Why do people make up rules?

I'm kinda new to the game on both sides killer and surviver. I dont get how people cant just play and figure it out. Like tunneling if some one is chaseng you and you go in circles why keep going around and some where else? I'm just asking it's like playing tag you go around and around of course the killer going to chase you 

Comments

  • Why did u create 3 of the same forum post?
  • Why did u create 3 of the same forum post?
    Might have accidentally tapped the post key more than once. I just did that, too. 
    Edited my extra post, though. 
  • Theyd rather blame their loss on the other side playing unfairly than admit they were outplayed.
  • I have my own made up rules.

    If I face Legion, I do all I can to help the team, but when I get hooked, I suicide on hook. Because Legion is so freaking boring to play against, I just want to get to the next match. M1 Mend......Ok, DOH! M1 Mend...Ok, where's the....M1 Mend....PLEASE KILL ME! That is Legion's real power, makes you beg for death!

  • I have my own made up rules.

    If I face Legion, I do all I can to help the team, but when I get hooked, I suicide on hook. Because Legion is so freaking boring to play against, I just want to get to the next match. M1 Mend......Ok, DOH! M1 Mend...Ok, where's the....M1 Mend....PLEASE KILL ME! That is Legion's real power, makes you beg for death!

    If you don't have trouble getting away from Killers normally, and you also use Borrowed Time, Legion should honestly not be that big of a deal.

    There's a reason he's actually low tier unlike people claim
  • @fusky17 said:
    I'm kinda new to the game on both sides killer and surviver. I dont get how people cant just play and figure it out. Like tunneling if some one is chaseng you and you go in circles why keep going around and some where else? I'm just asking it's like playing tag you go around and around of course the killer going to chase you 

    People use made-up-rules or gaming-religions to "manually balance" the game to a (in their belief) desirable state. The types of doctrines surrounding camping and tunneling are thrown around to make you participate,

  • You gotta blame it on someone, right?

  • That's just how Mafia works, man.

  • To shame others into playing the game their way so they can win easily.
  • The best part about these rules is that you can break them. It then releases copious amounts of salt that you can enjoy.

    The 4% salt is best for popcorn
  • But my 4% dude. 😂
  • Humans are creatures are entitled.

  • @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    To shame others into playing the game their way so they can win easily.

    I think it would be more accurate to say "To shame others into playing the game their way so they can have more fun". Of course most people have more fun when they win so it's basically the same thing.

  • There are indeed some extreme cases of made up rules. Especially some survi main streamers have more pages on their rulebook than bible.


    ClogWench said:
    Theyd rather blame their loss on the other side playing unfairly than admit they were outplayed.
    If killer goes bloodlust 3 on mid sized loop just to catch me and loses the game cuz of that I quess thats me getting outplayed.
  • @starkiller1286 said:
    EntityDispleased said:

    The best part about these rules is that you can break them. It then releases copious amounts of salt that you can enjoy.

    The 4% salt is best for popcorn

    it is, same with hatch grabs

  • @starkiller1286 said:
    EntityDispleased said:

    The best part about these rules is that you can break them. It then releases copious amounts of salt that you can enjoy.

    The 4% salt is best for popcorn

    it is, same with hatch grabs

    @starkiller1286 said:
    EntityDispleased said:

    The best part about these rules is that you can break them. It then releases copious amounts of salt that you can enjoy.

    The 4% salt is best for popcorn

    it is, same with hatch grabs

    Those are the best but usually end with instant dc
  • Haven't you read the Book of Survivors made-up rules for Dead By Daylight?

    My favourite one is "Can't camp a survivor on hook to secure the kill when exit gates are open. You have to give them to chance to escape".

  • It's #########. Like... when is an unwritten rule an official unwritten rule? When 10 people say it? 100? 1000????
    Unwritten survivor rule "tunneling" , you cant go for the same person twice... even if the person runs into you, like just let him go. But my unwritten rule... uhhh... let me make up a name, Kowalski! Kowalski allows me to get 4 hooks at the start of the game so I get my BBQ stacks. But no one follows my unwritten rule, because its just me saying it I guess. So when do you have to follow an unwritten rule? NEVER!!! :chuffed:

  • Nick said:

    It's #########. Like... when is an unwritten rule an official unwritten rule? When 10 people say it? 100? 1000????
    Unwritten survivor rule "tunneling" , you cant go for the same person twice... even if the person runs into you, like just let him go. But my unwritten rule... uhhh... let me make up a name, Kowalski! Kowalski allows me to get 4 hooks at the start of the game so I get my BBQ stacks. But no one follows my unwritten rule, because its just me saying it I guess. So when do you have to follow an unwritten rule? NEVER!!! :chuffed:

    Say I if u agree 100 killers say I 
    Devs : ok let's put it in the game 
    Survivors: one guy crys about it 
    Devs : ######### now we have to give them a god light power that makes them heal and recover faster 
  • List of rules for killers 
    You can camp on a down or hook person if u give a 3 to 5 sec head start 

    Survivors cant use pallets to stun 

    Add rules at this point cuz we can only complain hear 

    But I did wish they did take stuns off like when u drop a pallet on a killer it brakes i mean look at every killer movie 
  • @fusky17 said:
    List of rules for killers 
    You can camp on a down or hook person if u give a 3 to 5 sec head start 

    Survivors cant use pallets to stun 

    Add rules at this point cuz we can only complain hear 

    But I did wish they did take stuns off like when u drop a pallet on a killer it brakes i mean look at every killer movie 

    I've been playing this game for years and some of these rules I've never heard about at all.

  • I have my own made up rules.

    If I face Legion, I do all I can to help the team, but when I get hooked, I suicide on hook. Because Legion is so freaking boring to play against, I just want to get to the next match. M1 Mend......Ok, DOH! M1 Mend...Ok, where's the....M1 Mend....PLEASE KILL ME! That is Legion's real power, makes you beg for death!

    I get the same reaction sometimes when I play as Freddy. I like it.