OPERATION HEALTH IS REAL, I REPEAT, OPERATION HEALTH IS REAL

image.png

For those of you not in the DBD Discord, this was just recently announced, as you can see, we're getting massive QOL improvements and fixes this year

Here's to hoping this stuff actually fixes the problem instead of making the problems worse

Comments

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886166#Comment_3886166

    The concern is if all 4 survivors bring 4 different map offerings, then what is the overall chance that one of those maps is chosen?

    Oh. Then, I miss understood the post and didn't think of it. Year, that is actually a problem since - that's the way I understand it - survivors can drop an Eyrie and a Badham offering and already give you a 40% chance for a miserable killer-map.

  • @biggybiggybiggens said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886107#Comment_3886107

    We can make it to where teammates can only see each others perks when pressing the "Esc" key after you're already in game. Then if you want to D/C, it's all on you at that point.

    Yeah, that's what I meant (if that wasn't clear). I just didn't know what to call the page that you bring up in game with the menu button.

  • only took 9 years. Better late than never, I guess

  • @Rudjohns said:

    "anti-slugging surrender option"

    great, slugging will be even stronger now, why bother hooking if the survivor can just surrender on the ground?

    That's what I was saying to my friends.

    If you have a killer that brings Knock Out against solo-queue โ€” lets say a Scratched Mirror Myers on an indoor map or any other killer for the most part.

    It just pushes the slugging narrative as you just bypass the hooking stage. You have four survivors on the ground and can easily 4k by using Knock Out. If these changes go through, they need to put it on a timer if anything.

    Last night, I had a Bubba who slugged everyone on Coldwind and in this situation, it would just fuel people to run anti-slugging or push for slugging as they don't have to wait out the four minute timer delay into another game. Definitely wasn't thought through, but I'm not surprised since the Mori changes.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3885802#Comment_3885802

    They could put that in the Loading Screen. This might still lead to DCs while loading, but I dont think it would be much. OR at the very least it should be in the game when pressing "Esc", where you see the names and Ping of the players.

    This would just be something which bridges the gap between Solo and SWF a bit. People might know that I have Resurgence and dont lead all the healing progress go to waste against Hemorrhage. Or I know that someone else has Deliverance and dont run across the Map just for them unhooking themselves when I am halfway there.

    I think the best solution is to put it where you pause the game when the trial starts.

    This way solo-queue gets on-demand information on what someone is running. Sure, you'll have people pause and probably scroll over to read perks, but it would help game knowledge for people to learn non-meta perks and we already do that in Chaos Shuffle.

    You put it in the loading screen, people can DC during the loading screen.

    You put it in the lobby, people will lobby dodge due to the perks.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886176#Comment_3886176

    20% for each of the four, I assume the rest of the maps have the normal weight.

    Does that mean 1 - (0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) = 59% that one of the four maps is chosen?

    Because the survivor choice going from 100% to 59% doesn't sound very fair to me, when the killer choice is just flat out going from 100% to 20%.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    "anti-slugging surrender option"

    great, slugging will be even stronger now, why bother hooking if the survivor can just surrender on the ground?

    BHVR after working months on the anti-slug surrender option only to see that one thread about how "a surrender option for mass slugging is the wrong choice" get a lot of traction like 3 days ago: ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘

  • This is nice to hear. I'm sure there will be growing pains but I'm hopeful it'll be worth it.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886179#Comment_3886179

    Does that mean 1 - (0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) = 59% that one of the four maps is chosen?

    Because the survivor choice going from 100% to 59% doesn't sound very fair to me, when the killer choice is just flat out going from 100% to 20%.

    We have no idea at the moment. It could be as you said. Or it could be there is a 20% chance that the system checks to see if map offerings are in play (random number 1 to 5, if 1 go to offering selection, if not go normal map selection), which would mean that stacking map offerings of different types would have no impact.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886179#Comment_3886179

    Does that mean 1 - (0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) = 59% that one of the four maps is chosen?

