Developer Update | May 2025
Click here for Português Brasileiro, 简体中文, 日本語, and Español.
The 9.0.0 Update will be here before we know it, so it's time once again to take a look at the notable gameplay changes you can expect from tomorrow’s Public Test Build. As with last time, stay tuned for the PTB Patch Notes where we’ll share the precise values that are changing for each of the topics below!
Read on for all the details:
NEW FEATURES
- Added a system to identify whether a Survivor’s sacrifice is an intentional attempt at “going next”.
- If a player is identified as intentionally “going next”, they will receive a Disconnection Penalty Point.
- Removed the option to self-unhook on first hook stage unless they have one of the following equipped:
- Slippery Meat perk
- Up the Ante perk
- A Luck offering
- Added “unlocks the ability to attempt to unhook yourself” effect to Luck offerings.
- Survivors are no longer instantly killed after two struggle skill checks pass without any input.
Please note: The Disconnection Penalty system is not active on the PTB, so certain facets of the “going next” penalization will not be available to test.
DEV NOTE: We’ve made the above changes in order to tackle “going next” from two directions: penalizing repeat offenses and limiting exploitability of self-unhooks. By restricting early-match self-unhooks to specific perks and offerings, this still allows players to work it into their strategy while limiting cases where it’s used in bad faith.
- Updated AFK detection system.
- Reminder: If a player is considered AFK crows will gradually begin spawning above the Survivor, beginning with 1 and capping at 3.
- Once a Survivor has 3 crows following them, they lose collision with other players.
DEV NOTE: With this updated system, we’ve adjusted how the game identifies players who have stopped contributing to a match. While the crow system largely functions as before, an additional effect at 3 crows prevents Survivors from intentionally griefing teammates with body blocking, while also preventing the Killer from holding Survivors hostage.
- Added an Auto Bloodweb button which allows you to set how many levels you want to automatically progress through, Bloodpoints permitting.
DEV NOTE: It’s no secret this is one of the most common community requests, so we’re excited to put this in your hands! It’s what it says on the tin, so check out this GIF. Even better, we’ve removed some recurring pop-ups after you see them once to make your time in the Bloodweb even more snappy.
- Updated the Mori system so that it can now also be activated when 2 or more Survivors are dead, and the following occurs:
- The second-last Survivor is Hooked and on Struggle Phase
- The final Survivor is in one of the following states (Healthy, Injured or Dying)
DEV NOTE: With this change, Killers will be able to activate their Mori earlier – so long as victory is assured – removing the need to wait for any hooked Survivors to be Sacrificed. This will let players on both sides get back into the action sooner.
- Map offerings grant a flat percentage chance of being sent to the associated Realm. This chance is no longer a guarantee.
- Map offerings no longer stack their effects.
- Map and gameplay-affecting offerings are treated as secret during the loading screen reveal.
DEV NOTE: By making map and gameplay-affecting offerings secret on loading screens, our intention is to preserve the element of surprise, preventing the opposing role from starting the match with knowledge of your strategy.
- Adjusted the following spawn rules:
- Survivors spawn as close together as possible
- Survivors spawn on the same floor (where applicable)
- The Killer will not spawn at the center of small maps
- Changed the name of Shroud of Separation to Shroud of Vanishing and changed its effect to nullify offerings that change Survivor spawn locations.
- Changed the name of Shroud of Binding to Shroud of Separation and changed its effect to spawn Survivors apart from one another.
DEV NOTE: With these changes to spawn rules, players will find their spawn locations to be more consistent when not affected by offerings.
We also know certain Shroud offerings have historically worked counter to what each role might want, so we’ve adjusted them to better line up with these expectations.
- Added a Video category to the Graphics Settings menu.
- Added a Brightness setting to the Video category to adjust Gamma.
DEV NOTE: Dead by Daylight is a game that relies heavily on the play between light and dark, which can be difficult to strike a balance between when playing on console, given the more limited options available. To help alleviate this, we’ve added a setting for adjusting Gamma, which gives players more control over how light and dark elements are displayed.
Lowest Setting
Highest Setting
- Increased spectator slots in Custom Game to 5.
- Added hotkey inputs to Custom Game spectating to quickly switch the view to a specific character and cycle through character views one-by-one.
- Added controller support for the above improvements.
