elusive would’ve helped tremendously in the average game. gives the survivor at least a fighting chance to evade the killer without it being used offensively.
no unhook notification and Elusive would’ve helped tremendously in the average game. gives the survivor at least a fighting chance to evade the killer without it being used offensively.
Yeah they should've kept that ngl. Instead of scrapping the whole thing.
no unhook notification and Elusive would’ve helped tremendously in the average game. gives the survivor at least a fighting chance to evade the killer without it being used offensively.
Though I think this would have been a great effort, I also think we would have see a ton more camping, as well as people intentionally triggering the anti-camp to encourage the survivor to unhook so they could tunnel them without losing LoS. People will find a way to ruin anything if they're so inclined. Would have been worth testing though.
Though I think this would have been a great effort, I also think we would have see a ton more camping, as well as people intentionally triggering the anti-camp to encourage the survivor to unhook so they could tunnel them without losing LoS. People will find a way to ruin anything if they're so inclined. Would have been worth testing though.
Fair point. Regardless, I don't think there's even a way for it to be saved at this point. One solution will still somehow create a problem. As you mentioned if they were to keep elusive and remove the unhook noftication then there may be an increase of camping.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's the same old story. Anything that's going to help lower/mid skill survivors who get killed all the time by these cheap tactics will be abused at higher mmr to prevent killers getting any kills.
While i hate beeing tunneled and slugged, there are games where there are no other options, if the killer want to win, and i bet that they want to win as much as survivors .
I remember there was a video from Little Space Rock, she could not pickup any survivors because there was always someone near with a flashbang or a flashlight, her only option was to slug all 4 survivors. Unless she would have to throw the game.
Because it was horrendously broken, can you imagine an equivalent anti-genRush on survivor side? If X gens are done before Y hooks all gen advancement is nerfed to .25 charges per second instead of 1.0 charge per second and if 3 gens are done before a kill the killers move speed increases by 10% for the rest of the trial.
You my GOAT man. Nice explication.
The system was interesting but was far too exploitable, specially in SWF. Made with the correct changes it can come back someday.
Both of these videos show how the system was exploitable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8WNAwhqA7M https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWvyko3y4lUNgl, I'm surprised that this thread is still going. Thought it ended back in December of last year haha
@Rickprado But all jokes aside, I can see why this was scrapped. Which was a shame because if it was somehow adjusted to be balanced for both sides, I wouldn't think there would be an issue. (But we know what BHVR is like and will STILL somehow make it unbalanced... 🫠)
I think also the reason I didn't see why it was exploitable is mainly because I play solo queue, and not in a SWF. So I never really experienced it being exploited.
It was a nice idea but with a very flawed execution. At higher level playing is already very stressful, now imagine with both these system combined? I was even considering only playing survivor once the PTB hit the live. But again, with fine tunning it would be a nice addition since 3 hooks in the same person is not the most exciting gameplay too.
Lets see what they have prepared for this year.
I do wish they had kept in the not knowing when someone was unhooked options like they do for 2v8. That would reduce a LOT of hassles.
no unhook notification and Elusive would’ve helped tremendously in the average game. gives the survivor at least a fighting chance to evade the killer without it being used offensively.
Yeah they should've kept that ngl. Instead of scrapping the whole thing.
Though I think this would have been a great effort, I also think we would have see a ton more camping, as well as people intentionally triggering the anti-camp to encourage the survivor to unhook so they could tunnel them without losing LoS. People will find a way to ruin anything if they're so inclined. Would have been worth testing though.
Fair point. Regardless, I don't think there's even a way for it to be saved at this point. One solution will still somehow create a problem. As you mentioned if they were to keep elusive and remove the unhook noftication then there may be an increase of camping.