Anyone else skipping the event?
Is anyone else skipping, ignoring, or just generally not trying to get the event tokens?
I personally don't really care, the outfits are okay, the dress for Feng is about the only one I would really want, but that's it. I just can't be bothered, not to mention, just like the Blight event the skins are not exclusive and can be bought with actual money, so the DEVs get a quick buck and I get a nice-ish outfit. When year round, there are better skins constantly available and being released, what makes these special?
Why bother?
Any convincing reasons to not skip? (And do note the word convincing)
CON·VINC·ING -
Capable of causing someone to believe that something is true or real.'
Just making that part clear. Some people don't seem to get that.
Comments
Personally not trying to get tokens, just BP
You don't need to bother anyway.
First outfit is really easy, I just played 1 or 2 hours yesterday and got 2 coins and 2 pieces of cosmetic. I am pretty sure that I am gonna get 2 outfits until the event ends.
The only difficult one is the third one.
I'm getting Feng's dress.
Then, I'll be ignoring the event. Any coins will go towards Ace, but I'm not too worried about not getting it.
Feng's outfit and that's about it. A match here or there just for my fix
Basically trying to put together the gaming trinity of having time, energy, and mood. 2 of the 3 is easy.
Hopefully I can punch through for one outfit, then maybe buy another.
All in all it depends on what happens when I can finally play, but I almost just gave in and bought everything. Then I came to my senses and wondered how I would enjoy the rest of the event with a bunch of useless points.
yeh but you get blood points out of the lanterns and it's fun to do a different objectives. The problem with hallowed blight is it wasn't fun at all and was really unbalanced, yet this actually makes the game dead interesting
Getting my huntress cosmetic then not playing the event anymore lol
My games have been more intense. Survivors are using lots of keys and are really trying hard not to get caught.
I am not playing during this event
Exactly. this events are trash if the skins are not exclusive and can later be bought for Auric Cells.
My only goal in this event is to prevent survivors from getting out with a vessel, idc for the coins, but if i mannage to get 3 of them, i'll buy Feng outfit and thats it.
yeah im trying my best to escape with a Lantern because its fun and you get bonus BP just for holding the damn thing
i dont care about the events, they are always stupid and boring. I dont care about cosmetics and cant unserstand that players are buying them for real money
stupid
If they would make a event where you could win a cool rare weapon or perk, that i would be interested in, not these stupid cosmetics
Extra bloodpoints and free cosmetics are nice, and I have to admit that this event was designed a lot better than the ######### Halloween event. That being said the challenge for both sides is quite imbalanced and could use some serious tweaking, and the grind is an absolute slog.
The event is a bit bad designed IMO.
In Hallowed Blight I remember obtaining at least two or three pustula petals per level and in this event only one red envelope per level so far. Its a nonsense not obtaining extra BP if you don't burn the offering, in Hallower Blight too, but at least in the other event I almost always had an offering to burn...
Im about to skip it.So many insecure killers camping and tunneling,it's driving me insane.Wish kiler mains got good and actually learned how to play this game.
You can just play normally and don't really need to do anything other than play normally.
If you looking for a reason to play the game other than just play it then don't bother coming back till the next event that will make you interested in playing.
Explain your logic.
The grind is ######### abysmal, even worse for Killer. Maybe the devs know that which is why they made the cosmetics take so long to get and cost $20 to get a set.
Not everyone is going to spend exra money? This is a chance to get free skins...
Yes, just bought the game after free weekend. Was impressed had a lot of fun. Now the game is dead in survivor lobby due to this event.
Kinda regret buying it now.
The only logic here is you as*, what i meant by my comment is if the said event is over and the cosmetics that go along with it should just be bye-bye and never be bought from shops ever again, i think i just want people to know that when i equip a event cosmetics i want them to think that i "i worked hard for this piece of clothing and you didnt haha"
you misread,mate. read it again
Before the event even dropped, I was saying how "meh" the cosmetics were, and the fact that you can just buy them if you want to, completely rids the reason to grind out an event, not to mention, the "meh" factor adds in, that there are outfits that are just better and have been available for a bit now.
Nothing special about them. What's the point?
I am.
Here's why.
Haven't played in a month cuz I got sick of the toxicity/racism/juvenile environment/name calling/ridiculous behavior of the player base.
There is (another) huntress cosmetic....no thank you.
So why would I play during an event that INCREASES player angst and rewards something idc about?
No thank you. There are far too many other awesomeness to play right now.
I am so sick of seeing survivors ######### about tunneling and camping. If the devs made the game more balanced, killers wouldn't feel the need to camp. Then they come out with this event where survivors can easily get 20-45 points per match whereas killer STRUGGLES to get 20, and will probably never get 45 since that requires every person bringing in a red envelope (I'm lucky if 1 person brings one in per match), and for the killer to destroy all 7, and also hook every survivor 3 times each. Yeah, not happening. So maybe THAT'S why they are camping and tunneling, and not that they need to "get good." But you might understand that if you weren't so biased.
the event is easy enough to do, I already unlocked Fengs with only like 2 days of effort.(By effort i mean just grabbing the lanterns once the gens have been completed seeing as how all the dumb dumbs grab it before then get killed lol)
I know ill play DBD on/off till the 13th so ill just unlock huntress's outfit as well since Ace's looks like #########.
Speaking of Ace when are the devs gonna rework the stupid luck system...Nobody uses any of his perks except Ace in the hole.
I wanted to play to get the Huntress'es outfit and weapon, but I think I'll skip, I already have one coin so I can get the weapon, I don't like to play as Ace or Feng anyway
Will probably just do enough to earn the feng cosmetic and thats about it.
Why would I bother with a special event when the skins aren't going to be exclusive, and every kiddy with a credit card will be able to get them later without the effort.
Already picked up ace and huntress last night when i got 6, Feng is just an added bonus i could care less about.
You don't even need to touch gens to get points so i'm just playing like normal and grabbing a lantern if i seen one. Not avoiding the game just because an event -_-