DEV NOTE: Not only is Custom Match a way to easily play with friends, it’s also a valuable tool for coordinating tournament play. To help streamline its use in these environments, we’ve added hotkey support to various methods of view-switching to make casting on-the-fly even easier. Plus, with increased spectator slots, tournament organizers have the option to give viewers visibility of all players in a match at once.
Even better, we have more improvements coming to Custom Match in a future update. Stay tuned for more on this!
KILLER UPDATES
- Adjusted several Add-Ons.
DEV NOTE: Overall, The Artist is in a solid place balance-wise and boasts useful add-ons that meaningfully change how her kit works. To encourage even more pick variety among these, we’ve adjusted her top and bottom-performing add-ons to bring their usefulness more in line with her other options.
Stay tuned for the patch notes for specific details on these changes.
- All of The Lich’s Spells are available at the start of a Trial.
- Reduced cooldowns of all Spells.
- Dispelling Sphere's projectile moves quickly when first cast and slows down over time.
- Increased the Killer Instinct duration once Survivors exit Dispelling Sphere.
- Increased the attack cooldown period after Fly ends.
- Increased the duration and movement speed of Fly.
- Adjusted Mage Hand hold time to make it consistent for both Killers and Survivors, resolving a known bug.
- Increased the effects of Magic Items when casting the associated Spells.
- Adjusted several Add-Ons.
DEV NOTE: For The Lich, much of his power focuses on providing utility over reliably injuring Survivors. We’ve adjusted his four Spells to increase the frequency with which they can be used to ensure there’s more spell-slinging, while quality-of-life adjustments help make these Spells feel smoother to use.
On the Survivor side of things, we also wanted to ensure Magic Items feel like more viable options for countering each Spell, so we’ve buffed them slightly.
PERK UPDATES
- Updated Call of Brine
- Updated Dark Devotion
- Updated Hex: Retribution
- Updated Machine Learning
- Updated Superior Anatomy
- Updated Terminus
- Updated Thrilling Tremors
- Updated THWACK!
DEV NOTE: We’ve adjusted values on the above perks which boasted lower pick and kill rates to introduce small buffs to increase their viability. Stay tuned for the patch notes for specific details on these value changes.
- Updated Botany Knowledge
- Updated Champion of Light
- Updated Counterforce
- Updated Desperate Measures
- Updated Empathic Connection
- Updated Exultation
- Updated Light-Footed
DEV NOTE: Similar to the above, we updated values on some perks with lower performance, introducing small buffs. We’ll share the exact values in the coming patch notes.
Until next time...
The Dead by Daylight Team

















Comments
I literally don't understand why we don't retire map offerings at all.
They are clutter at this point.
But, what does that have to do with stopping survivors from hiding till the game craps out? I thought the crows were getting reworked to reveal anyone who was refusing to progress the match. That's what I thought the extreme hiding fix was meant to be.
"With this updated system, we’ve adjusted how the game identifies players who have stopped contributing to a match"Is this referring to the reveal mechanic? As they don't seem to actually say how it works.
If you go AFK or run at the Killer the new system will likely detect that and ban you. Same for wasting pallets.
The chance for a 4% allowing for a comeback was already really freaking small anyway. If the killer played right, it was actually ZERO, because to secure it you can just wait for any survivor on first stage to reach struggle phase before hooking someone else. The huge majority of the time, the 4% mechanic's only use was allowing for players to give up on hook and ruin the match for all the other survivors, you could see that happen a hundred times before it saved a survivor a single time. Even when the self-unhook did happen, most of the time it only stalled a losing game for a little bit longer and the escaped survivor died anyway.
Let's not forget, any sort of "penalty" this may be giving the survivors isn't even compared to the BUFF being given to survivors. This means players killing themselves on first hook and ruining the match really early won't be that common anymore, and it also means more time for survivors to rescue someone from second stage during camping, because survivors have that bad habit of trying to 4% on the last second of the first stage, which takes a huge lot of time from second stage and makes the job of rescuing them harder, while also giving the killer MORE TIME, since they'll waste less time by camping someone to death.
Also, the mori makes no difference in most situations, because in the same situation the killer would just pick the person up. The ONLY situation where there would be any difference would be the killer waiting for DS and the person getting up with soul-guard, so not getting downed immediatly… but what are even the odds this exact scenario happens during a 4-man slug in less than a minute after a person with Soul Guard got unhooked?
