Please BVHR do not add Darth Vader

So there's been a lot of buzz lately regarding people that want Darth Vader added or people that think Darth Vader could be added

And I am here to say... please don't add him into dead by daylight

Me and other like-minded people do not want Darth Vader in dead by daylight and we would hate it(might even quit the game as a whole if added)

Darth Vader would be too much of an sore thumb in dead by daylight amongst the other killers

Dead by daylight is meant to be a horror themed game and Darth Vader isn't horror based at all

Can he be scary? Yes

But just Theme-wise abd mechanically-wise it would not make any sense to have him

People like to argue this by saying certain killers aren't scary and yes that might be True but let's be honest dead by daylight lost it's scare factor long time ago. People are rarely actually scared unless your playing a jumpscare build

Me and other people just don't want Darth Vader cause then dead by daylight would slowly just look like Fortnite and lose more of it's identity

The star wars universe does not fit for dead by daylight

We should focus on collaborations that would actually fit and make sense with things like:

Friday the 13th

The Purge

The smiling

The shining

Thankskilling(I think that's correct)

Etc

Please do not start adding out of character collaborations BVHR

I love dead by daylight and I would hate it to be ruined by characters that simply do not fit dead by daylight

Please genuinely consider this and do not add Darth Vader or any other out of character collaborations

Lets stick to collaborations that are the core of horror and are fitting for the realm of dead by daylight

Thanks for reading

Comments

  • starwars zombies would be cool

  • A lot of the possible killers you've mentioned are just… a dude with a weapon. No offense, but we have enough of those already. Of those, the only one I would want is Jason. The shining is just… a guy with an axe. The purge is just… a dude with a knife. I've never heard of The Smiling, so I have no idea what that's supposed to be. Thankskilling is a turkey. Sorry, but if I'm given the choice between a dude with a weapon, a turkey, or Darth Vader, I'd rather have Darth Vader.

  • Just cant wait we will have true marvel Thanos and no some cheap imitation (vecna) after vader.

  • The fact that they mentioned him means no license deal was made. They'd have kept it quiet otherwise. So I wouldn't worry about it.

  • something something something the trickster not scary, something something something sadako has telekinesis

  • @Plaguegamer_1 said:

    So there's been a lot of buzz lately regarding people that want Darth Vader added or people that think Darth Vader could be added

    And I am here to say... please don't add him into dead by daylight

    Me and other like-minded people do not want Darth Vader in dead by daylight and we would hate it(might even quit the game as a whole if added)

    Darth Vader would be too much of an sore thumb in dead by daylight amongst the other killers

    Dead by daylight is meant to be a horror themed game and Darth Vader isn't horror based at all

    Can he be scary? Yes

    But just Theme-wise abd mechanically-wise it would not make any sense to have him

    People like to argue this by saying certain killers aren't scary and yes that might be True but let's be honest dead by daylight lost it's scare factor long time ago. People are rarely actually scared unless your playing a jumpscare build

    Me and other people just don't want Darth Vader cause then dead by daylight would slowly just look like Fortnite and lose more of it's identity

    The star wars universe does not fit for dead by daylight

    We should focus on collaborations that would actually fit and make sense with things like:

    Friday the 13th

    The Purge

    The smiling

    The shining

    Thankskilling(I think that's correct)

    Etc

    Please do not start adding out of character collaborations BVHR

    I love dead by daylight and I would hate it to be ruined by characters that simply do not fit dead by daylight

    Please genuinely consider this and do not add Darth Vader or any other out of character collaborations

    Lets stick to collaborations that are the core of horror and are fitting for the realm of dead by daylight

    Thanks for reading

    Honestly I also thought every character has to be horrorthemed and fitting for dead by daylight, but that train is gone since trickster for sure (nothing against him, I actually like his design, theme and story as a whole, but he's just a glowstick not really fitting with things like michael myers or pig).