    Because the survivor choice going from 100% to 59% doesn't sound very fair to me, when the killer choice is just flat out going from 100% to 20%.

    I would think so, but it's DBD math, who knows how it'll end up actually working.

  • Maybe adding the spectator mode a free camera

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3885681#Comment_3885681

    BHVR after working months on the anti-slug surrender option only to see that one thread about how "a surrender option for mass slugging is the wrong choice" get a lot of traction like 3 days ago: ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘

    Yeah, a surrender option for when everyone is slugged will just encourage more slugging. I'm not seeing any way yet how it will help.

  • @HolyDarky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886138#Comment_3886138

    No. Map offerings will be no longer stackable. So dropping four Eyries won't increase the chance to 80% - it will stay at 20%.

    I am personally happy about the chance but I also rather prefer your suggestion.

    Oh, I missed the part where it said they won't stack.

    In that case, they may as well have just retired map offerings.

  • @Mandy

    Over the past 3 years or so, you have placed various restrictions on killer play, mainly for the purpose of balancing the game. However, since gameplay that follows the restriction of just 7-8 hooks with no camping and no tunnels does not benefit the killer side in any way, we need to consider what the killer player gets if he/she does these "good" deeds.

    On top of that, I would like to see a vision of what direction to take this game to a PvP game, taking into account that a high number of survivor escapes will inevitably give the killer player the impression of losing to the survivor player, and a high number of survivor kills will inevitably give the survivor player the impression of losing to the killer player!I would like to see a vision of what direction you would like to take this game.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886166#Comment_3886166

    Oh, I missed the part where it said they won't stack.

    In that case, they may as well have just retired map offerings.

    @Coffeecrashing made a good point: survivors can still have more control than killers: dropping Eyrie + Badham or Autohaven + McMillen gives them a 40% chance to get their preferred maps that gives them an advantage while killers will have a 20% chance no matter what.

    I can only say it again: I agree and wish the map offerings would decrease the chances for this realm instead of increasing it. For me, map offerings are the most annoying part in this game. I can understand that some players don't wanna play on specific maps but not that some need to send the other side to the most miserable one or with the best advantage.

    But once the PTB with this change goes live, I hope our feedback will convince the devs to make additional changes to map offerings

  • Bhvr., after ruining their game for survivors so much that they need to offer 400% blood point bonus just to get them to play the game, decides to announce an "operation health" where the entire first phase is killer sided changes. Good job Bhvr.

  • @doobiedo said:

    Bhvr., after ruining their game for survivors so much that they need to offer 400% blood point bonus just to get them to play the game, decides to announce an "operation health" where the entire first phase is killer sided changes. Good job Bhvr.

    You know just as well as everyone that the incentive has nothing to do with 'people not wanting to play the game'.

  • @MarbleThrone said:

    Some other things I hope are on their radar:

    โ†’ The tutorial. It's extremely outdated and covers less than the basics. It needs an overhaul to be brought up to 2025 standards.

    โ†’ The thumbs up system. Giving people a thumbs up at the end of a match doesn't do anything, but we know this is being tracked because of earlier stat posts. Give people who accumulate thumbs up-s a bonus in the form of Bloodpoints or Shards. Like, for every 10 or every 20 thumbs up you get an x amount of each.

    To further add to this:

    I think it would make a lot of sense to have the Thumbs Up rewards be treated similarly to grades. Like, every month you gain increased bonuses based on the amount of Thumbs Up you received, and then it resets back to 0 at the same time as grade reset.

    The multiplier can work as follows:

    For each Thumbs Up received, you gain an additional 1% (stackable) Bloodpoint bonus across all categories post-match. So, with 10 Thumbs Up you gain a permanent 10% increase to Bloodpoints per match. And with each consecutive Thumbs Up, that bonus increases. Is 1% not enough? Then maybe they can make it so it's 5% per Thumbs Up, or 10% per Thumbs Up, or whatever percentage makes it worthwile.

