When is kindred gonna become default?
I remember the devs saying that it could be built in instead of being a perk at some point. It would be nice because having a full lobby with solo people is a mess, and I'm pretty sure no one likes to get to second stage or end up dying on the first hook because people don't know if someone is going for the save or not.
Comments
Behind DS, Freddy, endgame, etc.
And maybe one of the reason it’s not in because it can increase gen rushing. Which is what most players complaint about.
Instead of actual Kindred, maybe a weaker version that works similar to the killer effect? In other words, only show survivor auras if they're within a radius of the hook.
That way people can either figure out if someone's waiting for a chance at an unhook, being chased right in front of it, etc. But not get basically a free full team aura.
Killers already have a very easy time vs a group of solo players. I know I do at least.
How is that a good feeling? I'm sure it wouldn't feel so good to be left hanging to dry on the hook.
Something is better than nothing.
The problem is that some people don't want so much information given to them. Takes away from the horror and I can understand that. Sadly I see no other way to reduce the balance gap between solo and swf survivors.
At low ranks.
The game is not even remotely close to balanced currently. For the Kindred change to finally make it in killers would need some massive as hell buffs. I don't think you realize how much that Kindred information provided would help the survivors..it's huge.
2. There are times where I’m left on the hook. I sometimes just stay until I completely die or I just end it when I reach the second stage. Either way I move on to the next game.
The game honestly needs a seperate Casual/Ranked mode and only allow SWF in Casual mode. That's probably the best fix for the problem. Only real question is if the player base is strong enough to be split.
I wouldn't mind this solution, but I honestly doubt that would work. Also how to balance the game? Balance killers around solo survivors, which would mean a slight nerf to Hillbilly and Spirit and a somewhat bigger nerf to Nurse, could work. Balancing would be more important for ranked, but then what killer would want to play casual?
Nurse/Billy might be slightly too strong and I don't think spirit needs nerfs at all. That said, even solo survivors in general are still much stronger than killers and overall killers would still need buffs, just not as much without SWF.
Killers would play casual for the same reason as survivors, it doesn't hurt their rank with how they play. Obviously we still need incentives added to ranked play or this wouldn't really matter.
Why'd you forget Hag
Then you have SWF, who have this information for free. Even if I like running around clueless, I prefer having more information for a more balanced game. Giving something like kindred, bond and empathy by default could be a good base to start balancing killers, while reducing the gap between swf and solo.
Splitting queues in "ranked" and "casual" was proposed multiple times by the community, but the player base isn't big enough: even with 1 queue, sometimes you have to wait a while to find a game.
I also want hardcore btw.
I think such a change for devs is too risky: yes, it could be bigger, but if not, the game dies.
I think that with the lack of voice comm (no swf) even the most experienced player will find kindred useful, for a more coordinated save if they are committed to that. How many times I saw experienced survivors who didn't know what to do, if going for the save or doing the gen or something else, and if going for the save, how many times there was someone else there to do the save too, wasting a lot of time only for the lack of coordination. This kind of problem is greatly reduced when a team plays in voice comm. At least with kindred, bond and empathy you reduce the gap, letting devs balance killers on top of that.
Kindred basekit will just buff solos. Swf death squads won't benefit.
Yes because most of the time they are matched with potatoes.
The depip squad did an experiment without voice comms too, just fyi
I do not, I did not say solo = swf. I think you misread. I am not referring too Kindred helping SWF. I am saying that Kindred would buff the solo's too much. Solo survivor is already too strong and that would be a massive buff.
It'd be nice to help close the gap between Solo and SWF which much needed. Though built in kindred would nullify perks like empathy, after care and others...
In all honestly, judging by the Devs past promises, I doubt SWF will ever be balanced unless there's a monetized incentive or Killers start giving up on the game.
Sure but kindred SWF will be stronger than just SWF too, dont forget that there are 2x2 or 3x1 SWF too
Oh yes of course, solo would still need a lot after Kindred to catch up to SWF. I'm just saying that even BEFORE we hypothetically add Kindred to solo survivors, solo survivors are already stronger than killers. So not only do "most" killers still need buffs but if we added the Kindred to solo's killers would definitely need a hell of a lot to catch up.
Kindred should NEVER be default. It's actually quite powerful. Besides the fact that it would make SWF even better at the cost of making solo only slightly better.
No SWF would get a huge benefit. Being able to see everyone is still really good because it means you don't need to communicate where you are and it fills in the gaps in your communication. Even with comms, SWF groups can step on each others toes because they don't know EXACTLY where their teammates are. It would benefit them as much or more than solo.
Base Kindred is just flat out not necessary. Stop trying to pump up solo to match SWF, that is the worst way to balance the game. Solo is actually quite balanced right now, it's SWF that needs to be taken down a few notches to match it, not the other way around.
@not_Queen
Kindred shouldn't become a default thing at all. The perk is fine, but I wouldn't mind a buff to it. Kindred needs to stay as a perk.
Make the range 12 meters or 16 meters at Tier III for it? It is 8m current at tier III.
I think that is clear and shows if the killer is even soft camping at 16m
The main reason they were gonna implement it, particularly tier 3 was to punish camping, they went for emblem changes, but I would honestly just prefer this since it punishes killers for camping which is really just an unfun playstyle for both killer and survivor because it restricts interactions both between survivors and the killer. Honestly if people still want to camp just make them play Hag, Nurse, Billy, Freddy, Wraith, or Spirit and require them to use their power boost to get back to the hook. I'd be ok with it honestly, but maybe balance the effect to 30s so survivors can't just get free team aura.
But you can communicate, therefore the effect is the same and therefore no benefit for death squads who are on comms
And no, "just use kindred" isnt closing the gap cuz you use 3 perks as solo while swf can use 4 perks
Not every SWF has great communication. I play with SWF groups all the time and they give me bad info. Sometimes I give them bad info. When things get chaotic it happens.
The effect is definitely not the same. When someone runs Kindred then the entire squad can see each other. That means that any failure of communication is overridden by the auras.
The fact you think it wouldn't make a difference suggests to me that you don't use Kindred very much.
They never said it was going to be implemented, it was just an idea.
You can't take down SWF because there are external factors that, as a dev, you don't control (discord for example). The only thing you can do is to set a common base to start with, buffing the only thing you control: solo plays. On top of that you can begin to balance (for real) the game. What advantages usually have voice comms? Coordination. How do you give such an advantage to solo plays? For me giving something like kindred, bond and empathy as default to survivors is a good starting point. You reduce the gap from SWF quite a bit. And yes, you also reduce the "clueless horror factor" of the game, but after playing this game more than a few hours you loose it anyway, so better having a balanced game. Remember, as survivor, you already see as default (and not as a perk) survivors auras in dying state, or when hooked you see others survs auras, etc. ... this already mine the "clueless horror factor".