    I'm not the biggest fan of starwars and therefore don't know too much about him, but the force as a power is pretty common in horrormovies - in the end it's like every telekinesis or generally unnatural ability to throw or drag your victim. I don't know too much about his story except anikan (hope that's written right) got burned in a fight with magma and turned to darth vader after that, but I assume he has a story based on revenge - so it's also fitting, horrormovies have that a lot in a twisted way (scream as excampel at least the first one - watched 1-4 but don't remember them all anymore xD).

    My point is that not everything has to fit as long as it looks cool and is fun to play, of course I agree it shouldn't be as brutal with the random characters and colabs like in fortnite xD

  • @piplup55 said:

    something something something the trickster not scary, something something something sadako has telekinesis

    Sadako is a ghost of course she has supernatural abilities. She fits perfectly. Lol

  • @Plaguegamer_1 said:

    So there's been a lot of buzz lately regarding people that want Darth Vader added or people that think Darth Vader could be added

    And I am here to say... please don't add him into dead by daylight

    Me and other like-minded people do not want Darth Vader in dead by daylight and we would hate it(might even quit the game as a whole if added)

    Darth Vader would be too much of an sore thumb in dead by daylight amongst the other killers

    Dead by daylight is meant to be a horror themed game and Darth Vader isn't horror based at all

    Can he be scary? Yes

    But just Theme-wise abd mechanically-wise it would not make any sense to have him

    People like to argue this by saying certain killers aren't scary and yes that might be True but let's be honest dead by daylight lost it's scare factor long time ago. People are rarely actually scared unless your playing a jumpscare build

    Me and other people just don't want Darth Vader cause then dead by daylight would slowly just look like Fortnite and lose more of it's identity

    The star wars universe does not fit for dead by daylight

    We should focus on collaborations that would actually fit and make sense with things like:

    Friday the 13th

    The Purge

    The smiling

    The shining

    Thankskilling(I think that's correct)

    Etc

    Please do not start adding out of character collaborations BVHR

    I love dead by daylight and I would hate it to be ruined by characters that simply do not fit dead by daylight

    Please genuinely consider this and do not add Darth Vader or any other out of character collaborations

    Lets stick to collaborations that are the core of horror and are fitting for the realm of dead by daylight

    Thanks for reading

    DBD is supposed to be a horror game, is it not? It would be kind of funny to get chased by Darth Vader, but it doesn't even suit the horror theme like you've mentioned. Knowing BHVR, they'll probably add it to get more money as people may rush to buy him only to then have them nerfed after a week or two.

    Friday the 13th

    The Purge

    The smiling

    The shining

    Thankskilling(I think that's correct)

    I agree that those should be added. It would add more horror elements.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3942545#Comment_3942545

    Sadako is a ghost of course she has supernatural abilities. She fits perfectly. Lol

    Exactly XD

  • In agreement with this - the entity should not be able to nerf Darth Vader. The Force is on a whole nother level.

  • @Plaguegamer_1 said:

    So there's been a lot of buzz lately regarding people that want Darth Vader added or people that think Darth Vader could be added

    And I am here to say... please don't add him into dead by daylight

    Me and other like-minded people do not want Darth Vader in dead by daylight and we would hate it(might even quit the game as a whole if added)

    Darth Vader would be too much of an sore thumb in dead by daylight amongst the other killers

    Dead by daylight is meant to be a horror themed game and Darth Vader isn't horror based at all

    Can he be scary? Yes

    But just Theme-wise abd mechanically-wise it would not make any sense to have him

    People like to argue this by saying certain killers aren't scary and yes that might be True but let's be honest dead by daylight lost it's scare factor long time ago. People are rarely actually scared unless your playing a jumpscare build

    Me and other people just don't want Darth Vader cause then dead by daylight would slowly just look like Fortnite and lose more of it's identity

    The star wars universe does not fit for dead by daylight

    We should focus on collaborations that would actually fit and make sense with things like:

    Friday the 13th

    The Purge

    The smiling

    The shining

    Thankskilling(I think that's correct)

    Etc

    Please do not start adding out of character collaborations BVHR

    I love dead by daylight and I would hate it to be ruined by characters that simply do not fit dead by daylight