And finally, today people are using the abandon button on the moment a 4-man slug happens, so a 4% or an unbreakable/soul guard use would only stall a losing match for that one survivor and they would still end up dead.
are you implying that the majority of survivors are rage quitters lol
"So many great moments"? How many, really? Because I could count on my fingers how often I've seen it be so "great" while playing, and I have over 5.7K hours in this game. Meanwhile, I see it being used to go next and ruin matches every day I play. It's just not worth keeping.
Removing the penalty but not the atempts would literally mean every survivor got 3 free chances of atempting to escape a hook without needing a rescue, everytime. If someone really wants to self-unhook, just bring a perk for it.
It sounds bad, because some killers are way worse on outdoor maps, and some killers are way worse on indoor maps, and the map offering change is almost completely removing a killer's ability to choose "outdoor map" or "indoor map".
…Meanwhile, survivors aren't affected anywhere near as much.
I get where you are coming from, but I'd rather have spells on a lesser cooldown that have more counterplay than spells with a higher cooldown that have less counterplay. I think the way they are changing Vecna now will make him more interactive and fun to play as and play against.
Most of the time you would just die even faster, anyway. And if people were just taking long to rescue you, trying to 4% would just make sure they couldn't save your first hook stage or, if you tried only on the last second, it would take a lot of time from the second stage and make sure the survivors would just not arrive in time. In other words, the 4% mechanic only made your situation worse on that scenario.
But if you're so much bothered by this, just play with deliverance and you won't even need to risk a hook stage penalty.
Quite the opposite, it's a buff for SURVIVORS, specially solo survivors. How the hell preventing a single survivor from ruining the match for all the other three is a buff for killers?
This change means that, as a solo survivor, you won't have your chances of victory completely destroyed everyday by a single teammate who decided to give up on the first or second hook. It also means that, if the killer camps and a survivor goes to second stage, survivors will have more time to organize for a rescue, because people had a terrible habit of trying to 4% on the last second of the first hook stage everytime, which removed a third of the time of the SECOND stage instead and helped the killer.
That would literally give every survivor 3 atempts to escape every first hook for FREE. Bad idea. Much better to just remove the 4% mechanic completely.
You realize all the stuff you are suggesting they would do would actually waste a lot of THEIR time too, right? Going next is common because the game has a free option to give up on hook and leave the match quickly while avoiding the penalty. What you are suggesting they will do would literally take MORE time than the penalty, so it's far more likely that people who wants to go next will just DC and take the penalty, so it's already a great step on reducing the "go next epidemic", because they won't have an easy way of doing it anymore. And if they start refusing to participate in normal gameplay, that's considered a bannable offense, while giving up on hook wasn't.
And your comments just confirms what I'm saying: even when 4% works, it doesn't allow for a comeback, it only stalls a losing match for a little longer and wastes everyone's time.
So it's a good thing it's being removed. Something that ruins matches everyday for rarely ever making any difference in the survivor's favor is not something worth keeping.
Even before I ever played her I never had an issue with any of her add ons. None of them are broken or even obnoxious to deal with. It's bizarre that they are changing her add ons before addressing the absolute bullshit that so many killers have. Even as a Spirit main I'm not sure how they think rebalancing Artist's add ons is more important than reworking unhealthy stuff like Dried Cherry Blossom.
No one is forcing you to keep playing a match. Can't stand playing it? Leave it and take a penalty. You just can't bypass the penalty anymore and that's good. That's pretty common on online games, BTW.
If the penalty got too high that leaving a match is not worth anymore, then that's on you for going next too often.
Ah yes, let me wait for 15 minutes to get back into the match cause the killer is making it miserable or because my teammates are refusing to do the objective. No thanks. If you or BHVR think you can force someone to play a match they don't wanna play you got another thing coming. Feel free to pick me off a gen that I'll be getting on in your face to get out of the match without the penalty.
I'm pretty sure the people who review reports and tickets are not the same who make balance and QoL changes for the game. That will make no difference for how long it takes to fix issues within the game.
15 minutes? LOL
The first penalty is less than a minute, the second one is only 5 minutes. If you have to wait for 15 minutes, it just shows you are leaving way too often, but it's good that you admit you want to go next just because your teammates aren't playing that well, just goes to show that some people complaining about the Go Next Prevention here are people who love to abuse going next, part of the reason why the prevention is needed. And if the change really made no difference, it wouldn't bother you so much to come here and say this.
