8.6.2 | Bugfix Patch

Patch_Notes_Assets_862_Forum.jpg

Content

The Ghoul

  • Reduced Tentacle range from 16 meters to 14 meters.
  • Reduced Enraged mode time from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.
  • Reduced Enraged bonus time when performing a perfectly timed grab-attack from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Reduced Reticle Stickiness Time effect on targeted Survivor from 0.3 seconds to 0.18 seconds.
  • Reduced Reticle aiming on Survivor detection for grab-attack by 94%.
  • Reduced Grab-attacks Damage minimum distance requirement to activate over obstacles by -30%.
  • After breaking a pallet, if the Killer Power is not in cooldown, Power goes into a forced cooldown equal to a single Leap usage.
  • Add-on Fresh Coffee: Changed rarity from Common to Very Rare.
  • Add-on Hinami's Umbrella: Reworked Effect - Performing a perfectly timed grab-attack award an extra +10.0 seconds of Enraged bonus time and changed rarity from Very Rare to Uncommon.
  • Add-on Blood stained Handkerchief: Reduced Kagune's reach from 2 meters to 1 meter.
  • Add-on Taiyaki: Reduced the Enraged Mode countdown from 15 seconds to 5 seconds and changed rarity from Uncommon to Common.
  • Add-on Yamori's Mask: Added the activation requirement of "all Survivors further than 40m".
bar_white.png

New Killer: Perk Changes

  • None are Free:
    • When you hook a Survivor for the first time, gain 1 token, up to 4.
    • When all generators are completed, for each token, all windows and upright pallets are blocked for 12/14/16 seconds.
    • Removed the blocked "for everyone" clause.
bar_red.png

Bug Fixes

Archives

  • Fixed an issue where the "Grenade Launcher" Killer master challenge could not be completed.
  • Fixed an issue where the text reward appeared in Rift 1 instead of Tome 22 preview's page.

Blood Moon

  • The Blood Can no longer clips into the ground when crouching.
  • Bloodpoints given when filling a Blood Can no longer exceed the cap.
  • The SFX of filling a Blood Can interaction no longer lingers when grabbed by the Killer.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not receiving objective points when only interacting with Fuel Generators.
  • Fixed multiple map issues related to the Fuel Pump.

Characters

  • The animation of Victor now plays correctly when opening a Locker with a Survivor in it.

The Ghoul

  • The QTE prompt no longer stays indefinitely while spectating the Killer in Custom Games.
  • Spectators can now see the Fail or Success state of The Ghoul’s Grab attack.
  • The camera and Killer movement are no longer restricted after dropping a pallet on the Killer when they attempt to perform a grab-attack.
  • The Kagune Mark Reticle now appears consistently in the Survivor perspective when aiming across a Pallet or Window.
  • The Ghoul's tentacle leap animation now plays correctly after doing the second leap on a Survivor behind an obstacle.
  • The Ghoul can no longer basic attack a Survivor in quick succession during the third Kagune Leap cooldown.

Environment/Maps

  • Fixed an issue in Forgotten Ruins where hooks were spawning close to each other in the Dungeons.
  • Fixed an issue in Lery's Memorial Institute where the Punishment Of The Damned could not travel through walls.

Perks

  • Fixed an issue where Balanced Landing's reduced stagger and grunt effects were still being applied after becoming Exhausted.

UI

  • Fixed a crash in the Tally Scoreboard when docking or undocking the Switch.
  • Fixed an issue which shows the wrong Killer name when switching characters during queuing in a Killer's lobby.
  • Fixed an issue where empty offering slots were shown as a hidden offering.
  • Fixed an issue where the wrong icon was displayed for Zarina's Murder Mill torso cosmetic.

Misc

  • Fixed an issue where Killer could load into a match with unowned cosmetics when viewing the mori preview with the selected cosmetic.
  • Fixed an issue where retired Offerings were not showing in player's inventory.
bar_red.png

Known Issues

  • Survivors will still make a grunt when using Balanced Landing and performing a fast falling vault.

Comments

  • @Royval said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913607#Comment_3913607

    Wesker has the same thing? Should the Ghoul get special treatment?

    Without using the iri addon to break them? Because I can't see a trivial place to look that up.

