Kaneki is the worst designed killer to date

Doesn't promote interesting gameplay, doesn't allow either side to even remotely attempt any sort of outplay. All Kaneki does is use his power to IMMEDIATELY be upon you and there's nothing you can do to outplay or loop or prevent yourself from immediately dying. He has too short of a cooldown, too much map mobility, is not outplayed by windows OR pallets OR distance. Decrease his lunge distance, remove his ability to place mend survivors, decrease his speed to 110%, make the time frame where he cannot take action after a lunge longer and for the love of all that is holy, increase his power cooldown to actually make a difference.

Comments

  • @francesinhalover said:

    We ignoring nurse exists?

    People are just numb to her and forced to accept she exists really, because I feel BHVR do a really bad job at listening regarding the S-Tiers.

  • @francesinhalover said:

    We ignoring nurse exists?

    To be fair, at least Nurse takes time to learn, not every Nurse you play against will have mastered their power.

    Kaneki is easy to pick up (which is alright, how much skill a killer requires doesn't determine how fun they are), but he also has extreme levels of strength. Your only real counterplay is rushing gens as fast as possible and hope the killer mess up or make mistakes.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3962988#Comment_3962988

    yeah but not too tightly or you get munched by his pallet vault hitbox. saw it happen to a streamer the other night. got hit around a wall by that chunky thing. it was kind of ridiculous since his only option to extend the chase was to hug the wall.

    I say revert the range nerfs, reduce the amount of time he can run around looking for a second/third leap (or movement speed, the idea here being that if he's out of position he shouldn't be able to just walk up to a survivor who's actively hiding from the grab attack), & either do something about the vault or do something about the cancel. I don't think they need to PTB clown him, but they do need to address the stuff that matters. Because the range nerfs didn't matter at all except making him feel clunkier to play, and the hitbox + pallet charge loss nerfs (which they keep messing with for some reason) barely mattered.

    one out of two things i heavily dislike about kaneki and 100% consider a massive issue is how neglectful devs are about addressing his bugs and exploits. and unlike wesker, these bugs and exploits are only causing misery.

  • @SpringMyTrap said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963487#Comment_3963487

    one out of two things i heavily dislike about kaneki and 100% consider a massive issue is how neglectful devs are about addressing his bugs and exploits. and unlike wesker, these bugs and exploits are only causing misery.

    Dunno about Wesker, because that one exploit is miserable af (he grabs you through walls/pallets/windows)

  • @BorisDDAA said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963667#Comment_3963667

    Dunno about Wesker, because that one exploit is miserable af (he grabs you through walls/pallets/windows)

    im talking about hugtechs, rebounds, etc

    and even that thing you're talking about isnt that common and mostly a ping issue

  • @SpringMyTrap said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963668#Comment_3963668

    im talking about hugtechs, rebounds, etc

    and even that thing you're talking about isnt that common and mostly a ping issue

    It's not ping.

  • @SpringMyTrap said:

    isnt this the killer who is loopable? even with scamper you still just play 50s because it isnt fast enough if you loop tightly.

    ah, so cathartic to watch all kinds of players mald about a killer they cant shift+w against and have to loop after years of complaining about antiloop killers you have to shift+w.

    Nah, I just specifically hate Kaneki's vault-grab at Windows and Pallets since 95% you just get hit and there is no recourse for counterplay.

    Obviously at short-loops and unsafe structures, it's not as strong… but like… those structures are weak… and youll probably just get hit anyways. At long-loops and safe structures, it just leads to hits since your movement gets restricted or entirely stopped and they go over the Pallet/Window fast enough to where you cannot make enough distance to make it around the loop/structure or to another loop/structure.

    To me at least, it does not feel fun to play against. It's like Chucky holding Scamper to just vault the Pallet you dropped, which eventually got removed. Only difference here is that Chucky was balanced by the lack of mobility… Kaneki has mobility.

  • @francesinhalover said:

    We ignoring nurse exists?

    Ghoul is just more balanced version of blight (blight is closets killer to ghoul with catch up and mobility).

  • I mean, I hate him because of his power design, but the fact that he's stupidly strong certainly does not help.

  • @MDRSan said:

    The thing that I feel is annoying in Ghoul matches is that by the time you finish the thought ‘I can start this Gen, the killer isn’t on top of me’ he will have traversed the map and you are now in chase. That and him being able to get that free wound literally through walls is kind of ridiculous. It’s frustrating because he feels fun to play and I’d like to play him more but I also don’t want to make the other side miserable. I already stand around sometimes on other killers to gift a little breathing room to the other side, I can’t imagine how much I’d have to do that on him.

    They need to stop introducing high mobility killers while shrinking map sizes.

    I know its annoing to have killer on top of you after he hooked someone across the map but this can pull multiple killers not just ghoul( he is very close or the same mibility as blight), him hitting throught walls is just bugs ( he can hit you if you are close to some low object and close to it like window vault but range is like 2 meters), problem is in curent state of the game killers without mobility are just worst or they need strong, very strong antiloop ( some killers have solid antiloop like clown but they are slow). Worst thing is devs balancing killers look at last ptb changes what are they cooking for weaker killers like clown and knight they are annoying to go against for many but they suck and are very weak with no mibility, and for stronger killers they buff them ( pyramidhead changes arent bad but that 10 seconds of him holding power and moving is stupid change they shoul buff it max to 7 but again I dont see reason for this to be buffed range yes thats good, trails ok, cage basekit bt ok if they dont trigger perks for hooks like ds,otr,or deliverence then its still good,decreesed movement speed a little bit for him to not to be just zoner thats ok but the speed cant be slower than survivor base speed because his punishment is quite easy to doge), biggest suprice for me the devs stoped to bully pig with nerfs but looks like knight abd clown are her new succesors.