Gamble even small chance and turning the tide is the most fun part of this game. Taking away agency from survivor role is just not worth the trade for avoiding “go next”.
There are numerous other examples such as EGC, where Kobe is valid.
Very sad to see some of these changes from behaviour. I've been a survivor main since 2018 and have purchased every single available survivor skin to support the developers, but this is the final nail in the coffin. Not only have they repeatedly shadow nerfed survivors with things like making them start the match together which significantly reduces gen-spread in the early game and the mori change which means the final survivor cannot wiggle off of use DS, they consistently buff killers which are already extremely oppressive and ignore all survivor feedback. Instead of removing the 4% chance of unhooking yourself, which was already ridiculously low, why would you not attempt to address the issues which lead to people going next in the first place? There are killers on 2000+ winstreaks in this game and many killers are already at or approaching a 70% win rate. Do you want the kill rates to be 80%? Then 90%? Then every match instantly beginning with a 4k? Where do we draw the line now? The changes will do NOTHING to fix any of the real issues in this game that consistently cause new players to leave, specifically the disgusting propensity of killer mains to make the lives of survivor mains miserable. Why would a new player stick with the game when the current narrative is that as long as you get a 4k the manner in which you've done so is irrelevant? If hook suicides are the hill behaviour decides to die on rather than the shockingly high prevalence of slugging, tunneling and killers that are designed to end chases in 0.5 seconds, then I will happily watch the company dissolve. Since their other games aren't doing well, I'm unsure why they consistently decide to alienate 80% of their player base to appease the 20% which have received nothing but buffs over the last 3 years. Just look at the state of 2v8: they are begging survivors to play, yet every match with The Legion is miserable and results in an instant loss unless the killer has diabetes retinopathy.
I don't anticipate Behaviour will take anything seriously unless I preface it with begging for singularity buffs, who was obviously in despserate need of buffs when he can end chases in literally 3 seconds. The company are obviously sorely out of their depth and out of touch with reality at this point; maybe it's time for survivors to finally admit that the devs no longer care about our gameplay experience and are content with ensuring it remains as miserable as possible. Don't worry, keep buying skins though and vote Behaviour for Labour of Love! Yeah, no thanks.
From what I've seen the "cause" of the current giving up epidemic basically comes down to "killers are way too strong."
Your entire solution boils down to "nerf every killer to be Skull Merchant levels of terrible" so that there is no need to "go next" because every killer is so impotent that looping them infinitely and escaping is easy. In no universe is that an acceptable solution.
Malkhrim, you responding to every single comment in this thread is disturbing, to say the least. You only playing one role is not my problem. Anyone who is even half competent at playing survivor knows that there's absolutely no point in staying in a match where your teammates are straight up refusing to do gens, but of course you're not bothered by that since you only play killer and you LOVE the opportunity to hold people hostage in miserable matches so you can get a power trip out of it. You're foaming at the mouth at the thought of making survivors suffer in matches with you so you can feel like you stomped them, but guess what? The person who wanted to go next still won't participate in the match and will find a way to not play it so don't get too excited. You're still not gonna get a real 4v1 match, the only difference is that now instead of them killing themselves on the hook they'll stand AFK or let you pick them off a g
Having a choice between stabbing yourself or waiting is not agency, so no significant "agency" is being lost with this update. If self-hunhook atempts counted that much as agency, people wouldn't complain about camping removing player agency.
So what is YOUR solution, in that case?
What could they possibly do to incentivize survivors sticking around the whole match if the main problem is killers? And while I don't entirely agree with removing the 4% chance, it is clearly being abused by people in order to avoid DC penalties. What alternative do YOU think they should take to combat that?
Imagine saying this and still acting as if you you had made a point. Before, you would still get to second stage 96% of times, but would ALSO get 20 seconds less on the second stage timer, being left with only 50 seconds, which means the camping killer would also gain 20 seconds if they camped you to death. That's literally the same value of the buff hook timers received recently to nerf camping. Only 4% of times that last second escape atempt would result on an unhook.
Now, with this change, survivors will get 70 seconds on second stage 100% of times. More time for all the others to rescue, and the killer will need to camp for 20 seconds longer to get the kill. If it is better than what would happen 19 out of 20 times before, than it's obectively a buff for survivors, simple as that.
"you responding to every single comment in this thread is disturbing, to say the least".