    Please genuinely consider this and do not add Darth Vader or any other out of character collaborations

    Lets stick to collaborations that are the core of horror and are fitting for the realm of dead by daylight

    Thanks for reading

    I'm just gonna say we already have Dracula and DND's Vecna who to me are arguably less scary than Darth Vader. Also Soma Cruz and Trevor and the little Elves that came with Vecna is in DBD.. I cry every time I see them in a lobby because they are an eyesore and have ruined the horror vibe they've had going for themselves for so long. Darth Vader at this point is inevitable unfortunately.

    Anything for decent sum of money I suppose.

  • @TimberGoingDown said:

    A lot of the possible killers you've mentioned are just… a dude with a weapon. No offense, but we have enough of those already. Of those, the only one I would want is Jason. The shining is just… a guy with an axe. The purge is just… a dude with a knife. I've never heard of The Smiling, so I have no idea what that's supposed to be. Thankskilling is a turkey. Sorry, but if I'm given the choice between a dude with a weapon, a turkey, or Darth Vader, I'd rather have Darth Vader.

    Basically a monster with mental capabilities etc

    Also I'm not referring to the low budget movie

    Im referring to the actual movie with the guy dressed as a pilgrim

  • I want Vader in dbd

  • I think Vader would be cool, I think BHVR could make him plenty scary enough for dbd.

  • is this a stealth killer request topic? i'll play.

    Instead of Darth Vader I'd rather have:

    Jason

    Pumpkinhead

    The Blob

    Bendy

    The Tall Man

    Shoggoth

  • Survivor: (Tries to run)

    Vader: (Force Chokes survivor to death)

    ______________________________

    Survivor: (Tries to throw pallet)

    Vader: (Effortlessly keeps pallet upright with the force)

    _______________________________

    Survivor: (Vaults Window)

    Vader: (Force Pulls survivor back through window, impaling them on lightsaber)

    ______________________________

    Vader: (M1's Survivor)

    Survivor: (Loses arm from grievous lightsaber wound, suffers permanent broken status effect for the rest of the short match)

    ______________________________

    The Entity: (Tries to subjugate Darth Vader)

    Vader: (Subjugates the Entity and feeds it to Abeloth)

  • @Plaguegamer_1 said:

    So there's been a lot of buzz lately regarding people that want Darth Vader added or people that think Darth Vader could be added

    And I am here to say... please don't add him into dead by daylight

    Me and other like-minded people do not want Darth Vader in dead by daylight and we would hate it(might even quit the game as a whole if added)

    Darth Vader would be too much of an sore thumb in dead by daylight amongst the other killers

    Dead by daylight is meant to be a horror themed game and Darth Vader isn't horror based at all

    Can he be scary? Yes

    But just Theme-wise abd mechanically-wise it would not make any sense to have him

    People like to argue this by saying certain killers aren't scary and yes that might be True but let's be honest dead by daylight lost it's scare factor long time ago. People are rarely actually scared unless your playing a jumpscare build

    Me and other people just don't want Darth Vader cause then dead by daylight would slowly just look like Fortnite and lose more of it's identity

    The star wars universe does not fit for dead by daylight

    We should focus on collaborations that would actually fit and make sense with things like:

    Friday the 13th

    The Purge

    The smiling

    The shining

    Thankskilling(I think that's correct)

    Etc

    Please do not start adding out of character collaborations BVHR

    I love dead by daylight and I would hate it to be ruined by characters that simply do not fit dead by daylight

    Please genuinely consider this and do not add Darth Vader or any other out of character collaborations

    Lets stick to collaborations that are the core of horror and are fitting for the realm of dead by daylight

    Thanks for reading

    My dude the killers that are sacrificing people to an evil God can have a trans flag on the hook they use to sacrifice people to said evil God. Nick Cage is in the game, and some Survivors are running around shirtless. The game doesn't really have a set theme anymore, and anything can be made to fit it. Darth Vader would be fine.