    And if Bloodpoints are not enough, why not do the same with Shards or XP gain. Reward a player who accumulates lots of Thumbs Up with additional Shards or XP points per match. And remember, this will reset back to 0 every 13th anyway.

    Naturally, it should not be possible for friends to upvote each other every match. It should be once per player, per month. I'm sure there are ways to implement this so as to not make it abusable.

  • @Rudjohns said:

    "anti-slugging surrender option"

    great, slugging will be even stronger now, why bother hooking if the survivor can just surrender on the ground?

    It's more like an "Anti-bleed out mechanic", true.

    Slugging is countered by some perks already. And a decent game sense.

    Knock Out and Blindness are a bit too strong against solo Q for the slugging tho.

  • These changes would be nice in a game without griefer and cheater.

    I can't await the lobby reactions about my builds.

    Cheater can disable crows. Survivor teaming with the killer can now just sitting it out.

  • @HolyDarky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886323#Comment_3886323

    @Coffeecrashing made a good point: survivors can still have more control than killers: dropping Eyrie + Badham or Autohaven + McMillen gives them a 40% chance to get their preferred maps that gives them an advantage while killers will have a 20% chance no matter what.

    I can only say it again: I agree and wish the map offerings would decrease the chances for this realm instead of increasing it. For me, map offerings are the most annoying part in this game. I can understand that some players don't wanna play on specific maps but not that some need to send the other side to the most miserable one or with the best advantage.

    But once the PTB with this change goes live, I hope our feedback will convince the devs to make additional changes to map offerings

    Yeah. I wish map offerings made the maps less likely to happen.

    Or the game should scale the 20% amongst all the survivors that brought map offerings. If only 1 survivor brings a map offering, then there could be a +20% chance that offering will be used. But if all 4 survivors bring map offerings, there should only be a +5% chance that each of those offerings will be used, so that the survivor side still collectively only has a +20% bonus.

  • I agree that Map Offerings should decrease the chances of going to those specific maps. It makes no sense to let people choose maps in a game like this. Now if the map balance wasn't an issue, we wouldn't have to worryโ€ฆ Unfortunately, maps continue to be the worst part of DBD in terms of balance.

    Change the map offerings to guarantee NOT sending us to the map we burn. Makes more sense anyway. The offerings are burned, eliminating that map from the pool when burned. This would also help devs understand what maps need the most work if most people are trying to avoid the same map.

    If you're still listening BHVR, prove it. Map offerings should never aid a side with a plan in place.

  • @HolyDarky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3886323#Comment_3886323

    @Coffeecrashing made a good point: survivors can still have more control than killers: dropping Eyrie + Badham or Autohaven + McMillen gives them a 40% chance to get their preferred maps that gives them an advantage while killers will have a 20% chance no matter what.

    I can only say it again: I agree and wish the map offerings would decrease the chances for this realm instead of increasing it. For me, map offerings are the most annoying part in this game. I can understand that some players don't wanna play on specific maps but not that some need to send the other side to the most miserable one or with the best advantage.

    But once the PTB with this change goes live, I hope our feedback will convince the devs to make additional changes to map offerings

    I think with the changes it should be a simple flat 20% and no stackability in that case.

    Defeats the purpose for four survivors to stack (let's say a Badham) and it automatically goes to Badham.

    Realistically, I would prefer them to outright remove map offerings but they're not going to do that - so a flat 20% and no more would be key. They did this with the fog offerings (I think where they used to stack) - they can do the same for map offerings.

  • I mean anybody can still lobby dodge for whatever picky reason. It'd be silly to leave out such a crucial feature that would benefit SoloQ playersโ€ฆ I'd wager most Survivors would really appreciate seeing what Perks they're team is going to be using before the trial starts. If people want to lobby dodge because of something so petty, they'll theoretically lobby dodge regardless. Let us see our teams perks or put a system in place that lets 4 people who are in SoloQ use a similar feature.

1 2 3 โ€บ