Rigged skill checks
When repairing a gen, getting all the skill checks, WHY every match does a skill check pop the same moment as the noise for a survivor being hooked happens. It happens so much it seems like it's intentional in the games code!
Tagged:
Community Manager
Comments
Just a coincidence.
Not the amount of times it happens it isnt
Whoops, wrong forum.
Also, the amount of time I stopped repairing a gen, am a step or two away from it and skill check sound plays and FAIL. Boom
Grrrrr!
I cannot confirm this, this rarely happens to me. You probably notice it when it happens, but you do not notice the many times it does not happen.
The other thing you mentioned (Skill Checks when leaving a Gen) is indeed something that is happening more often to me since the Mid Chapter Patch.
Now if you ask me, it’s intentional that if you have Deliverance you’re going to be next door neighbors with the killer.
For the same reason that crazy people act out during a full moon. In other words, it is a confirmation bias. Because you have assigned special meaning to the event you pay more attention to when it happens and disregard all the times that don't confirm your bias. Just like how people will swear up and down that people act more crazy during a full moon. It's known as the lunar fallacy. Study after study has shown no correlation between human behavior and the moon cycle, but if you talk to just about any nurse, paramedic, or police officer they will say that it is true.
They believe it to be true because when there is a full moon they pay extra attention events that will confirm their belief. I can't tell you the number of times I've been at work and there are a lot of psych patients acting out and someone will inevitably say "Is tonight a full moon?". Even when you point out that it isn't a full moon they will disregard that the night is evidence that contradicts their moon theory. Instead you'll typically get a comment like "could have fooled me".
So..like an anti-vac'er
Lol, that is actually a good comparison. "But Jenny McCarthy's kid was diagnosed with Autism right after getting vaccinated." "So was my best friend from high school's kid" Vaccination = Autism confirmed.
Whenever this happens to me, 99% of the time it's because a skill check triggered as I stopped the action. By the time the audio notification pops, I've already let go of the action button and have no opportunity to even hit the skill check. That can happen when healing or repairing gens, and it's not uncommon. I think it's a latency issue.
Technician has definitely saved me a few times in the past from a skillcheck like that! Yes, I'm pretty sure it's just coincidental though
Yup
I think skill checks are at a 1/9 chance, but this chance is every second. So in theory... you'll get 1 skill check every 9 seconds.
Sometimes I go 14-25 seconds without one, and sometimes I get one every 3 seconds for 10 seconds.
Odds. You of course wouldn't be complaining on here if you only got 3 skill checks during the whole completion of a generator right?
We only complain when things don't go our way. Skill checks are very balanced.