That sounds like something a bit silly to be disturbed at, but do go on…
"You only playing one role is not my problem".
You assume too much. I play both roles and I was playing a few survivor matches just now. You can check other posts I've made in the past if you wish, I literally defended Skull Merchant's nerfs because she was insufferable to play against and too easy to win as. I'm saying this change is good because when I play SURVIVOR the worst thing that happens, that ruins the fun all the time, are other survivors giving up and ruining every chance of winning. The single worst thing, even worse than camping or tunneling, because you usually don't even get a chance from preventing it.
All the rest you said was just pointless assumptions about me with some disrespect and personal attacks added so I won't bother with most of it. But I will just point 3 little things:
TL;DR: when you realise someone is going next you get so emotional that you keep them hostage in that match, ignore them till they pop all the gens and then kill them in the endgame. Could have just said that instead of making all these fictional scenarios up.
Also who said that it didn't bother me? You apparently don't even know how to read. It does bother me since it's the worst patch since the meta shake up one that made the game killer sided. Still won't force me to play the matches that I don't want to so it doesn't address the supposed issues that it's meant to resolve.
Wesker's generally considered fun to go against isn't he?
If a survivor is willing to go next but can't, they will not play the match to win, therefore its a buff to killers
I mean yeah he is. his ability has a good amount of counterplay. The same should go for Lich if you ask me. In fact, I just read the patch notes, and Mage Hand might be a tad too strong now.
But I think it's good that the cooldowns are all being decreased by 5 seconds, means more interaction with the spells.
When you play survivor and realize your matches are not going anywhere because a survivor is just running around not doing gens, I will wait for your reply here agreeing with me
I’m affraid I can’t follow your logic. And the downvotes could indicate there isn’t any.
Wesker is considered fun to go against despite being balanced around an 11 second cd (which I think you'll agree could easily remain the case with 10 seconds), so Vecna could be balanced around 40s cds (again meaning an average of 10s between spell usages) and still be fun to go against
That is describing a different problem... and one I already experience regularly.
Survivors are already plenty allergic to generators... however I'll take a goomba doing nothing and potentially getting hunted by the killer for ratting, over a player who SoHs and literally signs my death warrant at minute 1 because they can't be bothered. Incompetence is much more tolerable than selfishness.
I practice what I preach dude. You're talking to a player who almost always sticks out the trial and won't SoH unless I'm giving a player hatch. Even if I'm slugged for the 4k, I'm still crawling away to try and get hatch, or at the very least dying to bleedout instead of getting hooked. My favourite perk is Tenacity for this (and many other anyi slug) reasons.
I am not a killer main giving survivors unnecessary smack, I'm actually a soloQ survivor main, (70% survivor gameplay I was surprised to learn), who gets way more annoyed at my entitled survivor teammates than pretty much any strategy the killer employs.
People can complain the games are "unfun" all they like. I too get annoyed by Legion and Oni in 2vs8 and OG Kaneki... but once you deliberately throw a game for the players who are actually trying in your team, you are only a shade above hackers on the gamer shame tier list. I ain't gonna throw the game for almost anything (short of being deliberately set up by a 3 man SWF), and I do not sympathise at all with the people who do.
It's funny that out of nowhere you started to say that I "get so emotional" while you are the one who suddenly started making it personal here and throwing insulting comments and assumptions about me. You know, that's the kind of attitude that usually makes someone come off as either angry or desperate, specially when talking about a videogame.
And a killer not killing you immediatly is not "holding you hostage", you can leave the match any time you want with the "leave match" button and is still allowed to play normally beside that. No one has to allow you to give up just because you want to give up. If anything, that prevents one survivor from immediatly ruining the match for all the others. Ragequitters are not the victims here. And again, that very NORMAL in online games: if you want to ragequit, take the penalty.
And where did I ever say you claimed to not be bothered? It's funny that you insulted me again saying I "don't even know how to read" (you're resorting a lot to that on the discussion, aren't you?) when you're the one who can't realize the point that I'm making. My point is that if the update didn't really make any difference against ragequitters like a lot of people here are trying to argue, then ragequitters like you wouldn't be bothered by it. And yet, here you are complaining. More proof that it is a good change that will make a difference.
Because what indicates if something is right or wrong is the number of people disagreeing with it, specially if it's 4 people on a thread where some are coming out as ragequitters who are angry because it won't be so easy to grief other survivors anymore.