  • @Jay_Whyask said:

    Instead of nerfing his entire kit all at once we should focus on his ability to cancel his power & immediately back rev his target.

    • Canceling Kagune leap decreases M/s to 3.8 meters a second

    that's it. I'm fairly certain that's all he needs right now.

    Maybe improve the Kagune attack animation as well because... Wow.

    Just to clarify for the people who may be confused, the Kagune Leap cooldown is what, 2 seconds? 4 seconds? ⌚🤔

    So The Ghoul's movement speed would be 3.8 m/s for that duration.

    I'm not saying we should permanently bust his kneecaps, that would be ridiculous.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    I absolutely will not stand for this claim!

    Twins is by far the worst designed killer, that encourages the most miserable and unfun game play of slug, camp slug, slug and camp slug then repeat.

    But Kaneki is pretty awful and unfun for sure, I do not enjoy them in the slightest and can honestly say I have never had a fun Kaneki match

    true, at least Twins is sometimes kinda fun once if you have a duo. Ghoul don't have that

  • I've faced him once or twice, fortunately. The one thing that sticks is how odd the special leap attack is. It feels janky and I don't properly feel I understand how it works. Feels more by chance.

    I'm all for using the power to be used for maneuverability, but the launch attack needs serious work. I'd rather the attack is triggered by a Nemesis-style whip. At least I'll feel the hit, rather than the surreal effect currently in place.

  • S tier killers are needed. If you want the 3 current ones nerfed then dracula, spirit, and Legion should be buffed to their current level to replace them

  • @CrossTheSholf said:

    So… murder him?

    we can only hope

  • So….nurse is fine now?

    a killer with no couterplay to anything is perfectly fine right? a killer that u cannot be loop, tricked or anything if they are good is fine?

    RIGHT ?

    and from your post what u want is to erase him….yea maybe learn to play sometimes?

    not being to outplay the killer the whole time isn't an issue its meant to happen sometimes, something this community refuses to understand

  • @francesinhalover said:

    We ignoring nurse exists?

    apparently so xd

    killer that can dash through walls NAH

    killer that can be outplayed, does struggle in loops and will struggle in maps that other killer struggle in YEP ERASE HIM

  • @PigWithTvs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963542#Comment_3963542

    apparently so xd

    killer that can dash through walls NAH

    killer that can be outplayed, does struggle in loops and will struggle in maps that other killer struggle in YEP ERASE HIM

    What a bunch of whataboutism.

    There's a difference between a killer that's 1) not really played all that much anymore, 2) arguably has the most unique power in the game, 3) actually takes some amount of skill and prediction to play (without being able to crutch on other mechanics if you're bad at it) and 4) was designed years ago when the game wasn't figured out by anyone (and she was nerfed repeatedly since that time) and this killer, whose design should have never made it to live in the state it's in given it's DbD's 9th year and the designer (who I think has been around awhile, assuming it is who I think it is) should have a better understanding of what you can/should and can't/shouldn't do in the killer power design space. He's simply not a reasonably designed killer. Perhaps Nurse's continually non-reworked existence isn't either, but neither is a killer like Twins, who you see even less of despite them also being an uninteractive nightmare to play against. It's both the bad design and the current pick rate of the killer that has everyone talking about it.

    The situation is even worse with bugs like kidnap tech still being unaddressed, and with the kinds of players this nonsensical design naturally attracts, which probably has a significant overlap with old 3-gen Skull Merchant players come to think of it. The slug humping certainly looks the same.

    It's to the point where I wouldn't care if they Skull Merchant'd him. Objectively I don't think they should, but I think they need to come up with at least a bandaid solution and fast. Because the average survivor experience against Kaneki is dire. My duo doesn't even want to play survivor anymore because of how soul draining it is to go up against this killer as often as we do.

  • Yeah, he managed to become first killer I actually hate to play against.
    So far it was always about specific addon, or build. But Ghoul took it whole other level.

  • @PigWithTvs said:

    So….nurse is fine now?

    a killer with no couterplay to anything is perfectly fine right? a killer that u cannot be loop, tricked or anything if they are good is fine?

    RIGHT ?

    and from your post what u want is to erase him….yea maybe learn to play sometimes?

    not being to outplay the killer the whole time isn't an issue its meant to happen sometimes, something this community refuses to understand

    Only thing I would change with Nurse is to not see survivor auras while charging blink.

    Unlike with Kaneki, you can at least double back against Nurse and even objects that are absolutely useless against other killers are good to use against Nurse, like walls/rocks around the map.
    I personally like playing against the Nurse, unless she has Predator and some other info perks. Those make her almost Kaneki level easy to play.

  • That's how you know bhvr never touched solo survivor they are in their little bubble, next patch priority is nerfing Clown and Knight , ghoul ruining the game for so many players nah that can wait 2026, it's nothing

1 2 ›