Hook mechanic
How does kobe works?
Evertime I get 2 people or more on a hook one down and the last in the chase someone kobes. Really. Everytime!
Am I just unlucky or are there hidden mechanics?
How does kobe works?
Evertime I get 2 people or more on a hook one down and the last in the chase someone kobes. Really. Everytime!
Am I just unlucky or are there hidden mechanics?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
4% baseline chance (without using offerings/perks) to free yourself per unhook attempt.
Basically 4% chance to get a free second chance. Some people will fight until they are blue in the face that this is "fine/balanced" but just imagine the hate that would pour into the forums if killers had a 4% chance to instantly put someone into phase 2 when hooked for the first time.
Interresting proposal...4% chance to skip a hook.
Is it always 4% or does it goes up if 2 or more people are on the hook?
It's 4% plus any luck offering/perk in the game.
Slippery meat also helps here giving more attempts to unhook. I won't count deliverance since that's a guaranteed unhook attempt.
People will literally complain about every single aspect of this game.
@brokedownpalace
Agree. If you're hooked and there's someone else still live you often NEVER want to try freeing yourself unless you are trying to give the hatch to a teammate.
No , if anything 4% seems generous. I have not yet personally escaped a hook, nor have I seen any teammates successfully escape a hook. From what I've seen in the games I have played, most people don't even try anymore. It seems to me basically a throwaway mechanic, because it is basically doomed to fail unless you are super, super lucky and if you fail, then that's it. Over.
Your logic is flawed.
Correct analogy would be this.
Killers have a 4% chance to instantly put someone into phase 2 when hooked for the first time. Thus, it will give killers 1 less hook meaning that they can be hooked 2 times
Survivors have a 4% chance to unhook themselves and get rid of the hook process, meaning that when the killer gets them for the second time and hooks them, it will count as if the survivor isn't hooked at all. Thus, it will give survivors 1 more hook meaning that they can be hooked 4 times.
When survivors escape via 4% kobe, they still skip to the next phase, the only difference is that they don't require a teammate.
It's extremely risky to even attempt an escape. The time reduces drastically, time your team could use either saving you or pushing Gens. And if you fail all attempts, you don't just get to Struggle, you lose some of that phase as well, reducing the time even more.
The scenario you are explaining is the other 96% of trying to unhook, not the 4% I was talking about.
I'm really not sure why you bothered writing this if it isn't even responding to what I was saying.
He did answer what you said, attempting to escape carries a huge risk with a low chance of a huge reward.
Having 4% chance of skiping to the 2nd stage carries no risk with a low chance of a huge reward. They are not on the same level.
Except I wasn't talking about the risk of going for a "kobe" but rather the fact that you have a 4% baseline chance to escape by yourself. I never mentioned anything about the risk because that isn't what the OP was asking in their original question. So no the response I got had nothing to do with what I wrote but rather tried to poke a hole into something I never even mentioned.
Yeah, i understand what you are saying, but what I mean is that there isn't a 4% chance of you unhooking yourself because you don't try to escape (or at least you shouldn't) every time because there's a risk associated with it. If you hook all 4 survivors in a match, 90% of the games they won't try to kobe themselves, but a 4% chance of skiping a phase applies that chance every time you hook a survivor. I think this what he meant.
Imagine if Killers had a 100% chance to instantly put someone into phase 4 (death) without having to take them to a hook. . ..OH WAIT! they have that!
-cough-ToxicMoriCrutch-cough-
Sure except that's an add-on and not a baseline mechanic.
@MegaWaffle
How about my response? I don't want to repeat it, you can see it if you scroll up.
Sorry it rarely seems to notify me when people respond. I agree completely that my logic/comparison in terms of 4% was off, I was mostly trying to point out that even though its a small % chance it can still have a big effect on a match.
Base 4% per attempt, following a binomial distribution. With the base number of attempts (3), there's around an 11.5% chance of a survivor unhooking themselves if they use all three attempts. Both the probability and the number of attempts can be altered by perks.
Still 100% chance for an add on vs 4% chance for a baseline mechanic so their certainly getting their bang for their toxicity buck.
It's a 4% chance, you still advance a stage on the hook regardless, and if you actually unhook yourself on the attempt that WOULD have put you into stage 2 (i.e., the third attempt, or one RIGHT before you go to struggle), then you simply die on your 2nd hook and you skip the struggle phase.
It's fine. It really doesn't happen that often. I've played close to 1k hours and I'd say I've unhooked myself maybe, MAYBE close to 40 or 50 times.
With 3 attempts at a self-unhook, the chances are a little less than 12% per survivor. If 2 or 3 survivors are attempting, chances increase to about 23%/34% percent that one of the attempts is successful. (I'm not getting my calculator to get the super exact numbers.)
That does not even include any luck offerings or perk.