IIf you're going to bring up a fallacy, at least try a more convincing one.
The problem there is that realistically only 3 of vecna's powers can actually land a hit in a loop, and even then its really only 2, and even then its really only mage hand because the projectile is hot garbage.
TBH if that's such a concern, just let people in a 4 swf surrender if one of their teammates die (count it as a loss)
Like I said, buff the spells not the cooldowns
There is a lot more I can do if my teammate is throwing like this than if they simply give up and are dead on second hook. There being four Survs at all is a much bigger boon to Survivors - even if one doesn't do jack - than there being three.
It's a buff to everyone. Now these salt lords have to stay in the round or eat a DC, and the rest of us can get on with the game. Win-win.
That seems to be what they're implying, yes. Generally speaking most Survs want to play and will not rage quit enough to make a difference here. It still allows for the occasional understandable rage-quit here and there, this just punishes people who do it all the time because they can, AKA "Go-Nexting".
People are still allowed a little rage-quit, as a treat, it's going to happen and it's normal when games become frustrating. This system does not punish that as harshly as it does people who do it over and over and over again. The people that ARE doing that are the issue, not people who stop and go play something else for the day every so often.
At least you didn’t try to defend that nonsense and went for the Strawman. There is a hope for everyone.
Defend against what? You tried no argument against what I said and just went for a fallacy based on downvotes, so I just responded to that and called it out. If no point was made against it and no atempt to dismantle it was made, there's nothing to defend against, because my point still stands.
If you think it's "nonsense", try to explain why then. Don't you just flip the board and claim to win.
Incorrect. I was saying that many Survivors will leave after this patch, whether they DC frequently or not. And the upcoming DC decay change will punish the occasional ragequit or game/server crash, especially for those who only play here and there. For those who play all day every day, then yes, the DC decay won't be an issue.
You like to say that people should quit playing if they ragequit so much, but having DC decay be tied to matches played will force those ragequitters to keep playing. Taking a break for a month won't do anything, because you'll still be punished for that DC you had a month ago. How does anyone not see the folly in that logic?
The logic is simple: Stop DCing, and the penalty will decay. Don't DC, and it won't build back up. If completing 20 matches in a row is a herculean task, pvp games without drop in/out functionality are not a good match.
Wow, look at you coming off all high and mighty. Let me make one thing clear: I don't DC on a regular basis. I'm simply pointing out that stuff happens. To all of us. Completing 20 matches in a row is only a herculean task for some people because they don't play for eight hours a day like you do. Unlike you, I have a life, and I have a full-time job. And if I can't play because my DC penalty builds up because of things outside of my control and I don't have time to play enough matches to decay the penalty, then there's no reason to play anymore.
I hope you're happy about that.
I mean I get what you're saying, but in some other games I play, an abandon rate of 2-3% is considered a "severe and chronic problem" with abandoning. Many people in those games have thousands of matches played with at most low double digits of abandoned matches. I sincerely hope you're just incorrectly estimating the number of matches you need to abandon vs. the number you play, because if you're leaving more than 1 in 20, that is kind of on the high end of abandon rate.
I doubt it's more than one in 20, but I don't keep track of the exact numbers anymore. I just feel like they're not taking into account those things I've mentioned (unintentional DC's or casual players who don't play for hours at a time). I hope I'm wrong and I'm misunderstanding what they're describing in the patch notes. I've tried asking for dev clarification and haven't gotten a response.
I won't be quitting. I play Survivor, too, if anything I will play MORE Survivor after this patch because everyone won't be destroying my games by rage-qutting with the DC-Abandon feature. Because THAT, not Killers playing Killer no matter how much I'm tunnelled, camped, or slugged, is what ultimately makes me not wanna play Survivor. When my teammates throw and we end up in an unfair 3v1.
If this patch makes Survivors that like to abandon for simply being downed ONCE quit the game, good. Get out of my game. It doesn't need Survivors like these in it, period, end of. NO game needs this many abandons ruining this many games, I and everyone else am sick of it.
Where did I say I play 8 hours a day? I just don't ragequit, so the DC penalty is a non issue.
If "unintentional DCs" are enough of an issue to rack up a DC penalty faster than it decays, you should work on stabilizing your internet, or switch to games where your DC doesn't essentially ruin the match. Like ones with drop in/out support. The issue is that every time you disconnect, regardless of why, the damage is done all the same.