    And no, if he does, I think it shouldn't be in a game. It's just needlessly opaque. :T

  • @WiseTraveler said:

    His vault speed and hinder needs to be nerfed just slightly

    Heck no

  • Can Jailer's chimes be changed please 🙏

  • @Royval said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913607#Comment_3913607

    Wesker has the same thing? Should the Ghoul get special treatment?

    I think there's some confusion going on here.

    Ghoul loses a token when breaking a pallet by normal means (kicking it). Wesker does not. Both have a cooldown when they use their power to vault (or break with iri add-ons).

  • Im fine with most of these changes, i even agree with the power reset after breaking a pallet, no big deal, my only issue is the change to the umbrella add on.

    I used that add-on for a no mark/enrage ghoul build. I prefer using the ghoul without the enrage/mark mechanic and that add-on helped a lot to guarantee hits after swing and felt more rewarding. Kinda like using wesker's power but more skill to get the hit after a swing.

    Now that breaking pallets resets the power, it forces me to use the free injure mechanic instead of swinging then canceling to hit to keep pressure.

  • @HolyDarky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/443143/8-6-2-bugfix-patch

    Thank you for the Ghoul changes. I really hope we will get more tweaks to him because in my opinion he is now in a better spot but he still has some unfun issues:

    • Does he really need to apply deep wound when he uses a Grab-Attack? This already disables the ability to take a hit with DH and makes tunnling easier since he ignores OTR. It also makes his Rage mode longer since survivors cannot mend during a chase.
    • The vaulting speed during Rage mode is still too fast and reminds me of Scamper Chucky. He should vault like Wesker.
    • Yamori's Mask is still unhealthy and reminds me of Totem Demogorgon since he can still protect his totems with ToTH and the scream interruption.

    Also, can we get some buffs for his Perks:

    • Hex: Nothing But Misery should activiates at least at four M1 hits and the Hindered status effect should be buffed to 10%.
    • Forever Entwined; should work like a hook based fire up with faster breaking and vaulting speed.
    • None Are Free: Is fine but could get a slightly number buff.

    If Kaneki is permanently enraged chasing one survivor he probably needs the help. Deep Wounds gives some agency to survivors at controlling Kaneki s enrage mode.

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913578#Comment_3913578

    If Kaneki is permanently enraged chasing one survivor he probably needs the help. Deep Wounds gives some agency to survivors at controlling Kaneki s enrage mode.

    Survivors have no control of his power because there is never a reason to stay in deep wound: Survivors have control of Plague's, Oni's, and Twins' power but with some drawbacks - they can stay infected which means they are injured and easy to find but no red puke; Survivors can predrop pallets and play really safe but will lose their resources really quickly, they can hold Victor hostage to limit Charlotte but then this one is Oblivious and cannot work on gens. There is no real interaction.

    In my opinion, they should remove the deep wound and once Ken hits a survivor with the Grab-Attack, the timer starts - so his power is a bit more limit but still there for at least 30 seconds. This would also give him a higher skill ceiling since now you have a bit of time pressure and you are a bit more forced to use your power. Currently, he never really runs out of Rage mode which makes it kinda pointless and less skillful.

  • I really hope the nerf to his Tentacle range will get reverted. The short range feels absolutely terrible now.
    Reducing the range for grab attacks on survivors would have been enough. But nerfing the general Kagune range to 14 meters is just sad. Especially since we can't even get the original reach of 16 meters with using the Handkerchief add on now.
    I don't mind the other nerfs, but this one really hurts the fun in playing him. 💔

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    I really hope the nerf to his Tentacle range will get reverted. The short range feels absolutely terrible now.
    Reducing the range for grab attacks on survivors would have been enough. But nerfing the general Kagune range to 14 meters is just sad. Especially since we can't even get the original reach of 16 meters with using the Handkerchief add on now.
    I don't mind the other nerfs, but this one really hurts the fun in playing him. 💔

    I feel most people have grown too used to his original range. As someone who rarely played him before the nerf, it still feels great. That's why it’s best not to play too much with an OP killer; they are bound to get nerfed. There is no clunkiness at all. I doubt they will revert it.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913693#Comment_3913693

    I feel most people have grown too used to his original range. As someone who rarely played him before the nerf, it still feels great. That's why it’s best not to play too much with an OP killer; they are bound to get nerfed. There is no clunkiness at all. I doubt they will revert it.

    Eh, it kind of bothers me on a conceptual level given how much of the game comes in increments of 8m and it's a movement power, but that's just

    Being annoyed. That and questioning why BHVR felt the need to nerf the add-on at the same time (is old range with only one add-on and you removed one of the CD add-ons that bad? We shall never know), because 'incremental approach' is seemingly an unknown phrase.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913693#Comment_3913693

    I feel most people have grown too used to his original range. As someone who rarely played him before the nerf, it still feels great. That's why it’s best not to play too much with an OP killer; they are bound to get nerfed. There is no clunkiness at all. I doubt they will revert it.

    I mean yes, even as someone who is a survivor main and only plays killer occasionally I probably got used to the 16 meter range. I even liked using the +2m Handkerchief add on to get 18 meters, because it's the most fun aspect if the killer imo. And I think it's a shame that the fun aspect gets nerfed.
    It really does feel clunky now when you have a comparison how it used to be.
    And I knew nerfs were coming, I'm okay with most of them, besides this one. That was just unnecessary and not even what most people were complaining about.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    I really hope the nerf to his Tentacle range will get reverted. The short range feels absolutely terrible now.
    Reducing the range for grab attacks on survivors would have been enough. But nerfing the general Kagune range to 14 meters is just sad. Especially since we can't even get the original reach of 16 meters with using the Handkerchief add on now.
    I don't mind the other nerfs, but this one really hurts the fun in playing him. 💔

    Nah he is still oppressive even with this, people just want DBD vs AI.

  • @ChuckingWong said:

    These changes do not look like theyll accomplish anything.

    Mask add-on is STILL broken.

    I actually think the add-on is fine now; it's very similar to BBQ. The add-on isn't as strong with totem builds either, so I fail to see why it's still considered broken. Maybe I'm missing something, though. Can you explain why you think it is still a problem?

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913450#Comment_3913450

    I actually think the add-on is fine now; it's very similar to BBQ. The add-on isn't as strong with totem builds either, so I fail to see why it's still considered broken. Maybe I'm missing something, though. Can you explain why you think it is still a problem?

    The problem with its scream was not its range.

    The problem with its scream is its scream.

    Honestly the addon should just do something else, its too powerful of an effect.

    Still insanely strong with totems, I dont see why it wouldnt be. Kaneki would just patrol a non screamed totem (because he can, super fast even if its within the 40m)

    Still insanely strong with deadmans switch.

    Its a free BBQ.

    Its a meme addon at this point. It should simply not exist.

  • @Choaron said:

    So nothing about vault speed in power as well as movement speed when cancelling midair aka the two biggest balance issues with this killer. I see.

    these are the biggest problems! every pallet is a free hit no matter what. wait for drop, user power free hit. no drop, can instantly catch you. mobility into cancel to an instant hit is also frustrating. The two worst things about this killer and they are left in.

  • P{layed a few games as and against him…. He feels way less oppressive on both ends. Probably about the same strength as Spirit and Dark Lord.

  • @ble3kaudio said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913361#Comment_3913361

    these are the biggest problems! every pallet is a free hit no matter what. wait for drop, user power free hit. no drop, can instantly catch you. mobility into cancel to an instant hit is also frustrating. The two worst things about this killer and they are left in.

    The cancel is his only way of downing. Otherwise he turns into an M1 killer for downing….like legion

    • Fixed an issue where the "Grenade Launcher" Killer master challenge could not be completed.

    Huh? Like I get thats the name of a challenge but now I wanna see someone create a pic of Legion with a grenade launcher.

  • You mean the one where killers have absolutly no point in playing?

  • @ble3kaudio said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3913361#Comment_3913361

    these are the biggest problems! every pallet is a free hit no matter what. wait for drop, user power free hit. no drop, can instantly catch you. mobility into cancel to an instant hit is also frustrating. The two worst things about this killer and they are left in.

    If you take away both of those abilities, what can the killer do? I believe the vault speed needs a nerf, but the cooldown when canceling his power is fine in my opinion. If it were nerfed, he would really struggle to down anyone. Since the nerf, many survivors I've faced are getting better at playing against the Ghoul.

    Don’t get me wrong—I’ve shared my opinions about this killer since he was released, and I’ve disliked going against him. However, after playing him more today following the nerfs, I believe the cooldown changes (canceling his power) might not be necessary. A very slight nerf could be acceptable, but overall, I think he will be fine, especially after they eventually nerf the vault speed.

  • If Kaneki were to be nerfed any further, he would become an insignificant, map-hopping bug to survivors.

1 2 ›